8100 Boone Blvd
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://nostosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7037600690
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am to 2:30pm Monday-Friday 5:00pm to 10:00pm Saturday 5:00pm to 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wine
A word from Nostos Restaurant
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Nostos Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Vienna ›
Nostos Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
367 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (239)special occasion (172)neighborhood gem (157)great for lunch (111)good for groups (100)romantic (87)notable wine list (74)hot spot (61)vibrant bar scene (36)kid-friendly (17)great for brunch (13)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014Food is excellent. Been here twice, always impressed with the quality. The wait staff……well, they could learn to be a bit more charming, and they make you feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/26/2014The decor, the food, and the ambiance are all amazing. This is fresh, high quality Greek food that will keep you coming back!Special Features:
- DeliciousDinersFromDCVIPDined on 8/26/2014Very delicious food at good price point. The branzino is prepared perfectly, I have had it on four different visits to Nostos. The place have a very nice vibe but is extremely noisy so it is very difficult to have a conversation as you find yourself shouting over the table next to you who are shouting over the table next to them. I've learned to stay away on weekends because of this but I love the food and usually opt for weekday reservation and eat typically earlier than I usually would.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CliftonCoupleDined on 8/25/2014Nostos was highly recommended to us and it didn't disappoint. The flaming cheese, sea bass, and lamb chops were outstanding. The atmosphere and service were very welcoming. Our high expectations were exceeded and we can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great but difficult to hearviennawondersDined on 8/25/2014I have three criteria- food, service and ability to enjoy the company of those at our table. Nostos has wonderful food, we ordered about 12 different dishes and enjoyed all of the especially the beet salad and the Greek beans. The server offered no indication that he was happy we were there.The last time I was at Nostos, the server was great- helpful with menu recommendations. This time, no help or advice. The problem with Nostos is the noise level. We asked for a quiet table and were seated in the middle of the large noisy dining room. A friend invited us to dinner at Nostos next Saturday. I am not looking forward to shouting and to asking people to repeat themselves. Difficult for 4 of us, next week there will be 6!
- Too noisy this timeItsADiningExperienceDined on 8/23/2014We have dined here several times. For the first time we came at 8 pm on a Saturday. It was so noisy you could not have a conversation across a table for six. The bar was the quietest spot in the whole place! We love the food and the service, but will only come back at less crowded times. They should consider putting down a carpet or some type of noise dampening elements on the walls. Also, the kitchen seemed a little slow when the place was completely full.
- FantasticGolnjDined on 8/23/2014The food is superb, the service is great! Looking forward to my next visit. Took two friends last week and they loved it! The only complaint is noise level if you want to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Small Plate DelightMountainBikeDined on 8/23/2014A great place for small plates to share. Prices are moderate and the service was great. However, the noise level was a bit loud and the room could use some sound dampening wall coverings. However, this is a very minor thing.Special Features:
- Great Greek RestaurantCandyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Every course from appetizers to deserts has a special Greek touch. The service is very good, and the restaurant is reminiscent of Greece.Special Features:
- Pushy Service - Mediocre FoodRockDined on 8/23/2014I've never felt so rushed during a meal! Everyone in my party noticed how often the waiter came back to our table pushing for us to order, rushing us to finish our appetizer, repeatedly trying to take our plates despite the food that remained on them and the fact that we were still eating that food. It was not just a matter of being attentive, it felt like they had our table reserved for another party 30 minutes after our reservation. I met my out-of-town family at this restaurant in the hopes of being able to share a nice relaxing meal. It was anything but. With regards to the food, we chuckled about how similar the lamb shank tasted to a can of Chef Boyardee... until we saw the bill. Overall, food was pretty bland and uninspiring.
- Poshy and deliciousTravellingdinerDined on 8/22/2014Nice ambiance, beautiful facility, very expensive for what it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like being in GreeceDiningInGreeceDined on 8/22/2014Elegant, beautiful and warming. The food is always delicious. The hostess and wait staff provide outstanding service. You feel like you are in their home. It is a wonderful delight experience each and every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Great environment!SamtheManDined on 8/22/2014Food was great! Mixed drinks not up to par!! We have been to Nostos many times and love the restaurant.Special Features:
- ashevillefunDined on 8/22/2014I am sorry to say that although the food was quite good, it was overshadowed by poor service. Our waiter seemed to have no interest in answering our questions, forgetting drinks, and was overtly preoccupied with pushing us along. Others started clearing before we were finished with our meal, stacking plates on my unfinished dinner before I could say anything. Maybe it would have been better if I had not liked my dinner?
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/22/2014Anything lamb is excellent. Service is impeccable. Martinis great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but prices have gone up!!!!CarlyeVIPDined on 8/20/2014Service was not good, very slow!! The noise level is very loud, you cannot have a talk!
- Great flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/20/2014Consistent food quality from previous visits. The salads tend to be a little "oil heavy" but you can always ask for it on the side. Personal favorite for Greek/Mediterranean food.Special Features:
- NYCguyVIPDined on 8/19/2014Food is simply superb - healthy and delicious - excellent menu with wide variety of choices - service is friendly but professional - very attentive. A bit below the radar screen but one of the best restaurants in the region.Special Features:
- Simply Delicious!SusanVIPDined on 8/19/2014We can't wait to go back! Everything we ate from appetizers to entree to dessert was delicious! My only complaint is that it was very loud ... not a lot of sound absorption, which meant talking across the table (for our party of 7) was challenging.Special Features:
- Great Greek Food1MaryBethVIPDined on 8/19/2014Delicious food. Both traditional and innovative dishes. The flaming cheese with ouzo (always fun and who doesn't like hot cheese?) and the grilled octopus were fantastic. Attentive service and nice atmosphere. The only downside for me was that they only have Greek wine. I love wine, but Greek wines are way to dry for me, so I struggled eating my fabulous food without a great glass of fruity big wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epicurean DelightCandyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Dining at Nostos takes us back to Greece. We enjoy the lamb and fish dishes, and a wide selection of appetizers all have a special Greek touch. The deserts are creative and delicious. The basil and bougainvillea at the entrance with a table for 2 also brings memories of Greece, and makes us nostalgic.Special Features:
- Not your Mom & Pop Greek CafeBruiserpDined on 8/14/2014I had been for lunch a few times and took wife and friends back for dinner. They were very impressed with everything. Service was quick and attentive. Wine suggestion was wonderful and not over the top expensive. Food was very tasty. The ladies had fish and I had the traditional sampler since I have always loved Greek food. All parts were done to perfection. Restaurant can be noisy but asked for a quiet table and got one. For a night out at a good restaurent you can't beat Nostos for food and value.Special Features:
- Had a marvelous mealBobbypuDined on 8/12/2014The Broiled Octopus was fantastic. First time I had it as an app. Almost steak like - broiled and singed to perfection. For the entrée I had the Black Sea Bass. Perfectly cooked and served over spinach. A hint of lemon and a good sized portion made for a good meal. My friend had the Lamb Shank -- also perfectly cooked and a large portion. Their cheese cake was good but over priced at $10 per slice. Nice wine list with good selection of Greek wines with an explanation on the menu of their origin and taste notes. A pleasant complementary sweet wine afterwards made for a nice conclusion to the meal.Special Features:
- excellent fishdhvaDined on 8/12/2014Nostos does an excellent job preparing fish. The saganaki is excellent as are the variety of other appetizer dips. The ambiance inside the restaurant takes you somewhere far away from the Leesburg Pike chaos just a block away. If this restaurant were in DC proper, it would be jam-packed all of the time.Special Features:
- Great DiningFoodloverDined on 8/11/2014This restaurant continues to reveal consistently good and imaginative cooking, along with an elegant and comfortable ambiance. Nostos has excellent fish dishes; I had the seafood stew, which consisted of fish, shrimp, squid, mussels and potatoes, in a wonderfully rich tomato based sauce. You'll want to use their outstanding bread to scoop up every bit of the sauce! My dinner companion had the branzino, which was prepared well; the waiter removing all the bones from the fish at the table. Our waiter was professional, pleasant, and efficient.Special Features:
- Still fantasizing...PhilipVIPDined on 8/9/2014Our dinner at Nostos was delicious, each course was a knockout, especially the sea bass and mussels!Special Features:
- Too NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/9/2014We were disappointed to find that the noise level is as high as it's ever been. The food is wonderful but I hate having to yell to my dinner companions. Will definitely make me consider future reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Treat!TheYCDined on 8/9/2014Nostos is always a great experience and well worth looking for, since it is a little tough to find. Our waiter provided a nice recommendation o the wine. We split the lamb and potatoes special - potatoes were well seasoned and the meat was falling apart likecrock-potted roast beef. We split a couple of mezzes, the dolmodakia and the grilled octopus earning many points!Special Features:
- Nice place, reasonableLocal01Dined on 8/8/2014Excellent Greek food with a flair. Lovely restaurant. Good simple fish and interesting Greek wines.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Much too loud. Food, service, ambiance were fine. Maybe a little overpriced, but we 4 could not hear ourselves talk.
- Outstanding Food!NOVADrewDined on 8/8/2014My new favorite restaurant in Tyson’s. Wonderful menu with small plate dining and traditional entrees. Spacious dining area allows more room between tables than many area restaurants. The lamb chops were the best I’ve had, and the apple cake was surprisingly delightful. The Greek wine list was a bit out of my comfort zone, but the waiter made an excellent recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/8/2014Great food, great service. Any lamb dish is excellent. They make great martinis, too.Special Features:
- baileyDined on 8/7/2014Great food and service, but noisy and quite pricey for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!HappyDinerDined on 8/5/2014Our choice to go to Nostos was to celebrate our parents' wedding anniversary and everything about the restaurant - the food, the service, the setting, the Cretan wine - all added to the special occasion. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Nostos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty Greek foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014We liked this restaurant. The ambience is nice and the Greek food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningKandGDined on 8/2/2014We arrived 30 minutes before our reservation time and they were able to seat us at a table even though we got there early. The restaurant was lively and tables were filled with happy diners. I loved the white stick decor that they used to section off the different dining rooms. Food, wine, service and ambiance were outstanding and we had a wonderful evening. It was a fun experience trying the mezedes (small plates). I'd say for we picked wisely for our monthly "date night" out! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to folks looking for a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningLF2013VIPDined on 8/2/2014The whole evening was outstanding! The first course we shared fried zucchini, lamb burgers and an eggplant concoction. The zucchini was one of the best I've ever had - light, airy and served hot. The lamb burgers were fantastic, juicy and excellent flavors. My lamb chops were amazing - so tender and cooked perfectly. The whole table completely enjoyed their meals, and their sea bass and halibut entrees were also outstanding. Desserts were fabulous - we had four different ones and each was wonderful. Wine selections were terrific. The main restaurant room gets a little noisy, but very energetic. Love the decor - very clean, and contemporary. Service was also excellent, zero complaints from this picky group. A wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationSpecial58Dined on 8/2/2014Best lamb chops ever! Wine recommended by waiter for our dinner was superb. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drduckyDined on 8/2/2014The food was quite good, though the service not up to par. I expected more, given white table cloths and somewhat elevated prices vs average for Greek food. I felt rushed from the beginning and was out the door in under an hour. Plates were stacked on the table for clearance :( Nonetheless, the surprisingly good wine and food would bring me back (just with different expectations for service)
- Delicious and FreshViennaVoyagerDined on 8/1/2014Nostos has some of the best fresh food, delicious fresh fish, and a great Greek wine list. The salads are light and refreshing, they have some of the best fish in the area. My meatarian friends love the lamb and their filet mignon. And the desserts are a great finish if you are treating yourself. The staff is friendly and attentive. My only hesitation on reviewing this place is that it might make it harder to get a reservation!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.