Not Your Average Joe's Warwick
400 Bald Hill Road
Warwick, RI 02886Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Warwick
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nyajoes.com/
- Phone: 4017395637x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have a full catering menu for any sized large group. please give us a call to set something up
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Warwick
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We're creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe. At Not Your Average Joe's, we build like we cook: creatively, from scratch, with guests in mind.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Not Your Average Joe's Warwick - Best Restaurants in Warwick ›
Not Your Average Joe's Warwick reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (75)good for groups (62)great for outdoor dining (54)kid-friendly (53)neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (44)special occasion (35)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (17)hot spot (16)great for brunch (12)romantic (10)notable wine list (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- first time userOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014This was the first time that I made a reservation on-line w/NYAJ. It was easy and worked perfectly. Every request and comment was acknowledged and met. I go to the Dartmouth restaurant usually(closer to home) but love the Warwick site and have taken my parents and granddaughters a few times. Service and food were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemReviewDined on 8/23/2014Another nice visit to a neighborhood gem. Food and wine usually quite good. Ambiance, too. I like the new outdoor seating, fire pit, etc.Special Features:
- Definitely Not AveragefoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have dined at NYAJ Warwick multiple times are never disappointed. Executive Chef Luciano & General Manager Michele O'Brien and staff make all diners feel special , welcome and well nourished. The almond crusted goat cheese salad with raspberry vinaigrette was described by our dinner guest as tasting like "cheesecake on lettuce"! What could be better than that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Servicercol13VIPDined on 8/22/2014Our family has always loved NYAJ. This experience was great. We sat outside and kids got to sit by the outdoor fireplace, and our server brought our salads over to us while we sat by the fireplace.Special Features:
- GramDined on 8/22/2014Love the place, but they never received my reservation made thru open table. Thumbs up for Not Your Average Joes, thumbs down for open table.Special Features:
- One of my favorites!RIPharmieDined on 8/15/2014This is my favorite "chain" restaurant. I've never had a bad experience. The Cobb salad is awesome... I order that quite frequently! Tried the coconut shrimp this time... Yum! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedJoebean18Dined on 8/14/2014Had a great first time dining experience. The menu was very diverse and yet classic. The food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rudeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014Very rude staff - they need some customer service training! Don't bother with this place.
- PostmasterDined on 8/10/2014Joe's was ok. While I would go back, I won't rush to do so. Would have liked to finish my chowder before my meal was delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rare disappointmentjb0362Dined on 8/7/2014Unreal.... 45+min for food service on 2 burgers and 2 kids meals. 17 min for beverage service We were forgotten outside. Been here before with no issues.
- Good eats!Cileee21Dined on 8/3/2014Good atmosphere, Good food, Great service...what more could I want on a night when I didn't feel like cooking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuggestionneedWWchoicesDined on 8/3/2014Love the restaurant, but, your menu choices are not Weight Watcher friendly. Therefore, I would not go there to eat very often.Special Features:
- Not to be Missed!DeDeDinahDined on 8/2/2014We were slightly earlier than our 8:15 reservation, but were immediately walked to our table (with about 25 sets of waiting guests' eyes, who watched us walk right in... hee hee... thank you Open Table). Friendly, experienced staff and excellent service... no excruciating delays between drinks, app, main, or dessert. Awesome, industrial atmosphere, which is attractively decorated. Have always loved the menu... :) We were in an out in an hour, on a busy Saturday night. We are Joe's regulars (visit Seekonk location often). Overall, it's a really cool restaurant to dine at.Special Features:
- Server issuesFamilyDined on 8/2/2014The last time we has this particular server (Chris P.) the service was lousy. Not sure if this is the correct company for him brought over the incorrect beer. Then took forever to clear plate in between courses keep saying he be back in a second. Not sure may need to be retrained or freed up for other employment. In know in the future I will not be sitting in his section. Not that I'm expecting anything to come of this last time I responded to this email the "manager" respond state they wanted to send out a gift card for the bad service and have yet to get that aprox. 4 months agoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so-soRIChris2014Dined on 8/2/2014On a Saturday night @6pm, was promptly seated, but had to wait 7-8 minutes before the waiter arrived. By then we had decided what to order, but our waiter was trying to make us change to an upgraded dinner. We did not change and we very happy with our choices. When it came time for the check what was delivered was not our check. Needless to say I, although the good was good, I won't rush back there any time soon.Special Features:
- Super outdoor dining spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Our dinner at NYAJs was delicious and all we had looked forward to. Although it was rather noisy near the kitchen area, we were well taken care of by many staff members, maybe too many. Later the same evening we came back with friends to sit outside, where it was comfortably heated, decorated and quieter than our dinner spot. We love the varied menu, changing seasonally and are so glad the restaurant has come closer to home.Special Features:
- Good food excellent service !!!!!ReneePVIPDined on 7/24/2014Our server Cheryl made our experience so enjoyable! She was so upbeat and helpful! We will definitely return !!!! The food was very good and the drinks as well!!!?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014I had a great time at Not Your Average Joe's. My friend and I have gone two times now and both times we have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Perfect outing, great food and awesome price, friendly staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the Best!FoodloverRIDined on 7/17/2014I have been eating at Not Your Average Joe's for many years, at their MA locations. I was very happy when, few years ago, they opened up in Seekonk - not far from me. Then, this past year, they opened this restaurant just a few miles down the road from me - I go there, a few times a month, now - either alone or with someone - love the bar, love the focaccia bread and dip, and every single thing I have ever eaten there!!! Great desserts, as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014It was absolutely freezing, we told them and a nothing was done. Our server was slow. Been to other locations many times this time wasn't the best experience.
- Lunch with a friendRickTDined on 7/14/2014Enjoyed a nice lunch. good food, reasonable and friendly wait staff.Special Features:
- 3rd time and enjoyed all visitsamkevDined on 7/13/2014Not Your Average Joe's opened nearby about a year or so ago and we have been 3 times. For a chain, it is a cut above with something for everyone. The food has always been tasty and generous. And they are happy to adjust dishes per your requests and needs. I look forward to going back a couple of time a year.Special Features:
- Good food, a little slowExcellentVIPDined on 7/10/2014Food was good for lunch but service was a little slow considering we were there over an hour and all three of us only had salads.Special Features:
- liked it.....foody1137Dined on 7/9/2014The atmosphere is fabulous....the outdoor dining was so pretty. Our waiter was very energetic and friendly and informative about dinner choices and options. Service was very slow on a Wednesday later in the evening. 45 minute wait between drinks and appetizers which came with our dinner HATED THAT!!! If you have kids very good kid choices for dinner. Prices were reasonable. Steak tips were ordered....and they were cooked as ordered, and were very good. There signature dessert..peanut butter Oreo thingy...dark chocolate chips are to big and hard as rocks ruined the dessert (for me) - the raspberry sorbet was excellent served with fresh fruit ....The question is would I go back to this restaurant? probably, but not anytime soon.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good meeting placeFoodDivaDined on 7/8/2014I have been to this particular restaurant several times now. The food is good, however, I order the same meal almost every time I come to this particular location. And unfortunately it is a little different every time. Last night was very good, however, it was not very warm. It is the tuscan grilled chicken melted fresh mozzarella with marinated tomatoes, grilled chicken, basil aioli and arugula, on ciabatta, with organic greens. Last night the chicken was barely warm. I will go back but next time, I may try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love It!!!!MgoodgameDined on 7/5/2014I've been here twice now and it's been great both times. The bread and dipping sauce is worth the trip alone! My server was extremely nice and both times they sent me home with extra bread and a container of sauce. Very happy and I will be going back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta love NYA Joe's!kimbaDined on 7/5/2014NYAJ's is currently one of my favorite restaurants! The menu is interesting and varied with something for everyone - and I am a rather picky eater. The cocktails are creative and very tasty and I just LOVE the fresh bread and flavorful oil. The wait staff at the Warwick location is consistently friendly, courteous, and attentive. During my last two visits I enjoyed the outdoor dining and, while the view of the mall is not ideal, the eating area has a very nice atmosphere! Finally, I like the option of being able to make reservations. Happy 20th Anniversary to Joe's! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post Fourth of July reunionfoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014We hosted our annual Fifth of July celebration for our first time at the Warwick NYAJ - all of the guests (many of whom had never dined at a NYAJ) enjoyed themselves immensely. The management & wait staff had worked in advance with me to ensure the lunch went smoothly. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table wasn't readyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014I made a reservation and the table wasn't ready, after being seated the number of settings wasn't correct. My steak wasn't cooked to a medium well liked ordered. It was closer to a medium rare. The server was very nice and did a good job with a big party.
- freddieDined on 7/3/2014As always service and food was excellent Cherly is an awesum waitress however they have to stop serving the bread with dipping oil I just cant stop eating lol. Table was ready upon arrival and dinner went off without a hitch. We will return often as long as stays true to its food and service (see no end in sight)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014great gluten free menu. love the bread and dip. enjoy the drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNothappyDined on 6/28/2014Was not impressed with the food. Heard so much about meatloaf dinner and was overly disappointed with it. Pizza not great. Special lemonades were warm when brought to table. Bread and dipping sauce were excellent. Service was good. Most likely will not go back again. Extremely disappointed after all the hype about how delicious food was.Special Features:
- Always a great experience with JoeDangerjoyDined on 6/27/2014Not Your Average Joes has nothing but fabulous selections on the menu. Even when I stray from old favorites I am happy. And the sangria is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wide varietyHappynottocookDined on 6/26/2014Great menu with lots of choices to choose from. Appeals to a wide variety of people.Special Features:
- Worth goingtechmanDined on 6/26/2014The food and price are a value. The bread with that cheese, oil and spices is good enough to eat as a meal by itself. The burger I had was excellent. It was big and full of flavor. The fries were crispy and they give you plenty. Definately recommend going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food,Service needs worknewenlandfoodiesDined on 6/23/2014We often go to Not Your Average Joe's and usually are very pleased with the food and service. On this particular visit, we specifically went on a Monday evening to enjoy the Martini and Oyster special. Unfortunately, our server did not pay attention and charged us almost triple the correct amount. Make sure to check your bill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dayGreatdayDined on 6/22/2014We were a table of 11 with 5 kids and our waitress was amazing. We were a little late because my daughter's dance recital ran a little long and when I called to let them know the hostess was very pleasant. My family lives in CT and doesn't have a Joe's near them so they enjoy coming to visit so we can go there to eat. Great food for adults and for the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014The food was just okay...nothing that special. Nice that they have a gluten-free menu. Waiter was very nice and friendly but the service was a bit slow, even for just a soft drink refill. The thing that would prevent me from coming back to this restaurant or recommending it to a friend was that the music was so loud. It was difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Hungry Father DayGrandpaDined on 6/15/2014My wife made reservations for our family for Father's Day, so we would be sure to have dinner at a nice place and not have to wait long. We made an excellent chioice! We think this Joe's is relatively new,and had heard great reviews by friends. Our reservation was all set, we had the choice of inside or outside.... and will be sure to go back some summer evening to enjoy the fire pit with TV....what a way to please the whole family! Food was great and different. Healthy choices were easy to find and delicious. And the bread....can we just stop by for the bread? We left Joe's very pleased with everything, so we will be back, and won't wait for a special occasion. Just going is a special occasion!Special Features:
- Not quitekfaceDined on 6/14/2014We were a party of five. Our server was very good. Three of us enjoyed our meals. Two in our party ordered burgers, and both said the rolls were very dry/stale. This happened to me once, too. What's up with that? Also, I enjoyed the hand-cut french fries before, but on Saturday they were way overcooked.Special Features: