Not Your Average Joe's Beverly
45 Enon St
Beverly, MA 02888Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Beverly
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nyajoes.com/
- Phone: 9789278950
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tony Mazza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do different food drops and or local store marketing events in the area.
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Beverly
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Not Your Average Joe's Beverly - Best Restaurants in Beverly ›
Not Your Average Joe's Beverly reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (43)great for lunch (41)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (38)kid-friendly (37)special occasion (19)vibrant bar scene (14)notable wine list (8)hot spot (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)romantic (3)Show More
- DisappointedSungoddessDined on 10/18/2014I have been to several Not Your Average Joes including this one. I usually like the variety on the menu and have been fairly satisfied in the past. Although the service was good, I think he was either new or didn't really know much about the food. I tend to ask a lot of questions. I was very disappointed in the meal I chose. the flounder with the smoke gouda polenta in a red coulis sauce and pesto with four leaves of spinach on top ...it was like a big soggy blob of food. I couldn't taste the difference between anything. It was swimming in sauce and was just tasteless. It was the worst meal I have had in a restaurant in a long time and I do frequent restaurants a couple of times a week.Special Features:
- Food was very goodKelraDined on 10/17/2014Food was really good, especially the bread and oil dip you receive in the beginning. For appetizers we had the lamb sliders and the wings and they were delicious. Main entrees were Baked Haddock, Flounder, Chicken piccata and a burger. The Baked haddock was delicious as well as the flounder. Chicken piccata was good but not spetacular. It took a very long time to get our food. Server was great, just the time it took to get the food was excessive. I would go here again if it was on my way but maybe not drive 30 mins out of my way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryanneDined on 10/17/2014Everything was wonderful, our server, Emily was great, the food delicious and the menagerie very accomodating. Can't wait to back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RespectableTWM0Dined on 10/14/2014Definitely respectable food and experience but nothing special. Person calculating each person's share mis-calcuated. We overpaid and waitress let us know.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationBirthdaygirlDined on 10/9/2014Went out to celebrate my birthday. Our waiter made me feel special. The food was excellent. Had a wonderful timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and UpbeatbeverlyniceDined on 10/4/2014We have dined at Not Your Average Joe's in Beverly numerous times with our son attending a nearby college. The restaurant has a great, upbeat buzz to it we love as a family. The food this time as always was reliably good with nice seasonal changes to the menu and extremely attentive service from an energetic set of waiters and waitresses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/1/2014We have been to Not Your Average Joes, Beverly MA. many times. We are never disappointed with the service, food and cost. Brandy P. was our server and she was wonderful.Special Features:
- Steak Frites is greatkbarry64Dined on 9/26/2014I got the Steak Frites, which is a hanger steak with bistro fries. The hanger steak was flavorful and tender, and cooked perfectly. The hand cut bistro fries are to die for. They were cooked to a nice golden brown and sprinkled with a parmesan garlic mixture that went well with the steak. I highly recomment it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anoneaterDined on 9/24/2014A friend and I go to this NYAJs on the way to the theater. Wednesday night we got tied up and were later than usual at the restaurant. We told the hostess and our server, Dave, that we were short of time, and they made sure we made it on time. Dinner was great. I love the seasonal choices.Special Features:
- Great food; superb serviceBlueSkyDined on 9/23/2014Not Your Average Joe's consistently shines with both great food and efficient, friendly service. Both the pork tenderloin special with apple chutney, carrot and sweet potato puree and sautéed Swiss chard, and their Ahi Tuna Salad entree were delicious and beautifully presented. This is NOT your average chain restaurant -- the menu changes regularly and takes advantage of fresh, local ingredients, the wine list is excellent and reasonably priced, and the wait staff is extremely well trained and often charming. I highly recommend a lunch or night out at Not Your Average Joe's.Special Features:
- great go to placerepeatDined on 9/23/2014NYAJ is a constant in a continuously changing world. They deliver good food and drinks consistently along with seasonal variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableDoug67Dined on 9/20/2014We had a party of 8 and were able to make a reservation. The food came out on time and warm. Everyone's meal was good and there was plenty of choice. My Ahi Tuna salad was excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently good!birthdaygirlDined on 9/17/2014Great menu and service! Generous portions! Reasonable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continue to love this placedroffopsDined on 9/12/2014The food continues to be fresh and seasonal. They source most of their summer and fall menu locally. And when you ask for medium rare you get medium rare.Special Features:
- ShockedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014After dozens of visits to Not Your Average Joe's, on Saturday my wife and I experienced something for the first time: a bad meal. We visited the restaurant in Beverly. I ordered the seared tuna. There were about four slides of tuna, which were partially frozen and completely tasteless. I recall this item being different, so perhaps it has been changed on the menu. I also found something inedible, which may have been part of a wrapper. On the positive side, our server, Brandy, was prompt and courteous. I was pleased to see that the restaurant wait staff had abandoned its Beverly Hillbillies look and returned to black shirts. But the food has taken a decided turn for the worst.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent food and drinks - never had a bad experience at NYAJ's!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/20/2014Not Your Average Joes was awesome. The watermelon gazpacho soup was delicious. Jake S. was our waiter! He was super! Our meals were superb! Great dining experience!Special Features:
- NYAV is the best! Love themkrissykDined on 8/19/2014They will change the menu to your liking. Love the oil and bread too. Haven't had a bad meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous Joe!Jerseygirl818VIPDined on 8/19/2014My husband and I recently returned to Not Your Average Joe's in Beverly, mostly because I had a "birthday coupon" ... a free entree and dessert for my birthday! Everything about our dinner was perfect, and it left us wondering why we hadn't been there in almost a year ... from the warm greeting at the door to our wonderful server to our glasses of pinot noir to the clam chowder to the stuffed meatloaf and salmon entrees to the raspberry sorbet with berries ... all in all, it was a perfect dining experience ... and we will be back sooner rather than later! :DSpecial Features:
- LaurelDined on 8/18/2014This place is hit or miss. Sometimes it's great and sometimes it's just okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usualdroffopsDined on 8/14/2014This is the only restaurant I know where adults, picky kids, and people with food allergies/sensitivities can all eat together and be happy. Everything was great. The place was really busy and you would never have known it. Food was great. My granddaughter would be happy to eat only the foccacia and dipping oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant.pattyDined on 8/14/2014Great food every time we go. It's nice we have a few venues of NYAJ in our area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/13/2014The bread was fantastic--moist and delicious-- the best we've had at NYAJ's in months. Loved the caramelized onions on top. Keep that baker!! The chicken piccata, a favorite, had extremely dry almost withered chicken, and small pieces. The worst we've had at NYAJ's. Still, their overall record as a restaurant is wonderful. We'll be back.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Food was good, however the portions seem to be shrinking! Usually get a salad with salmon on top, and the salmon has gotten tiny. Waiter was very slow.Special Features:
- Exceptional experienceYummyDined on 8/5/2014Exceptional service with friendly and pleasant waitstaff and manager. Wonderful meals! Chef consented to making crab cakes as an appetizer...customized service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2014We always seem to enjoy Not Your Average Joes, Beverly. Our server was Morgan M. she was wonderful! The food and sevice are always superb!Special Features:
- Always a pleasure!Tablefor4Dined on 7/26/2014One of the things that we enjoy most about this restaurant is the friendly atmosphere and staff. Always with a smile, always ready to bring more bread, adapt an order, accommodate picky children. The atmosphere is lively and welcoming. Our last visit was as a group of 12-they put us near the back of the restaurant and we were able to converse comfortably. The food is American comfort food with a twist-different veggie blends and sauces. Nice bread and dip come as soon as you are seated. Fine kid's menu-pasta, burger, steak, chicken, pizza. Shirley temples are always a hit. Nice selection of beer, wine and mixed drinks. I would wholeheartedly recommend Not Your Average Joes, Beverly MA!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always good!cooljudeDined on 7/24/2014This is one place where we can count on good food/drink, for good prices in a good atmosphere............never very noisy, and always a friendly staff.Special Features:
- What a deal!rinaDined on 7/24/2014We love NYAJ because the food is fresh, creative, delicious! Prices are very reasonable,you can't ask for more!Special Features:
- Co worker get togetherCdahl207Dined on 7/21/2014My coworkers and I got together once again here for a birthday celebration. This place is awesome for us because it's central to us all. Highly recommend this place for groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not enoughLefthungryDined on 7/17/2014I ordered the chicken kabob skewers special and it was listed as an entrée but really there was only enough food on my plate for an appetizer. A bit disappointed for the price I paid. I had only about 5 super small pieces of chicken cut up and about 5 sweet potato fries, for $16.99 I expected a little more. They did say skewer(S) and not skewer.Special Features:
- Never disappointedmackDined on 7/17/2014Have been dining at Not Your Average Joe's for a few years and have always been very happy with the menu and the service. Would recommend Joe's everytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/16/2014We always enjoy Not Your Average Joes at any location. When we are in Beverly, MA we seem to always eat at NYA Joes. The food, service and prices are always superb! Ashleigh S. was our server and she was very attentive. We would not hesitate to return there!Special Features:
- Amazing serviceLinds945Dined on 7/15/2014very friendly servers! The food was great and timely - would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Great offers but need to train the employees about how these deals work. Was not given advertised pricing as expected. Asked the waitress about it but she did not respond to my question. Finally asked the hostess on the way out and she had to clarify with the manager. Never approached by the manager for an explanation or apology. Finally the waitress came out with a new bill reflecting the adjusted price.Special Features:
- Always goodPaulVIPDined on 7/13/2014Another excellent meal. We had the Alaskan Salmon special. You just can't beat wild Alaskan salmon.Special Features:
- Great FoodpattyDined on 7/10/2014Always good food, great service, and always crowded. I guess it's no secret that Joes' is a great place to eat!Special Features:
- Close to NSMTJafstimeDined on 7/9/2014This is a very good rstaurant about 5 minutes from North Shore Music Theater. Great for lunch or dinner before a show... and they give a 15% theater discount. It's a great deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic first visit!glowpixieDined on 7/9/2014I ended at Joe's for my first visit on a hot summer evening. Reservations were easily made online, and the table was ready as soon as we arrived, even though it was a bit early. The quickly served bread with oil and cheese for dipping was a fantastic way to start out, fresh and full of umami. The menu was novel, a little higher in price than you might expect from the decor, but the food quickly proved its worth as it was served. The scallops on the rosemary skewer were delightful. The Peanut Butter Thing is a monstrosity, though immensely delicious. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner FREE!PeteDined on 7/8/2014Exceptional service as usual. Everyone so friendly! Can't beat the birthday deal of FREE! Most other restaurants give a discount or free appetizer but here the birthday meal is FREE! WOW! All you need to do is sign up for notifications.Special Features: