Not Your Average Joe's Medford
Medford, MA 02155Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Medford
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: 7813939681x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11:30am- 10:00pm
Friday- Saturday 11:30am- 11:00pm
Sunday- 12:00pm- 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ronnie Mosley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer family-style catering as well as a la carte options for groups of any size. We can customise to your liking no matter the size of the group you are trying to feed.
- Cross Street: Route 16
- Public Transit: We are located in the Station Landing Complex, across the Skywalk from the Wellington T stop on the Orange Line.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have parking available at both entrances of the restaurant. There is a 2 hour lot in the center of the complex, as well as a complimentary parking garage located under the building.
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Medford
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Not Your Average Joe's Medford - Best Restaurants in Medford ›
Not Your Average Joe's Medford reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (31)neighborhood gem (25)kid-friendly (24)great for lunch (21)great for outdoor dining (13)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (12)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (5)romantic (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014I WAS abit dissapointed with the butternut squash papardelle, as the waitress had recommended it. It looked delicious with great ingredients, but seemed to lack flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014The place was hopping. A fun place but both our meals were overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hanger steak with garlic friesKerriC831Dined on 9/5/2014The meat was cooked perfect for me which doesn't always happen often. I prefer well, well done!! They actually did it and I was pleasantly surprised. It was a great dish. Great taste, cooked perfect and the fries that came with it were amazing. Fresh garlic!!!! To die for!!!! I recommend this to everyone. It was well worth it. It was my Birthday and I was impressed that they gave me my whole meal for free and dessert. Great place and lots of fun!!!! Thanks for the awesome dinner.Special Features:
- Tasty and accommodatingdjMedfordDined on 9/2/2014My spouse and I have been semi-regulars at Not Your Average Joe's for several years now. We don't drink, so I can't give the wine list or the bar a proper review. We go for the food. Prices are reasonable, considering the quality of the food, and the seasonal dishes include some surprising and delicious combinations. My favorites include summer's watermelon gazpacho soup and Rhode Island calamari appetizers. My spouse loves the Thai Chicken Lettuce Wrap Appetizer. What brings us back: my spouse has some very special dietary needs, and NYA Joe's has both the capacity and the willingness to accommodate them. We have not found many casual restaurants who can, or will, do that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and PriceKTQ76Dined on 9/1/2014The service was great, the food was especially good, and the price was very reasonable. You can't beat it.Special Features:
- NAJs is cool!annaweeDined on 8/31/2014NAJs is a very cool place...when we were there a crying baby was there too! Unfortunately, that puts a bit of a damper on things...however, I do love the food, our waiter was great. I love the decor...I would highly recommend it to anyone for any event or special event! It is a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerFishDined on 8/29/2014I go here often for dinner with friends. Most of the time I order the pan seared fish and it is FANTASTIC. Service always great also!!Special Features:
- Awesome foodPatcopeDined on 8/22/2014The service was outstanding from the front door on through the entire meal. Keylime pie was very good, everyone enjoyed the mealsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 60th birthdaybubbamaDined on 8/22/2014my friend took me to joe's because I love the food,also I am wheelchair bound and the staff is always very kind and helpfulSpecial Features:
- InnaKDined on 8/22/2014As always - Thank you so much for the great time and good food !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our mealMel08Dined on 8/7/2014We had a delicious meal at this restaurant. We thought the food was delicious. Service was a bit slow, but the waitress was really friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Had to send my lunch back as they dressed the salad when I specifically asked that the dressing be "on the side". This is always frustrating because my lunch partner had to (wanted to) wait for my lunch to arrive. Lunch was only OK. Disappointed.Special Features:
- Great foodLisaDined on 7/18/2014Haven`t been to Joe`s in a while but I went the other night and it was still as good as before. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. Would def go back!Special Features:
- foodjoysDined on 7/15/2014loved the chicken Oscar, had it over spinach, nice to have options! it was a mellow weeknightSpecial Features:
- Always good food and menu varietyDalton47Dined on 7/10/2014Never have a bad meal here. Wait staff very personable/friendly and always checked in with our table. I never feel rushed to leave when we are there for a meal. In addition, restaurant manager or shift supervisor took the time to see if all was well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedAugust31Dined on 7/5/2014I have been to NYAJs many times and I'm never disappointed with the food, drinks and service. My favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less salt in food would be nice.Love2dineDined on 6/30/2014Like most restaurants it seems salt is a major ingredient. Would like to see less of it. Good was good and will go back but will request no added salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to joeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/26/2014Consistently good food and innovative ideas. Dishes r smaller than before though. But overall reasonably pricedI would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedVegasVIPDined on 6/24/2014Always a reliable restaurant. Good food, good service.Special Features:
- Always a great nightMrsMelDined on 6/20/2014Not Your Average Joes is consistently a great choice. The restaurant is clean, the staff are plentiful and very friendly. The menu is diverse with something for everyone to enjoy. The staff are very helpful, they will explain what something is, make changes for you, very flexible. The start of every meal is bread and oil which is to die for! Highly recommend, and you can reserve a table on Open Table which is nice to know your table is waiting for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice dining experiencefoodjoysDined on 6/18/2014We were a small group seated comfortably. Had appetizers and Wine Wednesday special. Just enough to be able to share the peanut butter dessert. Could just eat the bread and dipping sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014Excellent meal and service. This resturant never fails to disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 213 reviews are from the Not Your Average Joe's Medford reviews archive.
- FoodLou0326Dined on 5/24/2014I normally visit Joe's quite regularly w/ my family & the food is always very good but this time I ordered the chicken picatta & the chicken was very dry & tasteless. I think it was overcooked. I should have sent it back but we were pressed for time. Service was great as usual. One of my favorite restaurants to visit & dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014The management and staff at NYAJ are very good, we have become friends with some of the people working at Medford so it's like coming home for dinner. The food is very good, and the portions don't overwhelm the diner.Special Features:
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/15/2014Tempeted by the new menu and $10 off coupon. Always consistent and varied menu to accommodate everyone palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice staffnehbqDined on 5/10/2014A nice place to go for a family friendly dinner. Interesting menu with great seasonal specials, wonderful local beer selection & nice staff.Special Features:
- noname1VIPDined on 5/6/2014Very nice experience - wide ranging menu; something to please anyone. Server, Suzanne, was very helpful and attentive. A very interesting thing happened when I was told that one of our entrees was not available - Suzanne said that the restaurant would "comp" me on my second choice. I said that was not necessary - the manager came over and insisted. This rarely happens in four and five star high end restaurants. These folks are going out of their way to make their customers feel satisfied!I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 out of 5 starsMisabelleDined on 4/29/2014I enjoy going to Not Your Average Joe's and do so at least 1 - 2 times per year. I would like to go more often, but unfortunately, there aren't many choices available for those with gluten allergies. I was very happy that they were able to provide us with a menu dish without the pasta - It was delicious! The other gluten-free dish we had; however, (salmon w/ rice pilaf and asparagus) was not as good, and the salmon did not taste fresh. I would go to NYAJ again, but not more than 2x in one year (due to the lack of options) and I would be hesitant to order the salmon dish again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud Music Ruined a Good dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014We ate at the Medford restaurant on Easter Sunday. We were four adults ranging in age from 20 to 74. We liked our dinners but the loud music made it impossible to carry on a conversation and we were glad to be finished and leave. AnnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencejlmm2389Dined on 4/19/2014Hands down one of the best low key spots around! The service is always great, the food is good and you don't feel pressured to rush out! Overall wonderful experience, I will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great WinedinewithfriendsDined on 4/17/2014OMG the Chardonnay was amazing. The server told us that it's a wine you don't normally carry. My friend and I both ordered it and LOVED it! Unfortunately, I don't remember what it's called. So good! One of my favorite things on your menu is the squash flatbread. I get it every time.Special Features:
- Great MenuInafoodkomaVIPDined on 4/11/2014We go to NYAJs often, as it is in the neighborhood. They have some great items on the regular menu that are favorites of ours (balsamic salmon, scallops, ahi tuna salad to name a few). However, we often try the specials that change monthly. They will customize your order, take out certain ingredients, substitute sides, etc. This is a great and reliable place to go (or to take out from) when you don't feel like cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AS ALWAYS, HAD A DELICIOUS MEALHfrayVIPDined on 4/5/2014Enjoyed time with friends over a delicious meal, with a great waitress.Special Features:
- This visit was an 'Average Joe's'OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/1/2014Always enjoyed dinner at the Medford location but was a little disappointed this time. Our favorite is the homemade bread and oil but the bread was so cold it felt as if it just came out of the freezer. I asked the waitress why it wasn’t warm and was told it gets baked in the morning which is when it’s served warm??? Food tasted good but that too was room temperature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service are fabulous!Food4thoughtDined on 3/28/2014The food and service are fabulous! The homemade bread and olive oil they serve before dinner is so delicious. I love the different varieties of dishes they have on their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLou0326Dined on 3/23/2014The food this time was exceptional . It was the best gluten free chicken picatta I have ever had anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic LunchJimmieTimmyVIPDined on 3/21/2014This was our first time in many years going to Not Your Average Joe's and for the life of us we don't know why it took us so long to return. The menu was full of interesting and unique choices, the atmosphere was friendly and welcoming and our server Jimmie was exceptional. Based on his service and the excellent food (a great value by the way!) we will definitely return very soon.Special Features:
- consistently good food forCityGirl150Dined on 3/16/2014consistently good food for a chain restaurant, service is good, the manager always comes by the table asking if everything was satisfactory and it is always is, nothing not to like about Not Your Average Joe'sSpecial Features:
- Absolutely WonderfulbitsandpiecesVIPDined on 3/13/2014The wait staff was patient (our group of 5 arrived over a half hour window due to traffic), but they seated each of us as we arrived and served appetizers and drinks. The young woman caring for our table was lovely, knowledgeable and professional. Classic NYAJ's bread and olive oil dip were a great starter. The pear salad is a perfect meal. Everyone was really happy. A fun place to gather.Special Features:
- Good dinner with the famMargaritaMarciaDined on 3/10/2014Although the special I was going for (Oysters and Martinis for $6) was not available at this particular NYAJ's, the dinner was good. Their bread is distressingly delicious. I could fill up on it alone. I got the email about the special but didn't see that it was not available in Medford. Oh, well......I like the consistency of the food, the ambiance and aesthetic. The noise isn't overbearinbg so all around a good choice.Special Features: