Not Your Average Joe's Needham
109 Chapel Street
Needham, MA 02492Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Needham
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: 7814539300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Romano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Needham
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Not Your Average Joe's Needham - Best Restaurants in Needham ›
Not Your Average Joe's Needham reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (75)kid-friendly (53)great for lunch (53)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (29)vibrant bar scene (18)special occasion (18)hot spot (11)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (7)romantic (3)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great ExperienceTonibDined on 8/22/2014We had a great dinning experience wih at Joe's Bobby our server was very attentive and made some great recommendations.Special Features:
- Wide varietyFantasticVIPDined on 8/20/2014One if the great thing about Joe's is there is something for everyone. Tonight our waiter was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time and I'll be BackLexiDined on 8/19/2014I'd never been here before and it proved to be as good as the reviews said!Special Features:
- hungry in needhamhappyandsatedVIPDined on 8/15/2014I always can count on NYAJ for consistent food and service. The birthday coupons are extremely generous. Seasonal menu offerings keeps the offerings fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great place to visitTAZmanDined on 8/15/2014Food is consistently good. Wait staff is almost always outstanding. Every place will have a few folks that are subpar, but the average waiters/waitresses here are outstanding. They just have a great attitude and are attentive.Special Features:
- This was a very improptune dinnerTonibDined on 8/12/2014Our serve Glen was very attentive. Very knoweledgeable about special and other offeringsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/7/2014had a good time with the friends that joined us. good food and very good service, we'll return there soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2014Food is good and proper portions, the service was very good, a bit noisy but upbeat and good for a quick meal.Special Features:
- Just okBostalianDined on 7/18/2014The scallops and fish were not so fresh. One scallop worse than the rest.
- 20th Anniversary CelebrationDanTVIPDined on 7/15/2014Dinner at NYAJ was fun the other night; celebrating their 20th year in business with a special priced 2-course menu. It featured many throwback dishes from the 90's and I tried a couple since I wanted something new. While I prefer the regular menu items, it was nice to have something different for a change. Service from Mike was exceptional. He remembered my wife and I from our first dining experience with him a month ago and immediately offered me a gluten-free bread roll. We had a great time as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Friendly ServiceSteveBDined on 7/12/2014The main risk is eating too much of the great bread and food! Always a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I still like the breadPmacdVIPDined on 7/4/2014This place is very busy. its not very big so you should call ahead. Food is good and the price is right.Special Features:
- Crazy on weekends and holidaysradiantfloorsDined on 7/3/2014This is one of my favorite restaurant chains, but this visit was not the best. It was crazy loud, super packed and the temperature was nearly 80's (the thermostats are in the dining area). Our waiter seemed somewhat new and a bit confused and sweating profusely. One of our entrees was obviously ready before the other, as it arrived cold. The restaurant was definitely too busy to wait to have it recooked, so we just moved on. We paid with a combination of gift cards and credit cards which thoroughly confused our waiter and necessitated the intervention of the manager. The restaurant had no control of the other guests, but twice during our meal we were either nearly hit with food for a flailing fork or a flying plate. Sad.Special Features:
- Great except for quinoa and veggiesLetsEatOutDined on 7/1/2014We love NYAJ's. Went for dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday. We all tried each other's food. We loved the Thai chicken lettuce wraps and the bruschetta special. Two of us had the DELICIOUS special - Pecan-crusted chicken. The chicken was cooked perfectly. The sweet potato fries were yummy, and the coleslaw was also delicious. One person had the jambalaya, said it was good but could have been spicier. Salmon with quinoa/mango salsa and grilled veggies was a mixed bag. The salmon was delicious, the veggies were undercooked, and the quinoa (which I love - elsewhere) was kind of bland, tasted a little "off", as one person said. The carrot cake was good (I've tasted a friend's gluten-free baked goods, and this was much better). Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeFoodieDined on 6/23/2014Joes is great for any occasion. The food is diverse enough for anyone's taste. It's my go to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant StopBabyBack2BillVIPDined on 6/22/2014The service was excellent. The bar was alive with the US vs Potugal Soccer Match playing. The restaurant was full and bustling late on a Sunday night but we were not rushed.Special Features:
- LoveLegalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We've been to the NYA Joe's in Needham many times and it is very consistent. The service and the food are terrific. This time we were there to use a free birthday coupon but we've been there many other times without coupons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedYelperDined on 6/20/2014I have been to many Not Your Average Joe's and was excited for this visit to catch up with friends and for the great food. When I ordered my Margarita I also ordered a water, which I never got even after reminding our server TWICE. I also got half of my meal, I ordered the Tuscan Chicken and it was two pieces of bread (not four like usual) and they were empty inside. I waited and waited and waited and after the rest of my party finished eating I then got up to ask for our server who never came back to the table to let him know my food was wrong. He admitted it was wrong and whoever brought it over (it was him who delivered it) should have noticed that only half the sandwich was on the plate. So he had the kitchen remake the sandwich.
- not my best experience at Joe'sTonibDined on 6/20/2014I have had serveral meals at Joe's in the past. This was not the best. Our server seem to have some problems getting the orders correct. One friends burger was not cooked. I must say the manager Guy did come over right away and apologize and took the item off the build. There was too much Goat cheese on the salad I ordered not enough greens.Special Features:
- They call it average for a reason.emilyDined on 6/18/2014It is fine when you want to just catchup with friends but the food and atmosphere is not the driving factor. I never would go out of the way to eat here but our friends are on a budget and it works for them. Fine....no better , no less.Special Features:
- susanDined on 6/17/2014met an old friend for dinner. hadn't seen each other in several years. great place to go catch up. the waitress was very accomodating to our slow pace. food was very good. definately would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extensive menuCharScottVIPDined on 6/17/2014Few places offer so many different items on a menu and all prepared so well. Service is always very good. Do make reservations ahead or expect to wait quite awhile - Take out is available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll be surprisedFantasticVIPDined on 6/15/2014With a large variety on the menu, everyone in your party will find something interesting. All leftovers were taken home. They happily split a salad for me and my wife. Overall a great experience. Definitely returning in the future.Special Features:
- A regular at the NYAJ in Needham.nboudrotDined on 6/15/2014My family took my brother out for Father's Day and we all had wonderful meals! The food is always good to fantastic, the service is excellent with a fun group of young servers to help you out with any dining choices you might need help with. The bar crowd is great, too!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/10/2014I dined with 2 friends I hadn't seen in months. The ambiance, service and food were all great. While the restaurant was quite full for a Tuesday evening, we weren't rushed at all, which added to our enjoyment. I have dined here a number of times with a 1 or 2 people as well as a group. This is a restaurant that consistently serves a great menu, has great service which lends to a very enjoyable experience. Thanks!Special Features:
- Place to go in NeedhamCharScottVIPDined on 6/10/2014Always a good place to go for lunch or dinner. Reservations are really a must or you can expect a long wait. Kitchen and staff can be slow when crowded. The staff is very pleasant and they work hard to make a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerGrandmasandyDined on 6/9/2014Food good and the waiter was excellent good for local diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious optionsSimpleDinerDined on 6/7/2014Fun, neighborhood pub style restaurant that's worth stopping by. Lots to choose from, and it's all fresh. The bread and dipping sauce is to die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dougDined on 6/2/2014The entrees are always delicious and creative. Noise level is a little high even when not crowded. Very noisy with a full house..... I can tolerate the noise because the food and service are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014Somewhat congested dining area; food was good; service good. Pricing is always good and you can't eat the focaccia bread!Special Features:
- BaileyVIPDined on 5/28/2014Winewednesday's is a great bang for the buck! It's just nice to go out and have a reasonably priced dinner with good food!Special Features:
- Wine tasting with Food AwesomemaprockDined on 5/27/2014We go to NYAJ's frequently and do not usually make a reservation. In this case we made a reservation for the wine and food tasting. Each of the wines were excellent and went particularly well with each course. The stuffed quahogs were superb, very flavorful with the addition of chorizo. The chopped salad, fish tacos and steak wedge were all perfectly prepared and the dessert of strawberry shortcake with prosecco finished the meal off nicely.Special Features:
- Great foodyummyDined on 5/27/2014I had the pecan chicken on the special. It was delicious. Our one complaint on the evening was the sweet potato fries which were not fries at all. They were large , hard slices of sweet potatoes baked. Very misleading and not very enjoyable to eat. Otherwise everything was wonderful.Special Features:
- DeeelishJackieHVIPDined on 5/23/2014NYAJ Needham never disappoints! Food was so good! They are always so creative with their menu...putting a nice spin on things. Every course was terrific. And a great GM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodyummyDined on 5/22/2014Everything from the waiter to the food and dessert was excellent. We had 2 birthday coupons . Great food and great everything.Special Features:
- good food, music too loudartellisDined on 5/22/2014went here with a buddy around noon on a Thursday. the food and service were great, but the music was too loud and didn't really fit the ambience of the restaurant. the folks at the table next to is asked that the music be turned down. please don't get me wrong, I've been to hundreds of concerts and play music myself, but the music was loud. bar loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing ...paradooxDined on 5/20/2014Sometimes their food just misses after trying too hard - The "Not your average nachos" was basically a bunch of chips on tops of some salsa and other stuff. The dough on the cannelloni could have been better. The ambiance could have been better as we were seated by the door and the tables were crowded together. The waitress seemed overworked and tired and got lost for periods of time. For example, we had to remind her to get the dipping sauce for the bread. We've had better meals at NYAJ, but this was not one of them.
- After work meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2014Enjoy meeting friends after work here. Always good food, close by and we can talk.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014NYAJ is a great place - continues to live up to its reputation with consistently great food and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needham lunch placeCharScottVIPDined on 5/15/2014A great place to have lunch in Needham. Good selections for everyone, no matter how picky. We loved the lettuce wraps!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.