Not Your Average Joe's Hyannis
793 Iyannough Road
Hyannis, MA 02601Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Hyannis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: 5087781424
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Luciano Da Silva
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Hyannis
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Not Your Average Joe's Hyannis - Best Restaurants in Hyannis ›
Not Your Average Joe's Hyannis reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)great for lunch (35)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (32)kid-friendly (30)special occasion (14)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (9)romantic (8)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)notable wine list (6)Show More
- Great local restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/18/2014"Joe's" is a consistently enjoyable destination after mall shopping (inside of Cape Cod Mall) or for lunch or dinner on any day. The ingredients are always fresh and the innovative menu changes with the season. The current Oktoberfest menu is paired with great wines and beers from Germany. The Managers and Wait Staff are always helpful and friendly. I strongly recommend reservations on Friday and Saturday nights. TheSpecial Features:
- A Great FindJohnDined on 10/12/2014Had dinner here with my family in October. Food was excellent, atmosphere was wonderful and the service was outstanding. A nice place.Special Features:
- Cape Cod Mall DestinationTraceyDined on 10/11/2014If you would like to combine your dining experience with some shopping in Hyannis, this is the place for you. I arrived here on a busy Saturday evening, thankfully with reservations from Open Table. I found an appealing menu selection especially considering that this is a chain restaurant. I had the mustard coated chicken with the panko crust which was very good, crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. The prices are reasonable especially for the generous portions. My guest found the waiter surly. However, I did not feel the same. This restaurant or any of their other locations will be worth a visit.Special Features:
- unexpected choicesscribeDined on 10/10/2014From the bread basket, seasonal drinks and menu that can give some unexpected choices, it was more than we expected!Special Features:
- Fall Menu needs AdjustmentCH21Dined on 10/10/2014We love Not Your Average Joes. However, our visit was a big disappointment. Every item we tried on the new menu had a problem!Special Features:
- seenyasistaDined on 10/9/2014Only negative criticism would be the placing of tables by the window. All traffic goes up and down that aisle. There were no booths available or I would have asked for one. Perhaps the powers that be can come up with a plan whereby those dining at tables need not have to watch/get rubbed against by diners coming up and down the aisle to be seated or to exit. I reiterate, this is my only negative criticism.Special Features:
- jrice003VIPDined on 10/7/2014Our server Natalia was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinner!!KAMcKeonDined on 10/5/2014Decided to take advantage of the birthday coupon (for entrée & dessert) at the Hyannis restaurant... had been there previously and loved it. Saw the emails for the October specials and was looking forward to a great meal... had requested Jim as our waiter and he could not have been more wonderful - he recommended several of the new items and every one was fabulous!! I can't say enough about what a great experience it was at Joe's... NYAJ is becoming one of my favorite places to go!!Special Features:
- Vegetarian FriendlyPOKappDined on 9/26/2014On Cape Cod there's not many places that offer specifically vegetarian options. Not Your Average Joe's does and they are delicious! They go way beyond the typical "I don't know what you people eat" salads and veggie burgers. I had incredibly delicious fresh pasta with hazelnuts and filling made of pure heaven. It was great. I would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jrice003VIPDined on 9/26/2014As always, our food was well prepared and tasted excellent. Our server Natalia was very courteous and attentive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014The food and service were very good but we were seated directly in from the the cooking area and it was very loud with lots of servers buzzing about, but the food and our server Sara, made up for it. Special stuffed canoloni was excellent and so was the carrot cake. It was a nice birthday celebration.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWFionaVIPDined on 9/18/2014I always think of NYAJ's as a chain but I was blown away by the food I had in your Hyannis location. Quite simply - it could have been served at any one of the fine dining establishments on Cape Cod or in Boston. It was just amazing. My young grand daughter wanted steak and ate every bit on her plate. Our server was wonderful - chatty - and had patience with the young one. We left trying to figure out when we could get back!! Your restaurants always put out a good meal at a fair price but this flounder was amazingSpecial Features:
- Fun restaurantsHealthyMomDined on 9/6/2014This is a step up from the typical chain restaurants. The food is fresher and the drinks are very good. The service here was really good in spite of the place being really busy.Special Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014I had eaten at a Not Your Average Joe's when on a business trip so I was glad to find one while on vacation. We had a great dinner, service was excellent! Drinks, dessert wonderful as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small glitchMikeyDined on 8/27/2014We are regulars and had a good meal. The sirloin tips were good but the softball sized pile of mashed potatoes was cold and dry as well as unusually dark in color. Waitress was extremely busy so I couldn't get it replaced. Pizza was good but stingy on the sausage.Special Features:
- PerfectTonyLDined on 8/25/2014I have been a patron of Not Your Average Joe's for many years. Never a disappointment and some of the most eclectic food anywhere. A true gem and in my book 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetoeatoutDined on 8/23/2014went here to celebrate my hubby's birthday - both of us had delicious steak dinners - i also ordered clam chowder which is one of my favorites - we often dine at NYAJ and have been to many locations - always have great food - i must mention that apart from the wonderful dinner we experienced, we had the best service from "Ben" - he was so friendly and attentiive and will ask for him when we go back again - we felt it necessary to tell the manager "Douglas" who also was so nice and professional - we had the best time and definitely will go back to this location - thank you again for a wonderful birthday for my hubby!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining ExperiencegreatexperienceDined on 8/16/2014Never eaten here before - loved it. Will definitely go back and will recommend this restaurant to all my family and friends!!!!!!! Food was amazing. Service outstanding. AWESOME!Special Features:
- Always gooddavescatVIPDined on 8/15/2014NYAJ is favorite stop when passing through Hyannis. Nice menu with spicy and gluten free options and surprising specials. Mall location with parking and a walk after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable quality moderately pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/12/2014We eat here probably 6 times a year and each time the service is good food is above average wine selection is good and price is reasonable. Consistent favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant and colorful...RHP1955Dined on 8/11/2014After a tiring day, we found a lively and upbeat place for comfort food with some really concerned servers and manager. We were 4 in the family, and felt immediately welcome and understood. The manager himself brought out some warm gluten-free bread even though that was not requested or ordered. Anything we asked for was promptly served, even if it was not on the menu. The server, Nicole, was attentive and responsive and pleasant. The place has a large menu, and an even larger heart. Perfect place for a family style dinner place. I only wish it was located on Main Street in Hyannis and not in a strip shopping mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual, excellent service.RoadWarriorVIPDined on 8/11/2014Great location for lunch. Right in the mall parking lot. Food options good. Service good.Special Features:
- Great again!RuthDined on 8/9/2014We tried this restaurant for the first time in late June and loved it! We've now been back 2 more times and still love it! A winner!Special Features:
- Great FoodStargazer04Dined on 8/9/2014We had six different entrees at our table and all said they were delicious! Nice variety of choices. Interesting list of unusual mixed drinks. Food reasonably priced. Tried the watermelon gazpacho last visit; liked it so much I found the recipe and made it myself! Very accommodating staff. Definitely will go back!Special Features:
- salupazzDined on 8/5/2014Great bread before meal-decent food at economical pricesSpecial Features:
- Happy BirthdayCCTGDined on 8/4/2014We had a very nice complimentary entree and dessert provided by NYAJ. Loved the chicken caprese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than anticipatedLizSVIPDined on 8/2/2014Wasn't sure what we woukd find but overall it was just fine. Very ample portions. Only teo suggestions: more spicing and please serve the craft brews a little warmer. Service was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- jrice003VIPDined on 7/31/2014Our food was excellent. Our server Natalia was very friendly and attentive. Another very positive dining experience at Not Your Average Joe's!Special Features:
- Reliably good and varieddavescatVIPDined on 7/27/2014New global menu was a hit for new flavors, local veggies and spices. My husband appreciates the gluten free items. We go several times a year, and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dsib1947Dined on 7/22/2014We were pleased with the food and the service. We had theater tickets and were on a tight schedule. The restaurant dealt with this very well. Tried the watermelon tomato gazpacho. It was delicious. The key lime pie was excellent. Would come back again.
- A great Cape restaurant!ChefRoddyDined on 7/19/2014While vacationing in Brewster, we decided to make the ride to NYAJ in Hyannis, since we love their restaurants back home in the Boston area. We were not disappointed. We all really enjoyed our meals, but especially, our server Tara, who had a great personality and treated us like patrons, and not Cape tourists. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lmeoncapecodDined on 7/17/2014Our restaurant of choice for many years. The menu changes each season. Food is always fresh and homemade. The wait staff is superb.Special Features:
- Great food, atmosphere and service!willbbackDined on 7/15/2014The hostess had a warm/friendly greeting, which set the tone for the excellent service we received. It was exciting to see the restaurant packed with a variety of people - families/families with children, couples, summer visitors and locals. We knew we were at the "in-place" and thoroughly enjoyed it! I loved when the manager made his rounds to each table to say "hi" and get feedback from customers that everything was ok.....SUCH a nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have never had a bad time!msfoodieDined on 7/14/2014I go to NYAJ a lot and love their menu. I must say that the anniversary menu was soooo good. They should bring back some of those dishes back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!RuthDined on 7/12/2014Great food, great service, great menu and great overall experience!Special Features:
- Excellent Gluten Free MenuEpicurus1Dined on 7/12/2014Great gluten free Thai chicken lettuce wrap appetizers. Tasty gluten free rosemary skewered seared scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cape CodAugust2014Dined on 7/11/2014We were staying at the Days Inn Hyannis next to Cape Cod Mall and this was very convenient for us to walk over for dinner. The specials, an entree plus either an appetizer or dessert was well worth it for $20. We ordered the grilled salmon with an appetizer, and the sirloin tips with a dessert and had more than enough to share for 3 adults and 3 kids. Clam chowder was surprisingly good. Two kids meal of burger and an adult pasta entree completed our meals.Special Features:
- Another great experienceJimmazVIPDined on 7/10/2014We had a great dinner with a wide variety of options. One member of our party has a gluten allergy and to our surprise they have a whole different menu for GF options complete with GF beer. All four of us enjoyed our meal and the great service.Special Features:
- AveragePaulPVIPDined on 7/3/2014Very average Joe's. Food was average and service was average
- Birthday lunchPattyEDined on 7/3/2014We had excellent service from the hostess and waitress. The food was delicious and the dessert was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.