Not Your Average Joe's Randolph
16 Mazzeo Drive
Randolph, MA 02368Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Randolph
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: 7819617200x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ed Biliki
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Randolph
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Not Your Average Joe's Randolph reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)great for lunch (50)good for groups (48)fit for foodies (43)kid-friendly (38)special occasion (29)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (11)great for brunch (10)notable wine list (8)romantic (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Food was delicioustripswithjennDined on 8/25/2014Never had a bad meal at this restaurant. I usually go with the Special of the day. My wife and I eat here at least twice a month. Great food, great service. Good Wine & Specialty beer selection. Prices very reasonable. Can't say a bad thing about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreFoodieSoElDined on 8/23/2014We were celebrating a birthday. The food and drinks were amazing and we were impressed. However, once we were ready to leave, it took way too long to get cashed out. We were left sitting there for over 30 minutes after our table had been cleared... maybe due to an insufficient number of servers. Then when we finally got our check, we noticed they forgot to deduct the birthday dessert from the bill (we had a birthday voucher). We had waited so long that we just paid it, couldn't sit there any longer. The place was packed, but they didn't seem to have enough staff to handle everything.Special Features:
- Not Your Average....ANYTHINGBeKelzVIPDined on 8/16/2014We are regular regulars, almost every Saturday night for the last year. We have never had a problem with anything that couldn't be resolved immediately, and it was. Thank you as always to the staff, from bus staff to the manager everyone jumps in and gets the job doneSpecial Features:
- food & re: cleaninessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014the food was good the atmosphere was good people were happy & there was a line waiting . However there were flies every where ! On the walls where we where sitting , when our waiter was talking too us i kept noticing the fly landing on his hair & he knew i noticed this , also on the walls (they need to be washed down & repainted ) ...also I went into the bathroom the Ladies rm .not happy ..There was t.p. in the stall all over the floors & the toilet seat was covered in water (i hope) ..I am sorry that I am sending this to you but @ the price of our dinners I feel this is what I need to do ...our waiter was excellent.... So the Management skills need to be better ..ie: cleaning & SEE TOO IT THAT IT REMAINS CLEAN ...Special Features:
- Happy BirthdayCawleyPDined on 8/14/2014Not your Average Joe's provides a generous birthday gift to people who register. There is not restriction on what you can have for dinner and they also provide any dessert. The food was delicious and the service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- real nice timeFIVESTARDined on 8/11/2014REGARDING THE WINE PAIRING DINNER, THE HOST WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL,THE CHEF WAS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND THE FOOD & WINE WERE EXCELLENT. MY WIFE AND I HAD A VERY ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE AND WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT TO OTHERS. WE LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT PAIRING DINNER.Special Features:
- kippykippyDined on 8/10/2014every time we eat at nyaj everything has been perfect. the menu is great. the service was outstanding and the waiter was knowledgeable about all the food.Special Features:
- SatisfiedDined on 8/9/2014Our server was Mario and he was excellent. He was attentive but not bothersome. Hr was there when we needed him but left us alone to enjoy our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKFood22Dined on 8/9/2014Have been to Not Your Average Joe's several times, and always hope for it to be better than it is because I like the ambiance, and it's near the theaters. The food is not bad, but a little "hit or miss", meaning I have ordered the same thing a few times and sometimes it's good, sometimes not so good. So, it doesn't seem to be that some dishes are better than others, it's that , on any given given day, the same dish might be better or worse. Probably will still go occasionally before a movie - most of the wait staff are good, and still nicer than Rick's or the way over-salted-and-tenderized steak place - Outback. That said, I will often go a little farther down the street and around the corner (on Rt. 28) for Thai at Malai - always good!
- not up to NYAJ's standardsAnnieDined on 8/8/2014I like NYAJ's menu and have eaten at 3 different NYAJ restaurants. The one in Randolph isn't as good as those in Norwell and Needham. I ordered the same thing at the Norwell and Randolph sites. The meal at Norwell was considerably better. The piccata sauce was far better and the meat was better cooked. The portion was slightly larger at Norwell as well. The service at Randolph was fine, but overall, Norwell and Needham are way better.Special Features:
- sunnylouDined on 8/8/2014When you first sit down, your waitperson immediately brings great bread and humus/olive oil dip. It is the best. I had a Cobb salad. It was delicious. The restaurant is always friendly and the food is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestauranttripswithjennDined on 8/7/2014One of our favorite restaurants.. Meals are always great. Food fresh and tasty. And to top it off, reasonable prices.
- NYAJ doesn't disappointMammacassDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I frequent NYAJs about once a month (sometimes alone, and sometimes with our toddler) and are always pleased by the service and food. They're very accomodating for families, and have a good selection of food/drinks for adults so it works well. This latest time, the food was good, but not as good as normal (my husbands steak was more well than medium, my mashed potatoes had firmed up from what I'm assuming was some extra time under the heat lamp) but that truly isn't the norm when we come here.Special Features:
- Nice local dinner spot...LindaMcDined on 8/1/2014The service was pleasant and timely, the food nicely prepared and served promptly - what more do you want?Special Features:
- Great Group MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Getting a small group into a restaurant on a busy Friday night can be difficult, but being able to make a reservation at NYAJ helps solve that. We were seated right away when we arrived and took our time choosing what we wanted to eat. From specials to burgers, we tried a little bit of everything and it was all excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightTablefor2Dined on 7/25/2014The food and service was great! Out of all the restaurants in Randolph this place is definitely a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two times had disappointing foodqueenofswordsDined on 7/22/2014I just went to NYAJ's in Randolph for the second time, and was more disappointed than the first. The food sounded great on the menu, but was not so great on the plate. We ordered the "nachos" which were made up of taco shells and corn, and were nothing like the traditional nachos I had hoped for. I ordered enchiladas poblano, and the portion was certainly generous, but there was way too much cilantro to taste much else, and what I did taste was...meh. Someone else ordered Chicken piccata with fettuccine, and she told me she was unhappy because the noodles were undercooked (I tried, they were) and the chicken bland. The meatloaf, while artfully presented, gave my third companion a stomach ache. There won't be a 3rd visit to NYAJ.
- CheryllVIPDined on 7/19/2014Always a good choice...we usually stop here before or after a movie, but this week we wanted to try a few items from the new menu. Very good :)Special Features:
- Fresh foodJawoolfDined on 7/19/2014This is one of the only places I order a salad. It's always crisp and fresh, not wilty and mushy. Other food items are also good, with nice presentations, but I drive here for the salad-both side order or entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodUnsatisfiedVIPDined on 7/15/2014Good food and service! The staff is friendly and the food arrives on time. I love dining here with groups, one or two friends, or kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experienceChemistDined on 7/13/2014Never had a bad experience or poorly prepared food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food! Awesome wait staff!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014I love going to NYAJ because the food is always great and the wait staff is always courteous and friendly. I will continue to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceMarcia24VIPDined on 7/12/2014waitress excellent and food just what we ordered especially prepared with no salt nor saucesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this wasRowJonesDined on 7/6/2014This was a good place. We got there a little late, but still over an hour before closing. They ran out of all the appetizers on the $20 menu, but they let us choose apps from the regular menu. The food that we choose was delicious! They also didn't complain that we started a little past closing time. Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/5/2014Restaurant was great. Open table hooked us up as the NYAJ's in Needham has nothing until 8pm. We were coming back from the marina and needed dinner for myself and 3 kids. Worth the drive from Quincy to Randolph. Made it back to Needham by 8. Already fed and happy with the night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's probably not a good sign whenOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/4/2014... the hostess tells the seater that he can put us "anywhere, as long as it's clean." This was our first time at NYAJ and the reviews were good. I really wanted to try the "peanut butter thing" dessert, which was the best part of the meal. The restaurant was busy and were seated in a corner table which was clean, but not set (we had to ask twice for silverware). Our waitress left a bit to be desired (she answered questions but didn't offer much). My salad never came, and the waitress didn't seem surprised. My husband's steak tips were good, but I didn't care for the goat cheese cannelloni I ordered, and all the meat tasted charred. I don't think we'll be rushing out to try this chain again any time soon.
- decoDined on 7/1/2014Food is consistently good and service is always exceptionalSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014Always delicious, seasonal fare with local produce, imaginative and enjoyable menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!SirfreshVIPDined on 6/26/2014Our server Mckhelen was fun, fantantastic, and very accommodating to our requests. I'll definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- judeVIPDined on 6/25/2014my husband ordered the fruits of the sea which was a special it said it had mussels,shrimp,scallops and cod over linguini it was loaded with mussels, 2 shrimps and no scallops or cod when he asked about this the manager brought him over one scallop and one tiny piece of cod what a joke shame on them
- No surpriseBeKelzVIPDined on 6/21/2014My wife & I eat here most Saturday nights lately. My wife has a gluten free preference and a very "choosy" eater and we have no problem at all finding plenty of choices on the menu, and, they are items designed specifically for the GF menu, not regular menu items with the gluten item taken out. Bread and dipping oil is delicious, and a GF bread sent separate for wife. Food never sits under warming lights, when the table order is ready any waitstaff will grab it and deliver it fresh including the managers or hostess. Definitely our favorite place for eating out. I shouldn't tell you, but.....make reservations the morning before you want to dine...it gets busy, Danielle is awesomeSpecial Features:
- Always good, great value.PaulDined on 6/20/2014If you are interested in good food, unusual combinations as well as a good variety of well prepared regular kinds of dishes, Not Your average Joe's is a great place to go. Prices are reasonable, beverage choices are good, particularly with good microbrew options. No lite beers for me!Special Features:
- Happy b'day to Me!OutsidedbrDined on 6/18/2014I went with my sweetie, to celebrate my birthday. The haddock was fresh and delicious. My sweetie's cocktails were well made and bountiful. The strawberry shortcake was surprising, the berries were fresh and not overly sweet, the natural strawberry flavor was most welcome. The place was a little noisy, but not obnoxiously so. And the check was in line for the meal. Thumbs up!Special Features:
- Father's DayZSG67VIPDined on 6/15/2014Great meal as always! So nice that they gave all the Dads a $15 gift card just for stopping in.Special Features:
- Fire AlarmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014We usually love this restaurant, which is why my husband wanted to go there for his 1st Father's Day. We just about had time to take a few bites of our appetizer before the fire alarms went off (which prompted me to take our 4 month old baby out of the building bc it was so loud). The fire dept then arrived and made everyone evacuate the restaurant. The alarm was not the restaurant's fault, but the way they handled it was awful!! We stood outside for over a half hour before they told us they would not be able to reopen. They then came around and took our names and phone numbers bc they claimed they would be sending us two gift certificates for the trouble. We still have yet to hear from them...
- Not so greatLovegoodfoodDined on 6/15/2014Service was good, but the food was just bad. Clam chowder and the coconut shrimp were the best part of the meal entrees needed a lot more work. Husband had the haddock plate fries came out stone cold, our son had the chicken quesadillas they where so over cooked he could only get one down, and my jambalaya dish needed some flavor. We won't be going back!
- Great staff!Moose627Dined on 6/15/2014The staff at NYAJ in Randolph were phenomenal. They treat you so nice and are attentive without being overbearing. There was a problem in the kitchen with one of our pizzas so they gave us a free dessert for the slight extra wait time. The food was delicious! I would recommend this place to anyone they really know how to treat their customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great waitressMarcia24VIPDined on 6/14/2014Ashley was superb: attentive and made the dining experience notable..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatjimmypDined on 6/13/2014Not Your Average Joe's always has quality food that is interesting. It's consistently good, with the best bread and dip around. Absolutely worth checking out if you have never been there.Special Features:
- Monday NitekatmacDined on 6/2/2014The new special is great! The oysters were sweet and the berry martini was wonderful! We are never disappointed with NYAJ's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.