Not Your Average Joe's Dartmouth
61 State Road
Dartmouth, MA 02747Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Dartmouth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nyajoes.com/
- Phone: 5089925637
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday & Monday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tom Roberts
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Not Your Average Joe"s offers a wide selection of our signature items in XL sizes to cater your office parties and special events.
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Dartmouth
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Not Your Average Joe's Dartmouth - Best Restaurants in Dartmouth ›
Not Your Average Joe's Dartmouth reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (106)great for lunch (82)fit for foodies (70)special occasion (63)good for groups (60)kid-friendly (48)hot spot (42)vibrant bar scene (41)notable wine list (22)great for brunch (11)romantic (8)late-night find (8)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- DeliciousVIPDined on 8/20/2014"Joe's" is the most reliable local restaurant in this area. They're VERY customer conscious, have consistently good food - very unlike any other chain. I can't even think of it as a chain because it has a feeling of intimacy no chain has. It's a personal place... I feel like I'm coming home when I'm here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!CandyDined on 8/16/2014Great food always. Something different every time. Quick with your reservations too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a solid performancetommiyamaDined on 8/16/2014As usual my trip to NYAJ's has exceeded expectations. Courtesy, attention to detail and outstanding tastes in food and libations makes this my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Your Average Joe'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Overall OK experience. Been there before, will go again. Do enjoy their unique menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Our server was very inattentive - we came in on a Sunday night it was not very busy. When we were leaving we saw that there was a different Manager on Duty. There is usually a very energetic and pleasant man that makes all the difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatLadyluvs2dineDined on 8/8/2014You can always count on Joes's for great food, drinks, & service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dateheydonDined on 8/5/2014Four of my friends took me here for my birthday and I was completely satisfied with both the service and the quality of the food. A great place for a very special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerRomantic2Dined on 8/4/2014I met my very good friend for my birthday dinner and we enjoyed it. We eat there at least 3-4 times per month because it's really the only good restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014For the price of the entre I ordered I would have liked a salad or side to be includedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencetndkVIPDined on 8/3/2014the best place, Jocelynn was tremendous, we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014My overall service was simply "OK". I was not left with a lasting impression. The messenge withhin the Billy and signal to pick up the words.Special Features:
- Turkey Burger DelightCristyVIPDined on 7/25/2014The turkey burger here was a little different than what I'm used to at the Seekonk and Warwick locations. It was still, however, delicious!Special Features:
- Great for BirthdayRickyDined on 7/22/2014My wife and I got together with four friends to celebrate my birthday. We had great service and good food. The restaurant was a little noisy, but to be honest, we were probably contributing to the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps Getting BetterMassGuyDined on 7/19/2014This is the first of the Not-Your-Average Joes chain, and it is fairly small. It can be noisy at times. But that is more than compensated for by the creative menus and excellent food at reasonable prices. Specials are constantly rotated. Bread is to-die-for, together with the special olive oil dipping sauce. Desserts are totally decadent, and the service staff is wonderful. We have never been disappointed, and it is now even better in that we can make Open Table reservations (used to wait forever!).
- Unusual experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014Let me start by saying I usually love Not Your Average Joe's, and this was my first bad experience -Waitress checked on us 2 minutes after food arrived and never came back -Dinner was supposed to come with a vinagrette for salad but didn't. Since waitress never came back, I wasn't able to ask for some. Ended up having plain arugula (yuck!) - Were left waiting long after we finished our meals before we could finally order our dessert (as we were with our 2 year old we asked for birthday dessert to go since we had already waited too long). - Had to take my daughter out to the car to wait because it took another 20 minutes for the dessert and bill to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experienceAbigailDined on 7/15/2014Dining at Joe's, no matter day or time, is always a guaranteed pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wait timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We had a reservation for 7:30 per your suggestion. We had asked for 7pm. We still waited 20 minutes and everyone in my party was tired and hungry and I was surprised we had to wait.Special Features:
- Great food with imaginative twistPennyDined on 7/10/2014Joe's has been a favorite of ours for years. Upon being seated, you are given a container of Joe's bread and a saucer of red pepper and grated cheese infused olive oil. Very yummy! My husband is crazy about their salmon with balsamic soy sauce. I believe it is, quite frankly, the best around. It's awesome! I personally love their pizza. The ingredients are fresh and oh! so tasty. I've also enjoyed their several different salads, all of which are delicious. Joe's offers many different items on their menu. Some are seasonal. As for the desserts, they have a limited selection. I enjoy the fresh strawberry shortcake when it is available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MY OPINIONFranDined on 7/6/2014FOOD & SERVICE IS ALWAYS GREAT, ESPECIALLY IN THE DARTMOUTH,MA LOCATION.Special Features:
- great time and food as alwaysDaisyDined on 7/4/2014July 4th washout allowed us the opportunity to go to one of our favorite restaurants and the specials were awsome. They never fail to offer something new and creative. Never disappointed in the food ro service. Outstanding staff always wanting to make your experience really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VarietyjessveeDined on 7/3/2014Check out the monthly specials; you might find a favorite that disappears for a few months, but there's always something tasty to replace it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will the real manager stand up...NotSoHappyJoeDined on 7/3/2014In sum,we had a bad experience last time we decided to go to NYAJ's but gave them the benefit of the doubt and tried the establishment again. The experience was just as horrible. The strawberry sangria was the sweetest, most disgusting lemonade I have ever had. We couldn't even drink the sangria because it was so awful. Two pieces of fruit and all ice. Then the manager came over and argued with us that the recipe is the same and didn't even apologize. As a bigger insult, the manager came over to the table right behind us and apologized to another couple for a complaint they had as well. Thanks a lot buddy,very professional and thanks for discussing your displeasure with our complaint with our waitress in front of us as well. Disappointing.
- arosaDined on 7/2/2014I made a reservation and was seated 25 minutes later. This is not unusual! Something always goes wrong when I'm here. The bill is wrong, menu items are out, the wait is terrible even with reservations. Normally were lucky if we get an apology and every time I say 'if the food wasn't so good I would NEVER come back' but this time the manger was amazing! This is a manger I've never seen before and our waitress was different which was definitely a plus! We often get the same waitress who literally always screws something up but there are some great staff there and it's much more bearable when we get them instead. Very pleased with the end result of dinner this time despite the mishaps. This team had it together even when they didn't.Special Features:
- Not up to parCKpetuniaDined on 7/2/2014We've been to NYAJ's on many occasions and this visit didn't live up to our expectation. Our server was distracted. It seems he had another table that had family members at it and while he was speaking with us he was looking at them. We were given the correct bill at the end but then when our credit card was charged, the charge was for someone elses bill and it was 4 times what our bill was. And the food was just ok on this visit. Overall we were disappointed with this visit at NYAJ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food, but,...WinesdayDined on 7/2/2014My husband and I had a reservation for NYAJ with another couple and were promptly seated at 6:30pm. Our waitress brought us all water and the bread with oil. She left quickly when one of us called her back, as we had no silverware or napkins. When my husband requested Sam Adams beer, she said they didn't have it. He ask for Stella and she responded abruptly -I'll get you a beer menu. She brought it then disappeared, only to find that there really was Stella Artois on the menu. I ordered grilled shrimp appetizer and sirloin tips entree. In no time our entrees arrived. My grilled shrimp was forgotten. The waitress made an excuse that she forgot it because I couldn't decide what I wanted when ordering. I am anything but indecisive.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualjpc4Dined on 7/1/2014My wife and I have been to Not Your Average Joe's in Dartmouth numerous time, and have never been disappointed. They always have a large selection of drinks, including unique local beers on tap. Their pre-meal bread and dipping oil is the best I have ever had. I got the scallops on skewers with sides of spinach and broccoli and it was fantastic. My wife got a chicken dinner on their specialty menu, and she loved it, and took half home. Because it was my birthday, I got the "peanut Butter Thing" for desert and we shared it ... you don't want to know how many calories, but it was exquisite !!Special Features:
- PrincessVIPDined on 6/30/2014Food is consistent, delicious and great service. If something is not right they fix it with a smile.Special Features:
- For me, improved!SES42VIPDined on 6/28/2014Two summers ago we ate there multiple times. Each time the story was the same, excellent food, long, crowded waits and a freezing dining room from too much AC. I was pleasantly surprised that our reservation for 4 was right on time, the dining room was a pleasant temperature and the food still remained very good+ with good service. I do miss that Thai salmon, though, so light with different, interesting flavors. The steak wedge was great for my lower-carb sensibilities - just the right amount of blue cheese dressing, steak perfectly cooked to medium rare as I ordered. Looking forward to returning many times this summer.
- none bettertndkVIPDined on 6/28/2014the best restaurant period. Only better when someone like Megan is taking care of your table. Great food and service as alwaysSpecial Features:
- Certainly Not AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014I have gone to this restaurant several times over the years and have never had a bad experience. The staff is spot on, the food is definitely not average with a special twist or spin to each dish and the prices are definitely reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a home runtndkVIPDined on 6/22/2014best restaurant, tremendous service and awesome foodSpecial Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014We were seated immediately. Server arrived immediately. She was professional and attentive. Food arrived in timely manner. Food was cooked perfectly. Dessert DELICIOUS as was strawberry rhubarb sangria!Special Features:
- IgnoredNYAJRegular87Dined on 6/18/2014I eat at NYAJ at least twice a month. This was by far the worst experience I have ever had in this restaurant. The service was terrible. Our waitress had two other tables; one of them was a party of ten. She neglected her other tables (including mine) and only waited on the table of ten. We waited twenty minutes just to get bread and a drink and then never saw her again until we received the check. I had to ask someone else for utensils and a drink refill; would have liked more bread, as we only received two pieces, but was unable to flag her down. It then took her 15 minutes to cash us out. The manager kept going over to the large table as well. Sends a negative message to other guests that they aren't valued. So disappointed.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceTaylorLeigh16Dined on 6/15/2014I took my dad out for dinner on Father's Day. We had a great experience at Not Your Average Joe's. Great food, great service, friendly workers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We loved the beer selection. My pizza was soggy. It was not crisp. My husbands steak tips were very good though. I always love Not your average Joe's. We were seated promptly.Special Features:
- Fun PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014I would definitely recommend this restaurant to all my friends. It is a happening meeting place. Male greeter was extremely friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- OutstandingLittleJoeLoverDined on 6/9/2014We have been dining at Not Your Average Joe's (Dartmouth and Seekonk) several times and have not been disappointed. The menu items are all carefully prepared and presentation that is fit for a king. Ahi Tuna Salad was great, Mustard Crusted Chicken always the best, Coconut Shrimp appetizer was dynamo! Thanks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the bestSteveDined on 6/5/2014We tried their pecan-crusted chicken and a little neck/linguini dish, which were both outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Starting to slipClairobDined on 5/31/2014We have been going here for years and years. We have always considered it to be our overall favorite restaurant. However, the last two time not so much. Service is down a notch, and getting more typical of a chain restaurant. The food, for the most part, is still excellent, but with a few misses. My chicken noodle soup tasted as if the main ingredient was salt. I hope next time that it gets to where it used to be.Special Features:
- not your average joesfoodsurvDined on 5/31/2014we must have had a new waiter because we didn't get napkins and forks for about 20 minutes - even after the bread and oil dip was delivered and we asked a few times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.