Not Your Average Joe's Glen Mills
561 Glen Eagle Square
Glen Mills, PA 19342Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Glen Mills
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: 6105002222x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: we have a catering style menu and can accommodate any sized order. Please call and speak to the GM for further details.
- Special Events: we can set up reservations for any special occasions. please call and speak to a manager on duty
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Glen Mills
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Not Your Average Joe's Glen Mills - Best Restaurants in Glen Mills ›
Not Your Average Joe's Glen Mills reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (106)good for groups (92)great for lunch (86)fit for foodies (83)kid-friendly (73)hot spot (59)vibrant bar scene (49)special occasion (34)great for outdoor dining (31)late-night find (21)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (9)romantic (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- OkDebdERDined on 9/17/2014Prices high, food ok would not go back Noisy difficult to hear conversation at my own table
- Not Average!KathyHDined on 9/17/2014I have been to this restaurant 3 times now--once for lunch and two times for dinner and haven't been disappointed anytime--food, service and setting. The only hiccup that I have experienced was with a reservation that I made this last time through Open Table. When I got the restaurant, there was no record of my reservation even though I received a confirmation and had it on my phone. That was not a problem though, they were able to seat my party once everyone arrived.Special Features:
- My New Favorite Restaurant!PerkPicksDined on 9/16/2014This is a new restaurant in Glen Mills. The menu was extensive, and the food was delicious and beautifully presented. There is a separate gluten-free menu, and the staff is more than willing to accommodate any dietary restrictions or desires. There were many non-alcoholic drinks to choose from, as well as alcoholic. I chose a blackberry basil lemonade. Beautifully served and delicious. Our waitress, Tara, was amazing. Personable, knowledgeable about food and pairing in general and specifically with this menu, she advised us on our selections and was spot on. The best thing...we could talk and hear each other. It is unusually quiet for a restaurant of its kind, With a hearing loss, I so appreciated it! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good comebackOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/15/20144th time here. It is usually excellent. This time we were ignored for about 10 minutes even though there were employees everywhere. Then (not our server) Tiana took initiative to come over and take our drink orders at least. There were a few other mistakes with our orders. Eventually the manager came over. Crouched down at the table way too close --I hate that. Just stay standing; it is more professional. Anyway things went well after that and we were comped a few items including my wife's birthday dessert. So they struggled tonight with service but made up for it. And the food is always very good.
- Not a sports bar!gailDined on 9/15/2014This restaurant has good food, but not the same old run of the mill. Everything is made on site & they do it right. Some of the prices are a little high & I dont believe this is the place for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Place to celebrate an anniversaryBrownEyedGirl1991Dined on 9/13/2014We celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary with another couple who got married on September 14th, 1986. We are good neighbors and we all loved out meals! Delicious, fun atmosphere and the choice of drinks were great. We Love Not Your AVerage Joe's and when our two Gamecocks return home for winter break, we will be going to Not Your AVerage Joe's to celebrate Erica's 21st belated birthday!Special Features:
- Go!KMC24Dined on 9/13/2014Great food, friendly, fast service, happy atmosphere. Make a reservation, though, but go!Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceLuvtheburgersDined on 9/12/2014Wait staff polite. Food wait borderline slow each visit. Meaning you get to the point where you are just about to ask and your good arrives. Burgers are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itMickeyDined on 9/11/2014We enjoyed our first visit. The food was a little expensive, but it was worth it. Our server, Abraham, was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Addition to Restaurant SceneparadigmjackDined on 9/9/2014Went because of friends recommendations and they were not wrong. Great food and service. We never get dessert when we dine out, but they looked so good we just had to indulge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great gluten-free menushabygDined on 9/6/2014beautiful decor and ambiance. they have a separate gluten-free menu which is great. also serve gluten-free bread if you like. the only reason i took one star away is because i thought the main course dishes weren't the best i've tasted. not bad by any standards, just not the best. i ordered the salmon medium well but it was served pretty rare in the middle.Special Features:
- Another fantastic mealAlinaTDined on 9/5/2014We have loved Not Your Average Joe's since we found them when we lived in New England 10 years ago. Their food never disappoints and the waitress was so good about working with our two kids. My daughter was giving us such a hard time, we decided to leave before we were totally done. Our waitress was so great about packing everything up and handling the bill quickly. We appreciated the care as two busy parents. We are so excited to visit this restaurant now that they are in Glen Mills. If you are looking for a great eatery that is committed to the local community as well, look no further!Special Features:
- Pretty goodJulshatpDined on 9/5/2014This was my first visit and had a nice meal. We went in for an early dinner at 5:15 and Our service was very slow. The restaurant was very busy but tables around us were getting their food so I think it was our waitress. The menu had a nice variety and the prices were reasonable. Will go back to try more of the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and drinks, fair service.PoisonedPatronDined on 9/5/2014Our food was tasty (jambalaya and chicken enchiladas) but my wife's entrée was not hot and when the waitress asked how our food was, my wife told her, "the chicken could be hotter" to which the waitress made no reply and walked away from our table (she may not have understood, my wife is soft spoken and the background noise was significant); otherwise, the service was good - prompt, if a bit pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second VisitNYAJDined on 9/3/2014This was our second visit to Not Your Average Joe's at Glen Mills and once again the experience was well worth the trip. Good food, excellent service and above all, our table was ready for us when we arrived which was ten minutes early. Will recommend to friends as a good place to eat.Special Features:
- BDDinersDined on 9/2/2014We took a birthday couple to dinner this week. All 4 of us had never been to a "NOT YOUR AVERAGE JOE'S" previously. The food was great and our waiter "Abraham" was special...he checked on us at the proper times and made sure everything was right. We've told several friends to try it!Special Features:
- Just so averageeurope92Dined on 9/1/2014This was my second visit and I had high hopes it would be better than my first. I remain unimpressed and will probably only go again if another family member asks. My husband enjoyed his dinner - cheesesteak egg rolls and pizza. I had basalmic salmon which lacked much of the glaze that gave it flavor visit #1. I think the service is very good and management does take care of any issues related to the food. I think maybe they still are working out all the kinks. Hopefully things will improve. Having said that, I know a lot of people who live in the area who really enjoy eating there and do the take out option frequently. I know I am picky, but I don't think I am unreasonable.Special Features:
- It was goodFlyerVIPDined on 9/1/2014This was my second time here. The food has been good but this time I ordered the fish tacos. They had good stuff in them but the fish must have been anorexic before it was caught. There was a mouthful at best in each taco. Everything else we ordered was great. I will go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedercinanycDined on 8/30/2014I was excited to go and try a new restaurant. I am still baffled that we had to make reservations for a casual dining restaurant. It took 15 minutes to find out who was to be waiting on our table just so we could order drinks, and that was only after we flagged down another server to inquire. The waitress/ server that we had seemed to need to be some medication as she seemed very scattered and absent-minded. The food mediocre at best. My friend order nacho and the were not your average nachos in a negative way. Also there where way to many managers all who seemed to be walking over each other. In summary the whole experience was disappointing and it was like watching a train wreck in progress.
- Great experience1906fanDined on 8/28/2014I thought this restaurant was very good. I was impressed at how eager they are to please each guest. I'm sure I will be a return patron.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotGm2BDined on 8/28/2014Tried this restaurant for the first time - interesting menu, loved the decor, and food was quite good. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Great find with a decent price!ChelseaDined on 8/27/2014This restaurant was so chic, great food and the wait staff were very kind and attentive. This was our first time here and we loved it! I am a pretty big foodie and I loved it! The Meatloaf is what they recommend and my husband had it and his plate was empty! The wait without a reaervation is long and it seemed like lots of people were waiting - however it is brand new to the area. They were kind enough though to bring out appetizers to those who were waiting for free!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingknowshergrubVIPDined on 8/27/2014We were so excited to try this new date night spot-especially with all the gluten free options for me, but it just wasn't great. The dipping sauce for the bread was so garlicky that I'm still tasting it 2 days later. I had the gluten-free jambalaya, which was basically a spicy chicken soup with sausage...they just skipped the flour and butter roux that holds everything together. GOOD gluten-free cooking replaces flour with something else...it doesn't just leave it out all together. Neither me nor my husband felt well after our meal...lots of salt in everything, super sweet carrot cake---all the tell-tale signs of a chain restaurant.
- Definite returnPBV1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Have had lunch and dinner at NYAJ's. Both meals were very good. Everything was fresh and nicely presented. They were also very accommodating with special requests and checking on ingredients for those with allergies. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceKarenFromDelawareDined on 8/21/2014I have eaten here for both lunch and dinner. The food is fantastic and the service is great. I love that you can give feedback online on a phone that they provide at check out. The server mentioned that they read the feedback every day!Special Features:
- Pretty good food, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014Felt like a big chain restaurant. Service reflected inexperience.
- Good all aroundfoodieDined on 8/18/2014This was our second visit and the food is so yummy. Menu offers a great variety of foods. Drinks are delicious. Great for large groups or families. Service is very good and the atmosphere is very nice. The decor has an industrial feel. the waiter gave some good food recommendations.Would highly recommend this restaurant and plan on going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Although utilizing a $15 off bday (THANK YOU!), lunch was still $60....a bit too pricey for me. For a burger that is..........Special Features:
- New JoeNewJoeDined on 8/16/2014The food was awesome! Definitely something new and fresh that you don't find everywhere. My mom came an hour away to eat here and loved it. We will be back!Special Features:
- nicefoodnicefoodDined on 8/15/2014This was my 4th visit and I brought three 'hard to please' women. All enjoyed their meal and I did not hear one complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- burgerBeachbumDined on 8/14/2014my husband's burger was not very good. We had eaten here before and he had the salmon and liked it, but this time when he ordered a burger, he said afterwards that it didn't have much taste and was dry. I had the warm goat cheese salad and it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite place22dineDined on 8/10/2014I had never been to a Not Your Average Joe's restaurant. I went with a friend for lunch and then a week later took my daughter there for her birthday. Our table was ready as soon as we arrived. Our server kept bringing my husband an endless raspberry lemonade, when she was told how thirsty my husband was after a big cycling ride. The food was wonderful and portions are generous.Special Features:
- CuddlesVIPDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful place to dine. Great food. Will be going back for the third timeSpecial Features:
- Not a fanOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Food was not very good. French fries weren't cooked enough and my chicken sandwich was not that good.
- Good food great service and prices.djforgolfDined on 8/9/2014Our first experience at NYAJ's. The menu is very diverse and the food we had was very good and reasonably priced. The service was excellent. The staff was very friendly and we will definitely return to try other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average Joes is averagefoodiegalDined on 8/8/2014Food was good but all staff were "trained" by a chain. Big, fake overdone interaction. Waitress wouldn't leave us alone. We knew her entire life story by the end of the night. I thought I was in TGI Fridays - yuck. Hated the vibe.
- Wonderful restaurantAndyFDined on 8/8/2014Matt, the manager, and all his helpers were friendly, entertaining, efficient and accommodating. The food included various spices and tastes that made every dish wonderful.Special Features:
- creative and appealing menu for allbunnydoctorDined on 8/7/2014The menu provided an eclectic selection of foods. The selections of entrees, appetizers, soups and salads appealed to me as well as my 20 and 12 year old children. It was evident a lot of care went into the menu selections. Service was friendly and efficient. This is a place to visit on a routine basis. The atmosphere was urban upscale and very appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchBarbaraTDined on 8/7/2014First time visit. Everything prepared perfectly. Staff very efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- Will definitely be back!!Sarah364Dined on 8/6/2014First time eating at Not Your Average Joes and my boyfriend and I absolutely loved it, we sat outside on the beautiful patio and had a really nice time! Also their dipping bread is to die for!!!! absolutely amazing!!Special Features: