Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk
1125 Fall River Avenue
Seekonk, MA 02771Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nyajoes.com/
- Phone: 5083435637
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
At Not Your Average Joe's, we build like we cook: creatively, from scratch, with guests in mind. One look at the renderings of our new Seekonk restaurant, and you'll see what we mean.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk - Best Restaurants in Seekonk ›
Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (84)good for groups (84)great for lunch (77)special occasion (65)neighborhood gem (60)kid-friendly (56)vibrant bar scene (33)great for outdoor dining (24)hot spot (22)notable wine list (14)romantic (13)great for brunch (9)late-night find (9)scenic view (1)Show More
- Never a Bad MealrnmscnorDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I have gone to NYAJ for many years. We have been to several of their locations including this one in Seekonk. The food is always good. Good size portions. It is a very busy restaurant, so the noise level is quite high. We typically request a booth, and have always been able to be seated at one. We were seated a few minutes before our reservation and service was very good.Special Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014I love this restaurant! I always try to make a reservation because, A LOT of people feel the same way, so there is always a wait. I love the bread and dipping oil the best! The service is always great too.Special Features:
- LMAEDined on 10/14/2014Our waitress was extremely accommodating. We asked to move from a booth to a table and she took care of that request with a smile!! The service was excellent as well as the food!Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014Service is fantastic and my two young boys loved their food and dessert.Special Features:
- fabulous.......OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The food was amazing and the sevice was great. I cant wait to go back. Thanks for the fabulous birthday meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love itiknowfoodDined on 10/11/2014We are never disappointed with our meals and service when we go. We love being able to make reservations on line. And oh that food! Best there is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average. Not many meal selections.WeekendfoodieDined on 10/10/2014The Pumpkin Chicken Chipotle was very good. The fish was fair. Drinks were great. Always love the bread and dipping sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!Out2EatDined on 10/4/2014NYAJ breaks the mold on chain restaurants. The food is great and the menu is always changing. I look forward to good service and a good time whether I'm with the family or out with the girls. Thanks to Open Table for saving me a seat because there's always a line - a sure sign that it's worth the wait, but not with Open Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014We ate at Not you average Joe's in Seekonk last Friday night and we had, by far, the best service ever. We have always had great service when we go there, but Julianna was fabulous. She was charming, friendly, informative and just an incredible server. She was attentive, but not over bearing and was so with all of her tables. Whenever our daughter comes home from college she asks to go there, and we are never disappointed.Special Features:
- hubbys birthday dinnerslwhite412Dined on 10/2/2014Walked in sat down in a booth as requested when making the online reservation..food and server was GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and delicious!MamaBDined on 10/2/2014We have been going to Not Your Average Joe's for quite awhile now. We have always been very pleased with both the food and the service. After you sign up with their email program, they send you a birthday coupon every year that gives you a free dinner AND dessert, which can be worth $25 or more! I find that amazing! They even honored mine after it had expired by a few days!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingdatenightDined on 10/1/2014we went for bday dinner. the orders were completely messed up. i asked the difference between flounder and haddock..decided to go with the haddock but got flounder. asked for vegetable instead of mashed potatoes but got the potatoes. My husband asked for a medium burger and fries and received a well done burger and cold fries. While the food items were getting corrected my husband kept his burger and ate it without anything else. our hot fires, and veggies came out after we were done with our main food item and no one came to check on us for more drinks and we had an empty glass for a long time. Although management comp'd my husbands meal, it was so disappointing that we chose this restaurant to celebrate and EVERYTHING was wrong.Special Features:
- Great place!Luv2eatDined on 9/30/2014I would definitely recommend this place! Outstanding food and so accommodating for people with food allergies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waitressJAKEDined on 9/29/2014the waitress that served us was outstanding and may the night be fun since it was my birthday. it was a pleasure having her waiting on us my wife and myself were celebrating my 72 birthday and the meal was excellent and I am only allowed to eat iceburg lettuce do to one of the med's I take. she brought me out a very nice salad and the food we have was also very good as was the super great strawberry shortcake was the best we ever had. we will be returning to the Seekonk Ma. believe me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bernie's bdayBernieDined on 9/28/2014Great food and service. Glad u brought the cannelloni back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Place to dine for everyone!ShirlDined on 9/28/2014Our table was ready for us when we arrived. Service was excellent, as our waitress was extremely pleasant, energetic and very accommodating. The food was great and served in a timely fashion and was delicious. Prices are extremely reasonable for good quality food. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice week night dinnerbethMDDined on 9/22/2014My husband daughter and I had an enjoyable week night dinner at Not Your Average Joe's The food was fresh and delicious. I had the Mona Lisa Salad. Very good. My husband had a chicken sandwich that he enjoyed and my daughter had the flounder which was fresh and fabulous.Special Features:
- Best DealsChuckBDined on 9/20/2014Received a coupon for a birthday entree and desert! All of the other chains just sent me a crummy free desert offer. And we do eat at NYAJs on a regular basis. I'm not that cheap............Special Features:
- Small portions BIG priceluv2eetDined on 9/20/2014Small portions BIG price. Very busy very loud. Felt rushed. Waitress was good. Food was ok nothing great and portions were small.Special Features:
- Good foodbostonstrongDined on 9/20/2014Food was good. It was quick service. The bread and dip us delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at BestmindeeDined on 9/19/2014A ho hum experience - not bad - not great - dinner for two with one glass of wine, one beer, shared app and shared dessert was almost a hundred dollars with tip - it was just so average - but a bit disappointing for the price. The lamb sliders special app - very good flavor but a bit overcooked - they were the highlight of the dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014We go to Not Your Average Joe's fairly regularly and they never disappoint. Food is delicious, dependable quality, reasonable prices, and there's usually some little "twist" that surprises us or makes the item uniquely "Joe's." For instance, at our last visit there was some kind of fall beer on the menu (maybe pumpkin shandy?) and usually most places will put a cinnamon/sugar rim on the glass. At NYAJoe's, the rim wasn't just sugar -- it was more of a "spice variety" that added a complexity to the beverage you don't normally get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kittycatbillDined on 9/13/2014I had the cannelloni and basil chicken (excellent) - however, although also excellent, my husband ordered Sirloin Tips and was presented w/Steak Frites. Don't know how she misunderstood as they sound nothing alike. When he brought it to her attention she did offer to exchange the dish and he told her he would keep the presented dish. My only comment and surprise is that she did not change the check. still charging us for the steak not the sirloin tips.Special Features:
- Great food but ...Luv2dineDined on 9/12/2014The lighting is horrible. We had a hard time reading the menu.Special Features:
- First time dinersGball8800VIPDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by a friend who loves eating here. We were not disappointed. The food and service were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerSwanseaFoodieDined on 9/10/2014We hadn't been to NYAJ for a while but since my wife received a complimentary entree and dessert for her birthday we thought we'd come back. The server was very attentive and easy to speak with. The drinks (two glasses of wine) took a while to get to our table but it wasn't a big deal. The table bread and oil/cheese dip were yummy, as usual. The appetizer was nicely presented and delicious, as well. Our entree salads were a good size and certainly suitable for dinner. The peanut butter dessert was a great finish. I would heartily recommend NYAJ in Seekonk to anyone looking for a relaxed restaurant with great food. We'll be going back soon.Special Features:
- SangriaJohnDined on 9/7/2014The fall sangria is wonderful. Go on Sunday for the Sangria special.Special Features:
- Another Great ExperiencechrisDined on 9/5/2014We go to Joe's for special occasions and this one did not dissapoint. Great food and great service. While the restaurant was full it was not overpacked so that made it better in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodAmber252Dined on 8/30/2014Overall, our group of six and a high chair had a great time. This is a hopping place on weekend nights, very busy. It was quite loud, which is the only negative. The food was fantastic. The menu had quite a few items, which were not the "norm" and were all delicious! Our group attends an event in the area yearly, so this is definitely our spot for future dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLnl1984Dined on 8/26/2014My mom and I had a great time. Our waiter, Ryan was fantastic. The food was awesome and dessert was even better. The best strawberry shortcake I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HatetocookDined on 8/22/2014Good food, excellent service. Highly recommend calling ahead or making an on line reservation.....very busy restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rating reviewdpfoodieDined on 8/22/2014I am always satisfied with the meals that I get, whether pizza or full entree. This visit l came for my birthday, and getting a free meal never hurts. Very satisfied. FSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday OutingGood2GoDined on 8/17/2014I was pleasantly surprised to receive an e-mail from the restaurant containing an offer for a free entrée and dessert for my birthday. It was great that I could choose ANYTHING on the menu. I had been to this establishment when it first opened but it now seemed more casual, which I liked. My daughter and I found the food to be very good and reasonably(average) priced. Our server was very good also. I would eat here again (although I can't afford to eat out very often!) and would recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:
- Our family favoriteseeUatjoesDined on 8/17/2014Family members have been coming to Joe's in Seekonk since it opened. The menu is varied with new dishes to try, but there are always burgers, salads and pizza for those who are not adventuresome. The waitstaff has always been excellent. My entire family looks forward to the bread and dipping oil/cheese. I also like the inclusion of in-season vegetables in many of the entrees. They add to the freshness and nutritional value of the entree. I hope Joe has a long and successful business at the Seekonk location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureHotdocDined on 8/16/2014We always enjoy a meal at NYAJ. The quality and service are always predictably good. We enjoyed the key lime pie after dinner, with a tart raspberry sauce. Our "not hungry any more" group of four devoured it quickly!Special Features:
- ChrisChristineDined on 8/9/2014I am a huge Joe's fan, but I was extremely disappointed this time around. We waited a very long time for our food and when we finally got the food it was barely luke warm. I orderd sweet potatoe fries and not only were they cold, they looked like they were from the bottom of the barrel or even perhaps for the day before. Both my son and husband had French fries and they too were cold. Our waiter was apparently tied up doing something else, so someone else delivered the food for us. I would have told someone about the temperature of the food, but by the time anyone checked on us we had eaten the main portion of our meal. We even had to ask the manager on duty for refills on our drinks as well. Bottom line, we were very disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014excellent service, very efficient and knowledge of the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodJoanDined on 8/4/2014Just another good meal at this restaurant -- mango salsa was so good -- never disappointed in the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timehappyDined on 8/2/2014Went with friends and had a great dinner great service and a very good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed lunchmagpieDined on 8/2/2014everyone in our group of 6 enjoyed their lunch at Average Joe's. We were seated promptly and our waiter was excellent. The food met all our expectations. Good sandwiches and fries. Would definitely visit again if we were in the area.Special Features: