Not Your Average Joe's Burlington
4C Wayside Road
Burlington, MA 01803Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Burlington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nyajoes.com/
- Phone: 7815051303
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 12noon - 9:00pm, Monday: 11:30am - 9 pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Roland Solorzano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Burlington
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Not Your Average Joe's Burlington reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (78)neighborhood gem (62)great for lunch (59)kid-friendly (55)fit for foodies (48)special occasion (34)great for outdoor dining (32)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (16)great for brunch (11)late-night find (8)notable wine list (8)romantic (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good for work lunchsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014We were in and out with-in the hour. Its our go-to place for a sit down work lunch.Special Features:
- won't be backToughtopleaseVIPDined on 10/8/2014Service was poor and the food was fair. Have had some good meals here but won't be returning.
- Good family dinner placecherryskyDined on 10/4/2014Nice menu. Excellent bread & dipping oil mixture. Food was good (not great). Prices are right! Manager came to our table several times to ask how everything was - much appreciated. Efficient & pleasant waitress.
- Meet KRMEOdaleDined on 10/2/2014It was the perfect business meeting place between Danvers, MA and Wayland, MA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never pressuredSiouxzqDined on 10/1/2014Interesting preparations - very good. We lingered at the table quite awhile without ordering any dessert and never felt pressured to leave so they could have the table back. Spinach leaves were wonderful. Wished I could order a smaller side to go with a meal I chose, in order to try more things. Will be going back to try more dishes that I couldn't try this time. The appetizer bread and garlic oil were fabulous!Special Features:
- Good Food BUTEddiePDined on 9/30/2014The meal was very good but I would not Recommend the Cheese Steak Eggroll, thought this was going to be a finger appertiser which it should be but they used a hunk of steak instead of shaved steak. Needless to say there is no graceful way to eat it with you fingers, when you "try" to bite through the piece of steak it's impossible to do so you try hold it tight and pulling on it and low and behold you have a mess in front of you and it's not impressive when you're with someone.Special Features:
- RichZVIPDined on 9/28/2014There was an (understandable) minor mix-up with one of the entrees in our order. Despite our protests that it wasn't a big deal, our waitress - on her own - comped the meal and provided the right entre in a to-go bag! This was backed up moments later by the manager visiting the table who was profuse in his apologies for the - again - minor mix-up. We've been here several times and will continue to frequent this NYAJs as well as the one in Randolph. The food is good, the menu varied, and the service is always terrific.Special Features:
- Didn't wait long for seatingnotharshcriticDined on 9/27/2014got us right out to our table and service was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014I eat at NYAJ's a lot. I made a reservation for 10 of us for 6:45. We didn't get seated until around 7:20. We were kept being told it would be a couple of minutes. I wouldn't have minded as much if the hostess was somewhat apologetic. We had a great waitress . For the meals, the tomato basil soup was excellent as always. I had the chicken oscar but was rather disappointed that the chicken was dry. Two other people in our party had the chicken piccata and said their chicken was dry also. The other dishes of meatloaf, burger, pasta and salads were fine. We didn't say anything to the waitress, but I'm sure if we did, she would have handled it properly. Unlike previous times, a manager did not stop by to see how everything was.Special Features:
- Dchase333Dined on 9/14/2014Not Your Average Joe's never disappoints. Consistently good food and good service. The bread and the dipping sauce are to die for!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014The autumn spiced sangria was so delicious and the table loved it!! We've recommended it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anything but averageFoodeVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great service. Very different menu options for food and drink. Going the extra mile for a food allergic guest. All make NYAJ a head above the rest.Special Features:
- GoodBluemanDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed our dinner at NYAJ. The server was super pleasant and efficient. Fodd was enjoyable but nothing special. Prices are a tad expensive compared to the food quality. All-in-all, an enjoyable experience. I'm sure we'll go again someday.Special Features:
- Last minuteMarleneSDined on 9/6/2014Decided last minute for casual dining with decent pricing. NYA Joe's was a great fit. Have been here several time and it never disappoints. If you are looking for good food, without high prices this is your place, not for that romantic night out. I had the hanger steak wedge salad and my husband had the jambalaya. Both dinners were very good. Sat on the bar side and had a great waitress.Special Features:
- Always Above AverageEikoocDined on 8/29/2014NYAJ is my fallback place. I know it will always provide a varied menu, good food, and good service. It came through this time as well. I rarely have a complaint when we go and they change there menu frequently enough to make it interesting. You can't go wrong.Special Features:
- neildbermanVIPDined on 8/28/2014This visit was on a Thursday, normally a busy night, but because it was leading into Labor Day weekend, I guess many people were away, so even parking was not a problem.I had the Mustard Crusted Chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans, which was excellent. My wife had the Not-Your-Average Meatloaf, which comes as 2 mounds of meatloaf atop mounds of mashed potato and those yummy onion crisps. She requested her gravy on the side. Alyssa was our server and she was very attentive. Manager BOB stopped by to check that everything was OK. We waived dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for lunch from workJohnDined on 8/28/2014We got a round table by the window which is good for conversation. I asked for quiet and got it. Service and food very good.Special Features:
- BirdieDined on 8/26/2014We had an outstanding waitress, I wish I knew her name.Special Features:
- great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014You can always count on Not Your Average Joes for consistent food and great service
- Great Menuenjoying65VIPDined on 8/23/2014Food was very good, our server very pleasant. One missp. One dinner did not arrive with the other four. I told the others to start as I waited for my steak. Finally had to flag down our waitress to let her know we were still waiting for the last meal. She immediately went to kitchen to follow up. Long story short there was a miss in the kitchen. She informed the manager while the kitchen immediately started preparing the plate. He came over to apologize and informed me he would take care of it. Since the kitchen pushed it out, it was not seasoned properly and compared to the other excellent meals served was disappointing. Will we go back? Definitely, we have always enjoyed Joe's and mgnt handled it graciously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allergy helpfulJulesnstuVIPDined on 8/22/2014Staff was very helpful with our sons food allergy. Food was delicious and served quickly. Wish we has them in Minnesota!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Liked that we could make a reservation at a moderate priced restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fun NightRadmooVIPDined on 8/19/2014It was a beautiful night so we only considered outdoor dining spot. We did have to wait for a table on the terrace but it was worth it!Special Features:
- Great servercfallon67Dined on 8/15/2014Robert was a great server, very personable. Food was good as usual although I was not completely happy about my Chicken Picata this time. The chicken was a bit dry/over cooked and two rather small pieces. They had some lobster specials that sounded interesting but I didn't want lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionNofearrockstarDined on 8/13/2014I had a dinner with my soon to be 15 and entering high school son and to be able to sit and chat about guitars and music in a nicely located booth was very satisfying. Very good attentive service and food was done to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was terrible-Marge123Dined on 8/12/2014Most often- eat at Not Your Average Joes- Arlington. Have eaten in both the dining room and at the bar. Service, food excellent. First time for me at Burlington. Food was very good. Service was terrible. Sat in the bar- at a high top table. By choice. Waited almost 20 min before we even were approached my a waitress. Waited 20 more min for drinks. She forgot to bring appetizer- had to remind her. Very disappointed. Will Def. return to Arlington next time !!!!Special Features:
- A grand Happy BirthdayMemoriesDined on 8/11/2014The food was incredible as always. We had he scallops and the jambalaya. Just when you think you couldn't eat another bite the dessert menu tests your endurance. But gotta have it. I especially loved the Strawberry Shortcake. It was so delicious. I would recommend this place to everyone. I told all my friends and family!!!Special Features:
- Oyster Night was AwesomeSGregorioVIPDined on 8/11/2014My 3 friends and I had a wonderful time eating shucked oysters all night along with a few bottles of a nice Sauvignon Blanc (or a Shandy for one of the guys). Service was awesome and the outdoor dining area was lovely. On disappointing part was that we ate them out of their oysters that night. Oink Oink.Special Features:
- Disappointed this timeJeffVIPDined on 8/10/2014We've been NYAJ fans for a while, but this experience wasn't great. I took my son for a simple meal. He got pizza, I had a hamburger. My son is not very picky; he thought the pizza was not very good. My hamburger was OK, with some caveats. I asked for medium rare; it was medium. They gave me a gluten free roll (which I asked for) but the roll was not great. And the vegetables that came with the burger were not very good quality. Still, it was OK, and I'll go back. I like the restaurant, the menu, and the gluten free options. But another night like this would drop NYAJ way down my list.
- Friday night at NYAJneildbermanVIPDined on 8/8/2014Parking lot was very crowded so we went right to the valet - Eddie - was very personable. Table was waiting for us as soon as we got in -- not bad for a Friday night. I had the Nantucket Chopped Salad - love the Barbecue dressing. My wife had a small garden salad with grilled chicken. The lettuce looked a bit wilted -- manager Bob had it replaced immediately. Unfortunately I don't remember the waiter's name - He was new to us - we never had him before, but he was very attentive. Car was quickly retrieved by the valet.Special Features:
- NYAJ never disappoints!DannyboyDined on 8/7/2014My husband go to NYAJ at least once a month. This time we tried new items (for us!). My husband had the mustard crusted chicken. Delicious, just the right amount of mustard, enough for taste, but overpowering. The green beans were fresh; the mashed potatoes had the right mixture of creaminess to lumps! For the first time I had the pan seared haddock. I'm still talking about the dish three days later; I even raved about this dish to a waitress at another restaurant! Definitely will order again. Desserts were the molten chocolate cake; again GREAT! The chocolate had just the right bitterness to sweet ice cream. I brought home my strawberry shortcake to enjoy later. I just heat the biscuit with a little butter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up to SnuffRadmooVIPDined on 8/2/2014So my last couple of visits to NYAJ were a tad disappointing and I was beginning to think that perhaps they were going downhill. Not so . . this visit everything was perfect from the bevies, to the food, to the server and even the bread which was fresh and hot, as it should be.Special Features:
- Above Your Average Joe'sDanimalJ3666Dined on 8/2/2014For a similar price to say "The 99" or "Bertucci's" you get a slightly eclectic take on local foods. I had a Fisherman's stew and my wife had Peachy Keen Chicken Kabobs and both were very good. My broth and the toast they gave me were the highlights for me and the peach/mango salsa on the chicken made my wife very happy. We had the Buffalo tenders which had a unique kick. (I may have called these Thai Buffalo Tenders) I would say that they are better than your average chain restaurant. The waiter, Robert was great. His quick wit and his quirky style match the restaurant to a T. We drove from Middleboro (1hr) to meet friends and we were not disappointed!Special Features:
- Good food. Personable serverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Restaurant was crowded and lively. Online reservations worked well. Despite one member of the party arriving late, there was no pressure to order.Special Features:
- Happy Birthdaysjoel67VIPDined on 7/28/2014Great for a birthday celebration!!! Food and service were quite good.
- Best neighborhood restaurantBigDDined on 7/26/2014Not Your Average Joe's is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is always consistantly very good with friendly service. Great selection and reasonably priced. You can not go wrong. The scallops and meatloaf are our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissappointedJoalDined on 7/26/2014Food was less than desirable. I was surprised because I have Been to this restaurant multiple times and it was never a bad meal. Service and food were dissappointing this time.
- Date nightTbearDined on 7/26/2014The sushi appetizer was fabulous and filling. I had the scallop dish with the Israeli couscous and it was cooked to perfection. My husband enjoyed the large variety of local beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken OscarweeknightoutDined on 7/22/2014The food was disappointing. We ordered the Chicken Oscar. The chicken was somewhat overcooked and tough, the rice was sticky and heavy, and the vegetables were not a feature in this recipe. It was very filling/heavy, so that was disappointing. It was just an okay meal. We have eaten here before and have had better meals, so we expected this to be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhillOochiDined on 7/20/2014This is the second time we have dined at NYAJ's and have been disappointed. I always get the tuna tataki salad and the pieces of tuna were microscopic this time. There were 4 pieces of about an inch each. Last time we went the salmon was over cooked and tasteless. We always enjoyed this restaurant and will give it one more change. Oh, and there were about 5 slices of strawberries in the strawberry shortcake.