Not Your Average Joe's Medford
Medford, MA 02155Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Medford
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: (781) 393-9681
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11:30am- 10:00pm
Friday- Saturday 11:30am- 11:00pm
Sunday- 12:00pm- 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ronnie Mosley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer family-style catering as well as a la carte options for groups of any size. We can customise to your liking no matter the size of the group you are trying to feed.
- Special Events: It is that time of year for our Gift Card special.. Receive $10 appreciation card with every $50 Gift card purchase for the holidays..
Looking for the PERFECT place to host your holiday party? Not Your Average Joe's is just the place.. We have a private room available with NO ROOM FEE.. Inquire for details!!
- Cross Street: Route 16
- Public Transit: We are located in the Station Landing Complex, across the Skywalk from the Wellington T stop on the Orange Line.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have parking available at both entrances of the restaurant. There is a 2 hour lot in the center of the complex, as well as a complimentary parking garage located under the building.
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Medford
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Not Your Average Joe's Medford reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (27)kid-friendly (23)great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (12)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (3)romantic (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- A Deceptively Average ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014My wife and I went into the night with a serious craving for two things: A) a cheeseburger B) nachos. There were plenty of restaurants in the area that could accommodate us. It being Friday night, we went to Open Table to see where we could get in without a long wait. Not Your Average Joe's Happened to be conveniently close by, so we decided to try it. I don't have anything wholly positive or negative to say about the ambiance; I thought the metal pseudo-sculptures looked like something out of a "Life is Good" T-shirt, but I don't hold it against them. The hostess was warm and welcoming and our server was very attentive. The food and drinks came out quickly despite the fullness of the restaurant. The bread and oil was pleasant enough. However, that was the end of the meal's enjoyment. Like I said, I had been craving nachos. When we got our plate of large half-a-whole-tortilla chips with some kind of sour creme sauce and a some-avocado-mostly-corn salsa underneath (yeah, underneath), I was immediately underwhelmed. The chicken that came on the nachos claimed to be in a chipotle sauce. I found it strangely sweet, more like a tomato sauce than anything, and definitely inappropriate for the dish. The server asked if it was okay, but I don't think anything using those components could have improved the overall plate. I answered a polite yes and moved on. The burger ended up decent. It came indistinct from the medium rare I requested, faring closer to the sort of well-done burger I would expect from a second-string, not-quite-fast-food family place like Friendly's. Ravenous at this point I didn't care. The bacon and cheddar cheese helped. The tomato and basil soup was okay. In short, the restaurant's name became an increasingly ironic claim as the meal progressed, and I found the entire experience to be barely mediocre. It wasn't even unhealthy enough to fall into the greasy spoon category, which might have saved it.
- Reliable neighborhood gemBairsmomDined on 11/21/2014Susanne our server was terrific. Enjoyed the food and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe's never disappointsBookguiseVIPDined on 11/18/2014Took two friends to NYAJ's who had never been there. Great food. Attentive service. Both were pleased to receive $5 gift card and invitation to join Joe's club at the end of the meal. Maybe they will invite me next time. 😄Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly Great!InafoodkomaVIPDined on 11/15/2014We love NYAJ! We always try their specials which they change often - and if none of the specials appeal to us, their regular menu is fabulous! Patricia is an amazing server - personable, attentive, and knows the menu very well. She has never lead us astray with her recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HurriedHungryDined on 11/15/2014We were pleased with punctuality in seating us. Our reservations were on time. The appetizers took a while which was fine. Unfortunately, entrees arrived shortly afterward. We were rushed to finish appetizers so meal would still be hot & enjoyable. That was not the case. The meal was tasty, but the steak tips & sides were barely warm by the time we started on them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingKathyVIPDined on 11/14/2014There were five people in my party. My meal came out burnt. They offered to bring something else; however it took so long to receive the first meal, I declined. One of the meals offered sautéed veggies but when the meal was brought out, there was a table spoon of mixed veggies on the plate. The food was very disappointing, as was the service.
- Always a great nightMrsMelDined on 11/7/2014As always, we enjoy Not Your Average Joes as our "go to" place. We popped in there on a Friday night and were welcomed by our favorite waiter, Kaio! He sat us right down, remembered our favorite drinks and was wonderful as always! While the restaurant is a chain, it feels like a neighborhood, local place where the staff are all so wonderful. Food was great as always and especially the dessert that our wonderful waiter recommended the apple cina sticks! To die for! We'll be back, of course!Special Features:
- foodjoysDined on 10/23/2014very busy for a Thursday night. We had various appetizers and their signature dipping bread! Delicious. We were rolling our eyes with pleasure sharing the bread pudding dessert. It was perfectly balanced, not too sweet and not too heavy, perfect for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation DelayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014We had an 8:00 reservation for 12. We arrived 10 minutes early but we're not seated until 8:30.
- allaboutfoodDined on 10/18/2014Service was excellent. The food portions were on the smaller side. If you want a more intimate setting, this is not it. It has a more festive atmosphere. Relaxed feelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTerriDined on 10/4/2014Very good food for the price. Great service...very attentive even when crazy busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarryDined on 9/28/2014Very friendly, very good food, good menu, comfortable atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great nightMrsMelDined on 9/27/2014We are regulars at NYAJ and it is becoming our "go to" place! The menu is fun and interesting and yet if you want a simple salad, you can have that too. Having just been there with a group of friends earlier in the week, I was there with family and other friends this evening. I had the same waiter and he remembered what we had for beverages from the previous visit. Very friendly, great food, great value, never rushed out the door!Special Features:
- Fun for a GroupSheWolf04Dined on 9/27/2014If you have a larger group, with a lot of different kinds of eaters, this is a great place! They seated us off to the side, so we almost had our own private room, and kept the drinks and bread coming. It was the perfect place for my friend's birthday! Also, the new menu, which we previewed a bit, looks nifty, and the fall-flavors sangria (what?!) was divine. They even gave us 2 of "that PB thing" (their special ice-cream pie) for FREE for her bday. What MADE the experience, though, was our server - she was fun, bubbly, knowledgable and cool. Overall, not a foodie hotspot or a fancy dinner but a great place for a group of fun friends!Special Features:
- Something for everyoneLoveygourmetDined on 9/27/2014Not Your Average Joes is a decent restaurant with menu selections to satisfy everyone. Food is decent, service is good and prices are right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014I WAS abit dissapointed with the butternut squash papardelle, as the waitress had recommended it. It looked delicious with great ingredients, but seemed to lack flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014The place was hopping. A fun place but both our meals were overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hanger steak with garlic friesKerriC831Dined on 9/5/2014The meat was cooked perfect for me which doesn't always happen often. I prefer well, well done!! They actually did it and I was pleasantly surprised. It was a great dish. Great taste, cooked perfect and the fries that came with it were amazing. Fresh garlic!!!! To die for!!!! I recommend this to everyone. It was well worth it. It was my Birthday and I was impressed that they gave me my whole meal for free and dessert. Great place and lots of fun!!!! Thanks for the awesome dinner.Special Features:
- Tasty and accommodatingdjMedfordDined on 9/2/2014My spouse and I have been semi-regulars at Not Your Average Joe's for several years now. We don't drink, so I can't give the wine list or the bar a proper review. We go for the food. Prices are reasonable, considering the quality of the food, and the seasonal dishes include some surprising and delicious combinations. My favorites include summer's watermelon gazpacho soup and Rhode Island calamari appetizers. My spouse loves the Thai Chicken Lettuce Wrap Appetizer. What brings us back: my spouse has some very special dietary needs, and NYA Joe's has both the capacity and the willingness to accommodate them. We have not found many casual restaurants who can, or will, do that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and PriceKTQ76VIPDined on 9/1/2014The service was great, the food was especially good, and the price was very reasonable. You can't beat it.Special Features:
- NAJs is cool!annaweeDined on 8/31/2014NAJs is a very cool place...when we were there a crying baby was there too! Unfortunately, that puts a bit of a damper on things...however, I do love the food, our waiter was great. I love the decor...I would highly recommend it to anyone for any event or special event! It is a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerFishDined on 8/29/2014I go here often for dinner with friends. Most of the time I order the pan seared fish and it is FANTASTIC. Service always great also!!Special Features:
- Awesome foodPatcopeDined on 8/22/2014The service was outstanding from the front door on through the entire meal. Keylime pie was very good, everyone enjoyed the mealsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 60th birthdaybubbamaDined on 8/22/2014my friend took me to joe's because I love the food,also I am wheelchair bound and the staff is always very kind and helpfulSpecial Features:
- InnaKDined on 8/22/2014As always - Thank you so much for the great time and good food !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our mealMel08Dined on 8/7/2014We had a delicious meal at this restaurant. We thought the food was delicious. Service was a bit slow, but the waitress was really friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Had to send my lunch back as they dressed the salad when I specifically asked that the dressing be "on the side". This is always frustrating because my lunch partner had to (wanted to) wait for my lunch to arrive. Lunch was only OK. Disappointed.Special Features:
- The following 224 reviews are from the Not Your Average Joe's Medford reviews archive.
- Great foodLisaDined on 7/18/2014Haven`t been to Joe`s in a while but I went the other night and it was still as good as before. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. Would def go back!Special Features:
- foodjoysDined on 7/15/2014loved the chicken Oscar, had it over spinach, nice to have options! it was a mellow weeknightSpecial Features:
- Always good food and menu varietyDalton47Dined on 7/10/2014Never have a bad meal here. Wait staff very personable/friendly and always checked in with our table. I never feel rushed to leave when we are there for a meal. In addition, restaurant manager or shift supervisor took the time to see if all was well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedAugust31Dined on 7/5/2014I have been to NYAJs many times and I'm never disappointed with the food, drinks and service. My favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restarauntNAJMEDDined on 7/5/2014we have recommended NAJ to many folks. The specials are very creative and healthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less salt in food would be nice.Love2dineDined on 6/30/2014Like most restaurants it seems salt is a major ingredient. Would like to see less of it. Good was good and will go back but will request no added salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to joeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/26/2014Consistently good food and innovative ideas. Dishes r smaller than before though. But overall reasonably pricedI would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedVegasVIPDined on 6/24/2014Always a reliable restaurant. Good food, good service.Special Features:
- Always a great nightMrsMelDined on 6/20/2014Not Your Average Joes is consistently a great choice. The restaurant is clean, the staff are plentiful and very friendly. The menu is diverse with something for everyone to enjoy. The staff are very helpful, they will explain what something is, make changes for you, very flexible. The start of every meal is bread and oil which is to die for! Highly recommend, and you can reserve a table on Open Table which is nice to know your table is waiting for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice dining experiencefoodjoysDined on 6/18/2014We were a small group seated comfortably. Had appetizers and Wine Wednesday special. Just enough to be able to share the peanut butter dessert. Could just eat the bread and dipping sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014Excellent meal and service. This resturant never fails to disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLou0326Dined on 5/24/2014I normally visit Joe's quite regularly w/ my family & the food is always very good but this time I ordered the chicken picatta & the chicken was very dry & tasteless. I think it was overcooked. I should have sent it back but we were pressed for time. Service was great as usual. One of my favorite restaurants to visit & dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014The management and staff at NYAJ are very good, we have become friends with some of the people working at Medford so it's like coming home for dinner. The food is very good, and the portions don't overwhelm the diner.Special Features: