Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk
1125 Fall River Avenue
Seekonk, MA 02771Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nyajoes.com/
- Phone: 5083435637
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
At Not Your Average Joe's, we build like we cook: creatively, from scratch, with guests in mind. One look at the renderings of our new Seekonk restaurant, and you'll see what we mean.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk - Best Restaurants in Seekonk ›
Not Your Average Joe's Seekonk reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (100)fit for foodies (92)good for groups (89)special occasion (86)kid-friendly (68)neighborhood gem (65)vibrant bar scene (33)great for outdoor dining (32)hot spot (25)notable wine list (24)late-night find (17)great for brunch (17)romantic (17)scenic view (2)Show More
- Birthday OutingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I was pleasantly surprised to receive an e-mail from the restaurant containing an offer for a free entrée and dessert for my birthday. It was great that I could choose ANYTHING on the menu. I had been to this establishment when it first opened but it now seemed more casual, which I liked. My daughter and I found the food to be very good and reasonably(average) priced. Our server was very good also. I would eat here again (although I can't afford to eat out very often!) and would recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:
- Our family favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Family members have been coming to Joe's in Seekonk since it opened. The menu is varied with new dishes to try, but there are always burgers, salads and pizza for those who are not adventuresome. The waitstaff has always been excellent. My entire family looks forward to the bread and dipping oil/cheese. I also like the inclusion of in-season vegetables in many of the entrees. They add to the freshness and nutritional value of the entree. I hope Joe has a long and successful business at the Seekonk location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureHotdocDined on 8/16/2014We always enjoy a meal at NYAJ. The quality and service are always predictably good. We enjoyed the key lime pie after dinner, with a tart raspberry sauce. Our "not hungry any more" group of four devoured it quickly!Special Features:
- ChrisChristineDined on 8/9/2014I am a huge Joe's fan, but I was extremely disappointed this time around. We waited a very long time for our food and when we finally got the food it was barely luke warm. I orderd sweet potatoe fries and not only were they cold, they looked like they were from the bottom of the barrel or even perhaps for the day before. Both my son and husband had French fries and they too were cold. Our waiter was apparently tied up doing something else, so someone else delivered the food for us. I would have told someone about the temperature of the food, but by the time anyone checked on us we had eaten the main portion of our meal. We even had to ask the manager on duty for refills on our drinks as well. Bottom line, we were very disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014excellent service, very efficient and knowledge of the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodJoanDined on 8/4/2014Just another good meal at this restaurant -- mango salsa was so good -- never disappointed in the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timehappyDined on 8/2/2014Went with friends and had a great dinner great service and a very good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed lunchmagpieDined on 8/2/2014everyone in our group of 6 enjoyed their lunch at Average Joe's. We were seated promptly and our waiter was excellent. The food met all our expectations. Good sandwiches and fries. Would definitely visit again if we were in the area.Special Features:
- My dinner at Not Your Average JoesTheatrekween1Dined on 7/27/2014I made my reservation for three for my daughter's birthday dinner. As it turned out there was only two of us. I called to let the restaurant know the change in the amount of diners. We got there and did not have to wait more than ten minutes. Everyone was very friendly and told us there name. We had coconut shrimp for appetizer but when my dinner came it was cold. I made my waitress, Kristin, aware of this and she took the dinner back and she also took it off my bill. How nice was that? They also gave us five dollar off coupon for when we return again. We definitely will return to eat dinner again. This was my first time there and I would like to come back for my birthday dinner. My birthday is November and we will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. But overpricedSandyDined on 7/26/2014Good fresh food with variety. However the service is a little sloppy...waiter spilled some soup and a drink on the table. Drinks are way overpriced. We were charged $8 for the smallest margaritas we have ever seen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentHungryStudentDined on 7/26/2014Simple, yet excellent, food - we never leave dissatisfied. If the restaurant is busy and a bit noisy, it's because the locals all love to come here. Our favorites are the Santa Fe chicken pizza and the almond-crusted goat cheese salad, though it's hard to go wrong with the NYA Joe's menu. The desserts (especially the "peanut butter thing" or strawberry shortcake) are the best in Seekonk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mlsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Love the bread and dipping oil. Food and atmosphere is great too! Very friendly wait staff.Special Features:
- DisappointedJayGDined on 7/25/2014We usually love going to NYAJs, but this visit wasn't that great. Service was good, drinks (pitcher of watermelon sangria) and bread started out right. Meals were just alright. I had the goat cheese salad which was good (overdressed though), but the lettuce wraps were disappointing, something was just off about them. The kids pizza was ok except the bacon kept falling off. I think they forgot it and added it after it cooked. Overall, food was ok.
- Long Wait!longwaitDined on 7/22/2014We waited almost an hour, even though we had a reservation. Once seated, the manager was apologetic, the waitress was fantastic and the food was very good. This was our first less than very good experience at NYAJ, so it won't deter us from returning, but they shouldn't have been accepting OpenTable reservations for the timeframe they had a private function going on and/or they should have had the hostess letting people know the outside dining was closed and offer to seat us elsewhere, rather than having us wait.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Our server was fantastic. Service and food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSueAVIPDined on 7/22/2014I had soup and salad which was fine, but my husband had the veggie burger which should be called the rice burger. It was tasteless and dry. The fries were wilted and soggy. The plate had apparently been sitting under the heat lamp for awhile as the plate was super hot. He didn't bring it to the attention of our waiter as we were with a friend (who was paying), so we just took most of it in a to go container. This is not the first mediocre meal we have had at NYAJ's. We were very disappointed and hope this is not becoming a trend.Special Features:
- Food is goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014I always enjoy the food at Joe's, although my food was tepid at best this visit. The quality and taste is always good though. Service was very slow, it was not too busy while I was there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AvielDined on 7/19/2014It took longer that expected to get the entrees. Steak not cooked as desired. Did not have time to send the steak back even though I planned approx. 1 1/2 hours for meal, needed to leave in order to make another appointment.Special Features:
- Great servicetuckerDined on 7/19/2014I went for my birthday, using the e-mail that was sent for a free entrée. It was great and the service was great. There were no restrictions when using the birthday meal. Super deal!!Special Features:
- Great local restaurantLocaldiner2Dined on 7/16/2014We love the fact that there are always a list of seasonal specials. The regular menu has so many great entrees to begin with. Love the bread and seasoned oil!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meme01Dined on 7/15/2014Had an awesome dinner and service was outstanding. Jarrod was knowledgeable with menu and telling us what were his favorites. We would return.Special Features:
- Great food, drinks, atmosphere!ThomJoshDined on 7/14/2014The food is always great at NYAJ in Seekonk. Our server, Jared, was awesome. He helped us with food choices as well as dessert choices. He also went out of his way to get us some raffle entries to a drawing they were having. I have eaten at this NYAJ several times and have never had a bad meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but pricey food was okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Really enjoyed the gluten free bread. Thank you it was a treatI would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy birthdayJandLFishDined on 7/7/2014The free birthday entrée & dessert drew us in. Everything was fine, except when sitting outside it seemed that service takes a nosedive. While the server was friendly and helpful, 2nd drinks came after we were done eating, salad dressing never came, dessert took about 10 min after ordered. It was little things combined that took the really excellent to okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysJohnDined on 7/6/2014Dinner was once again really great. The service outstanding and the staff was very friendly.Special Features:
- NYAJsandraDined on 7/5/2014We had great service and very delicious food. All 6 of us were very pleased.Special Features:
- Remains a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2014We brought two friends with us that had not eaten here yet, they were quickly charmed by the place and will be regulars just like us. Having a reservation is a real plus, this place is not a secret, you will wait awhile, a very long time without one.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014I have been to the Seekonk location in the past 2 years apx 30 times and each and every time it was worth the trip. This last time was not the best and I feel it was the eve of the 4th and there were more than the normal amount of guest.Special Features:
- Another great mealajmspencerDined on 7/3/2014We made a last minute decision to go to NYAJs in Seekonk on July 3rd, before heading to the Bristol fireworks. I was able to make 7:15pm reservation and it was definitely busy upon our arrival...we had to wait 5-10 minutes to be seated, but we expected that due to the holiday. While the arrival of our food was a bit slower than a typical night out at NYAJs (again, not surprising due to the holiday), everything was delicious as usual :) When our entrees arrived, we ordered dessert to go (2 Peanut Butter Things) and asked our waitress for the check so we would be ready to go when we were done eating. She was very helpful with this and we made it to the fireworks and enjoyed our desserts there...YUM!!Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014The bread,dip and salads are the best! It's always my go to spot so consistant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really helpful, and delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014I really appreciated the waitress' ability to address my food restrictions so seamlessly! I am new to a dr. ordered gluten free diet, and was concerned that it was going to be a hassle to eat out, but it wasn't at all! Always great service here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceMomandPopDined on 6/27/2014Our visit was in celebration of my birthday. We were told by friends to register online and I'd be sent an email and coupon for free dinner and dessert. After giving the waitress my email coupon, we half expected to be given a 'limited' menu or buy one, get on for equal or lesser value, but that's not the case. We also though our waitress might be less attentive to us. Quite the contrary, she was very friendly, attentive and made sure our visit was fun and complete and we were offered the full menu. It was a wonderful evening, the food was awesome and can't wait to go back! Thank you.Special Features:
- great food...philip51991Dined on 6/26/2014Terrible service. Waitress hardly came to our table we saw her eating in the kitchen and we couldn't get her attention. Very rude :/ not the first time we've had this experience. But the food was great, loved the java pork tenderloin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!OldtimerDined on 6/26/2014This visit was one of many and as usual, the service was warm and friendly, the food was excellent. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant chain. I have dined at several other sites with similar experiences.Special Features:
- KapaDined on 6/26/2014So thankful for gluten-free bread and a gluten-free menu.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerDinoccasionDined on 6/25/2014Used my birthday coupon for free dinner and entrée. Great deal, love it! Food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always superiorMomoftwoDined on 6/22/2014Food is always better than average if not excellent. The cocktails are very good and the non-alcoholic drinks are superior to the soft drink option. I don't particularly like being seated in the bar area although it isn't bad, I just prefer being seated in the restaurant area especially when I am with my children although they don't care either way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was surprisedMumpsmamaDined on 6/21/2014We really enjoyed our meal! The salmon was delicious. I was pleasantly surprised, since I don't usually enjoy chain-restaurant food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!iknowfoodDined on 6/21/2014Everything about this place is outstanding! Food is great, service was wonderful, loved being able to make my reservations on line. Best of all, the have a gluten-free menu!Special Features:
- gooodlovemeatloafDined on 6/20/2014go to not your average joe's about once a month for lunch or dinner. Great for after show dinning. Like being able to make reservations on line. Friendly people. I signed up to the Open Table for the points, however I did not get the points for this reservation dinner. Can you check into it for me.Special Features: