8100 Boone Blvd
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://nostosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7037600690
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am to 2:30pm Monday-Friday 5:00pm to 10:00pm Saturday 5:00pm to 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wine
A word from Nostos Restaurant
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Nostos Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Vienna ›
Nostos Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
369 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (257)special occasion (164)neighborhood gem (157)great for lunch (108)good for groups (102)romantic (86)notable wine list (72)hot spot (68)vibrant bar scene (33)kid-friendly (16)great for brunch (13)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great GreekflipflopDined on 10/18/2014Arrived early but still had to wait for my table. It was Saturday night and there was a very large party ahead of us. Our waiter was great and made some wonderful recommendations both for food and wine. One of our party had been there for lunch and it was not crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grecian delightCandyVIPDined on 10/18/2014We have eaten at Nostos many times and are grateful for delicious Greek food and warm service. The vegetable dishes are very good, as are the lamb and fish options. The deserts are all tempting.Special Features:
- Greek Small PlatesBruncherDined on 10/15/2014Met a friend for lunch and we loved it! Great Greek Village Salad, sword fish skewers, beef patties, and sampler plates. Everything was fresh and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/14/2014Nostos always has consistently good food and the wait staff is personable and very knowledgable of the wine list. It is never disappointmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Greek FoodAndyDined on 10/13/2014Nostos definitely has the best Greek food in northern Virginia and possibly the best in all of the DC metro area.Special Features:
- Meh.PubliusVIPDined on 10/13/2014The restaurant's acoustics are a bit loud for my taste. I don't like to have to lean forward to hear the person across the table. The arni youvesti was outstanding, as was the galaktobutico, but the lamb chops were overdone, unfortunately. I didn't get to try the other entrees we ordered. While the wait staff was friendly, we were there for just over an hour before our food came. That's a long time to wait to eat. Nostos is a bit pricey for the amount of food, especially when entrees don't come with a salad. The arni youvesti had no side dish, either (e.g., Greek potatoes or green beans) - just the lamb shank and orzo pasta. A Greek restaurant near my house charges less than half the price for this dish w/ salad and garlic bread.Special Features:
- Very ImpressedHappyDinersDined on 10/13/2014This was our first visit to Nostos and we were very impressed. The food and service were excellent. The staff were very courteous and friendly. We would certainly eat at Nostos again and recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- KhloeDined on 10/11/2014Great restaurant. Food, atmosphere and service are fabulous.Special Features:
- Very attentive serviceMarkDined on 10/11/2014Excellent service, very good food. Small portions served in very large plates. Expensive. if you have a hearing problem and wear hearing aids, the noise level is a bit much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "What did you say?"waltVIPDined on 10/10/2014You'll repeat this often because for some reason this restaurant is LOUD. Unbelievably so. The tables are pretty tightly packed as well so you will have a waiter's behind very close to you at some point during the meal. It can also be drafty. Their heating/cooling system blasts cold air periodically and it feels like a window was opened or something. Despite all this I still recommend this restaurant because the food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic place to take clientsRVAJessDined on 10/7/2014If part of what you do includes wining and dining important clients - you can't go wrong bringing them here. The food is fabulous and the staff is super attentive. Great experience!Special Features:
- NOISEB2BlunchDined on 10/7/2014The very good food and decor was serious marred by the din of voices. One could hear conversations from all around so much so that one had to practically shout too to be heard across the same table. Would hesitate to have a business lunch there again due to noise. It's a shame as the food is memorable.Special Features:
- Lunchtime Can Be HecticDJB1Dined on 10/7/2014I've had plenty of good experiences at Nostos. This week, however, my wife and I were surprised by poor service during lunch. Maybe Nostos was short-staffed, but we were never asked if we wanted anything to drink, our waiter disappeared for long periods of time, and we were handed the check before we could order coffee and dessert. The restaurant filled during our lunch, so perhaps the staff was overwhelmed. That said, eventually our food was good and we'll come back, but maybe not for lunch. (By the way, we were smart to make reservations; so should you.)Special Features:
- dinner at NostrosxxxxDined on 10/4/2014Everything was great, except for my food not being hot. It was pretty noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kittyluvDined on 10/4/2014Each dish prepared with exactitude. Best grilled octopus I've ever had, bar none.Special Features:
- The Best In DC AreaLunchTimeDined on 10/4/2014I have been dining at Nostos since it opened a couple of years ago. I have always been 100% satisfied with the service, ambiance and the fantastic food. I have taken groups of 6 or 8 and been just as happy with everything as when I go with one other. The lamb is always fantastic. They have the best chicken soup you will ever eat. A great wait staff help make dining at Nostos exceptional. If you have not visited this exceptional Greek restaurant you need to do so soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor service.ExServerDined on 10/3/2014The food here was unbelievable. Everything's from the bread, to the apps, to the entrees were delicious. The only problem I had was the service. The server was unfriendly and didn't smile once throughout our whole meal. When he eventually greeted our table, he didn't introduce himself or ask how we were doing or anything, not much of a greeting. Just "what do you want to drink." Our guests were religious and don't drink, so we did not order any cocktails. I could see the annoyance on his face when we just ordered sodas. When he came back with our drinks, he just asked what we wanted to order. Did not make any suggestions or go over any specials. The server made us feel unwelcomed and an inconvenience the few times he came to our table.Special Features:
- Exceptional food and serviceEricaDined on 9/30/2014My husband and I came here for the first time to celebrate our two year anniversary; I am so glad that we did! Our waiter, Evan, was helpful with the selection of our food and wine. The food was delicious! Our favorite dish, aside from the whole fish, was the grilled octopus and the Greek meatballs. We will definitely return in the near future.Special Features:
- Superb dining, great atmosphereDining42Dined on 9/30/2014I had a fantastic experience for lunch the other day, the food was amazing, and reminded me of the food I had while in Greece. Great atmosphere, and we could hear each other talking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third visit won't be the last!rcacDined on 9/27/2014This was our third visit to Nostos and each visit has been outstanding. Food is great from start to finish and wait staff is attentive and helpful. I encountered a minor issue with my entree which was handled professionally and quite satisfactorily by our waiter and manager. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- OutstandingMKA9Dined on 9/27/2014This is definitely not your local gyro joint. It is upscale and perfect for foodies. I had a couple of the small plates: grilled octopus (wonderful and tender) and the grilled scallops on a bed of spinach seasoned with a broth, which made it the best I've ever had anywhere! My husband had a more traditional dish, moussaka, which looked wonderful and which he thoroughly enjoyed. I wanted to try some of the dips but my diet is restricted as to bread so they brought my husband warm pita and me lovely sliced cucumbers. I would definitely go here again and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- go for the small platesIhaveafoodproblemDined on 9/27/2014super convenient (basically next door to the office building complex where Tiffany's is located). cold dip platter was delicious and the salads are great. I had high expectations for the bronzino and the roast lamb over orzo, but they were both oversalted. The grilled octopus is worth trying. the lunch menu is great - if you love gyros, this is not your local pita pit. From what I can remember, the lunch menu is more diverse than the dinner menu (and has all the small mezze dishes). Service, ambiance, and decor make it worth going back.Special Features:
- Our Favorite RestaurantCandyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Since we cannot go to Greece on the weekends, what is next best is to enjoy dinner at Nostos. Outside the entrance is a table for 2 with a fragrant bush of basil, and we are quickly transported to Greece in our minds. All the choices are authentically Greek. Our last visit had a vegetarian special with a stuffed tomato, spinach and rice, dolmades, and a vegetarian mousaka, and all were outstanding. The deserts also make us feel like we are in a Greek home.Special Features:
- amazing food + great service...butmediteraneanManDined on 9/26/2014the but is only the noise level which isnt the restaurant per say just a very loud collection of people in close proximity to us that we couldnt hear each other talk....but the food was beyond amazing and the service was great. i would recomend this place for groups or families or friends as long as u dont mind the noise level......but not a romantic or quiet place by any means...still i would go againSpecial Features:
- Highly recommendedFrancisHDined on 9/26/2014The restaurant is elegant while inviting. The food was delicious – I had the swordfish and J had the Traditional Sampler (vegetarian dolmades, spanakopita and eggplant papoutsaki with the lamb chop). We started with the sampler (tzatziki, taramosalata, tyrokafteri, feta and olives, imam baildi, and greek beans), The waiter was excellent. He was friendly and professional and very patient – we spent at least 2.5 hours.Special Features:
- Too expensive!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014Food was generally okay! But not good enough for the price we paid!Special Features:
- One of the Best Restaurants In NOVAPistolPackingBroadDined on 9/23/2014Food was wonderful, service attentive but not obtrusive. Great find, will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Worst Service I have ever hadTulipDined on 9/22/2014I recently visited Nostos for the first time, after hearing tons of great reviews from my family and Lebanese friends. I went with my parents (who are regulars), and we had the absolute worst service, I've ever had. The waiter was very rude, messed up our order and didn't want to fix it (he told us to "eat what he brought").We were barely attended to. It ruined what could have been a lovely night.
- Incredible authentic Greek foodNostosRocksDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I went for the first time on Friday 9/12...it was so good that we came back again on Friday 9/19. If you enjoy authentic Greek food (or Mediterranean food in general) you will love Nostos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- limited vegetarian optionsgrouplunchDined on 9/19/2014The vegetarian options were very limited. The Phyllo puffs were very greasy. When we ordered the last menu item in the traditional dishes as vegetarian, we were served with 3 phyllo covered spinach and cheese puffs.... and when ordered for a chicken version, the eggplant came with beef. For people who ate beef, the dishes were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food + great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014I took a friend to Nostos for the first time and she is a true foodie - she was delighted to discover a new 'find'! The sea bass was perfectly cooked and seasoned with perfect sides and my Taverna salad with grilled chicken was divine. I don't know when I enjoyed a salad so much! I was purposely eating light and the waiter was totally sweet about me not ordering appetizers and large entrees, along with alcohol. The server, Jerry (a darling Italian man) was the best waiter I think I have ever had - the way all waiters should be: solicitous without being overbearing, pleasant - not fake, and give excellent recommendations.Special Features:
- EsteeEsteeDined on 9/17/2014Nostos is my favorite go-to restaurant. Given we work hard for our money, it's terrific that that same attitude permeates all of Nostos. Service is swift and friendly. Food is magnificently prepared and presented. 'Have never had a disappointing meal at Nostos. With the added space, it seems a little quieter in the new room. However anywhere you sit is beautifully appointed and deliciously welcoming. For a special occasion, or just to treat yourself this is the place for you time and again.Special Features:
- High End GreekFoodiesDined on 9/17/2014We have been to Nostos on three occasions. Everytime has been excellent! We are foodies and they deliver amazing food and excellent service. No complaints :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014When I first went to Nostos I was very excited with the dishes I tried (mainly fish). I still think the fish are great but the other plates I tried in this last visit was greasy, portions are really small (i.e. ask for the meatballs plate $12 and it was only two meatballs!!!). Even though we ordered appetizers to share, and I had my main dish I was still hungry.
- SpartanmanDined on 9/15/2014The best Greek-inspired food in the entire DC area. Authentic in preparation and in fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!reviewerDined on 9/13/2014Food was delicious. Excellent ingredients, expertly prepared. Service was professional, warm and attentive. The dining room was noisy, but we sat at a table in the bar area which was, perhaps surprisingly, much quieter!Special Features:
- Lovely birthday dinnerViennaLNODined on 9/13/2014The restaurant is small and the noise level was high, but our party of 4 could still carry on a conversation without having to yell. Everything was delicious - we had feta and hot pepper spread, lamb meatballs and sesame crusted feta with honey to start. Moussaka was good, but lamb chops and sea bass were outstanding. Baklava was perfect.Special Features:
- Amazing!JanellHVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was my second visit to Nostos and I am still impressed with their ability to manage huge headcount and delicious food. The kitchen is amazing and the continue to earn their stars! The servers were overwhelmed but they never let you feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite restaurant!luv2discoverDined on 9/13/2014Our daughter treated us to Nostos for dinner to celebrate our 42nd wedding anniversary - our first time there - and we absolutely loved it! The food was amazing, the service was excellent, and the ambience lively and fun! Recommend having reservations to this very popular gem, especially on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently FineTryItAllDined on 9/12/2014Being of Greek origin and coming from a family of food lovers, I am often not satisfied with Greek restaurants. This was my fourth visit to Nostos. They definitely take Greek dining to a higher level. The food is consistent and cooked and presented to perfection. The service was very efficient and the host and server were very personable. Seafood is is a highlight here. I liked especially the octopus appetizer. The flavor of the food comes out in every dish. We'll come again and again.Special Features: