Not Your Average Joe's Randolph
16 Mazzeo Drive
Randolph, MA 02368Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Randolph
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: (781) 961-7200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ed Biliki
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Randolph
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Not Your Average Joe's Randolph reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (69)fit for foodies (53)good for groups (48)great for lunch (40)kid-friendly (30)special occasion (28)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (9)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Not your average chainMayrVIPDined on 11/14/2014Really solid food and service. Creative options beyond usual burgers and salads. Very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2014Getting kitchen redone so eating out too much....NYAJ the other night. Were taking the kids out to see a movie at the last minute. Staff was very quick, friendly and responsive. The enchiladas I got were better than I remember them. All told, a lot of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2014I was reading local restaurant reviews on Yelp (all of which I had been to before) and was really impressed with the positive reviews for this restaurant. And, I was even more impressed with the fact that less-than-stellar reviews were responded to by a manager wanting to make things right. No other restaurant I researched had done that! My husband and I were greeted promptly as we walked in, had a tasty meal served by a polite waitress and the price was right, too! Also, I enjoy patronizing this restaurant because I have always been given a gift certificate donation when asking on behalf of charitable events that I support. Thank you, NJYAJ! Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AeccDined on 11/12/2014Food was good,. There were 6 people in the party, everyone ordered something different and all were pleased with what they had order. Our server James was excellent. Noise level was to loud. I have been in other Not your Average Joe's and the noise level wasn't an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oddly placedAliceM13Dined on 11/12/2014This was a half way meeting place for lunch for my son and I. Easy to get to off of 24 but caught me off guard to find it in the middle of a strip mall. Good service and food.Special Features:
- DisappointedBrownEyedGirlVIPDined on 11/9/2014Hubby and I were looking forward to trying the lamb kabobs. The lamb itself was delicious but the portion was small. The apple/ celery root purée was sour tasting and the couscous with spinach sat atop the mash. It should have been separate and there was one spinach leaf! Rarely disappointed with Joes but it was a miss this time.
- Very memorable foodgenealogyangelDined on 11/9/2014Although we live out-of-state we have been to this restaurant four or five times and it never fails to please. It is our restaurant of choice when we are in the area. The food is always superb and the choices varied so everyone is able to order favorite items. I particularly like the seafood and vegetable choices. Sometimes it's difficult to choose so we order several entrees and share around the table. This last time one person in our party found that her burger was not cooked as ordered, so the waitress re-submitted the order, it was done correctly, and the price taken off the bill. The manger stopped by our table a few times to be sure everything was okay. All in all it was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- great serviceFamilyOfFiveDined on 11/4/2014Our waitperson anticipated our needs and exceeded our expectations. She asked if we wanted lemon in our waters before we requested it. She noticed our kids had eaten all the bread and brought more. She was patient with the toddler ordering his food. The manager checked in and was gracious. My husband and I enjoyed the steak frites and pecan chicken while the three kids loved the chicken fingers and burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencydecoDined on 10/31/2014We have been going to Not Your Average Joe's for years. The food is consistently good, the service is excellent. Everything from Pizza to fine dining choicesSpecial Features:
- Excellent service from our waiterJoesbreadDined on 10/29/2014The food and beverages were excellent, as always but what was really worthy of honorable mention was our waiter, Mckhalm. (Hope I spelled his name correctly). He was fast, polite and great to our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodShellyVIPDined on 10/25/2014I eat here often, as it is a good place to meet up with friends. The food was good and the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uniquefoodieDined on 10/24/2014the food is always very good here, top ingredients and good chefs. the menu is not average by any means and is very unique and different then most places. the bread and oil dip is outstanding also. if you want something different this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Just greatoutforfunDined on 10/23/2014From the moment we walked in, (40 minutes before our reservation) we were made to feel welcomed. Fast moving lunch staff and host/hostess team seated us immediately. We were served fresh hot food quickly and checked on often. This was a great experience and I would do it again in a minute!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My absolute favorite restaurant!MosWomanDined on 10/21/2014Not Your Average Joe's is one of the most unique restaurants around - hard to believe it is a chain! Great menu which changes every season. Always something new to try. But, they keep their favorites around so you always have something to fall back on! Any meal can be tailored for special diets. The most daring to the most finicky can equally enjoy dinner together. Always fun events and reasons to celebrate from their Not Your Average Cause to beer and wine tastings. Check your email for the latest fun event. And if you're not an email member you are missing out on a delicious complementary birthday dinner complete with dessert! Nothing is more impressive than the managers stopping by to check on your evening. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than beforeCHRISDined on 10/20/2014I go to Joe's about once a month to meet friends in Randolph. There is a new manager named Arthur who is excellent.. He had things under control! The food was better too. I really have no complaints except for the noisy kid in the booth behind us or the parents who allowed their two boys to run back and forth to the rest room!Special Features:
- Excellent food, serviceEyes24VIPDined on 10/19/2014Everything was great. Was there for late lunch on a Sunday. Kitchen was backed up due to large parties but didn't have to wait unreasonably long for food. Seated right away with OT reservation. Food was excellent, service was superb. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as usualeyesofbuddhaDined on 10/18/2014We always love coming to "Joe's", but we're used to the old regular menu from the past. I'm not impressed with their current menu changes, nor was I the last time I went there, a few months ago. I guess I'm stuck in a routine.Special Features:
- Delicious as always!EnjoyableDined on 10/17/2014We usually go to NYAJ's in Dartmouth, but we were meeting another couple halfway from Boston to Southeastern. MA so we made reservations at the Randolph location. We had a great meal, but what made it even more fun was the restaurant's manager. We had a slight problem with the table's location and asked if we could be moved to a booth. He was more than amenable to our request, making sure we were well taken care of throughout our meal.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatAlanDined on 10/17/2014Good food, good service, large booths for good sized groups. Can't go wrong at Joe's. It's always a good meal.Special Features:
- Great restaurantAnonymousVIPDined on 10/17/2014We have been going here for years and we love it! Recently I was diagnosed with multiple food sensitivities and they accomodate me beautifully. They know they can serve me tasty food as opposed to the steamed options I get from many other places. They gave become my "go-to" restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice casual meal.....LindaMcDined on 10/15/2014We eat here semi-frequently and find it a nice, easy weeknight dinner out spot. The bread and dipping oil are really tasty and the entree selection is pretty varied. There's an emphasis on alcohol which doesn't resonate with us as non-drinkers, but once we get past the beer specials, the sangria of the day and the wine-pairing recommendations, it gets better. As for the seasonal dessert, we found the pumpkin cheesecake surprisingly bland.....go for the key lime pie instead!
- Always GoodgmanDined on 10/12/2014No surprises. Consistently good, and the bread is the best anywhere.Special Features:
- waitress not real attentiveMarcia24VIPDined on 10/11/2014usually have great service but this particular waitress was not really attentive nor friendly: not your usual waitstaff for NYAJ.Special Features:
- Always goodShellyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Good place to meet friends. Good location, good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/9/2014Tasty food, attentive service, reasonable prices. The bread and oil is the best!I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchretiredDined on 10/8/2014From the greeting at the front desk to our server everything was great we had 2 little ones with us and they got all the attention in the world. Our server came back several times to check on us will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't missChemistDined on 9/29/2014Never had a disappointing meal here. Tasty food and great service. Try the meatloaf!! :-) Noise level, I consider "energetic" loud. Not enough noise absorbing materials, so not a place to go for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Great small chain, so-so locationdtmurphyDined on 9/28/2014I frequent NYAJ in Norwell and always leave impressed. Whenever I find myself in Randolph, this is always the top of my list for food. It is strange, however, as the food has yet to match the high standard that Norwell had set. It's good, just not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better nowZekeDined on 9/27/2014Went to a Not your average joes a few years ago and the food was terrible, never been back until now. Much improved, if it's good the next few times, I'll start to recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- different, but great menuSarahPDined on 9/26/2014I always have a great meal at Not Your Average Joe's. Great drink options as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerdwn713Dined on 9/26/2014We were a party of five. Some of us really enjoyed our food while I didn't care for my chicken piccatta. The chicken was tough. However, the staff was good about bringing the birthday girl a piece of cake. The bread was great and the appetizer was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was mediocre at bestRemy97Dined on 9/26/2014They had run out if the side dish and burned my chickenI would recommend this to a friend.
- Usualy great - this time no so muchDaveDined on 9/26/2014We've been to Joe's often and have always loved it - BUT this time it was clear that the entire place was having issues. Our server returned to our table three times just to clarify our drink order. We waited 20 minutes for the drinks to arrive. Our entrees came out before we had been served our salads and before we got the waters that we had also requested. When the bill came, it was wrong - we were charged for things we had not ordered. It took two additional tries before we got the correct bill. A VERY UNUSUAL experience at this restaurant, which is usually great. We won't hold it against them - we will go back (because even with these glitches, the food was as good as ever.) Hopefully they will have resolved these problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmDined on 9/22/2014We have been there twice and both times it was great. My only gripe,,,,,,we were at a booth on the back wall 2nd from kitchen. the artwork at our table was dirty. There is a metal rod that had trapped dirt and food particles in it. Gross..... but the food was great and waitress was friendly and good.Special Features:
- SpiritoVIPDined on 9/20/2014As always, food and service was excellent everyone in the party enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwsomecharliesteinDined on 9/19/2014I am a regular at this spot. Ii always amazes me as to the quality and diversity of the menu.Special Features:
- Love NYAJJenRDined on 9/14/2014As usual, the food was awesome. They even managed to make the "healthier" item we chose (Thai lettuce wraps), delicious. The kicker, though, was that there was a problem with the credit for our OpenTable reservation and the manager, Allen, totally went above and beyond to resolve it. Great food and great service; that's a winning combo!Special Features:
- Don't miss itSpiritoVIPDined on 9/13/2014As always Not Your Average Joes does not disappoint It is definitely above averageSpecial Features:
- Always consistent!dinnerpartnerDined on 9/6/2014This was my first visit to Not Your Average Joe's Randolph (I have been to other locations in the past). The food and service are consistently very good. The prices are right too! I would definitely look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative entreesMaureenVIPDined on 9/5/2014We had the flounder special with spinach and Gouda polenta. It was delicious! A pitcher of sangria complemented our lunch perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.