Not Your Average Joe's Glen Mills
561 Glen Eagle Square
Glen Mills, PA 19342Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Glen Mills
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/
- Phone: 6105002222x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: we have a catering style menu and can accommodate any sized order. Please call and speak to the GM for further details.
- Special Events: we can set up reservations for any special occasions. please call and speak to a manager on duty
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Glen Mills
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Not Your Average Joe's Glen Mills - Best Restaurants in Glen Mills ›
Not Your Average Joe's Glen Mills reviews from OpenTable diners
225 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (116)good for groups (100)great for lunch (93)fit for foodies (89)kid-friendly (77)hot spot (61)vibrant bar scene (51)special occasion (35)great for outdoor dining (32)late-night find (21)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (10)romantic (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- Just fairCraigDined on 9/28/2014Seated on time. Appetizers were great but hamburgers over cooked and burnt . Service/ waiter was slow and had to get manager to bring him over . Got credit for hamburgersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2014We were happy with our experience. There was a brief snafu with seating as the hostess skipped over us inadvertently. After that, all was good. Waiter was very good and very knowledgeable about the food. Our food was excellent, although I did notice that the manager was at the next table apologizing for their food being cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Food was just average. Ordered jambalaya and it was not flavorful - just hot. Needed more flavor than just hot sauce. Bread was too oniony. Would not hurry back.
- more options in food selections!!!!cookiebear5Dined on 9/27/2014The chicken I had was very good.my husband could only find pizza on the menu that appealed to him.get some steaks on the menu. We will be back to try again.the new menu will be out oct.1st.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrandywineVIPDined on 9/26/2014Not a your Average Joe is average. My friend and I offered a glass of wine and they both smelled like bleach. They brought us a new glass but kind of firmed us off to restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndyFAndyFDined on 9/26/2014Not Your Average Joe's is the new leading restaurant in the Wilmington area. Its menu presents unique combinations of ingredients that fit every taste. The presentations of the dishes are terrific. One can eat there several nights and never have the same choice. The manager Matt is very active and caters to all his customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely the Area's Best New SpotalexioDined on 9/23/2014Great Food, Professional Staff. No-nonsense servers who put up with the nasty, demanding customers yet still manage to smile and accommodate everyone else at adjoining tables. The menu is diverse, and the food presentation/quality is top notch for this upscale dining experience. We frequent numerous nearby restaurants and they should all be shaking in their boots about this place -- it's competition on a grand scale! It will be tough for anyone to find reason to complain about this new spot -- it's probably the only restaurant within 100 miles that we'd be willing to wait of 30 minutes to be seated, if necessary; but so far, they've been able to honor our reservations without a delay. Maybe it's because we made them through 'Open Table'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best night1906fanDined on 9/22/2014This was my second dining experience at Not Your Average Joes. The first time I thought the food was excellent, unfortunately tonight was not their best. I would probably come again but I don't think my husband will.Special Features:
- Good TimeprofessionaleaterDined on 9/22/2014Been there a couple of times - food was great both times. Also, I went with groups so I was able to try a few different entrees and appetizers. I highly recommend the mustard crusted chicken.Special Features:
- Gluten freeluvgfDined on 9/22/2014Good Gluten free menu, delicious warm onion gluten free rolls served with meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripChipper13Dined on 9/21/2014Had y birthday dinner here. Waitress was a joy and very personable. Food was made to order and wonderful. Beer selection was wide and taste before you buy is always a plus for me.Special Features:
- Second Time As Good As The FirstparadigmjackDined on 9/20/2014Went back to NYAJ on Saturday and tried new dishes this time and they were just as good as the first time. I'm sort of a burger aficionado, so I got the back yard burger and it has taken one of the coveted spots in my "Top 5" burger list. Juicy with great flavor and excellent toppings and roll.Special Features:
- OkDebdERDined on 9/17/2014Prices high, food ok would not go back Noisy difficult to hear conversation at my own table
- Not Average!KathyHDined on 9/17/2014I have been to this restaurant 3 times now--once for lunch and two times for dinner and haven't been disappointed anytime--food, service and setting. The only hiccup that I have experienced was with a reservation that I made this last time through Open Table. When I got the restaurant, there was no record of my reservation even though I received a confirmation and had it on my phone. That was not a problem though, they were able to seat my party once everyone arrived.Special Features:
- My New Favorite Restaurant!PerkPicksDined on 9/16/2014This is a new restaurant in Glen Mills. The menu was extensive, and the food was delicious and beautifully presented. There is a separate gluten-free menu, and the staff is more than willing to accommodate any dietary restrictions or desires. There were many non-alcoholic drinks to choose from, as well as alcoholic. I chose a blackberry basil lemonade. Beautifully served and delicious. Our waitress, Tara, was amazing. Personable, knowledgeable about food and pairing in general and specifically with this menu, she advised us on our selections and was spot on. The best thing...we could talk and hear each other. It is unusually quiet for a restaurant of its kind, With a hearing loss, I so appreciated it! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good comebackOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/15/20144th time here. It is usually excellent. This time we were ignored for about 10 minutes even though there were employees everywhere. Then (not our server) Tiana took initiative to come over and take our drink orders at least. There were a few other mistakes with our orders. Eventually the manager came over. Crouched down at the table way too close --I hate that. Just stay standing; it is more professional. Anyway things went well after that and we were comped a few items including my wife's birthday dessert. So they struggled tonight with service but made up for it. And the food is always very good.
- Not a sports bar!gailDined on 9/15/2014This restaurant has good food, but not the same old run of the mill. Everything is made on site & they do it right. Some of the prices are a little high & I dont believe this is the place for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Place to celebrate an anniversaryBrownEyedGirl1991Dined on 9/13/2014We celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary with another couple who got married on September 14th, 1986. We are good neighbors and we all loved out meals! Delicious, fun atmosphere and the choice of drinks were great. We Love Not Your AVerage Joe's and when our two Gamecocks return home for winter break, we will be going to Not Your AVerage Joe's to celebrate Erica's 21st belated birthday!Special Features:
- Go!KMC24Dined on 9/13/2014Great food, friendly, fast service, happy atmosphere. Make a reservation, though, but go!Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceLuvtheburgersDined on 9/12/2014Wait staff polite. Food wait borderline slow each visit. Meaning you get to the point where you are just about to ask and your good arrives. Burgers are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itMickeyDined on 9/11/2014We enjoyed our first visit. The food was a little expensive, but it was worth it. Our server, Abraham, was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Addition to Restaurant SceneparadigmjackDined on 9/9/2014Went because of friends recommendations and they were not wrong. Great food and service. We never get dessert when we dine out, but they looked so good we just had to indulge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great gluten-free menushabygDined on 9/6/2014beautiful decor and ambiance. they have a separate gluten-free menu which is great. also serve gluten-free bread if you like. the only reason i took one star away is because i thought the main course dishes weren't the best i've tasted. not bad by any standards, just not the best. i ordered the salmon medium well but it was served pretty rare in the middle.Special Features:
- Another fantastic mealAlinaTDined on 9/5/2014We have loved Not Your Average Joe's since we found them when we lived in New England 10 years ago. Their food never disappoints and the waitress was so good about working with our two kids. My daughter was giving us such a hard time, we decided to leave before we were totally done. Our waitress was so great about packing everything up and handling the bill quickly. We appreciated the care as two busy parents. We are so excited to visit this restaurant now that they are in Glen Mills. If you are looking for a great eatery that is committed to the local community as well, look no further!Special Features:
- Pretty goodJulshatpDined on 9/5/2014This was my first visit and had a nice meal. We went in for an early dinner at 5:15 and Our service was very slow. The restaurant was very busy but tables around us were getting their food so I think it was our waitress. The menu had a nice variety and the prices were reasonable. Will go back to try more of the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and drinks, fair service.PoisonedPatronDined on 9/5/2014Our food was tasty (jambalaya and chicken enchiladas) but my wife's entrée was not hot and when the waitress asked how our food was, my wife told her, "the chicken could be hotter" to which the waitress made no reply and walked away from our table (she may not have understood, my wife is soft spoken and the background noise was significant); otherwise, the service was good - prompt, if a bit pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second VisitNYAJDined on 9/3/2014This was our second visit to Not Your Average Joe's at Glen Mills and once again the experience was well worth the trip. Good food, excellent service and above all, our table was ready for us when we arrived which was ten minutes early. Will recommend to friends as a good place to eat.Special Features:
- BDDinersDined on 9/2/2014We took a birthday couple to dinner this week. All 4 of us had never been to a "NOT YOUR AVERAGE JOE'S" previously. The food was great and our waiter "Abraham" was special...he checked on us at the proper times and made sure everything was right. We've told several friends to try it!Special Features:
- Just so averageeurope92Dined on 9/1/2014This was my second visit and I had high hopes it would be better than my first. I remain unimpressed and will probably only go again if another family member asks. My husband enjoyed his dinner - cheesesteak egg rolls and pizza. I had basalmic salmon which lacked much of the glaze that gave it flavor visit #1. I think the service is very good and management does take care of any issues related to the food. I think maybe they still are working out all the kinks. Hopefully things will improve. Having said that, I know a lot of people who live in the area who really enjoy eating there and do the take out option frequently. I know I am picky, but I don't think I am unreasonable.Special Features:
- It was goodFlyerVIPDined on 9/1/2014This was my second time here. The food has been good but this time I ordered the fish tacos. They had good stuff in them but the fish must have been anorexic before it was caught. There was a mouthful at best in each taco. Everything else we ordered was great. I will go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedercinanycDined on 8/30/2014I was excited to go and try a new restaurant. I am still baffled that we had to make reservations for a casual dining restaurant. It took 15 minutes to find out who was to be waiting on our table just so we could order drinks, and that was only after we flagged down another server to inquire. The waitress/ server that we had seemed to need to be some medication as she seemed very scattered and absent-minded. The food mediocre at best. My friend order nacho and the were not your average nachos in a negative way. Also there where way to many managers all who seemed to be walking over each other. In summary the whole experience was disappointing and it was like watching a train wreck in progress.
- Great experience1906fanDined on 8/28/2014I thought this restaurant was very good. I was impressed at how eager they are to please each guest. I'm sure I will be a return patron.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotGm2BDined on 8/28/2014Tried this restaurant for the first time - interesting menu, loved the decor, and food was quite good. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Great find with a decent price!ChelseaDined on 8/27/2014This restaurant was so chic, great food and the wait staff were very kind and attentive. This was our first time here and we loved it! I am a pretty big foodie and I loved it! The Meatloaf is what they recommend and my husband had it and his plate was empty! The wait without a reaervation is long and it seemed like lots of people were waiting - however it is brand new to the area. They were kind enough though to bring out appetizers to those who were waiting for free!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingknowshergrubVIPDined on 8/27/2014We were so excited to try this new date night spot-especially with all the gluten free options for me, but it just wasn't great. The dipping sauce for the bread was so garlicky that I'm still tasting it 2 days later. I had the gluten-free jambalaya, which was basically a spicy chicken soup with sausage...they just skipped the flour and butter roux that holds everything together. GOOD gluten-free cooking replaces flour with something else...it doesn't just leave it out all together. Neither me nor my husband felt well after our meal...lots of salt in everything, super sweet carrot cake---all the tell-tale signs of a chain restaurant.
- Definite returnPBV1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Have had lunch and dinner at NYAJ's. Both meals were very good. Everything was fresh and nicely presented. They were also very accommodating with special requests and checking on ingredients for those with allergies. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceKarenFromDelawareDined on 8/21/2014I have eaten here for both lunch and dinner. The food is fantastic and the service is great. I love that you can give feedback online on a phone that they provide at check out. The server mentioned that they read the feedback every day!Special Features:
- Pretty good food, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014Felt like a big chain restaurant. Service reflected inexperience.
- Good all aroundfoodieDined on 8/18/2014This was our second visit and the food is so yummy. Menu offers a great variety of foods. Drinks are delicious. Great for large groups or families. Service is very good and the atmosphere is very nice. The decor has an industrial feel. the waiter gave some good food recommendations.Would highly recommend this restaurant and plan on going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Although utilizing a $15 off bday (THANK YOU!), lunch was still $60....a bit too pricey for me. For a burger that is..........Special Features: