Not Your Average Joe's Beverly
45 Enon St
Beverly, MA 02888Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Not Your Average Joe's Beverly
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nyajoes.com/
- Phone: (978) 927-8950
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tony Mazza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do different food drops and or local store marketing events in the area.
A word from Not Your Average Joe's Beverly
What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cuisine. If it sounds like your kind of place, then you – like us- are not your average Joe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Not Your Average Joe's Beverly - Best Restaurants in Beverly ›
Not Your Average Joe's Beverly reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)good for groups (37)great for lunch (32)kid-friendly (31)fit for foodies (30)vibrant bar scene (17)special occasion (14)notable wine list (9)hot spot (6)romantic (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Service issue twice in a rowbostonDDVIPDined on 11/16/2014This has always been one of the better NYAJ restaurants. However, the last two times we had surprising service issues, once when crowded, once when not. Service both times was unbelievably slow and it was very difficult to find our waiter when needed to the point we had to ask other staff. Once for dinner and once for lunch, each took 2 hours. An an example, one person wanted dessert. We had 50 minutes before we had to leave. In 15 minutes still couldn't find the waiter until we asked another. He finally came and gave us a dessert menu. But vanished again for another 15 minutes. Dessert finally came well over a half hour after we wanted it. Service was friendly and food was very good, but both times our waiters literally could not be found for long periods of time to the point where it became annoying. Another example was ordering a bottle of wine, then after 20 minutes when we could have been enjoying it, telling another waiter we were still waiting for wine, then after the entrees finally came getting the wine and having to rush to drink the bottle. On a side note they keep getting rid of their best dishes-- really miss the Vietnamese Salmon and the Chicken Tower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/11/2014Hurrah! You brought back the butternut squash ravioli appetizer. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff & FoodQTPIDined on 11/8/2014Not Your Average Joe's in Beverly has very good food, and is reasonably priced. The restaurant has OUTSTANDING MANAGERS & WAITE STAFF. They are so accommodating and willing to help. I had forgotten my BD coupon and also a free dinner coupon. I approached one of the Managers who told me "no problem" and honored both. The food was very good, but the service was incomparable. Their Corporate office should be very proud to have these employees represent "Not Your Average Joe's"as they are certainly not average!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/5/2014Not Your Average Joes in Beverly, MA continues to be wonderful. The food and service can't be beat! We have been there many times and love it. I would highly recommend Not Your Average Joes!Special Features:
- MenuGurlzDined on 11/1/2014One thing we love about NYAJ is they are always adding seasonal drinks & menu items!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but noisyMysMarjDined on 11/1/2014Service was excellent; food good, with wide selection of entrees, etc.; atmosphere friendly and energetic, but noise level so high during meal (dinner) that conversation was difficult. Would happily return for lunch or with kids or a crowd; would seek another venue for romantic dining or for dining with elderly / other hearing-impaired friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodpattyDined on 10/30/2014Always good food at this chain restaurant. Wish there were more throughout the east coast when we travel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love it!stngreDined on 10/27/2014I love this place. It's about a 30 minute drive from home but worth it. I get the Honey mustard crusted chicken almost every time and have never been disappointed. Great apps and desserts too. I also enjoyed the burger too. I don't drink alcohol but am pleased with their selection of non alcoholic beverages. I ordered a raspberry lime Ricky and it was great. Not many places serve those. Prices are very reasonable. Every year I receive a coupon for a free entree and dessert on my birthday. What a nice thing to do. They have a " peanut butter thing" for dessert that will make you very happy!! Good food, great staff. LOVE IT! Are great. Good food, friendly knowledgeable staff, and very clean. It shows they care about their customers.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceCreamDined on 10/24/2014Menu specials were good. Server let us sample the beer special before we ordered. Server was attentive but not hovering.Special Features:
- DisappointedSungoddessDined on 10/18/2014I have been to several Not Your Average Joes including this one. I usually like the variety on the menu and have been fairly satisfied in the past. Although the service was good, I think he was either new or didn't really know much about the food. I tend to ask a lot of questions. I was very disappointed in the meal I chose. the flounder with the smoke gouda polenta in a red coulis sauce and pesto with four leaves of spinach on top ...it was like a big soggy blob of food. I couldn't taste the difference between anything. It was swimming in sauce and was just tasteless. It was the worst meal I have had in a restaurant in a long time and I do frequent restaurants a couple of times a week.Special Features:
- Food was very goodKelraDined on 10/17/2014Food was really good, especially the bread and oil dip you receive in the beginning. For appetizers we had the lamb sliders and the wings and they were delicious. Main entrees were Baked Haddock, Flounder, Chicken piccata and a burger. The Baked haddock was delicious as well as the flounder. Chicken piccata was good but not spetacular. It took a very long time to get our food. Server was great, just the time it took to get the food was excessive. I would go here again if it was on my way but maybe not drive 30 mins out of my way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryanneDined on 10/17/2014Everything was wonderful, our server, Emily was great, the food delicious and the menagerie very accomodating. Can't wait to back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RespectableTWM0Dined on 10/14/2014Definitely respectable food and experience but nothing special. Person calculating each person's share mis-calcuated. We overpaid and waitress let us know.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationBirthdaygirlDined on 10/9/2014Went out to celebrate my birthday. Our waiter made me feel special. The food was excellent. Had a wonderful timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and UpbeatbeverlyniceDined on 10/4/2014We have dined at Not Your Average Joe's in Beverly numerous times with our son attending a nearby college. The restaurant has a great, upbeat buzz to it we love as a family. The food this time as always was reliably good with nice seasonal changes to the menu and extremely attentive service from an energetic set of waiters and waitresses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/1/2014We have been to Not Your Average Joes, Beverly MA. many times. We are never disappointed with the service, food and cost. Brandy P. was our server and she was wonderful.Special Features:
- Steak Frites is greatkbarry64Dined on 9/26/2014I got the Steak Frites, which is a hanger steak with bistro fries. The hanger steak was flavorful and tender, and cooked perfectly. The hand cut bistro fries are to die for. They were cooked to a nice golden brown and sprinkled with a parmesan garlic mixture that went well with the steak. I highly recomment it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anoneaterDined on 9/24/2014A friend and I go to this NYAJs on the way to the theater. Wednesday night we got tied up and were later than usual at the restaurant. We told the hostess and our server, Dave, that we were short of time, and they made sure we made it on time. Dinner was great. I love the seasonal choices.Special Features:
- Great food; superb serviceBlueSkyDined on 9/23/2014Not Your Average Joe's consistently shines with both great food and efficient, friendly service. Both the pork tenderloin special with apple chutney, carrot and sweet potato puree and sautéed Swiss chard, and their Ahi Tuna Salad entree were delicious and beautifully presented. This is NOT your average chain restaurant -- the menu changes regularly and takes advantage of fresh, local ingredients, the wine list is excellent and reasonably priced, and the wait staff is extremely well trained and often charming. I highly recommend a lunch or night out at Not Your Average Joe's.Special Features:
- great go to placerepeatDined on 9/23/2014NYAJ is a constant in a continuously changing world. They deliver good food and drinks consistently along with seasonal variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableDoug67Dined on 9/20/2014We had a party of 8 and were able to make a reservation. The food came out on time and warm. Everyone's meal was good and there was plenty of choice. My Ahi Tuna salad was excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently good!birthdaygirlDined on 9/17/2014Great menu and service! Generous portions! Reasonable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continue to love this placedroffopsDined on 9/12/2014The food continues to be fresh and seasonal. They source most of their summer and fall menu locally. And when you ask for medium rare you get medium rare.Special Features:
- ShockedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014After dozens of visits to Not Your Average Joe's, on Saturday my wife and I experienced something for the first time: a bad meal. We visited the restaurant in Beverly. I ordered the seared tuna. There were about four slides of tuna, which were partially frozen and completely tasteless. I recall this item being different, so perhaps it has been changed on the menu. I also found something inedible, which may have been part of a wrapper. On the positive side, our server, Brandy, was prompt and courteous. I was pleased to see that the restaurant wait staff had abandoned its Beverly Hillbillies look and returned to black shirts. But the food has taken a decided turn for the worst.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent food and drinks - never had a bad experience at NYAJ's!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/20/2014Not Your Average Joes was awesome. The watermelon gazpacho soup was delicious. Jake S. was our waiter! He was super! Our meals were superb! Great dining experience!Special Features:
- NYAV is the best! Love themkrissykDined on 8/19/2014They will change the menu to your liking. Love the oil and bread too. Haven't had a bad meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous Joe!Jerseygirl818VIPDined on 8/19/2014My husband and I recently returned to Not Your Average Joe's in Beverly, mostly because I had a "birthday coupon" ... a free entree and dessert for my birthday! Everything about our dinner was perfect, and it left us wondering why we hadn't been there in almost a year ... from the warm greeting at the door to our wonderful server to our glasses of pinot noir to the clam chowder to the stuffed meatloaf and salmon entrees to the raspberry sorbet with berries ... all in all, it was a perfect dining experience ... and we will be back sooner rather than later! :DSpecial Features:
- LaurelDined on 8/18/2014This place is hit or miss. Sometimes it's great and sometimes it's just okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usualdroffopsDined on 8/14/2014This is the only restaurant I know where adults, picky kids, and people with food allergies/sensitivities can all eat together and be happy. Everything was great. The place was really busy and you would never have known it. Food was great. My granddaughter would be happy to eat only the foccacia and dipping oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant.pattyDined on 8/14/2014Great food every time we go. It's nice we have a few venues of NYAJ in our area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/13/2014The bread was fantastic--moist and delicious-- the best we've had at NYAJ's in months. Loved the caramelized onions on top. Keep that baker!! The chicken piccata, a favorite, had extremely dry almost withered chicken, and small pieces. The worst we've had at NYAJ's. Still, their overall record as a restaurant is wonderful. We'll be back.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Food was good, however the portions seem to be shrinking! Usually get a salad with salmon on top, and the salmon has gotten tiny. Waiter was very slow.Special Features:
- Exceptional experienceYummyDined on 8/5/2014Exceptional service with friendly and pleasant waitstaff and manager. Wonderful meals! Chef consented to making crab cakes as an appetizer...customized service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2014We always seem to enjoy Not Your Average Joes, Beverly. Our server was Morgan M. she was wonderful! The food and sevice are always superb!Special Features:
- The following 415 reviews are from the Not Your Average Joe's Beverly reviews archive.
- Always a pleasure!Tablefor4Dined on 7/26/2014One of the things that we enjoy most about this restaurant is the friendly atmosphere and staff. Always with a smile, always ready to bring more bread, adapt an order, accommodate picky children. The atmosphere is lively and welcoming. Our last visit was as a group of 12-they put us near the back of the restaurant and we were able to converse comfortably. The food is American comfort food with a twist-different veggie blends and sauces. Nice bread and dip come as soon as you are seated. Fine kid's menu-pasta, burger, steak, chicken, pizza. Shirley temples are always a hit. Nice selection of beer, wine and mixed drinks. I would wholeheartedly recommend Not Your Average Joes, Beverly MA!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always good!cooljudeDined on 7/24/2014This is one place where we can count on good food/drink, for good prices in a good atmosphere............never very noisy, and always a friendly staff.Special Features:
- What a deal!rinaDined on 7/24/2014We love NYAJ because the food is fresh, creative, delicious! Prices are very reasonable,you can't ask for more!Special Features:
- Co worker get togetherCdahl207Dined on 7/21/2014My coworkers and I got together once again here for a birthday celebration. This place is awesome for us because it's central to us all. Highly recommend this place for groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not enoughLefthungryDined on 7/17/2014I ordered the chicken kabob skewers special and it was listed as an entrée but really there was only enough food on my plate for an appetizer. A bit disappointed for the price I paid. I had only about 5 super small pieces of chicken cut up and about 5 sweet potato fries, for $16.99 I expected a little more. They did say skewer(S) and not skewer.Special Features: