Not Your Average Joe's Hyannis
793 Iyannough Road
Hyannis, MA 02601Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Hyannis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: 5087781424
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Luciano Da Silva
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Hyannis
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Not Your Average Joe's Hyannis - Best Restaurants in Hyannis ›
Not Your Average Joe's Hyannis reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)great for lunch (39)kid-friendly (34)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (31)special occasion (18)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (10)romantic (9)great for brunch (8)late-night find (8)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- Fun restaurantsHealthyMomDined on 9/6/2014This is a step up from the typical chain restaurants. The food is fresher and the drinks are very good. The service here was really good in spite of the place being really busy.Special Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014I had eaten at a Not Your Average Joe's when on a business trip so I was glad to find one while on vacation. We had a great dinner, service was excellent! Drinks, dessert wonderful as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small glitchMikeyDined on 8/27/2014We are regulars and had a good meal. The sirloin tips were good but the softball sized pile of mashed potatoes was cold and dry as well as unusually dark in color. Waitress was extremely busy so I couldn't get it replaced. Pizza was good but stingy on the sausage.Special Features:
- PerfectTonyLDined on 8/25/2014I have been a patron of Not Your Average Joe's for many years. Never a disappointment and some of the most eclectic food anywhere. A true gem and in my book 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetoeatoutDined on 8/23/2014went here to celebrate my hubby's birthday - both of us had delicious steak dinners - i also ordered clam chowder which is one of my favorites - we often dine at NYAJ and have been to many locations - always have great food - i must mention that apart from the wonderful dinner we experienced, we had the best service from "Ben" - he was so friendly and attentiive and will ask for him when we go back again - we felt it necessary to tell the manager "Douglas" who also was so nice and professional - we had the best time and definitely will go back to this location - thank you again for a wonderful birthday for my hubby!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining ExperiencegreatexperienceDined on 8/16/2014Never eaten here before - loved it. Will definitely go back and will recommend this restaurant to all my family and friends!!!!!!! Food was amazing. Service outstanding. AWESOME!Special Features:
- Always gooddavescatVIPDined on 8/15/2014NYAJ is favorite stop when passing through Hyannis. Nice menu with spicy and gluten free options and surprising specials. Mall location with parking and a walk after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable quality moderately pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/12/2014We eat here probably 6 times a year and each time the service is good food is above average wine selection is good and price is reasonable. Consistent favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant and colorful...RHP1955Dined on 8/11/2014After a tiring day, we found a lively and upbeat place for comfort food with some really concerned servers and manager. We were 4 in the family, and felt immediately welcome and understood. The manager himself brought out some warm gluten-free bread even though that was not requested or ordered. Anything we asked for was promptly served, even if it was not on the menu. The server, Nicole, was attentive and responsive and pleasant. The place has a large menu, and an even larger heart. Perfect place for a family style dinner place. I only wish it was located on Main Street in Hyannis and not in a strip shopping mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great again!RuthDined on 8/9/2014We tried this restaurant for the first time in late June and loved it! We've now been back 2 more times and still love it! A winner!Special Features:
- Great FoodStargazer04Dined on 8/9/2014We had six different entrees at our table and all said they were delicious! Nice variety of choices. Interesting list of unusual mixed drinks. Food reasonably priced. Tried the watermelon gazpacho last visit; liked it so much I found the recipe and made it myself! Very accommodating staff. Definitely will go back!Special Features:
- salupazzDined on 8/5/2014Great bread before meal-decent food at economical pricesSpecial Features:
- Happy BirthdayCCTGDined on 8/4/2014We had a very nice complimentary entree and dessert provided by NYAJ. Loved the chicken caprese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than anticipatedLizSVIPDined on 8/2/2014Wasn't sure what we woukd find but overall it was just fine. Very ample portions. Only teo suggestions: more spicing and please serve the craft brews a little warmer. Service was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- jrice003VIPDined on 7/31/2014Our food was excellent. Our server Natalia was very friendly and attentive. Another very positive dining experience at Not Your Average Joe's!Special Features:
- Reliably good and varieddavescatVIPDined on 7/27/2014New global menu was a hit for new flavors, local veggies and spices. My husband appreciates the gluten free items. We go several times a year, and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dsib1947Dined on 7/22/2014We were pleased with the food and the service. We had theater tickets and were on a tight schedule. The restaurant dealt with this very well. Tried the watermelon tomato gazpacho. It was delicious. The key lime pie was excellent. Would come back again.
- A great Cape restaurant!ChefRoddyDined on 7/19/2014While vacationing in Brewster, we decided to make the ride to NYAJ in Hyannis, since we love their restaurants back home in the Boston area. We were not disappointed. We all really enjoyed our meals, but especially, our server Tara, who had a great personality and treated us like patrons, and not Cape tourists. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lmeoncapecodDined on 7/17/2014Our restaurant of choice for many years. The menu changes each season. Food is always fresh and homemade. The wait staff is superb.Special Features:
- Great food, atmosphere and service!willbbackDined on 7/15/2014The hostess had a warm/friendly greeting, which set the tone for the excellent service we received. It was exciting to see the restaurant packed with a variety of people - families/families with children, couples, summer visitors and locals. We knew we were at the "in-place" and thoroughly enjoyed it! I loved when the manager made his rounds to each table to say "hi" and get feedback from customers that everything was ok.....SUCH a nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have never had a bad time!msfoodieDined on 7/14/2014I go to NYAJ a lot and love their menu. I must say that the anniversary menu was soooo good. They should bring back some of those dishes back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!RuthDined on 7/12/2014Great food, great service, great menu and great overall experience!Special Features:
- Excellent Gluten Free MenuEpicurus1Dined on 7/12/2014Great gluten free Thai chicken lettuce wrap appetizers. Tasty gluten free rosemary skewered seared scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cape CodAugust2014Dined on 7/11/2014We were staying at the Days Inn Hyannis next to Cape Cod Mall and this was very convenient for us to walk over for dinner. The specials, an entree plus either an appetizer or dessert was well worth it for $20. We ordered the grilled salmon with an appetizer, and the sirloin tips with a dessert and had more than enough to share for 3 adults and 3 kids. Clam chowder was surprisingly good. Two kids meal of burger and an adult pasta entree completed our meals.Special Features:
- Another great experienceJimmazVIPDined on 7/10/2014We had a great dinner with a wide variety of options. One member of our party has a gluten allergy and to our surprise they have a whole different menu for GF options complete with GF beer. All four of us enjoyed our meal and the great service.Special Features:
- AveragePaulPVIPDined on 7/3/2014Very average Joe's. Food was average and service was average
- Birthday lunchPattyEDined on 7/3/2014We had excellent service from the hostess and waitress. The food was delicious and the dessert was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always worth itRichardDined on 7/1/2014Whenever we are in Hyannis, Not Your Average Joe's is a definite stop. Food and service are consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYAJ's is perfect!TonyLDined on 6/30/2014We discovered Not Your Avergae Joe's maybe 15 years ago and have been regulars ever since. From the perfect martini's, to the great eclectic food, and the over the top service and energy, this restaurant has never disappointed. Steve S, the CEO is ALWAYS available for comments and concerns! We travel 30 miles each week to dine here, so this must say something for a restaurant to earn our dining out dollars! Thanks again Steve for all the hard work that you and your staff put into OUR restaurant!Special Features:
- Great PlaceJacks185Dined on 6/28/2014Not Your Average Joe's is located in the Cape Cod Mall, Hyannis MA with outside entrance. Great food and drink with outstanding staff and floor managers. Never had a bad meal there. Nice bar area that always has a nice crowd. We always make it a point to go there on our trips to Cape CodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!RuthDined on 6/28/2014We've been going to the Cape for years and never noticed this restaurant. Found it because of Open Table and we both LOVED everything about this restaurant! Fantastic food, waiter and ambiance! We'll be back there soon! Thanks Open Table for introducing us to this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent!JaniceVIPDined on 6/28/2014Creative Menu ..Love the 3 sizes you can get in wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Good overall dining experienceLarueDined on 6/26/2014Good overall dining experience. Even if connected to the mall, it is much better than the average mall restaurant. We just had drinks and appetizers which were very good. Service was great!! Recommended if you are just looking for a place to go, catch up and enjoy a light meal!Special Features:
- Great, but not as good as othersscram1017Dined on 6/26/2014We always enjoy ourselves at the bar at this AverageJoe's, but this time wasn't as great as others. Our bartender was not very friendly and our food took quite some time. There was also no AC in the bathrooms, and they looked to not have been cleaned that day. The AC in the restaurant itself we don't think was working right, and overall we believe they were just having an off day. We will still be coming back, but hopefully everything will be in better condition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night, good food.gia611Dined on 6/20/2014You can never go wrong at this place. Food, drinks and service top notch. Husband loved his haddock and my goat cheese salad was excellent. Don't forget the yummy bread and the peanut butter thing for dessert! Always an enjoyable evening for dinner. Other restaraunts should follow how Joe's handles service. The key to a good restaraunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HallsyladyDined on 6/15/2014Our waitress was very friendly and efficient. One of the dinners came with a very different cole slaw which we all loved and I asked waitress to ask chef if I could have the ingredients and he gave them to me. Can't wait to try to make it myself. I love the fact you can purchase a small carafe of wine (a glass and a half) which is the perfect amount for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantCapegirlDined on 6/7/2014I love Not Your Average Joe's, not just because their food is great, but for the fact that they cater to those of us that have to eat gluten free for health reasons. It is always sad when I go to a restaurant that has rolls that I can't enjoy, but at NYAJ's they have a gluten free roll and separate dipping oil just for me. The waitstaff is educated on food allergies, and it always seems that the manager on always checks to see all is well. They have waitstaff that has been there for a while, so they must be doing something right. I have never had a bad experience at Not Your Average Joe's, and would recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jrice003VIPDined on 5/27/2014Our server Heather was very friendly, attentive and efficient.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner experience!AllieKatDined on 5/23/2014Very generous birthday dinner. Great food, entertaining waiter and a friendly manager who resembles Nicholas Cage, Billy Joel and James Caan. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average JoeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/23/2014There were too many birthday dinners going on where the waiters were singing together but then forget about you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.