Not Your Average Joe's Dartmouth
61 State Road
Dartmouth, MA 02747Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Dartmouth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nyajoes.com/
- Phone: 5089925637
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday & Monday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tom Roberts
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Not Your Average Joe"s offers a wide selection of our signature items in XL sizes to cater your office parties and special events.
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Dartmouth
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Not Your Average Joe's Dartmouth - Best Restaurants in Dartmouth ›
Not Your Average Joe's Dartmouth reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (102)fit for foodies (91)great for lunch (73)good for groups (64)special occasion (62)hot spot (60)kid-friendly (52)vibrant bar scene (46)notable wine list (20)late-night find (11)great for brunch (7)romantic (5)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Really good service, good food, comped a meal because it was just "okay" to a patron I was with, very generous and care about quality.Special Features:
- OctoberfestMBethDined on 10/19/2014My Mom & I went back to NYAJoe's after I received an email announcing that Octoberfest was back. Delicious food in a fun atmosphere. Friendly service. Everything was great!Special Features:
- Love itMimsDined on 10/17/2014We try to visit NYAJs at least once a quarter. We can count on creative, delicious food and fun cocktails. We've never been let down. And we love the gift of "free entree & desert" on our birthdays. We rarely order desert - but you should know the Pumpkin Cheesecake is out of this world.Special Features:
- CrowdedJohnDined on 10/17/2014Food great, but expect to be crowded next to the next table, and unsupervised children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FavoriteEmptyNesterDined on 10/15/2014Consistently a good meal; Consistently great drink selections; Consistently efficient serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rosesVIPDined on 10/15/2014Usually the service is excellent. Unfortunately, on this particular evening, our server was extremely overworked. At least she told us that. She said that she had many tables and we would just have to wait for her to get to us. She was flushed and wasn't able to keep up with what people were asking her for. She must have felt overloaded because when she presented the check, she didn't bring the little computer to fill out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodation is keyTravDined on 10/15/2014We frequent our local NYAJs and have always been pleased. Occasionally there is a bump in service or food but I'm sure this is the case with any restaurant. The difference is they are very accommodating and conciliatory. We are rather humbled and do not make an issue out of cold food or miscommunications regarding specials yet we are always treated with the utmost respect. It makes all the difference with an experience and it ensures we will return often, as we do. We always look forward to the monthly menu that reflects seasonal ingredients and special nights like Beersday and Winesday. Their food, service and care to patrons needs builds loyalty and a pleasurable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GREAT!Rosebud65Dined on 10/15/2014The food, the service, the price, it's always fantastic! I have not been disappointed yet & I have been going to Joe's since it opened!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was wonderfulLikestodineoutDined on 10/11/2014Our server Valerie was exceptional. Knowledge of menu and specials helpful and informativeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NyajJuliaDined on 10/9/2014Excellent service. Attention to issues and concerns. The bread is a must have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/7/2014Consistently wonderful food and customer service! Love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicejessveeDined on 10/5/2014We went for lunch on a Sunday so the noise level was great (quiet) compared to the usual dinner chatter. The service was great: our drinks were refilled without asking, everything was as ordered, and our waitress checked on us a few times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!luvourjoesDined on 10/4/2014Prompt seating with reservation; great service; didn't feel rushed; great food.Special Features:
- A great birthday!bikergirlDined on 10/3/2014Its always a pleasure to go to Joe's in Dartmouth. Food is always the best around and the deserts are to die for. I do miss the calamari and Harpoon IPA on draft though.Special Features:
- delicious birthday dinner!luv2bpamperedDined on 10/2/2014The bread with dipping sauce is out of this world! Takes real training to leave room for dinner. Waitress very pleasant even though she seemed stressed (brand new menu)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulPrincessVIPDined on 9/27/2014Everything is always wonderful. If not, please complain they welcome complaints and will make it right with a smile. They never want you to leave unsatisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysTrishyDined on 9/25/2014Dinner at joes was great as always. Love the food and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdayCharlieDined on 9/24/2014We had a complimentary meal for it was a birthday. We got the request of area where we wanted to sit. Our waitress was attentive and it was quite busy for mid week at that time of the early evening. The appetizer was very good coconut shrimp. I had had rosemary skewered scallops which were truly the highlight of the evening. My wife's meal of beef was not that appetizing. We both found NYAJ quite noisy but that seems to be a trend today.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dining experience!Arcticwolf1Dined on 9/22/2014This visit was to celebrate a birthday. We arrived a few minutes after our reserved time and were seated right away. There appeared to be only a couple of tables available. Within a short time the wait time had reached twenty minutes for those without reservations, which is about right for this restaurant. Bread with oil, pepper flakes and freshly ground cheese was excellent as usual. The cup of chowder was very tasty and just the right consistency. Meals were delicious as they always are. Molten lava cake for desert, just right. Our server was right on top of things, filling water glasses when they reached half full, asking if everything was to our satisfaction. She did a great job. Can't say enough!Special Features:
- great place!chelsealynn492Dined on 9/22/2014I love this restaurant...its my favorite in the area. Awesome food, great service, fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly awesomeebutts422Dined on 9/21/2014Joe's is a place to go if you want a nice night out, you want to meet friends, you want fancy food or comfort food. You can never go wrong! The service is top notch, and everyone is more than friendly (without being obnoxious). The bread and oil... Oh.Em.Gee. Whatever they put in that stuff is the things that dreams are made of!!!! You will become a Joe fanatic if you go here!Special Features:
- Good TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014The food was as good as always and Meaghan our server was on top of it all.Special Features:
- staceDined on 9/17/2014Food was great, service was great, little loud but thats to be expected in such a busy place. Coffee was cold, but other than that it was a wonderful night. Thank You:)Special Features:
- FofaDined on 9/16/2014Great place:) always good food and good atmosphere !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low Key AnniversarynotacustomerDined on 9/13/2014Enjoyed our evening out - both of us are watching points - and had a terrific meal - excellent service - and the open table reservation was simple and effective.Special Features:
- Never fails!PennyDined on 9/13/2014Joe's never fails to create fantastic dishes. Simply unique and delicious!Special Features:
- Cu4dinnerDined on 9/10/2014We were not disappointed, as usual! Food was outstanding, server was awesome and food was delicious! It was a wonderful Birthday Celebration!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2SmalltowniesDined on 9/6/2014Enjoying a Saturday night dinner with good food and pleasant surroundings was easily accomplished at NYAJ,S DARTMOUTH. Ordering from the new specials menu the flounder offering was stellar and thoroughly enjoyed as a fresh entry to a solidly tasty existing menu. Catching a fresh summer chicken caprese,with local heirloom tomatoes arrugala and artisanal cheeses made for a complete home run of a dining experience. Consistency and innovation keep us coming back to this local favorite haunt!Special Features:
- 'Above Average' Joe'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014The food was fantastic and portions were plentiful, as always. Our server, Erin, was attentive, helpful, knowledgeable. She recommended a great wine that individually complimented our dinners; Mouth-watering tender sirloin tips, and Erin's favorite, the chicken enchiladas with poblano crema....Yummmmm! Since our 1st visit, NYAJ's has become one of our favorite restaurants, especially for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a disappointmentConcorGalVIPDined on 8/31/2014We have eaten here dozens of times. Each visit was good but not the other night. THe service was painfully slow and the food was mediocre at best.
- Never a bad mealebutts422Dined on 8/23/2014Been going to Joe's now almost since it opened! I've never had a bad experience or a bad meal!! We had 4 in our party, and while we all filled up on their amazing bread and oil combo (YUM), everyone took their leftovers home! Yup - it's just that great! The server, Rick, was friendly and knowledgeable. The food was fresh and delicious. I highly recommend for everyone!Special Features:
- MarianneVIPDined on 8/21/2014Have been going to Joe's in Dartmouth for years and years and it is still as good as ever! Love their drink specials!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousVIPDined on 8/20/2014"Joe's" is the most reliable local restaurant in this area. They're VERY customer conscious, have consistently good food - very unlike any other chain. I can't even think of it as a chain because it has a feeling of intimacy no chain has. It's a personal place... I feel like I'm coming home when I'm here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!CandyDined on 8/16/2014Great food always. Something different every time. Quick with your reservations too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a solid performancetommiyamaDined on 8/16/2014As usual my trip to NYAJ's has exceeded expectations. Courtesy, attention to detail and outstanding tastes in food and libations makes this my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Your Average Joe'sRogerBDined on 8/13/2014Overall OK experience. Been there before, will go again. Do enjoy their unique menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Our server was very inattentive - we came in on a Sunday night it was not very busy. When we were leaving we saw that there was a different Manager on Duty. There is usually a very energetic and pleasant man that makes all the difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatLadyluvs2dineDined on 8/8/2014You can always count on Joes's for great food, drinks, & service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dateheydonDined on 8/5/2014Four of my friends took me here for my birthday and I was completely satisfied with both the service and the quality of the food. A great place for a very special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerRomantic2Dined on 8/4/2014I met my very good friend for my birthday dinner and we enjoyed it. We eat there at least 3-4 times per month because it's really the only good restaurant in the area.Special Features: