Not Your Average Joe's Methuen
90 Pleasant Valley Street
Methuen, MA 01844Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Methuen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: 9789740015x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday & Tuesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Henning
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Get started on your holiday shopping with Not Your Average Joe's gift cards. Buy $50 and get $10 in Appreciation cards free.
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Methuen
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Not Your Average Joe's Methuen reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (51)great for outdoor dining (47)neighborhood gem (39)kid-friendly (39)good for groups (38)fit for foodies (37)hot spot (26)special occasion (26)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (13)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (7)romantic (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- NYAJ YES!CarolynDined on 8/26/2014Great food, great service! The food is always fresh and cooked perfectly. Varied options, a nice change from the usual offered menu in most restaurants. Their bread dip is a great way to start a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good despite the delayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Our family of 4 had a fantastic meal and our dessert took almost 1/2 hour to arrive, our server was excellent and gave us updates and when the dessert finally came she arrived with her manager to tell us they were taking it and my meal off the bill. I couldn't have been more happy with our server, I only wish I'd gotten her name to give her credit for her excellent service. The place was packed and she was so attentive to us and the other tables.Special Features:
- favorite restaurantfavfoodDined on 8/20/2014One of my favorite restaurants for good food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Styleskid11Dined on 8/15/2014They have a comprehensive gluten free menu, with a lot more options than most restaurants. They even bring gluten free rolls for the amazing oil!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open table optionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Joe's is the only open table option in Methuen, MA. We used to be regulars but only go once or twice a year now. Some patrons that came in after use were served before. This may have been the crusted haddock I ordered but did not ask. My wife's steak tips were a bit too rare. My fish was very good but opted for asparagus instead of fries and only got 3 spears. We do different restaurants all the time and although we have had a lot of great experiences @ Joe's it is unlikely we will visit more than the 1-2 times each year.
- Predictably greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014The food and atmosphere were fantastic, our waiter however seemed new and forgetful, although polite, he forgot a few things and didn't seem to be very enthusiastic about his workSpecial Features:
- Disappointed in Open TableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014We use Open Table all the time and was so disappointed when we choose this restaurant based on open table. It was honestly one of the worst experiences we have had in a very long time. Chips were stale, wrong food was delivered, & what wasn't stale was not edible. Avoid this restaurant or at least this location of the chain.
- convenient neighborhood gemneighborhoodDined on 8/1/2014convenient neighborhood gem. We like Joe's for all occasions. Perfect for lunch, diner or late nite apps and cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationRinnyVIPDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed our meal very much and the staff is very amenable to making changes on the menu items to accommodate our tastes/needs. The molten chocolate cake was excellent. Will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Never had a bad meal hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014The food is always very well presented and tastes fresh and great ; loved the chicken lettuce wraps; friends had chicken kabobs and a pasta dish and they both were very happy. Al Fresco dining was very nice on a beautiful summer night; only drawback was that the public bus parks immediately adjacent to the outdoor patio and while it's there you can't hear each other talk and the smell of diesel is bad. But it isn't too often. Also I did go inside to use the ladies room and was reminded that we were lucky to get an outside table - the noise level for some reason inside the restaraunt is very loud. Do try the watermelon sangria - very nice refreshment on a summer night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014Hospitality at it's finest! Food and service were exceptional and the vibe of the restaurant reflects the way the community feels about this location, they love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYAJOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014Go to Not Your Average Joes, quite often. Always good food and wine and always a nice rlaxed place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnertcw2014Dined on 7/7/2014My husband and I had an enjoyable dinner. The food was excellent. The waitress was very good. She kept checking to see if we enjoying our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014It was a busy July 4th because of the rain but overall the food and service were very good. Timing was great and we were very satisfied by the end!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaltyAnahavanaVIPDined on 7/1/2014Food is way too salty and my good order tasted over cooked and not freshSpecial Features:
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/1/2014We've been dining at Joe's for years and we are never disappointed. The food is always great, the service friendly and the prices more than fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I LOVE the healthy choices, drinksMovieDinnerDined on 6/29/2014Salad choices are outstanding! Food that my kids loved served. A nice selection of cocktails and online reservations was so convenient. Outside dining was great and the service is always polite and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoyjoyJoyjoyDined on 6/27/2014Dinner was delicious! The service was great! We got tickets to Lowe's theater. The price was right! Thank you for a great afternoon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome meal!!!RazzoreoDined on 6/18/2014We went to celebrate my friend's special birthday! All meals were awesome as usual. We have eaten at their resturants in Burlington, MA, Medford, MA, Beverly, MA, and Newburyport, MA as well as Methuen, MA, and have never been disappointed at any of them. It is wonderful how they offer the birthday person such a wonderful dinner on their special day, unlike any other resturant I have been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DealMilesMomDined on 6/15/2014Best birthday deal around. Free entree and a free dessert. Sign up for their e-club and you will get this every year. The specials are creative and the regular menu has something for everyone too. We have not been disappointed yet. A favorite that we return to often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buffet290Dined on 6/15/2014They try to serve plain good food in a fancy way. The chicken I had tasted very strange---maybe the "mustard" coating on it. See what I mean. The restrooms could have used some attention...sloppy and very wet all over counter sink and floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanneDined on 6/14/2014The jambalya was fanstastic but the salmon is not as good asI have had in the past and I doubt I would order it again. The cut of salmon was very thin and I like thicker wild salmon type cut-I do not know if this was wild or farmed. I have had trouble with this before at this restaurant with the salmon on the salad that I had ordered was a couple of smaller pieces and dry-not good, and then I came back and got it again and asked if it were a small piece and was told it was one bigger piece and it was good that time-this time not so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great time at NYAJ'srkenjoylifeDined on 6/7/2014we have dined here numerous times but usually with a party of 4 or 2. This was the first time we had 8. NYAJ was really helpful on setting us up and had our table ready even though we arrived early. The staff, Jessica, was outstanding in providing excellent service and attending to the entire parties needs.Special Features:
- Winesday...So worth itKMo1VIPDined on 6/4/2014This is our second Winesday - $39.99 for two entrees & a bottle of wine. Your entree selections are limited but the choices delight. I had sirloin tips. It comes with mashed potatoes and green beans. The garlic mashed potatoes are so full of flavor you will want more & the green beans were cooked to the perfect al dente! My finance enjoyed chicken piccata with fettucini - again a great filling meal. We selected a nice cab for our wine (they offer a limited selection here too). I ordered a side salad so I was a bit full and took 1/2 my dinner home for lunch! Stretching that great Winesday price even further. You can also bring home any wine you do not finish not a problem for us. Attentive service & management. Worth the trip.Special Features:
- Great Experience!scram1017Dined on 5/30/2014My boyfriend and I are Not Your Average Joe's Regulars, and we love the Gluten Free options and regular menus! Its such a great option for him and I to be able to go out and I can get my Gluten free meal while he enjoys their amazing bread. Their drinks are always great, their on tap beer selection is always at a great temp, and I can only recall one bad service experience I have had at the restaurant. Out waitress, Gina, was pleasent and very attentive which meant al ot because the place was VERY BUSY. She checked in on us, kept up with drinks, and the food was amazing and out in amazing time. Needless to say, we will always come back.Special Features:
- Love the food, but kitchen was slowHollyEDined on 5/30/2014We eat here at least 3-4 times a month, and usually the food arrives within 15 minutes of ordering. Granted it was a Friday night, so they were busy. Our server was excellent, he kept drinks & bread stocked. Time passed easily with our company. We will return for our favorites and special items. The gluten free menu is a welcome sight to those of us who need it. Keep up the great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usualKillergeek69Dined on 5/23/2014New menu, great food, superb service, atmosphere is always great. This is our favorite place to relax, enjoy, and forget the troubles of the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!Pickyeater29Dined on 5/16/2014Everytime we have eaten here, whether it's been with the kids, friends or on a date night we have never walked out disappointed. Always great service, something new to try and affordable prices! The drinks are pretty amazing too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Spring menu!PhilDined on 5/16/2014Lots of new and delicious items, but so glad they still have the Coconut Shrimp Appetizer! Deelish!Special Features:
- Great food, horrible service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014Being a mom of three and the day after Mother's Day (which I worked at a restaurant serving others) I was really looking forward to dinner outside with my girlfriend. Our server was awful, took over 10 minutes to greet our table. Others servers stopped to apologize. We were in the back and it felt like I saw every other server, but ours was never around. It was a very poor expereince.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT MOTHERSDAYOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014GREAT FOOD ,GOOD PEOPLE WATCHING ,THE RESERVATION WORKED WELL,Special Features:
- This was goodyum123Dined on 5/11/2014I came here for my birthday with my friends and we all had a really good time. The waitress was accommodating and friendly, and the food was quite delicious. I will definitely go to Not Your Average Joe's again!Special Features:
- love the foodLuvmyrestaurantDined on 5/7/2014I really did like the salad and taco appetizer. The only thing that I was not extremely fond of was the dessert. I had the gluten free carrot cake. I liked the cake texture and taste. The disappointment came with the frosting on the cake . I was expecting a typical cream cheese frosting and instead got a very sweet frosting that didn't match the savory cake. The service was great!!Special Features:
- BirthdayBirthdaygirlDined on 5/5/2014Had a great birthday thanks to our waitress! Food was very good almost too much to eat it all.Special Features:
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza was great!TheTasterDined on 5/4/2014The buffalo chicken pizza was delicious. It had large nuggets of perfectly cooked crispy chicken spiced just right and just the right amount of blue cheese sauce drizzled here and there over the pizza. It was served in a timely fashion and at the proper temperature for eating. Their bread used to be delicious enough to crave and was one of the reasons I liked going to Not Your Average Joe's. The bread has changed. It is now okay - average - but not something to crave. The special dipping oil was not quite as good this time either, but that is probably dependent on how the server mixes it - I hope. Our server was excellent. The manager was excellent. We were able to make reservations easily on OpenTable.com and were seated quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentDracut1Dined on 5/3/2014One of the best things about NYAJ's is it is very consistent in the quality and the service we recieve especially at the NYAJ's in Methuen. Thank goodness for open table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- garyDined on 5/3/2014Service wonderful and food enjoyable! A great place to eat before or after watching a movie next door. They offer discount movie tickets too! Love your weekly emails too....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 501 reviews are from the Not Your Average Joe's Methuen reviews archive.
- Great food ok serviceLisaDined on 5/2/2014My friends and I have dined many times at the nyaj in methuen and always enjoy the food and the drinks. We've never really had an outstanding server and today was probably the worse we've had. She was not attentative to our table and made us wait a long time before clearing our plates and getting our check. I know she want busy because I saw her strool by us several times. I am also a server so I know when one is lazy and frankly doesn't care. My friends and I will be back for the great food and drinks but we won't expect 5 star service.Special Features:
- One MistakeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014The waiter made up for the issues with my meal. It must be an isolated incident, as my friends all had good meals. I would still go back to Joes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eatsSaturdaydatenightDined on 4/26/2014I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone who is interested in good food at a great price. Very good menu variety so there is something for all different tastes. The service was excellent in fact, our waitress recommended an exceptional before dinner drink, as well as providing insight to menu offerings. Though the restaurant was busy (Saturday night) at no time did we feel rushed. I would suggest making reservations as we did for we had little to no wait. We'll definitely come back to Not Your Average Joe's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.