Not Your Average Joe's Randolph
16 Mazzeo Drive
Randolph, MA 02368Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Randolph
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: 7819617200x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ed Biliki
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Randolph
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Not Your Average Joe's Randolph reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (42)great for lunch (38)kid-friendly (27)special occasion (23)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (7)romantic (2)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent food, serviceEyes24VIPDined on 10/19/2014Everything was great. Was there for late lunch on a Sunday. Kitchen was backed up due to large parties but didn't have to wait unreasonably long for food. Seated right away with OT reservation. Food was excellent, service was superb. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as usualeyesofbuddhaDined on 10/18/2014We always love coming to "Joe's", but we're used to the old regular menu from the past. I'm not impressed with their current menu changes, nor was I the last time I went there, a few months ago. I guess I'm stuck in a routine.Special Features:
- Delicious as always!EnjoyableDined on 10/17/2014We usually go to NYAJ's in Dartmouth, but we were meeting another couple halfway from Boston to Southeastern. MA so we made reservations at the Randolph location. We had a great meal, but what made it even more fun was the restaurant's manager. We had a slight problem with the table's location and asked if we could be moved to a booth. He was more than amenable to our request, making sure we were well taken care of throughout our meal.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatAlanDined on 10/17/2014Good food, good service, large booths for good sized groups. Can't go wrong at Joe's. It's always a good meal.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We have been going here for years and we love it! Recently I was diagnosed with multiple food sensitivities and they accomodate me beautifully. They know they can serve me tasty food as opposed to the steamed options I get from many other places. They gave become my "go-to" restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice casual meal.....LindaMcDined on 10/15/2014We eat here semi-frequently and find it a nice, easy weeknight dinner out spot. The bread and dipping oil are really tasty and the entree selection is pretty varied. There's an emphasis on alcohol which doesn't resonate with us as non-drinkers, but once we get past the beer specials, the sangria of the day and the wine-pairing recommendations, it gets better. As for the seasonal dessert, we found the pumpkin cheesecake surprisingly bland.....go for the key lime pie instead!
- Always GoodgmanDined on 10/12/2014No surprises. Consistently good, and the bread is the best anywhere.Special Features:
- waitress not real attentiveMarcia24VIPDined on 10/11/2014usually have great service but this particular waitress was not really attentive nor friendly: not your usual waitstaff for NYAJ.Special Features:
- Always goodShellyDined on 10/11/2014Good place to meet friends. Good location, good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/9/2014Tasty food, attentive service, reasonable prices. The bread and oil is the best!I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchretiredDined on 10/8/2014From the greeting at the front desk to our server everything was great we had 2 little ones with us and they got all the attention in the world. Our server came back several times to check on us will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't missChemistDined on 9/29/2014Never had a disappointing meal here. Tasty food and great service. Try the meatloaf!! :-) Noise level, I consider "energetic" loud. Not enough noise absorbing materials, so not a place to go for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Great small chain, so-so locationdtmurphyDined on 9/28/2014I frequent NYAJ in Norwell and always leave impressed. Whenever I find myself in Randolph, this is always the top of my list for food. It is strange, however, as the food has yet to match the high standard that Norwell had set. It's good, just not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better nowZekeDined on 9/27/2014Went to a Not your average joes a few years ago and the food was terrible, never been back until now. Much improved, if it's good the next few times, I'll start to recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- different, but great menuSarahPDined on 9/26/2014I always have a great meal at Not Your Average Joe's. Great drink options as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We were a party of five. Some of us really enjoyed our food while I didn't care for my chicken piccatta. The chicken was tough. However, the staff was good about bringing the birthday girl a piece of cake. The bread was great and the appetizer was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was mediocre at bestRemy97Dined on 9/26/2014They had run out if the side dish and burned my chickenI would recommend this to a friend.
- Usualy great - this time no so muchDaveDined on 9/26/2014We've been to Joe's often and have always loved it - BUT this time it was clear that the entire place was having issues. Our server returned to our table three times just to clarify our drink order. We waited 20 minutes for the drinks to arrive. Our entrees came out before we had been served our salads and before we got the waters that we had also requested. When the bill came, it was wrong - we were charged for things we had not ordered. It took two additional tries before we got the correct bill. A VERY UNUSUAL experience at this restaurant, which is usually great. We won't hold it against them - we will go back (because even with these glitches, the food was as good as ever.) Hopefully they will have resolved these problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmDined on 9/22/2014We have been there twice and both times it was great. My only gripe,,,,,,we were at a booth on the back wall 2nd from kitchen. the artwork at our table was dirty. There is a metal rod that had trapped dirt and food particles in it. Gross..... but the food was great and waitress was friendly and good.Special Features:
- SpiritoVIPDined on 9/20/2014As always, food and service was excellent everyone in the party enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwsomecharliesteinDined on 9/19/2014I am a regular at this spot. Ii always amazes me as to the quality and diversity of the menu.Special Features:
- Love NYAJJenRDined on 9/14/2014As usual, the food was awesome. They even managed to make the "healthier" item we chose (Thai lettuce wraps), delicious. The kicker, though, was that there was a problem with the credit for our OpenTable reservation and the manager, Allen, totally went above and beyond to resolve it. Great food and great service; that's a winning combo!Special Features:
- Don't miss itSpiritoVIPDined on 9/13/2014As always Not Your Average Joes does not disappoint It is definitely above averageSpecial Features:
- Always consistent!dinnerpartnerDined on 9/6/2014This was my first visit to Not Your Average Joe's Randolph (I have been to other locations in the past). The food and service are consistently very good. The prices are right too! I would definitely look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative entreesMaureenVIPDined on 9/5/2014We had the flounder special with spinach and Gouda polenta. It was delicious! A pitcher of sangria complemented our lunch perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpiritoVIPDined on 8/31/2014As always, great food and service. Will definitely go there againSpecial Features:
- SHLADined on 8/28/2014Always great food and service. Great waitstaff and birthday deal can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food delicious as alwaysdianeVIPDined on 8/27/2014NYAJ's is always a great family experience for us. Everything is always delicious. Sometimes, I feel the food/service could be a bit faster. We always go late afternoon 3:45, when the kiddies get out of school and it still takes us over an hour to an hour and a half from start to finish. At this time of the day, I expect food to come out quick, b/c it is slow in the dining room, however not ever the case. Our server we always request, Julie, is super sweet and she is great with the kiddies. Thanks again JOE'S we'll be back soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicioustripswithjennDined on 8/25/2014Never had a bad meal at this restaurant. I usually go with the Special of the day. My wife and I eat here at least twice a month. Great food, great service. Good Wine & Specialty beer selection. Prices very reasonable. Can't say a bad thing about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreFoodieSoElDined on 8/23/2014We were celebrating a birthday. The food and drinks were amazing and we were impressed. However, once we were ready to leave, it took way too long to get cashed out. We were left sitting there for over 30 minutes after our table had been cleared... maybe due to an insufficient number of servers. Then when we finally got our check, we noticed they forgot to deduct the birthday dessert from the bill (we had a birthday voucher). We had waited so long that we just paid it, couldn't sit there any longer. The place was packed, but they didn't seem to have enough staff to handle everything.Special Features:
- Not Your Average....ANYTHINGBeKelzVIPDined on 8/16/2014We are regular regulars, almost every Saturday night for the last year. We have never had a problem with anything that couldn't be resolved immediately, and it was. Thank you as always to the staff, from bus staff to the manager everyone jumps in and gets the job doneSpecial Features:
- food & re: cleaninessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014the food was good the atmosphere was good people were happy & there was a line waiting . However there were flies every where ! On the walls where we where sitting , when our waiter was talking too us i kept noticing the fly landing on his hair & he knew i noticed this , also on the walls (they need to be washed down & repainted ) ...also I went into the bathroom the Ladies rm .not happy ..There was t.p. in the stall all over the floors & the toilet seat was covered in water (i hope) ..I am sorry that I am sending this to you but @ the price of our dinners I feel this is what I need to do ...our waiter was excellent.... So the Management skills need to be better ..ie: cleaning & SEE TOO IT THAT IT REMAINS CLEAN ...Special Features:
- Happy BirthdayCawleyPDined on 8/14/2014Not your Average Joe's provides a generous birthday gift to people who register. There is not restriction on what you can have for dinner and they also provide any dessert. The food was delicious and the service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- real nice timeFIVESTARDined on 8/11/2014REGARDING THE WINE PAIRING DINNER, THE HOST WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL,THE CHEF WAS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND THE FOOD & WINE WERE EXCELLENT. MY WIFE AND I HAD A VERY ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE AND WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT TO OTHERS. WE LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT PAIRING DINNER.Special Features:
- kippykippyDined on 8/10/2014every time we eat at nyaj everything has been perfect. the menu is great. the service was outstanding and the waiter was knowledgeable about all the food.Special Features:
- SatisfiedDined on 8/9/2014Our server was Mario and he was excellent. He was attentive but not bothersome. Hr was there when we needed him but left us alone to enjoy our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKFood22Dined on 8/9/2014Have been to Not Your Average Joe's several times, and always hope for it to be better than it is because I like the ambiance, and it's near the theaters. The food is not bad, but a little "hit or miss", meaning I have ordered the same thing a few times and sometimes it's good, sometimes not so good. So, it doesn't seem to be that some dishes are better than others, it's that , on any given given day, the same dish might be better or worse. Probably will still go occasionally before a movie - most of the wait staff are good, and still nicer than Rick's or the way over-salted-and-tenderized steak place - Outback. That said, I will often go a little farther down the street and around the corner (on Rt. 28) for Thai at Malai - always good!
- not up to NYAJ's standardsAnnieDined on 8/8/2014I like NYAJ's menu and have eaten at 3 different NYAJ restaurants. The one in Randolph isn't as good as those in Norwell and Needham. I ordered the same thing at the Norwell and Randolph sites. The meal at Norwell was considerably better. The piccata sauce was far better and the meat was better cooked. The portion was slightly larger at Norwell as well. The service at Randolph was fine, but overall, Norwell and Needham are way better.Special Features:
- sunnylouDined on 8/8/2014When you first sit down, your waitperson immediately brings great bread and humus/olive oil dip. It is the best. I had a Cobb salad. It was delicious. The restaurant is always friendly and the food is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestauranttripswithjennDined on 8/7/2014One of our favorite restaurants.. Meals are always great. Food fresh and tasty. And to top it off, reasonable prices.