Not Your Average Joe's Hyannis
793 Iyannough Road
Hyannis, MA 02601Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Hyannis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: (508) 778-1424
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Luciano Da Silva
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Hyannis
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Not Your Average Joe's Hyannis - Best Restaurants in Hyannis ›
Not Your Average Joe's Hyannis reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (25)great for lunch (25)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (22)special occasion (8)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (6)notable wine list (4)romantic (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent Gluten Free MenuEpicurus1Dined on 7/12/2014Great gluten free Thai chicken lettuce wrap appetizers. Tasty gluten free rosemary skewered seared scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cape CodAugust2014Dined on 7/11/2014We were staying at the Days Inn Hyannis next to Cape Cod Mall and this was very convenient for us to walk over for dinner. The specials, an entree plus either an appetizer or dessert was well worth it for $20. We ordered the grilled salmon with an appetizer, and the sirloin tips with a dessert and had more than enough to share for 3 adults and 3 kids. Clam chowder was surprisingly good. Two kids meal of burger and an adult pasta entree completed our meals.Special Features:
- Another great experienceJimmazVIPDined on 7/10/2014We had a great dinner with a wide variety of options. One member of our party has a gluten allergy and to our surprise they have a whole different menu for GF options complete with GF beer. All four of us enjoyed our meal and the great service.Special Features:
- AveragePaulPVIPDined on 7/3/2014Very average Joe's. Food was average and service was average
- Birthday lunchPattyEDined on 7/3/2014We had excellent service from the hostess and waitress. The food was delicious and the dessert was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always worth itRichardDined on 7/1/2014Whenever we are in Hyannis, Not Your Average Joe's is a definite stop. Food and service are consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYAJ's is perfect!TonyLDined on 6/30/2014We discovered Not Your Avergae Joe's maybe 15 years ago and have been regulars ever since. From the perfect martini's, to the great eclectic food, and the over the top service and energy, this restaurant has never disappointed. Steve S, the CEO is ALWAYS available for comments and concerns! We travel 30 miles each week to dine here, so this must say something for a restaurant to earn our dining out dollars! Thanks again Steve for all the hard work that you and your staff put into OUR restaurant!Special Features:
- Great PlaceJacks185Dined on 6/28/2014Not Your Average Joe's is located in the Cape Cod Mall, Hyannis MA with outside entrance. Great food and drink with outstanding staff and floor managers. Never had a bad meal there. Nice bar area that always has a nice crowd. We always make it a point to go there on our trips to Cape CodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!RuthDined on 6/28/2014We've been going to the Cape for years and never noticed this restaurant. Found it because of Open Table and we both LOVED everything about this restaurant! Fantastic food, waiter and ambiance! We'll be back there soon! Thanks Open Table for introducing us to this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent!JaniceVIPDined on 6/28/2014Creative Menu ..Love the 3 sizes you can get in wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Good overall dining experienceLarueDined on 6/26/2014Good overall dining experience. Even if connected to the mall, it is much better than the average mall restaurant. We just had drinks and appetizers which were very good. Service was great!! Recommended if you are just looking for a place to go, catch up and enjoy a light meal!Special Features:
- Great, but not as good as othersscram1017Dined on 6/26/2014We always enjoy ourselves at the bar at this AverageJoe's, but this time wasn't as great as others. Our bartender was not very friendly and our food took quite some time. There was also no AC in the bathrooms, and they looked to not have been cleaned that day. The AC in the restaurant itself we don't think was working right, and overall we believe they were just having an off day. We will still be coming back, but hopefully everything will be in better condition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night, good food.gia611Dined on 6/20/2014You can never go wrong at this place. Food, drinks and service top notch. Husband loved his haddock and my goat cheese salad was excellent. Don't forget the yummy bread and the peanut butter thing for dessert! Always an enjoyable evening for dinner. Other restaraunts should follow how Joe's handles service. The key to a good restaraunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HallsyladyDined on 6/15/2014Our waitress was very friendly and efficient. One of the dinners came with a very different cole slaw which we all loved and I asked waitress to ask chef if I could have the ingredients and he gave them to me. Can't wait to try to make it myself. I love the fact you can purchase a small carafe of wine (a glass and a half) which is the perfect amount for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantCapegirlDined on 6/7/2014I love Not Your Average Joe's, not just because their food is great, but for the fact that they cater to those of us that have to eat gluten free for health reasons. It is always sad when I go to a restaurant that has rolls that I can't enjoy, but at NYAJ's they have a gluten free roll and separate dipping oil just for me. The waitstaff is educated on food allergies, and it always seems that the manager on always checks to see all is well. They have waitstaff that has been there for a while, so they must be doing something right. I have never had a bad experience at Not Your Average Joe's, and would recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jrice003VIPDined on 5/27/2014Our server Heather was very friendly, attentive and efficient.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner experience!AllieKatDined on 5/23/2014Very generous birthday dinner. Great food, entertaining waiter and a friendly manager who resembles Nicholas Cage, Billy Joel and James Caan. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average JoeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/23/2014There were too many birthday dinners going on where the waiters were singing together but then forget about you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent dinernanct45Dined on 5/22/2014Nyaj's never disappoints. Love their seasonal sangria...never order by the glass, always get the pitcher. Great choice of food and service is superb every time. Kudos to them too for not using styrofoam for their takeout food!Special Features:
- Food Is Awful / Service Is GreatHyannisVIPDined on 5/19/2014The service is top notch at this Hyannis of NYAJ location but the food has reached a new low. NONE of the dishes are EVER consistent, half the time they're missing ingredients or COMPLETELY different from the same dish ordered at another NYAJ. This location is an embarrassment to the NYAJ brand. After years of patronizing this NYAJ location, I'm afraid we're finished.
- Never Fail JoesTuchDined on 5/17/2014Once again, a fabulous meal and service at NYAJ. We frequent all Joes, and the Hyannis location is one of the best. Tried something new that did not disappoint. Waitress was incredibly efficient as was the whole staff because this place was hoppin'. You cannot go wrong at NYAJs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something wrong hereHyannisVIPDined on 5/12/2014Food is bad here. Nice Cape Cod location but they never get the food right.
- Great additionJarjeanneVIPDined on 5/11/2014Good food, fantastic low-cal starters (spring rolls and lettuce wraps) and very good main courses. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Love the scallops but I miss the Salmon with rice noodles.Special Features:
- b-day dinner5cornersDined on 5/9/2014Had a yummy b-day dinner using my coupon for a free entree..too stuffed for dessert though. Salmon was yummy..Steak tips just average.Special Features:
- my happy birthdayQuahogDined on 5/4/2014Joes has sent me an e-mail for a free birthday entree and desert..4:of us went and had a great meal..we love their bread and oil they provide before the dinners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable food.RobinVIPDined on 4/24/2014While on vacation we visited this location and were disappointed with the food in comparison to our experience at our local NYAJ's in Arlington. Unlikely to visit this location again. Macaroni for my daughter was watery, my food was fine but not as good was we've come to expect from NYAJ's.Special Features:
- MEDIOCRE JOE'SHyannisVIPDined on 4/23/2014Mediocre at best, while I would recommend Not Your Average Joe's normally this particular store is the black sheep of the bunch.The waiter John was rude and forgot about our table. Just a bad experience.
- Great feed!LTDONDined on 4/8/2014The food was great, the service wonderful and the staff were very friendly! Recommended! Fun for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spotNanquistDined on 4/5/2014The menu has lots of choices. It isn't wait watchers friendly but for a special occasion,it's worth it. The waitress was super! I am an email member so I got my meal an dessert free for my birthday! One of my favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerlseatsDined on 3/29/2014Had a great night at Joe's. I always enjoy the food and atmosphere. It's a bit loud, but I'd rather that than too quiet. Excellent dinner. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to get bettermarkersDined on 3/29/2014Joe's signature bread with spicy olive oil is as good as ever. The pulled pork appetizer was good, but needs to be served at once upon preparation. With each visit, guests can rely on new and interesting menu choices, including beers and cocktails. Our entrees were served hot and with a thoughtful presentation. The Tiramisu was a disappointment, with bland flavors and offering nothing memorable. That said, we continue to really like this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the apps at this restaurant,SandladyDined on 3/22/2014I love the apps at this restaurant, though I was at lunch and didn't have any, when I am there with a group at the bar it is wonderful, bright, energetic and hip. Cool cocktails and of course the entrees are awesome. Everything is freshly made and not frozen restaurant fare by any means....but the prices are really reasonable. Also, everything is not covered with cheese. There are also great vegetarian meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014Comfortable, well run restaurant. Perfect for lunch! Great selection of food. I would not hesitate to take anyone there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great staff. Well done.JoshCDined on 2/22/2014I was eating at NYAJ the night before Hyannis marathon. I didn't wait too long (had a solo res). The food was very good, the staff didn't rush me at all even though the place was pretty busy. Good value. Good job NYAJs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Pre-Race SpotStephanieDined on 2/22/2014I was down in Hyannis with a group of 4 other people getting ready to run the Hyannis Half Marathon the next day and we wanted to make sure we got a great meal in the night before. Making the reservation was easy, and we were able to walk right into our table, even being a few minutes ahead of schedule. The food was great and service was on point. Definitely will return here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got Lunch menu for dinnerkeithrwDined on 2/21/2014The menu was not labeled as lunch, and had surprisingly low special prices. My wife got one, I got the other, and then were shocked when the bill arrived and the items were each $4 more than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff, rushed foodAprilDined on 2/14/2014My husband & I went here for Valentines Day. We expected it to be loud but it wasn't. The waiter was excellent & check in on us frequently. I work in a kitchen, I was not surprised by the outcome of our food. My steak: chewy, My husbands food: under cooked veg & starch, overcooked salmon. With the volume of people, I'm surprised at how quickly our food came out. I'm sure if this was a regular day, this wouldn't be a problem. Despite our dinner plates I decided to order the special cake. It was PERFECT. It was moist, the mousse didn't have the slight metallic taste you would get from boxed mousse, suggesting that they made it from scratch. Unlike most places the ganache atop the cake wasn't drenching it. Overall, it was a pretty fun place.Special Features:
- great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014our entire meal was great, everything was out quickly, server was a little slow bringing drinks and what not but it was busy.Special Features:
- Meh!CapeGarlicVIPDined on 2/14/2014We had dinner reservations for Valentines Day and needed to be near Hyannis. The service was pretty good, the food dependable and the place was extremely noisy with too loud music, sports TV at the bar, and a very chatty crowd. The restaurant is as good as any chain in a shopping mall but certainly not a romantic spot or a place for a special occasion. I wish there were more Open Table choices on the Cape.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.