Not Your Average Joe's Norwell
111 Pond Street
Norwell, MA 02061Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Norwell
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: 7816166160x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
We will be closing at 4 pm Christmas Eve, closed on Christmas Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Tenner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Norwell
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Not Your Average Joe's Norwell - Best Restaurants in Norwell ›
Not Your Average Joe's Norwell reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (36)neighborhood gem (34)great for lunch (32)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (16)great for outdoor dining (15)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (7)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)scenic view (3)romantic (2)Show More
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2014Couldn't be more pleased with the service, food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Love this restaraunt, They have a fantastic Gluten free menu, the atmosphere is warm and friendly, Love the Gluten free Herb crusted Cod, the Gluten free burgers are always tasty, but the best is they actualy start you out with your own gluten free bread and dip, (something we usually have to go without at other resturants)! Love that it is close to my house too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Service by Ryan was outstanding during a difficult dining experience. Four diners waited 40 minutes before first two meals arrived. Next two meals came twenty minutes later. One salad entree was suppose to be kale based but came with lettuce instead. Two cobb salad entrees were fair at best. Far below level of dining experienced in past visits. We were told a large party for a 105 year old birthday celebration created the issues we and other diners were experiencing. Manager should be taken to task for allowing the large birthday party at peak dining time on a Saturday night. Only positive note was manager compt the food on our bill.Poor showing for NYAJ.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Excellent food and good service which make this restaurant one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerbettyVIPDined on 9/24/2014Have been to this NYAJ location many times and have never been disappointed. Was celebrating a birthday. Both my dining companion and I selected entrees from the Fall menu preview. Both dinners were deemed excellent. Generous portions at reasonable prices. Shout out to our server Lynne W who managed to provide outstanding service on a very busy night.Special Features:
- Love it.Carolinae09Dined on 9/22/2014Good paint nite whit the fam... We had a blast!! We love our chix Oscar is awesome as always. Trixie! Was really good and bubbly! Love this place.Special Features:
- no moreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/22/2014I keep trying Joe's and wanting to like it. I do not like the menu, there is never anything I really want to order. Plenty of waitstaff, but we sat for 15 min. without a server, confusion on their end. It was paint night, too noisy there.
- great as always!dianeVIPDined on 9/16/2014We snuck out for a quiet lunch while the kids were in school. The food was great as always. I had the Flank Steak, flat bread sandwich, YUMMY. We enjoyed a bottle of bubbly, great price for CA, Brut. And the Peanut butter thing for dessert was decadent. Thanks to Dianne, our Server, everything was coursed just right, and she made our luncheon, perfect with her smiling face and subtle interactions. Thanks again, NYAJ's, we'll be back:)Special Features:
- Can't seem to handle full capacityjt03southshoreDined on 9/13/2014We were met politely and given a nice table with our Open Table reservation. Our waiter was attentive and courteous the whole time. We ordered basic things: burgers, grilled cheeses, etc. After 45 minutes of waiting, we asked the waiter to check on our food. At this point, the restaurant was full. The grilled cheeses came first; they were cold. Then came the burgers. The one that was supposed to be rare was well done. The one that was supposed to be medium was also well done, but charred on the outside so much that it was inedible. It was shocking that the decision was made to go ahead and serve the burned meat; how can you mess up a burger? The manager did take the burgers off the tab. Disappointing experience.
- Local FavoriteHappyCamperDined on 9/7/2014Most creative menu in the area, and constantly new items bring us back frequently. The booths are cozy and people are far enough apart so it doesn't seem crowded, also not too noisy for conversation. The servers are courteous and attentive, and I love that little dip they make at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off Night at the grillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014We love the unique menu at Joe's and enjoyed the lettuce wraps, fajitas and egg roll appetizers. Dinners included the famous meatloaf - which could not be finished by my teenage son, the Waldorf salad and artichoke cannelloni all excellent. Where there was a fail was with the steak tips which were overcooked twice - oddly some of the smaller pieces were less cooked (still over cooked) than large pieces. We are chocking it up to an off night at the grill and will be back, especially for Sangria Night! Server was attentive and apologetic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappydinerHappydinerDined on 8/21/2014Had a delicious dinner We love the bread with cheese and oil!Special Features:
- A local favoriteMeredithDined on 8/15/2014I love NYAJ's, especially the bread with the olive oil, parmesan cheese and spice mixture. My bacon cheddar burger was delicious and my husband enjoyed his chicken kabobs. They didnt bring new plates for our appetizer but it was a busy Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great pricesBostonMCDined on 8/14/2014NYAJ, their focaccia bread and spicy cheese and olive dipping sauce is the best! But, don't fill up on it if you want to finish your meal. I had their Chicken Picatta, which is the best, the portions are quite large, enough for lunch the next day. My friend had the new delicious Steak Wedge which came with plenty of steak slices on top. Last, but not least, The Peanut Butter Thing dessert was shared and quite yummy!Special Features:
- HappydinerHappydinerDined on 8/14/2014got seated on time service was fast but not rushed and very pleasant waitressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jackVIPDined on 8/14/2014Freindly effficient service but food was lacking. Sandwiches were mostly bread and the accompanying fries were greasy and cold
- Salad and AppsLeeLeeVIPDined on 8/9/2014My family and I love this place, but we leaned long ago to skip the entrees and, instead, get a side salad each to start followed by an appetizer each. It's plenty of food and, we think, the best stuff on the menu. Last past visit, I was impressed with the jalapeno strawberry cocktail; yum!Special Features:
- Wait stafflik2dinoutDined on 8/9/2014The wait Staff was very friendly. The Waitress was helpful in making my selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not your average joe'ssjmtennisDined on 8/5/2014It was a very enjoyable dining experience. We ordered an appetizer and dinner special we hadn't had before and they were both very good.Special Features:
- Lots of Gluten-free choicesNolatxDined on 7/31/2014I liked that they really appreciate the challenges of finding good gluten-free options. The tuna I ordered could have been a better quality for rare and more flavorful though. Prices are reasonable. Would go there again.
- Always SatisfiedYumyumyumDined on 7/29/2014The staff are terrific-warm, engaging and friendly. The selections are great, if you want red meat, seafood or salads-many options. The "specials" menu changes with the season, locally caught fish in summer or comfort food in winter, and everything is very fresh. They serve a lot of local produce, wine and beer keeping many employed in the area-(great philosophy). Never had a negative experience!Special Features:
- Amazing.fooding1234Dined on 7/27/2014Everything is good, from the bread to the specials, to the tried and true menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYAJ in Randolph betterMarcia24VIPDined on 7/27/2014Food and service not as good as in Randolph. We were there because closer to Cohasset for Music Circus but normally go to Randolph.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Gluten FreeLightman9Dined on 7/25/2014I am now in my 3rd year of being wheat free and NYAJ is one of my favorite places to dine. They have consistantly and continously been improving their gluten free menu, including a gluten free roll to have while the others at the table enjoy the focaccia bread (I miss that bread) and my main coarse, a shrimp penne, you would not know it was gluten free. Hats off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above Average JoesYumyumDined on 7/25/2014Great dining experience. Our server was excellent- very friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. Menu selection was great. Food was delicious and beautifully presented. Fine dining reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunch!Lizz721Dined on 7/20/2014Thanks so much for my birthday entree and dessert. Food and service was excellent. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeanneDined on 7/12/2014It was overall a good experience. We ordered appetizers and they came the same time as the entrees. Also I ordered the warm goat cheese salad and it was really good except it was way too small. I have had it before and on don't remember it being so small (I don't have a huge appetite and it was too small for me). I can't imagine it would cost the company very much to add a little lettuce to that entree salad. I would go back again.Special Features:
- Nothing good to saynickDined on 7/3/2014Waited almost an hour just to get our apps. I don't mind waiting if the food is good, but our entrees were clearly sitting for a long time before reaching the table. My girlfriends chicken was so hard and dry that it was hard to put a fork in it. The manager was making the rounds to all the tables apologizing for the wait, but with a bill over 100 dollars it was of little consolation.
- Joe's Norwell - Please Improve!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/1/2014It pains me to write a less than stellar review for Joe's/Norwell. It's my "go to" restaurant, but the last few times have been disappointing. Recently I tried the spicy tuna sushi roll in tempura - arrived cold but don't know if that was intentional. Could have been great, but too heavy-handed with the aoli and teriyaki glaze so couldn't enjoy the sushi. Had the java pork special - pork was overcooked (asked for medium) and smothered with the coffee rub, so I really couldn't tell what kind of meat was under there. Corn cakes were greasy. I love Joe's - they have great ideas but now are overdoing it to the point where you can't enjoy the flavors because there is too much of everything going on at the same time. Please improve the editing!I would recommend this to a friend.
- emptmDined on 6/22/2014Excellent experience. Seated on time. Server friendly and efficient. Manager (Rick) stopped by to make sure all was well (very friendly). Food good and arrived in a timely manner. Overall very pleased.Special Features:
- Wonderful again!MelliniDined on 6/21/2014My wife's and my second time at the restaurant. Again, our experience was terrific. Good food, wonderful service, pleasant and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicebirthdaygirlDined on 6/15/2014I really appreciated that they have a nice kids menu and provided crayons. In addition, they had our table all set up including bread and oil before we even got there, and we were able to sit despite the fact that everyone from our party hadn't yet arrived. We have a 2 year old and so that was important to us. The staff was great and my gluten-free relatives were also very impressed with the extensive gluten-free menu (and beer!). Great job guys.Special Features:
- ConaakDined on 6/15/2014We enjoy coming on Friday nights; table in the bar is a cozy and nice catch up spot. It is actively noisy, but not too loud for our own conversation. Love to try some of the specials that arrive mid afternoon via email.......just when thoughts of dinner are coming into mind!....Inviting, and also good strategy on your part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New in TownDJS249Dined on 6/6/2014We recently moved to the area & decided to try Joe's. We love good food, good drinks, great wine & a friendly atmosphere. I've been in the business all of my life so finding a place that meets those requirements is pretty important and not always easy find. I appreciate good service, not everyplace takes pride in the little things. Thanks for being our favorite "go to" place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 416 reviews are from the Not Your Average Joe's Norwell reviews archive.
- Great service. Always.taylormcc7Dined on 6/6/2014This Not Your Average Joes is always good when it comes to service. I ordered the haddock which I have had several times before and is always so light and delicious. When the food came, I noticed right away that the piece of fish didn't look right. I took a bite and instantly knew something wasn't normal. The waitress came by and she could tell something was wrong. I told her the piece of fish was a little off and she agreed that it didn't look right. She apologized and wanted to know if I wanted another piece of fish or another dish. I ended up ordering the salmon just in case it was the whole order of haddock they received. The manager came over which is always nice. They also didn't charge me for my plate! Love this place!Special Features:
- Veggie Burger has no veggiesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2014This was my second time there and my friends love the food. I wanted to love it, but the veggie burger was actually a rice pattie. Not sure if the kitchen just screwed it up this one time or if that's the actual recipe. Also I was desperately thirsty but the waitress never came back with my water. However my friends rave about the salads. Since they have no decent vegan options (a plate of mixed greens isn't really dinner) I didn't order one, but if I go again I will ask to create a custom vegan salad.Special Features:
- Loved my waitressFoodLover23Dined on 5/31/2014I forget her name but she was amazing and super friendly!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelliniDined on 5/30/2014This was my wife's and my first time there. Went with two friends who have been there many times before. We loved the place! Nice service, good food (and good choices), and as first-timers, we received coupons for discounts etc. Very nice time. And we're sorry we hadn't been there previously, but will certainly go again. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimmyPDined on 5/27/2014I had been there once before. They did a great job with the burger that needed to be separate because of a seafood allergy. Mine ,however was not good at all. There was also a clear mistake with the fries. I had less than half of the rest of the groups plate and none were longer than an inch. Cooks mistake ,but the staff should have caught it. It was a joke at the table. Burger was just blah. My Wife gave it the same review.
- Delicious as alwaysJenRDined on 5/24/2014Actually asked the kitchen to modify a dish for the first time and they were very accommodating-- and it was excellent! Service was great, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.