Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk
1125 Fall River Avenue
Seekonk, MA 02771Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nyajoes.com/
- Phone: (508) 343-5637
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
At Not Your Average Joe's, we build like we cook: creatively, from scratch, with guests in mind. One look at the renderings of our new Seekonk restaurant, and you'll see what we mean.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk - Best Restaurants in Seekonk ›
Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (87)fit for foodies (81)great for lunch (69)special occasion (57)neighborhood gem (56)kid-friendly (52)vibrant bar scene (35)hot spot (20)great for outdoor dining (19)notable wine list (14)romantic (12)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)Show More
- Outstanding as alwaysJohnVIPDined on 7/6/2014Dinner was once again really great. The service outstanding and the staff was very friendly.Special Features:
- NYAJsandraDined on 7/5/2014We had great service and very delicious food. All 6 of us were very pleased.Special Features:
- Remains a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2014We brought two friends with us that had not eaten here yet, they were quickly charmed by the place and will be regulars just like us. Having a reservation is a real plus, this place is not a secret, you will wait awhile, a very long time without one.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014I have been to the Seekonk location in the past 2 years apx 30 times and each and every time it was worth the trip. This last time was not the best and I feel it was the eve of the 4th and there were more than the normal amount of guest.Special Features:
- Another great mealajmspencerDined on 7/3/2014We made a last minute decision to go to NYAJs in Seekonk on July 3rd, before heading to the Bristol fireworks. I was able to make 7:15pm reservation and it was definitely busy upon our arrival...we had to wait 5-10 minutes to be seated, but we expected that due to the holiday. While the arrival of our food was a bit slower than a typical night out at NYAJs (again, not surprising due to the holiday), everything was delicious as usual :) When our entrees arrived, we ordered dessert to go (2 Peanut Butter Things) and asked our waitress for the check so we would be ready to go when we were done eating. She was very helpful with this and we made it to the fireworks and enjoyed our desserts there...YUM!!Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014The bread,dip and salads are the best! It's always my go to spot so consistant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really helpful, and delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014I really appreciated the waitress' ability to address my food restrictions so seamlessly! I am new to a dr. ordered gluten free diet, and was concerned that it was going to be a hassle to eat out, but it wasn't at all! Always great service here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceMomandPopDined on 6/27/2014Our visit was in celebration of my birthday. We were told by friends to register online and I'd be sent an email and coupon for free dinner and dessert. After giving the waitress my email coupon, we half expected to be given a 'limited' menu or buy one, get on for equal or lesser value, but that's not the case. We also though our waitress might be less attentive to us. Quite the contrary, she was very friendly, attentive and made sure our visit was fun and complete and we were offered the full menu. It was a wonderful evening, the food was awesome and can't wait to go back! Thank you.Special Features:
- great food...philip51991Dined on 6/26/2014Terrible service. Waitress hardly came to our table we saw her eating in the kitchen and we couldn't get her attention. Very rude :/ not the first time we've had this experience. But the food was great, loved the java pork tenderloin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!OldtimerDined on 6/26/2014This visit was one of many and as usual, the service was warm and friendly, the food was excellent. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant chain. I have dined at several other sites with similar experiences.Special Features:
- KapaVIPDined on 6/26/2014So thankful for gluten-free bread and a gluten-free menu.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerDinoccasionDined on 6/25/2014Used my birthday coupon for free dinner and entrée. Great deal, love it! Food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always superiorMomoftwoDined on 6/22/2014Food is always better than average if not excellent. The cocktails are very good and the non-alcoholic drinks are superior to the soft drink option. I don't particularly like being seated in the bar area although it isn't bad, I just prefer being seated in the restaurant area especially when I am with my children although they don't care either way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was surprisedMumpsmamaDined on 6/21/2014We really enjoyed our meal! The salmon was delicious. I was pleasantly surprised, since I don't usually enjoy chain-restaurant food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!iknowfoodDined on 6/21/2014Everything about this place is outstanding! Food is great, service was wonderful, loved being able to make my reservations on line. Best of all, the have a gluten-free menu!Special Features:
- gooodlovemeatloafDined on 6/20/2014go to not your average joe's about once a month for lunch or dinner. Great for after show dinning. Like being able to make reservations on line. Friendly people. I signed up to the Open Table for the points, however I did not get the points for this reservation dinner. Can you check into it for me.Special Features:
- Great Food - Great ServiceAwesomeDined on 6/19/2014Food was fantastic.....Margarita (Passion Fruit) was to DIE for !! Our server Julianna was awesome!!!!!Special Features:
- breadlover1Dined on 6/15/2014Great place to eat and always good. Very relaxed place-you are never rushed. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Always gooderper31Dined on 6/15/2014Lacking in outside ambience, on street side, traffic and car show sounds. Next time I'd request facing the side street. Joes is a household dining gem for my family. Always satisfied with food and bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Had a great meal on Sunday, one thing that was not good was that the front door of the restaurant needed to be fixed as it was slamming each time someone entered the reception area other than that everything went fine and it was a special gift to also receive the $15.00 gift card for going there on Father's Day. We will be going again shortly .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Go Wrong Herepleasant4diningDined on 6/15/2014The menu includes so many things that no one would be disappointed. The favorite for all of us is the wonderful bread and the dipping oil with grated cheese. The service is always pleasant and cheerful. The prices in today's market are pretty reasonable. There's a great selection of beers. It is a place where you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- birthdaygirlDined on 6/13/2014great food and great service, just a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/12/2014Loved our server- she and her sister, the hostess, were so attentive and professional!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014French fries were warm, not hot and tasted like cardboard. Ordered a burger with onions did not get any. Restaurant was noisy, but it usually is. We go there for the gluten free menu. Service was good. Will go back, would have second thoughts on ordering the pre-cooked fries.
- Yin and Yang of Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/10/2014Entertained clients for lunch and found the food to be delicious. Detracting from the great food was that our server was not having the best day. The restaurant was not at all near capacity yet she was scarce and found little to smile about. The food most definitely beckons a return contrary to the unfriendly, inattentive service.Special Features:
- Group of 6ajmspencerDined on 6/7/2014NYAJs Seekonk is always one of our go-to spots when we go out with a large group of people as their menu offers a variety of options for special dietary requirements. As always the food was delicious. 2 people in our group did not receive their chowders and this was very quickly addressed by the server who brought our food, two managers, and another waitress. They went above and beyond to assure that the 6 of us had everything we needed. The chowders were taken off the bill and the manager offered free dessert. We declined because we were all stuffed and already had plans for to go for ice cream. He returned with a $10 gift card for each couple. This was not necessary, but was definitely appreciated. We highly recommend NYAJs in Seekonk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kayakingDined on 6/7/2014Went with a group of 5 - everything was just perfectSpecial Features:
- ConsistantTerrappynDined on 5/31/2014This is my 5th, I think, time at the Seekonk location and they are consistently fabulous! Our waitress was incredible. She was funny, helpful and she had a great personality! I had two friends with me to celebrate my birthday and my graduation who are new to the whole NYAJs experience and they seemed quite impressed with not only the atomsphere but the food! I think you've two new friends last Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehBethGDined on 5/30/2014Used to be pretty good for a chain restaurant, but now the quality has really fallen off. We've been twice in the past 2 months, and I'm afraid to say that we won't come back. The appetizer i had (potstickers) were drowning in the dipping sauce, and the one my husband had (Thai rolls) fell apart and had a strange flavor. His linguine with clams was pretty horrible: the noodles were more like udon, not linguine. Swimming in some sort of thin broth, there were four clams and bacon, for some reason. Just yuck all around.Special Features:
- Really good foodVeevesDined on 5/23/2014This was my first experience at Not Your Average Joe`s. The food was really good and cooked perfectly. The service was great. Both me and my guest had large portions of meat/fish. The only down side was the the portion of vegetable sides. They were very small as if they were there for decoration only.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceMss7Dined on 5/21/2014Fun atmosphere. Varied menu. I had a Mexican dish that was great. A friend had steak tips, another a salad. All very tastey. Waitress's was attentive. Nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsAvielDined on 5/16/2014I have made reservations each time I visited, and each time I have had to wait at least 15 minutes to be seated. They should reevaluate their plan for seating/reservations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times nearbygirlslunchgabfestDined on 5/16/2014enjoyed a delicious apple martini, appetizer and long lunch with a snowbird friend. People watching business, families, friends all enjoying themselves in nice surroundings. This was my first visit but will recommend to family and friends and will go back with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experienceAly1204Dined on 5/14/2014Food was horrible and waitress didn't care. I won't be going back anytime soon.
- Good Local RestaurantMaureenVIPDined on 5/12/2014The food is consistently good and menu is creative.Special Features:
- Great once you find your favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014It took me a while to find what I really liked on their menu. But now that I have, this is one of my favorite local restaurants. I appreciate their relatively large draft list including some local brews. Their pizza is totally solid and I highly recommend the buffalo chicken pizza.Special Features:
- Excellent food and staff!JoeinRIDined on 5/11/2014We made a reservation through Open Table, arrived on time and our booth was waiting. We ordered food and salads. The salads were slow in arriving. We had finished about half our salad and our entrees were delivered. We asked the wait staff to keep the entrees warm. My wife asked our waitress to mention this problem to the manager. Norman, the manager, came to our table and listened to our complaint. He was empathetic and good-natured; he thanked us for helping him improve his operation and even credited our bill for the cost of one of our two entrees! The food was excellent and we appreciated the intelligent customer oriented attitude this restaurant lives by! We will be visiting this restaurant many times in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Mother's DaybebacksoonDined on 5/10/2014Great enjoyable dinner for our family. We have been to this location a number of times and have had great experiences every time.Special Features:
- close by but nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014This location is minutes from my house. There is nothing special about it, however it is always consistent w/ both food and service. You can get in and out quickly or hang out for a while. Can be very busy, better to use open table!Special Features:
- We're backFredVIPDined on 5/4/2014After a bad experience here two years ago, we tried it again and fared much better. Service was very good and the food was fine. Faith restored and a family-option is again added to our dining out queue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.