Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk
1125 Fall River Avenue
Seekonk, MA 02771Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nyajoes.com/
- Phone: (508) 343-5637
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
At Not Your Average Joe's, we build like we cook: creatively, from scratch, with guests in mind. One look at the renderings of our new Seekonk restaurant, and you'll see what we mean.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk - Best Restaurants in Seekonk ›
Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (87)fit for foodies (84)great for lunch (70)neighborhood gem (55)kid-friendly (55)special occasion (55)vibrant bar scene (33)hot spot (22)great for outdoor dining (20)notable wine list (14)romantic (11)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)Show More
- Never the same experience twice!merrywetherDined on 11/15/2014I've never had a bad meal here. The menu has its favorites, but they are constantly offering numerous specials and seasonal dishes that are eclectic and delicious. It's not your typical chain restaurant by any stretch. The wait staff is attentive and friendly. Despite the largeness of the place, the noise was completely manageable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner for an oldie. :o )LizcakesDined on 11/14/2014While we weren't with kids (ours are grown), kids were in abundance this Friday night but thankfully no one was screaming - children OR parents. I ordered the steak which was fine, nothing spectacular, the fries were WONDERFUL (as I seldom have them), the watercress or greens on the plate had a bit of dressing on them, just enough but it was spicy - didn't expect that and didn't like it very much. My husband had a burger of some sort which he liked. Both of us consumed ALL of our fries, again very unusual! I chose the bread pudding for my birthday dessert. I ate about 80 per cent. Not impressed as the best thing about it was the caramel (and chocolate) that the pastry 'chef' swirled on the plate. It was a bit 'thick' and rather tasteless. Oh well. LOVED the bread and garlic&parm oil at the start which is the real reason we keep coming back. Next time I'd choose another entree and another dessert but there will be another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big loud dining roomAiredaleVIPDined on 11/11/2014For a mid-week lunch stop the place was packed. Seriously, very full and loud with preschool kids out with a parent, retirees and people working over lunch. Food was good, nothing out of this world, and is similar to what you'll find at every NYAJ. I felt we were a little rushed, a little neglected, and it seemed like service closer to a chain than an independent free standing restaurant. I think it's good for what it is, but don't think it is markedly different than a Bertucci's or similar type offering.Special Features:
- Great food and service!MrsCrosbyDined on 11/9/2014Dined at the Seekonk location for a birthday lunch - food from appetizers to desserts was excellent and imaginative! Loved the lamb over couscous. Caramel sangria was delicious! Our server was excellent and promptly met every request.Special Features:
- great placecloutDined on 11/8/2014The food was very good. The service was excellent. Used to be a cheap place to go but it's getting expensive the last couple of times I've been there but still a god place.Special Features:
- Love this placemeb110808Dined on 11/7/2014Will continue to go back. I suggest using Open Table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeCleanerVIPDined on 11/7/2014The food and service was great would definitely recomend to both family and friends. I would recomend making Open Table reservations prior as Friday and Saturdays tend to be busy.Special Features:
- Late on Reservation and Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We had a reservation for 2 at 7pm. Entered and gave our name, was told we would be seated shortly. Didn't get a seat until 7:35 pm and it was in the loud uncomfortable bar area seating. The waitress never refilled my drink until I tracked her down. Ordered a drink off the specials menu and never received it. It wasn't on our bill either which means she never even remembered to put it in. The food was a longer than usual wait there. The waitress cleared our food off before we were actually finished. I do not think we will be back here.Special Features:
- Great experiencejtavDined on 11/7/2014The waitress was very, very attentive and the food was delicious. We took our parents and they were very happy with the food and Service.Special Features:
- kdlpnDined on 11/7/2014My mother & I ordered the chicken piccata which was overcooked and needed a steak knife to cut it! This is the first time I've had a negative experience at NYAJ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just OK this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/6/2014The food was just OK this time. There is some consistency issues at this restaurant. My daughter's hamburger was burnt. My wife's lamb entree didn't have much flavor. My butternut squash ravioli were very tasty.Special Features:
- MarionDined on 11/1/2014Great spot for a quick bite or dinner - have been here many times before and it is consistently good. The bread is to die for!Special Features:
- Great for everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I love to try new things but tend to stay safe on my entrée whereas my husband is the opposite. He ordered a monthly Octoberfest special and I order the tried and true steak tips. Loved everything.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Service was very slow on this visit. Drinks took much too long as did the appetizer but the food was delicious as usual with a great presentation. Waitstaff was very pleasant and helpful. Not sure at what point of service the slow down was occurring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYAJ's always pleasesAliceM13Dined on 10/30/2014Planned to get together with an old friend and our daughters. We also had a 3 year old with us. Great service very helpful and accommodating. Tried something new Schnitzel and Kugel. Not my favorite Joe's dish. However the pumpkin cheesecake was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heads above its peersOtbtVIPDined on 10/27/2014Not your average casual dining restaurant. Right across the street from Friday's - we would always choose and recommend NYAJs. Have enjoyed wine and apps ( tasty flatbreads) as well as gluten free menu items on different occasions- all were very tasty.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2014I love the atmosphere, the food, the decor, etc. I especially love the peanut butter dessert. I love that you do free birthday dinners, although my husband never did receive a free birthday certificate and his birthday was 10/26.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodKspringerDined on 10/25/2014I love Not Your Average Joe's! The food is so good no matter what you get. The bread and dipping oil are habit forming. The people that work there are all so nice too. The only negative thing was that two of my favorite things are no longer on the menu. The veggie lasagna roll up and the creme' brulle cheesecake. We used to stop in for dessert for that! But the pumpkin cheesecake was fantastic!Special Features:
- baf23Dined on 10/25/2014Jess with an h was a great server knew the menu and was very helpful when placing the order always came bye asking if everything was alrigrht. Why do you need 50 characters for a review ? Server wasn't great enough?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We made a reservation through Open Table. We arrived 10 minutes prior to our time. We were told they were clearing out table. 25 minutes later we had to ask about our table. The manager saw that we had a reservation and immediately seated us, The hostess had forgotten about us. Not a good start.Special Features:
- One of my favorite placescininneDined on 10/23/2014I have thoroughly enjoyed every meal I have had at Joe's. The menu has a lot of variety, the presentation is excellent and the flavors are mouth watering. I've never had a bad experience and I look forward to every visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a Bad MealrnmscnorDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I have gone to NYAJ for many years. We have been to several of their locations including this one in Seekonk. The food is always good. Good size portions. It is a very busy restaurant, so the noise level is quite high. We typically request a booth, and have always been able to be seated at one. We were seated a few minutes before our reservation and service was very good.Special Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014I love this restaurant! I always try to make a reservation because, A LOT of people feel the same way, so there is always a wait. I love the bread and dipping oil the best! The service is always great too.Special Features:
- LMAEDined on 10/14/2014Our waitress was extremely accommodating. We asked to move from a booth to a table and she took care of that request with a smile!! The service was excellent as well as the food!Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014Service is fantastic and my two young boys loved their food and dessert.Special Features:
- fabulous.......OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The food was amazing and the sevice was great. I cant wait to go back. Thanks for the fabulous birthday meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love itiknowfoodDined on 10/11/2014We are never disappointed with our meals and service when we go. We love being able to make reservations on line. And oh that food! Best there is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average. Not many meal selections.WeekendfoodieDined on 10/10/2014The Pumpkin Chicken Chipotle was very good. The fish was fair. Drinks were great. Always love the bread and dipping sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe's Knowsjnog88Dined on 10/8/2014They always get it right. The food. There service. All of it. I never leave Joe's unhappy :)Special Features:
- Yum!Out2EatDined on 10/4/2014NYAJ breaks the mold on chain restaurants. The food is great and the menu is always changing. I look forward to good service and a good time whether I'm with the family or out with the girls. Thanks to Open Table for saving me a seat because there's always a line - a sure sign that it's worth the wait, but not with Open Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014We ate at Not you average Joe's in Seekonk last Friday night and we had, by far, the best service ever. We have always had great service when we go there, but Julianna was fabulous. She was charming, friendly, informative and just an incredible server. She was attentive, but not over bearing and was so with all of her tables. Whenever our daughter comes home from college she asks to go there, and we are never disappointed.Special Features:
- hubbys birthday dinnerslwhite412Dined on 10/2/2014Walked in sat down in a booth as requested when making the online reservation..food and server was GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and delicious!MamaBDined on 10/2/2014We have been going to Not Your Average Joe's for quite awhile now. We have always been very pleased with both the food and the service. After you sign up with their email program, they send you a birthday coupon every year that gives you a free dinner AND dessert, which can be worth $25 or more! I find that amazing! They even honored mine after it had expired by a few days!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingdatenightDined on 10/1/2014we went for bday dinner. the orders were completely messed up. i asked the difference between flounder and haddock..decided to go with the haddock but got flounder. asked for vegetable instead of mashed potatoes but got the potatoes. My husband asked for a medium burger and fries and received a well done burger and cold fries. While the food items were getting corrected my husband kept his burger and ate it without anything else. our hot fires, and veggies came out after we were done with our main food item and no one came to check on us for more drinks and we had an empty glass for a long time. Although management comp'd my husbands meal, it was so disappointing that we chose this restaurant to celebrate and EVERYTHING was wrong.Special Features:
- Great place!Luv2eatDined on 9/30/2014I would definitely recommend this place! Outstanding food and so accommodating for people with food allergies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waitressJAKEDined on 9/29/2014the waitress that served us was outstanding and may the night be fun since it was my birthday. it was a pleasure having her waiting on us my wife and myself were celebrating my 72 birthday and the meal was excellent and I am only allowed to eat iceburg lettuce do to one of the med's I take. she brought me out a very nice salad and the food we have was also very good as was the super great strawberry shortcake was the best we ever had. we will be returning to the Seekonk Ma. believe me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bernie's bdayBernieDined on 9/28/2014Great food and service. Glad u brought the cannelloni back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Place to dine for everyone!ShirlDined on 9/28/2014Our table was ready for us when we arrived. Service was excellent, as our waitress was extremely pleasant, energetic and very accommodating. The food was great and served in a timely fashion and was delicious. Prices are extremely reasonable for good quality food. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice week night dinnerbethMDDined on 9/22/2014My husband daughter and I had an enjoyable week night dinner at Not Your Average Joe's The food was fresh and delicious. I had the Mona Lisa Salad. Very good. My husband had a chicken sandwich that he enjoyed and my daughter had the flounder which was fresh and fabulous.Special Features:
- Best DealsChuckBDined on 9/20/2014Received a coupon for a birthday entree and desert! All of the other chains just sent me a crummy free desert offer. And we do eat at NYAJs on a regular basis. I'm not that cheap............Special Features: