Not Your Average Joe's Beverly
45 Enon St
Beverly, MA 02888Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Beverly
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nyajoes.com/
- Phone: 9789278950
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tony Mazza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do different food drops and or local store marketing events in the area.
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Beverly
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Not Your Average Joe's Beverly - Best Restaurants in Beverly ›
Not Your Average Joe's Beverly reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (52)good for groups (45)neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (41)kid-friendly (36)special occasion (29)vibrant bar scene (13)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)romantic (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014This place is hit or miss. Sometimes it's great and sometimes it's just okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usualdroffopsDined on 8/14/2014This is the only restaurant I know where adults, picky kids, and people with food allergies/sensitivities can all eat together and be happy. Everything was great. The place was really busy and you would never have known it. Food was great. My granddaughter would be happy to eat only the foccacia and dipping oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant.pattyDined on 8/14/2014Great food every time we go. It's nice we have a few venues of NYAJ in our area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/13/2014The bread was fantastic--moist and delicious-- the best we've had at NYAJ's in months. Loved the caramelized onions on top. Keep that baker!! The chicken piccata, a favorite, had extremely dry almost withered chicken, and small pieces. The worst we've had at NYAJ's. Still, their overall record as a restaurant is wonderful. We'll be back.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Food was good, however the portions seem to be shrinking! Usually get a salad with salmon on top, and the salmon has gotten tiny. Waiter was very slow.Special Features:
- Exceptional experienceYummyDined on 8/5/2014Exceptional service with friendly and pleasant waitstaff and manager. Wonderful meals! Chef consented to making crab cakes as an appetizer...customized service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2014We always seem to enjoy Not Your Average Joes, Beverly. Our server was Morgan M. she was wonderful! The food and sevice are always superb!Special Features:
- Always a pleasure!Tablefor4Dined on 7/26/2014One of the things that we enjoy most about this restaurant is the friendly atmosphere and staff. Always with a smile, always ready to bring more bread, adapt an order, accommodate picky children. The atmosphere is lively and welcoming. Our last visit was as a group of 12-they put us near the back of the restaurant and we were able to converse comfortably. The food is American comfort food with a twist-different veggie blends and sauces. Nice bread and dip come as soon as you are seated. Fine kid's menu-pasta, burger, steak, chicken, pizza. Shirley temples are always a hit. Nice selection of beer, wine and mixed drinks. I would wholeheartedly recommend Not Your Average Joes, Beverly MA!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always good!cooljudeDined on 7/24/2014This is one place where we can count on good food/drink, for good prices in a good atmosphere............never very noisy, and always a friendly staff.Special Features:
- What a deal!rinaDined on 7/24/2014We love NYAJ because the food is fresh, creative, delicious! Prices are very reasonable,you can't ask for more!Special Features:
- Co worker get togetherCdahl207Dined on 7/21/2014My coworkers and I got together once again here for a birthday celebration. This place is awesome for us because it's central to us all. Highly recommend this place for groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not enoughLefthungryDined on 7/17/2014I ordered the chicken kabob skewers special and it was listed as an entrée but really there was only enough food on my plate for an appetizer. A bit disappointed for the price I paid. I had only about 5 super small pieces of chicken cut up and about 5 sweet potato fries, for $16.99 I expected a little more. They did say skewer(S) and not skewer.Special Features:
- Never disappointedmackDined on 7/17/2014Have been dining at Not Your Average Joe's for a few years and have always been very happy with the menu and the service. Would recommend Joe's everytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/16/2014We always enjoy Not Your Average Joes at any location. When we are in Beverly, MA we seem to always eat at NYA Joes. The food, service and prices are always superb! Ashleigh S. was our server and she was very attentive. We would not hesitate to return there!Special Features:
- Amazing serviceLinds945Dined on 7/15/2014very friendly servers! The food was great and timely - would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Great offers but need to train the employees about how these deals work. Was not given advertised pricing as expected. Asked the waitress about it but she did not respond to my question. Finally asked the hostess on the way out and she had to clarify with the manager. Never approached by the manager for an explanation or apology. Finally the waitress came out with a new bill reflecting the adjusted price.Special Features:
- Always goodPaulVIPDined on 7/13/2014Another excellent meal. We had the Alaskan Salmon special. You just can't beat wild Alaskan salmon.Special Features:
- Great FoodpattyDined on 7/10/2014Always good food, great service, and always crowded. I guess it's no secret that Joes' is a great place to eat!Special Features:
- Close to NSMTJafstimeDined on 7/9/2014This is a very good rstaurant about 5 minutes from North Shore Music Theater. Great for lunch or dinner before a show... and they give a 15% theater discount. It's a great deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic first visit!glowpixieDined on 7/9/2014I ended at Joe's for my first visit on a hot summer evening. Reservations were easily made online, and the table was ready as soon as we arrived, even though it was a bit early. The quickly served bread with oil and cheese for dipping was a fantastic way to start out, fresh and full of umami. The menu was novel, a little higher in price than you might expect from the decor, but the food quickly proved its worth as it was served. The scallops on the rosemary skewer were delightful. The Peanut Butter Thing is a monstrosity, though immensely delicious. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner FREE!PeteDined on 7/8/2014Exceptional service as usual. Everyone so friendly! Can't beat the birthday deal of FREE! Most other restaurants give a discount or free appetizer but here the birthday meal is FREE! WOW! All you need to do is sign up for notifications.Special Features:
- Consistently Delightful DiningdebatecoachDined on 6/28/2014NYAJ's is a go-to restaurant that always pleases. We dropped by for a birthday special (free entree and dessert for the birthday person), and we had drinks (wine, G+T, Strawberry Mojito, and Sangria) and appetizers (Coconut shrimp + Pulled Chicken Quesadillas). Three of us had the Scallops on a rosemary skewer, and one had the salmon. For dessert we shared the molten chocolate cake and some raspberry sorbet. The service was as leisurely as we had requested, and our server was friendly and familiar. We have never left NYAJ without feeling that we got value and a good meal.Special Features:
- Nice touchsteveDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I notice the little nuances at restaurants. Not because we're fussy but because we both have had experience in quality issues and my wife was a waitress back in the day. We noticed that our server didn't bring out my wife's food but that it was brought out by the manager who explained that because it was a restricted diet (gluten free) meal it was policy that either the manager or a qualified server would bring out the food. It might seem like a an overkill detail, but it added value to the experience. The manager server was in way a reflection on our waitress who was pleasant and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2014The service, ambiance, and of course the food are all outstanding. It is one of my favorite dining venues. My wife had the steak tips and I had the Crabcake blt (superior !!!). Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Not our best experiencewcahanDined on 6/19/2014Generally NYA Joe's is one of our favorite places. However, this more recent experience in Beverly did leave something to be desired. My first entree (chicken) came out over done and tough. My second, a salad, had a piece of plastic in it. All in all, they were very apologetic, took my meal off of the check, and gave us a free dessert. The service was excellent and usually the food is as well. I think they were just having an "off" night - we still highly recommend!Special Features:
- WinesdayBETHDined on 6/18/2014Very nice on Winesday...free bottle of wine and good selection of dinners.Special Features:
- Great deal to top a Great DaydebseaDined on 6/15/2014After a visit to this restaurant the day before, my daughter suggested we return the following day to bring her Dad for Father's Day. I was pleasantly surprised to learn the we would get a 15% discount with our ticket stubs from music theatre. My husband really enjoyed his chicken piccata and top shelf martini. My daughter really enjoyed her burger and strawberry short cake desert. The salmon on my salad was delicious, and I thought the wine menu was appreciable. The only change I would suggest is that the house salad needs something more exciting greens than iceberg lettuce. My husband got a gift card for Father's Day and $5 off anything, another great surprise. We will go back...hoping to find some spring greens in my salad!!Special Features:
- The Best Steak Tips in the WorldBookCollectorEatsOutDined on 6/15/2014The steak tips at Not Your Average Joe's in Beverly taste delicious. I like them medium rare and that's how they arrived. Those steak tips are seasoned just right. My wife likes them so much she always samples a few to be sure they're OK. Our waiter was just right too. He was prompt and friendly, and signed thank you to my wife (she's Deaf). A great dining experience all the way around. PS The strawberry shortcake is to die for. Ahhhhh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food!MamaBDined on 6/15/2014My husband and I go to Not Your Average Joe's pretty often. I particularly like the beef tips, the chicken parmesan, and the chicken piccata, although I tried my husband's entree the other day.....some kind of chicken with pecans....and that was also delicious! They are very flexible with substitutions....mashed potatoes for pasta, for instance....which I appreciate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimedebseaDined on 6/14/2014This was my first time at restaurant, using a gift card. I would not have though of it otherwise, but definitely plan to make a return visit. My teenage daughter really enjoyed it, and it appears to be a great place for adult only parties as well as parties with children. The service was excellent. The Not Your Average Meatloaf definitely stood up to it's name. My daughter loved it. I had balsamic braised salmon which was very good as well. Service was outstanding. Managers also checked in on guests to make sure everyone was happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterValentineDined on 6/10/2014Our dinner at NYAJ's was marred by the fact that we were seated in a back area (which might have been very nice) near a VERY loud table of 4 moms & 9 young children. The food was great, our waiter was good (I think he was inclined to stay away from us because of the kids at the next table) and everything was brought out quickly. I'll definitely try again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerPeteDined on 6/9/2014I received many birthday offers from establishments because I signed up to receive messages via email. Most restaurants sent email offers of free appetizer or dessert. But Not Your Average Joe's offer was a free entre & dessert. Can't beat that! Our waiter Joe was one of if not THE best waiter we've ever had. Great Food too! We will be back!Special Features:
- terrific food!ca2014Dined on 5/24/2014I have been here several times, but my husband had never been. He loved it! We are already planning another visit. The food is terrific, the service stellar, and the prices affirdable. What more could you ask for???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerenjoyeatingoutDined on 5/21/2014Great visit to celebrate a birthday and we really appreciate the NYAJ's birthday deal of getting your entrée and dessert free. Brought along two friends to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Pleasing NYAJ BeverlydebatecoachDined on 5/20/2014NYAJ in Beverly is a consistently fine restaurant. We ventured out to try the new menu additions, and once again we were pleased with the new pasta dish and salad. We have never left NYAJ without feeling that it was a special treat at a very good price. On the wine list they have added a large pour (9 oz) to the glass and bottle offerings, which is an attractive feature. The bread with olive oil, parmesan, and hot pepper flake dipping sauce is awesome. I don't think that I could ever eat a multi course meal at NYAJ, because the servings are ample enough to split between two persons if you did that. So count on taking home a doggie bag if you do so. NYAJ is consistently innovative with fresh ingredients, cooked only after one orders. Bravo!Special Features:
- Grad CelebrationCdahl207Dined on 5/20/2014I booked this for my gf who recently got her MBA in Nursing at Salem State. A few of my c-workers and I got together to recognize this milestone in her life. We had great food, converstation and service. I forget how awesome the food is here! Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- Great LunchrepeatDined on 5/19/2014Had Lunch here on a Monday right at opening time. Attentive service, good seating and had the ability to order a luncheon version of Chicken Oscar which wasn't on the menu but was available per the kitchen. Thoroughly enjoyed the entre and would highly recommend it. Great spot for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceCarolynDined on 5/11/2014We had a great waitress and ate great food! The food is always fresh, and they will make any adjustments needed/wanted. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. A great Mother's Day meal with my mother.Special Features:
- New Favorite Place!BostonBigBoyDined on 5/10/2014Took my Mother there for Mother's Day and had a prefect experiecne - she is 86 and had a great time! Service, Food & Atmosphere all #!Special Features:
- BonnieDined on 5/8/2014NYA Joe's is great. There's a nice variety of foods to choose from the menu. I especially like the ahi tuna.. whether it's the appetizer or the salad. Both are very good. Our server was friendly, fun and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.