Not Your Average Joe's Lansdowne
19307 Promenade Drive
Leesburg, VA 20176Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Lansdowne
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nyajoes.com/
- Phone: (571) 333-5637
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Lansdowne
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We're creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Not Your Average Joe's Lansdowne - Best Restaurants in Lansdowne ›
Not Your Average Joe's Lansdowne reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)great for lunch (45)kid-friendly (43)good for groups (42)fit for foodies (32)great for outdoor dining (29)special occasion (26)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (16)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (7)late-night find (6)romantic (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- VisitorsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014I'm from upstate N.Y. And when I have visitors, I always bring them to your restaurant for either lunch or dinner. I have been there several times and have not had a problem with anything. I so enjoy your seasonal Sangria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely not average!ScottyDined on 11/18/2014Not your average Joe's has a very nice well rounded menu. The menu has something for everyone from pizza and burgers to hanger steak, Salmon and specialty dishes. The service is very good and there is plenty of parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Before dinner bread was rock hard, but when we asked for a replacement basket, oven-fresh delicious bread was brought to our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for lunchCaverVIPDined on 11/14/2014We go here a lot Anderson the food is consistently good. If there is a problem, the management always makes it right. We love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please never close your restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014I have eaten takeout from Not Your Average Joe's many times and always loved it, however, this was only my second time actually eating at the restaurant. The food was amazing as usual, but what I really loved was the staff :D Everyone, from the hostesses to the wait staff to the chef did a tremendously wonderful job. There was a change in the number of people I had listed for the reservation, but they fixed it for me in no time :) The wait staff was also extremely kind and helpful with making dinner comfortable for me and my guests. They also took the time to help me find a meal that was nut free and made sure to let the chef know of the allergy! OUTSTANDING service! Every member of the staff deserves a raise and large tips :)Special Features:
- Good Neighborhood RestaurantkayceeintulsaVIPDined on 11/1/2014Always enjoy Joe's. Menu is varied and can always find something that appeals to everyone in group.Special Features:
- Always good foodUswineguyDined on 10/25/2014We go to Not Your Average Joes at least once a month- it's one of our favorites. This particular night, service was off.... Very slow and unattentive. Had to flag someone down for drink refills, to clear plates and for prett much whatever we needed. Pretty sure we just caught a server having a bad night since this was the first time the service has ever been bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed Octoberfest menuTomNVIPDined on 10/18/2014THis was the second time going in two weeks. I first met a business colleague and then took my wife. Both times were very good. I especially enjoyed the Octoberfest menu and the beer selection!Special Features:
- Here chick, chickBigAlVIPDined on 10/12/2014As a visitor to the DC area I have tried NJYAJ twice. Both time have been wonderful. This time I had the Pecan Chicken. The giant chicken breast were coated perfectly and the juicy flavor made me want seconds. The veggies with the chicken, which is usually an afterthought at most places, were incredible. I didn't know you could make average Green Beans and Carrots taste so good with such little effort. Plain and simple, just like the name, But more than average...My one problem was the peanut butter pie. Although very good, I am not a Chocolate person, so I would have loved a little more Peanut Butter in the pie. But, Not Your Average Joes is just that. Not Average, but Above Average.Special Features:
- Service Needs ImprovementGEO11001001VIPDined on 10/11/2014Although our server was very pleasant, he needs training in serving wine (e.g., show the bottle, open it, pour a bit for tasting, once accepted, pour the rest of the party). Additionally, he wanted to drop off the check without asking about desert. Typically, I would think this as being a revenue generating opportunity. So, we felt a little rushed out. This has happened before. We feel like there is a lack in training of the servers.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnernyajdinerDined on 10/10/2014We love going to NYAJoe's and celebrate alot of our family events there. It was no surprise as to where my husband and I would celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary. Our server was amazing. she knew the menu and specials and she was very attentive to all of our needs and request. The food was outstanding as usual - both our usual dishes that we ordered and one of the specials. Thank you Joe's for yet another incredible dining experience.Special Features:
- Good food and great servicemfrankVIPDined on 10/10/2014Overall our experience at Not your average Joe's was good. I found the service to be very good, our waiter was very prompt in providing service and very friendly and ready to explain the menu. Overall the food was pretty good. They had a special Octoberfest menu which had a lot of interesting dishes. Some of the dishes sounded better then they actually turned out but overall the food was good. This is a great place to bring children. They were very accommodating for us as we had a baby in a carrier with us and they were sure to seat us in a booth that would fit the car seat. Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantPatrickDined on 10/9/2014Great restaurant with good service. I am a bit disappointed in the quality of the food, which seems to be a recent issue.Special Features:
- Garlic Bread Dip to Die for!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I will go back for the garlic, parmesan, oil bread dip alone! The first time I went, my salmon dish was great. This time though, the canneloni I had was a little off. My husband thought gluten free mexican/italian pasta was a little odd. He used to be a chef and wasn't sure where they were going with the flavors. He was SUPER pleased with the gluten free selection. Best selection we have ever seen from this area. We will definitely return and try another dish.Special Features:
- Better than evermadetomunchDined on 9/21/2014My most recent experience at NYAJ's was my best yet. The food was fresh, delicious and delivered hot to the table. The service was outstanding - our server went out of her way to to make it a memorable experience. We enjoyed it tremendously, and it was an excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodrainycitynativeDined on 9/19/2014Our server was just outstanding! She was friendly, nice, and accommodating with just the right amount of banter. The timing on her check-ins were spot on. In addition to her, we had 2 different floor managers check in with us to ensure all was good. Again, these were not intrusions but very well timed, sincere inquires to ensure all was good. The food itself was delicious. They start your meal with delicious warm bread and an olive oil dip with parmesan cheese and spices! Try not to fill up on it before your dinner gets there! We both ordered the Steak Wedge, hanger steak (cooked perfectly) with the iceberg lettuce. We will return with alone and with friends often!Special Features:
- will get a second chanceOsolocoDined on 9/17/2014Here before & not had issues. This trip 1 entree was just not up to usual standards. Manager asked if it was ok & we said it was just so-so. Comped the entree & threw in dessert. Other entree was good but I wouldn't say great. Recall the food here being better in the past, so not sure if the kitchen was having an off night or what. Wait staff were polite, but not as attentive as they could have been. At 1 point, a waiter passing by aggressively refilled my iced tea with water & then had to go get another iced tea. Our original waiter spoke so fast, we could barely understand him. Another wait person brought out 1 dessert but seemed bewildered that there was supposed to be a 2nd. Staff need to be more attentive, not just be fast.
- My birthday dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014We really enjoyed the Coconut Shrimp and the Lamb Slider appetizers. My husband liked his Haddock fish & chips, but I was very disappointed with my Mona Lisa Salad. Too much of a too heavy dressing which sogged up the greens and then topped with some rather unappealing deep fried chicken chunks. I guess I expected a nice juicy parmesan crusted chicken breast, sliced and fanned out on the salad. Nope. Not what I hoped for my 60th birthday. Maybe this was a bad day and the kitchen ran out of nice chicken breasts? We have had wonderful meals previously and the service is generally attentive so we will most likely be back to try again.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerAllyDined on 9/13/2014We were seated immediately at an outside table that we had asked for. The food was delicious. Wonderful New England clam chowder, tender pork tenderloin and tasty flounder. We will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceWCatDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful dining experience! I would highly recommend this best kept secret to any one who wants to experience good food and great service.Special Features:
- Great restaurantBettyDined on 8/30/2014Appreciate the choice of both creative and traditional menu items. The salmon was delicious; Kayla's service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okJCW83Dined on 8/16/2014We have eaten here several times and usually leave wishing the food had been better. We had gone in for the lobster roll special and were dissappointed that they were out. The bread and dipping oil is the best. Our appetizers, Flatbread and BBQ ribs were good. However, the Meatloaf was bland and dry, and some of the steak on the wedge salad was gristly and inedible. Our waitress was in such a hurry that after asking if I wanted an appetizer, ran off without asking my husband if he wanted anything. This happened again when checking if we wanted dessert. We may go back for the bar and appetizers, since it's so close to home.
- Service Needs WorkGEO11001001VIPDined on 8/15/2014Waited for dirty plates to be removed for over 25 minutes. A different waiter finally came by and asked us if we were done. Walked away and never took the plates, never asked about desert, or coffee, anything. 10 more minutes went by, first waiter finally came back by, took our dirty plates and gave us our check. I felt like, 'Thanks for coming, now get out."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/12/2014I took advantage of their birthday coupon for a free entree and dessert and wasn't disappointed! I had a fabulous dinner celebrating my birthday with a dear friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Great spot for family outings.Once you sign up, on your birthday you receive a free entree & dessert. They take reservations and can handle large groups. Service is very friendly and responsive. They encourage you to order your selection modified to your taste(e.g.: swap sides, sauce on the side, ect.). Food is served hot and as ordered. The manager seems really interested in receiving your opinions and suggestions.Special Features:
- Dining experiencehpaul29Dined on 8/8/2014Our waitress was absolutely divine, she listened ,asked and was very friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5th Wedding Anniversary at JoesCruisingbuddiesDined on 8/8/2014My husband & I along with our dear friends from NC enjoyed a most wonderful dinner at Joe's last Friday night, Aug. 8th. Michael was our server and he was absolutely the "BEST" for taking care of the 4 of us. What can I say, Joe's food & drinks are the TASTIEST & GREATEST in Loudoun County!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly greatAndrewDined on 8/7/2014Love the focaccia with olive oil and parmesan that is brought to the table when you are seated. I had the fisherman's stew, which was okay. I personally would have made the sauce/broth a little creamier and/or thicker with a little more lobster flavor. This was the ONLY time I have ever been even a little disappointed with the food. Our waitress was a complete professional! She was attentive, friendly, and polite without being intrusive. She could give lessons to wait-staff everywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShelliVIPDined on 8/5/2014Excellent service and delicious food! I've eaten here twice in 3 days. My guests and I have enjoyed veggie spring rolls, cobb and caesar salads, jambalaya, and I loved the delicious dipping oil and bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding, creative AmericanNeenDined on 8/3/2014This was my first visit and I wanted to try EVERYTHING on the menu! Will be back as soon as I get a chance! Bill was relatively inexpensive, too! :)Special Features:
- Fun dinnerBettyDined on 8/2/2014NYAJ is a fun, casual restaurant with creative, good food. Prices are moderate. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014We have eaten here many time and are never disappointed. They serve consistently good food in a friendly, courteous, clean environment. It was nice that they had a gluten free dessert for my guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a group of 11 people.JnLMcDDined on 7/29/2014We had a group of 11 people. The staff was wonderful. The waiter had no issues in providing separate checks for us. They even got our order served correctly to each member of our group. The food was excellent. I had the steak tips, which were cooked perfectly. We will be back!Special Features:
- The following 445 reviews are from the Not Your Average Joe's Lansdowne reviews archive.
- Great Food, Great ServiceTrekevDined on 7/27/2014Absolutely fantastic place to eat. Went there on a date and the service was spot on. Our waitress was attentive and timely, the food came out quickly. I had the Mango Chicken Kebobs, they were great but the portions were a little small. The wine was good too. The downsides were the situation on the patio outside. it was a little crowded and there were a ton of flies and insects buzzing around while I was trying to enjoy my meal. The table next to me had a birthday part with several children and they were FREAKING OUT about the insects. However, the manager handled it very professionally and with a lot of tact.Special Features:
- love this place!ChristineODined on 7/26/2014I've never had a bad experience here. Love the servers, food, and management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a Bad Meal HerebrownieoneVIPDined on 7/26/2014Second time dining at this Lansdowne location and we were once again not disappointed. The nice thing about Not Your Average Joe's is the always changing seasonal/special menu. Really we can just stick to that and have a unique and awesome meal. (Regular menu is varied and delicious too though.) Thanks again and we will see you shortly.Special Features:
- always excellentJackieDined on 7/25/2014I'm a regular customer at Not Your Average Joe's, and they never fail to provide a fantastic dining experience! The food is always excellent; bar drinks are perfectly made. Their summer sangrias are always the best I've had. The food is always cooked to perfection, and the wait staff is friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. On top of all that, their prices are excellent! I'll always recommend them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not GREAT.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2014Went for dinner outside on their patio. Food was good but not great. We went there for their Gluten Free Menu which was extensive and that is reason enough for my family to go because that is hard to find. I am a big "restaurant snob" - if it's not better than I would make at home, I'd rather stay in. This was good but, one thing I could not get past was that we asked for butter for our gluten free bread basket and it came in a dirty dish and was partially melted, partially not. Not appealing and kind of set the mood. Again - I realize that is picky but, dirty dishes make me wonder....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer Sunday LunchAnnetastesDined on 7/20/2014Sitting beside the lovely flowers on the terrace, we enjoyed a delicious and filling lunch. A really good option in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lax54VIPDined on 7/18/2014The menu does a great job at making the food come across as flavorful and delicious. Unfortunately, the execution is bland and unattractive. Don't waste your time with the underwhelming offerings at this restaurant.