Not Your Average Joe's Norwell
111 Pond Street
Norwell, MA 02061Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Norwell
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: (781) 616-6160
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
We will be closing at 4 pm Christmas Eve, closed on Christmas Day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Tenner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Norwell
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Not Your Average Joe's Norwell - Best Restaurants in Norwell ›
Not Your Average Joe's Norwell reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (40)neighborhood gem (39)kid-friendly (36)great for lunch (32)fit for foodies (29)special occasion (18)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (10)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (8)notable wine list (7)late-night find (4)romantic (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Noisy with lots of kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014As frequent NYAJ guests, we very much prefer the Randolph location. We tried Norwell for the first time; the food wasn't quite as good, and the atmosphere was diminished by several tables with unruly children.Special Features:
- Nice bar area too.HelpinguoutDined on 11/12/2014Nice bar area off to the side with TV's and cozy corners. Food is always excellent. This is a chain that has their act togetherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Your Average Joe'sEmyvonneDined on 11/9/2014It was pretty good. The menu was limited but satisfying and unique. The bread was the best part honestly, I would love to just eat that forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tenajoeDined on 11/9/2014I had the sirloin tips which were ordered as medium rare, they were very much overdone and tough, did find a few that were chewable. Mashed garlic potatoes were not even warm. Green beans excellent. Waiter Bill was very good and attentive. First time at this restaurant, not sure I would return.
- First Time at Norwell NYAJluv2eatoutDined on 11/3/2014Been to the NYAJ's in Woodbridge VA many times. This was our first visit to NYAJ's Norwell. We needed a local place to meet a family member for dinner and when we realized there was a NYAJ's close to us we knew we would get a great meal at a reasonable price. NYAJ's Norwell met all our expectations, good food, good service, and reasonable price. When back in the Norwell area we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- emontyDined on 11/1/2014there are two sides to this restaurant...one is the bar side one the food side....the rest rooms are way over in the restaurant side.....should be more centrally located
- WallaresDined on 10/24/2014Location of table not great the food was excellent the service was good but I have had outstanding service there before, I would always come back I have never had a bad experience.Special Features:
- Great value and great food!RobbinVIPDined on 10/20/2014We have now been to this location 3 times in the last two weeks as we are staying down the street. Consistently the servers are A+. They are so attentive and friendly and know their menu. We had one of the pizzas (blue cheese and bacon with balsamic) and it was great! We also had the pumpkin chicken dish with corn bread and it was so good. The pumpkin sauce was incredible. We are so thrilled to have found such a great spot with such good quality at reasonable prices. I will also say their wine list is a great bargain - their wines by the bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be goodexcustomerDined on 10/18/2014sad used to be one of my favorite restaurants nut my last two visits have been terrible. On my last visit I ordered my favorite dish so happy it was back on menu but it was awful over cooked dry tough chicken and the butternut squash cannoli tasted like it was stuffed with sour rotted cheese not butternut squash. But at least this time I had a good waiter. The visit before the waiter was terrible. He never refilled our water glasses and when packing my take out neglected to pack my dessert! The sangria and bread are still good but not enough that I will be returning any time soon too many strikes Not Your Average Joe's sorry but you are out!Special Features:
- horrible foodkfjfDined on 10/18/20144 of us all ordered fish - each dis was dry and bland - even the veggies were cold
- Good but noisyfrequentdinerDined on 10/18/2014Good meal but VERY busy and VERY noisy on a Saturday night! We generally don't go to Not Your Average Joe's on a Saturday, but it was my husband's birthday and we wanted to celebrate. We waited for about 20 minutes for a seat (yes, we did have reservations), but it was no one's fault... just a very busy night at the restaurant. The staff was very friendly, if a bit harried, and we did have a good experience. I do think I would refrain from going there on a Saturday. From children running around to a really high noise level, it doesn't make for a relaxing evening. We'll continue to go to Not Your Average Joe's though... it's still one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Consistently great time after timebobrussDined on 10/8/2014Servers here are always nothing but enthusiastic, friendly and efficient. Food is excellent. Portions are usually worthy of some to take home. I had the beer braised clams and linguine from the monthly specials menu. Very tasty, but I would rather have had a bit more linguine and less focaccia bread. It was more like a lunch portion and one of the few times I've finished every morsel. NYAJ in Norwell still remains our favorite go-to, local restaurant for casual dining.Special Features:
- interesting menuARB44Dined on 10/4/2014somewhat limited menu but with very interesting food choices that taste really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forget that it is part of a chain.deymerDined on 10/2/2014Not Your Average Joe's, has a the ambience and dish selections of a local restaurant. The menu inspires and the food is always fresh and tasty. Signing up for their email list can mean an abundance of promotional email but… they do alert you to special events and on your birthday–a free entree and dessert! My only hesitation was that it was part of a restaurant chain. Those fears have long since vanished!Special Features:
- Most reasonable wine list anywhere!RobbinVIPDined on 10/1/2014Great spot. We are so impressed with the value on the wines by the bottle. Such a great deal! We have come here twice in the last week as we are living temporarily down the street. Will be back again and again.......food is consistent and the servers are very friendly and attentive. Ooh, and the bread and oil are too good to pass up!Special Features:
- Great restaurantMurrayDined on 9/29/2014Couldn't be more pleased with the service, food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GlutenFreeDined on 9/28/2014Love this restaraunt, They have a fantastic Gluten free menu, the atmosphere is warm and friendly, Love the Gluten free Herb crusted Cod, the Gluten free burgers are always tasty, but the best is they actualy start you out with your own gluten free bread and dip, (something we usually have to go without at other resturants)! Love that it is close to my house too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedpeterdDined on 9/27/2014Service by Ryan was outstanding during a difficult dining experience. Four diners waited 40 minutes before first two meals arrived. Next two meals came twenty minutes later. One salad entree was suppose to be kale based but came with lettuce instead. Two cobb salad entrees were fair at best. Far below level of dining experienced in past visits. We were told a large party for a 105 year old birthday celebration created the issues we and other diners were experiencing. Manager should be taken to task for allowing the large birthday party at peak dining time on a Saturday night. Only positive note was manager compt the food on our bill.Poor showing for NYAJ.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Excellent food and good service which make this restaurant one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerbettyVIPDined on 9/24/2014Have been to this NYAJ location many times and have never been disappointed. Was celebrating a birthday. Both my dining companion and I selected entrees from the Fall menu preview. Both dinners were deemed excellent. Generous portions at reasonable prices. Shout out to our server Lynne W who managed to provide outstanding service on a very busy night.Special Features:
- Love it.Carolinae09Dined on 9/22/2014Good paint nite whit the fam... We had a blast!! We love our chix Oscar is awesome as always. Trixie! Was really good and bubbly! Love this place.Special Features:
- no moreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/22/2014I keep trying Joe's and wanting to like it. I do not like the menu, there is never anything I really want to order. Plenty of waitstaff, but we sat for 15 min. without a server, confusion on their end. It was paint night, too noisy there.
- great as always!dianeVIPDined on 9/16/2014We snuck out for a quiet lunch while the kids were in school. The food was great as always. I had the Flank Steak, flat bread sandwich, YUMMY. We enjoyed a bottle of bubbly, great price for CA, Brut. And the Peanut butter thing for dessert was decadent. Thanks to Dianne, our Server, everything was coursed just right, and she made our luncheon, perfect with her smiling face and subtle interactions. Thanks again, NYAJ's, we'll be back:)Special Features:
- Can't seem to handle full capacityjt03southshoreDined on 9/13/2014We were met politely and given a nice table with our Open Table reservation. Our waiter was attentive and courteous the whole time. We ordered basic things: burgers, grilled cheeses, etc. After 45 minutes of waiting, we asked the waiter to check on our food. At this point, the restaurant was full. The grilled cheeses came first; they were cold. Then came the burgers. The one that was supposed to be rare was well done. The one that was supposed to be medium was also well done, but charred on the outside so much that it was inedible. It was shocking that the decision was made to go ahead and serve the burned meat; how can you mess up a burger? The manager did take the burgers off the tab. Disappointing experience.
- Local FavoriteHappyCamperDined on 9/7/2014Most creative menu in the area, and constantly new items bring us back frequently. The booths are cozy and people are far enough apart so it doesn't seem crowded, also not too noisy for conversation. The servers are courteous and attentive, and I love that little dip they make at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off Night at the grillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2014We love the unique menu at Joe's and enjoyed the lettuce wraps, fajitas and egg roll appetizers. Dinners included the famous meatloaf - which could not be finished by my teenage son, the Waldorf salad and artichoke cannelloni all excellent. Where there was a fail was with the steak tips which were overcooked twice - oddly some of the smaller pieces were less cooked (still over cooked) than large pieces. We are chocking it up to an off night at the grill and will be back, especially for Sangria Night! Server was attentive and apologetic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappydinerHappydinerDined on 8/21/2014Had a delicious dinner We love the bread with cheese and oil!Special Features:
- A local favoriteMeredithDined on 8/15/2014I love NYAJ's, especially the bread with the olive oil, parmesan cheese and spice mixture. My bacon cheddar burger was delicious and my husband enjoyed his chicken kabobs. They didnt bring new plates for our appetizer but it was a busy Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great pricesBostonMCDined on 8/14/2014NYAJ, their focaccia bread and spicy cheese and olive dipping sauce is the best! But, don't fill up on it if you want to finish your meal. I had their Chicken Picatta, which is the best, the portions are quite large, enough for lunch the next day. My friend had the new delicious Steak Wedge which came with plenty of steak slices on top. Last, but not least, The Peanut Butter Thing dessert was shared and quite yummy!Special Features:
- HappydinerHappydinerDined on 8/14/2014got seated on time service was fast but not rushed and very pleasant waitressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jackVIPDined on 8/14/2014Freindly effficient service but food was lacking. Sandwiches were mostly bread and the accompanying fries were greasy and cold
- Salad and AppsLeeLeeVIPDined on 8/9/2014My family and I love this place, but we leaned long ago to skip the entrees and, instead, get a side salad each to start followed by an appetizer each. It's plenty of food and, we think, the best stuff on the menu. Last past visit, I was impressed with the jalapeno strawberry cocktail; yum!Special Features:
- Wait stafflik2dinoutDined on 8/9/2014The wait Staff was very friendly. The Waitress was helpful in making my selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not your average joe'ssjmtennisDined on 8/5/2014It was a very enjoyable dining experience. We ordered an appetizer and dinner special we hadn't had before and they were both very good.Special Features:
- Lots of Gluten-free choicesNolatxDined on 7/31/2014I liked that they really appreciate the challenges of finding good gluten-free options. The tuna I ordered could have been a better quality for rare and more flavorful though. Prices are reasonable. Would go there again.
- Always SatisfiedYumyumyumDined on 7/29/2014The staff are terrific-warm, engaging and friendly. The selections are great, if you want red meat, seafood or salads-many options. The "specials" menu changes with the season, locally caught fish in summer or comfort food in winter, and everything is very fresh. They serve a lot of local produce, wine and beer keeping many employed in the area-(great philosophy). Never had a negative experience!Special Features:
- Amazing.fooding1234Dined on 7/27/2014Everything is good, from the bread to the specials, to the tried and true menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYAJ in Randolph betterMarcia24VIPDined on 7/27/2014Food and service not as good as in Randolph. We were there because closer to Cohasset for Music Circus but normally go to Randolph.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 427 reviews are from the Not Your Average Joe's Norwell reviews archive.
- Great for Gluten FreeLightman9Dined on 7/25/2014I am now in my 3rd year of being wheat free and NYAJ is one of my favorite places to dine. They have consistantly and continously been improving their gluten free menu, including a gluten free roll to have while the others at the table enjoy the focaccia bread (I miss that bread) and my main coarse, a shrimp penne, you would not know it was gluten free. Hats off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above Average JoesYumyumDined on 7/25/2014Great dining experience. Our server was excellent- very friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. Menu selection was great. Food was delicious and beautifully presented. Fine dining reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.