Not Your Average Joe's Lansdowne
19307 Promenade Drive
Leesburg, VA 20176Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Lansdowne
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nyajoes.com/
- Phone: 5713335637
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Lansdowne
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We're creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Not Your Average Joe's Lansdowne - Best Restaurants in Lansdowne ›
Not Your Average Joe's Lansdowne reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (74)great for lunch (62)kid-friendly (56)great for outdoor dining (50)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (43)special occasion (30)great for brunch (25)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (13)late-night find (10)notable wine list (10)scenic view (3)Show More
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We were seated immediately at an outside table that we had asked for. The food was delicious. Wonderful New England clam chowder, tender pork tenderloin and tasty flounder. We will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceWCatDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful dining experience! I would highly recommend this best kept secret to any one who wants to experience good food and great service.Special Features:
- Great restaurantBettyDined on 8/30/2014Appreciate the choice of both creative and traditional menu items. The salmon was delicious; Kayla's service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okJCW83Dined on 8/16/2014We have eaten here several times and usually leave wishing the food had been better. We had gone in for the lobster roll special and were dissappointed that they were out. The bread and dipping oil is the best. Our appetizers, Flatbread and BBQ ribs were good. However, the Meatloaf was bland and dry, and some of the steak on the wedge salad was gristly and inedible. Our waitress was in such a hurry that after asking if I wanted an appetizer, ran off without asking my husband if he wanted anything. This happened again when checking if we wanted dessert. We may go back for the bar and appetizers, since it's so close to home.
- Service Needs WorkGEO11001001VIPDined on 8/15/2014Waited for dirty plates to be removed for over 25 minutes. A different waiter finally came by and asked us if we were done. Walked away and never took the plates, never asked about desert, or coffee, anything. 10 more minutes went by, first waiter finally came back by, took our dirty plates and gave us our check. I felt like, 'Thanks for coming, now get out."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/12/2014I took advantage of their birthday coupon for a free entree and dessert and wasn't disappointed! I had a fabulous dinner celebrating my birthday with a dear friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Great spot for family outings.Once you sign up, on your birthday you receive a free entree & dessert. They take reservations and can handle large groups. Service is very friendly and responsive. They encourage you to order your selection modified to your taste(e.g.: swap sides, sauce on the side, ect.). Food is served hot and as ordered. The manager seems really interested in receiving your opinions and suggestions.Special Features:
- Dining experiencehpaul29Dined on 8/8/2014Our waitress was absolutely divine, she listened ,asked and was very friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5th Wedding Anniversary at JoesCruisingbuddiesDined on 8/8/2014My husband & I along with our dear friends from NC enjoyed a most wonderful dinner at Joe's last Friday night, Aug. 8th. Michael was our server and he was absolutely the "BEST" for taking care of the 4 of us. What can I say, Joe's food & drinks are the TASTIEST & GREATEST in Loudoun County!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly greatAndrewDined on 8/7/2014Love the focaccia with olive oil and parmesan that is brought to the table when you are seated. I had the fisherman's stew, which was okay. I personally would have made the sauce/broth a little creamier and/or thicker with a little more lobster flavor. This was the ONLY time I have ever been even a little disappointed with the food. Our waitress was a complete professional! She was attentive, friendly, and polite without being intrusive. She could give lessons to wait-staff everywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShelliVIPDined on 8/5/2014Excellent service and delicious food! I've eaten here twice in 3 days. My guests and I have enjoyed veggie spring rolls, cobb and caesar salads, jambalaya, and I loved the delicious dipping oil and bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding, creative AmericanNeenDined on 8/3/2014This was my first visit and I wanted to try EVERYTHING on the menu! Will be back as soon as I get a chance! Bill was relatively inexpensive, too! :)Special Features:
- Fun dinnerBettyDined on 8/2/2014NYAJ is a fun, casual restaurant with creative, good food. Prices are moderate. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014We have eaten here many time and are never disappointed. They serve consistently good food in a friendly, courteous, clean environment. It was nice that they had a gluten free dessert for my guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a group of 11 people.JnLMcDDined on 7/29/2014We had a group of 11 people. The staff was wonderful. The waiter had no issues in providing separate checks for us. They even got our order served correctly to each member of our group. The food was excellent. I had the steak tips, which were cooked perfectly. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceTrekevDined on 7/27/2014Absolutely fantastic place to eat. Went there on a date and the service was spot on. Our waitress was attentive and timely, the food came out quickly. I had the Mango Chicken Kebobs, they were great but the portions were a little small. The wine was good too. The downsides were the situation on the patio outside. it was a little crowded and there were a ton of flies and insects buzzing around while I was trying to enjoy my meal. The table next to me had a birthday part with several children and they were FREAKING OUT about the insects. However, the manager handled it very professionally and with a lot of tact.Special Features:
- love this place!ChristineODined on 7/26/2014I've never had a bad experience here. Love the servers, food, and management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a Bad Meal HerebrownieoneVIPDined on 7/26/2014Second time dining at this Lansdowne location and we were once again not disappointed. The nice thing about Not Your Average Joe's is the always changing seasonal/special menu. Really we can just stick to that and have a unique and awesome meal. (Regular menu is varied and delicious too though.) Thanks again and we will see you shortly.Special Features:
- always excellentJackieDined on 7/25/2014I'm a regular customer at Not Your Average Joe's, and they never fail to provide a fantastic dining experience! The food is always excellent; bar drinks are perfectly made. Their summer sangrias are always the best I've had. The food is always cooked to perfection, and the wait staff is friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. On top of all that, their prices are excellent! I'll always recommend them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not GREAT.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2014Went for dinner outside on their patio. Food was good but not great. We went there for their Gluten Free Menu which was extensive and that is reason enough for my family to go because that is hard to find. I am a big "restaurant snob" - if it's not better than I would make at home, I'd rather stay in. This was good but, one thing I could not get past was that we asked for butter for our gluten free bread basket and it came in a dirty dish and was partially melted, partially not. Not appealing and kind of set the mood. Again - I realize that is picky but, dirty dishes make me wonder....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer Sunday LunchAnnetastesDined on 7/20/2014Sitting beside the lovely flowers on the terrace, we enjoyed a delicious and filling lunch. A really good option in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lax54VIPDined on 7/18/2014The menu does a great job at making the food come across as flavorful and delicious. Unfortunately, the execution is bland and unattractive. Don't waste your time with the underwhelming offerings at this restaurant.
- email@example.comDined on 7/18/2014First time I ate there, we had a group of 7. Food was very good, and the desserts to die for.Special Features:
- BmalzVIPDined on 6/27/2014Best meal we have had out in a long time!!! Everything was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with an ecclectice menuJAMSINVADined on 6/22/2014Really enjoyed our dinner here. It was a return visit for a birthday celebration and my hubby had to try something new for his meal while I stuck with a dish I had previously and loved. Only sad thing was that we ordered an appetizer that never showed up and when my salad came out first, that should have been the tip-off. Our waiter came back to check on us as I was finishing the salad & we asked about the appetizer....turns out someone else had taken it to a different table. (That's the problem with multiple food servers...sigh) Needless to say, we were sad we didn't get the appetizer we ordered, but it was removed from the bill, so all was well.) Food/Drinks were good & refills were plentiful. Peanut Butter Thing Dessert was yummo!Special Features:
- Summer SupperMarkDined on 6/20/2014Food choices and quality were very good. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Unexpected excellencegr8foodDined on 6/20/2014We took our daughter and her family to dinner and were delighted to have a waiter who was so friendly to the children, knew the menu like the back of his hand, made excellent recommendations and handled special requests with a lot of grace. All of us, even the six year old, are looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceMactommyDined on 6/15/2014We really like Not Your Average Joe and have gone there several times. The food is good the the service we believe is outstanding. We seem to learn something new each time we go. The service is good the the manager will stop and say hello.Special Features:
- Great evolving menubrownieoneVIPDined on 6/15/2014Six of us dined tonight and no two people ordered the same entree. All were hits! They apparently have a revolving specials menu, switching it up monthly, and there is plenty there to order that you don't have to even touch their very interesting normal menu. Prices weren't too bad either for this quality of cuisine. We'll be back.Special Features:
- We just love Joe'sMamaJamesDined on 6/15/2014It is always good, period. Food, ambience, service- it is beyond good, it's wonderful. That's why we keep going back! The menu is constantly experiencing slight changes which are just enough to be interesting, not jarring, and every bite is always delicious. How do they do it?Special Features:
- Robert was spectacularBlondegirlDined on 6/13/2014We had Robert G. for our server. He had very good knowledge of the menu because he had personally tried the dishes. He was very accomodating and had excellent energy and personality. He is by far the BEST server we have had to date. I did give the manager feed back Friday evening because I know all to well that people only comment when things don't go right. Robert was FANTASTIC and he made our experience so enjoyable.Special Features:
- Good RestaurantkayceeintulsaVIPDined on 6/2/2014Great menu that appeals to one and all. Always adding new items while updating favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdayDined on 5/31/2014The food is knowhere near as good as it used to be. Don't know if they have a new chef.Special Features:
- Service was great!ArgonautVIPDined on 5/28/2014We eat here pretty regularly but haven't been in since the menu changed in the last few weeks. Our server, A-DUBS (Alex Wayne ...) recommended the chicken. I had decided to have the pork. When I ordered the pork, A-DUBS told me the pork was sold out, so I decided to try the chicken. It was an outstanding choice! My wife had the always-good meatloaf. Alex was attentive, cheerful, helpful - an outstanding server. Food overall was good. It was a bit noisy, but not oppressive. We always enjoy the good cooking, reasonable servings, and friendly atmosphere. A five!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 425 reviews are from the Not Your Average Joe's Lansdowne reviews archive.
- Just Above AverageJaxwallDined on 5/16/2014This was not our first visit to Joe's . . . we were lured in by the email and $10 coupon to try the new spring menu items. We were disappointed that there was not a "non avocado" salsa option for the nachos - my husband is allergic to avocado, so we didn't order this item. We did get the Cod and Crab Cake which was delicious. It seems that the college crew is home for the summer and waiting tables here. With such generous portion sizes, my husband and I typically order an appetizer, an entree to split, and add on the side salad.Special Features:
- Nice find!MPB54Dined on 5/11/2014Stumbled upon this using Open Table app. Based on a quick look at their menu I was anxious to try it out. We went on Mother's day so place was packed. We had a reservation and walked right to our table in as planned. Service was really a surprise and everyone was quick and very professional. Seemed higher level than I expected based on price range. I loved the bread, and flavor of the cheese and oil/spice dip setup while you chat and catchup. We had seven in the party and everyone tried a different entrée so we got a good look and test of the variety offered (still a few more I'm now anxious to go back and try!). Food was fantastic and delivered to the table in a very reasonable turn. I'll be back - soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayBlondegirlDined on 5/11/2014My husband took me out for Mother's Day and it was a wonderful experience. The food was delicious and the strawberry shortcake was hands down the best I have EVER had. Hit the spot for sure.Special Features:
- Terrible FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Food was terrible. Went for Mother's Day and just expected better food.Special Features:
- Great for food allergiesfoodallergy228Dined on 5/11/2014My mom has some hard dietary restrictions (gluten and dairy), and it is so hard to find a restaurant where she has appetizing choices. I took her here for Mother's Day and we were not disappointed. They have a huge gluten free menu, and they were also very sensitive to making other changes. Even though our order was somewhat complex (change of dressing on salad, change of chicken, witholding cheese, gluten free bread, dipping oil without parmesan), they accomplished it perfectly the first time-- that's never happened before. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The menu is not overwhelming and the food and service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.