8100 Boone Blvd
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://nostosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (703) 760-0690
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am to 2:30pm Monday-Friday 5:00pm to 10:00pm Saturday 5:00pm to 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wine
A word from Nostos Restaurant
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Nostos Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Vienna ›
Nostos Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
367 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (261)neighborhood gem (166)special occasion (156)good for groups (104)great for lunch (98)romantic (82)hot spot (74)notable wine list (58)vibrant bar scene (30)kid-friendly (16)great for brunch (10)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Consistently OutstandingConsistentlyOutstandingVIPDined on 11/22/2014We have been several times and the quality of the food is always consistent. The grilled octopus is to die for - never rubbery or over-cooked. I have no idea how we haven't gotten one that's off after ordering it at least 20 times! The taramasalata is the best I've had. The branzino is always perfect. I prefer the meze to the entrees but that's just my personal preference. Nostos is a must-go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualasdfVIPDined on 11/21/2014The food at Nostos is always top notch, and they have an interesting rotation of specials. There is also a nice variety of Greek wines. My only complaint is that the acoustics of the dining room make it incredibly loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2014Really enjoyed the octopus and the eggplant appetizer..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEVER DISAPPOINTED!BABZDined on 11/21/2014Great place whether with a group or for two. Our appetizer favorites are the htapodi and saganaki, we will now add feta saganaki thanks to Panos. Sometimes we ask our server to create a taste experience for us from the mezedes menu which we enjoy with an extra dry, extremely cold vodka martini. Great wine list too. Definitely save room for dessert, you will be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to have a conversationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/20/2014We love this restaurant except for one thing. It is almost impossible to have a conversation with friends because of the noise level in the dining room. Nevertheless, we still go there because everything else is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a real Greek restaurant!zanexecVIPDined on 11/20/2014No gyro, no souvlaki...a real gem of a traditional Greek restaurant! Lived in Greece for many years and this is the real deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TPVADined on 11/19/2014Great food and great atmosphere. We keep coming back becuase it super great food and a really clean environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GreekBrenuartDined on 11/18/2014Very good food - everything I had was great. We got five appetizers and loved them all. I'd like to go back some time and try some entrees. The noise level was high, but as it got a little later it was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time - will be back.Montespertoli06Dined on 11/18/2014While we just had a few "small plates" the dishes were perfectly cooked and full of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good greek foodasalDined on 11/18/2014this was my second time at Nostos, this time was with colleagues at lunch. We were able to order several dishes and share them, and this turned out to be a good teamwork exercise in picking through the various 'mezedes' or small plates. All items were very good, but our favorite was the fried cod. Overall we'll go back, but it is a "nice" restaurant that is quaint in size and wouldn't be ideal for loud patrons or discussions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and very accomodating.PEOIWSDined on 11/15/2014Food was amazing. We also really appreciated how accomodating the restaurant was of a large group. We originally made the reservation for 8 people and ended up with 12 people and Nostos went out of its way to accomodate us. Service was very friendly. The sea bass entree was awesome and we really enjoyed the small flaming cheese plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's Greek to me!!JonahKuhioVIPDined on 11/14/2014Love this place - hoppin on Friday night - waiters are helpful to point out specials - you won't be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expected.............ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2014I had not been to Nostos before but was invited by a business colleague. The atmosphere is excellent, the staff was extremely professional, and I can't say enough about the food. I will definitely be back - its a great find for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/11/2014Service is always just ok, the food is terrific, which is why I keep going back. It was much nosier than usual and we had a very hard time hearing each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/11/2014The best Greek restaurant! Wonderful menu choices. Lamb dishes are delicious. The soups are always a treat. They make the best martinis in town! Service is exceptional -- helpful, professional, and friendly without being obsequious.Special Features:
- Regrettably Just Over-the-Top NoisyJakeVIPDined on 11/8/2014Guess we got lucky on our first visit several months ago when seated in a separate room - but this time (Saturday evening with a private party in the small room), it was so loud it was not tolerable - seriously, nerve jangling loud. Noticed several people with fingers in their ears, including myself! The food is truly awesome but we'll only try this again during the week, or when we hear they have fixed it, or when we forget how nerve-wracking it is. Interestingly we'd invited another couple to join us who suddenly "had other plans" once we mentioned where we wanted to take them. This is an expensive, yet extremely worthy food place - bring your ear plugs and by all means order a salad - they are to die for! I don't usually write reviews, but people need to be forewarned!
- Great service, Mediterranean menuJJinDCVIPDined on 11/8/2014We had the cold appetizer sampler, the grilled octopus, grilled lamb chops, dolmas, grilled calamari, and traditional entree sampler. Everything was excellent, what you would expect from a high end restaurant. The service, though, stood out for me. Our server was attentive and lively even though the restaurant was packed. My mom's ice tea never went empty. We even got three desserts, even though we only ordered one! If I am entertaining my parents, or anyone else, I would not bring them to any other restaurant in Tyson's Corner.Special Features:
- Halibut was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Greek appetizers were very good. My wife and I both ordered the halibut and it was very well prepared, not over-cooked, and excellent flavor. We brought our own bottle of French Bordeaux and the corkage fee was $30 - Higher that I expected, but it allowed up to have an expensive bottle since we do not know any of the Greek wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- repeat dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/7/2014I have been many times and have never been disappointed!Special Features:
- FabulousSailor123VIPDined on 11/4/2014My latest favorite restaurant in Tysons. A bit hard to find, tucked in a corner of a nondescript office building. But everyone has found it, as it is always full. The food is simply delicious...perfectly prepared. Especially the seafood. Love the swordfish so much it is hard to consider anything else.Special Features:
- With Six You Get Small PlatesBruncherDined on 11/3/2014We were celebrating the retirement of a coworker who had never had Greek food before. He LOVED it! Around the table were 4 others who had the usual Greek fare - lettuce with olives and feta, gyros, and baklava. They could not believe how great REAL Greek food is. A village salad with tomatoes, capers, cucumbers, and slices of feta with a light lemon and olive oil dressing. Fried cheese. Caviar dip. Fried calamari. Grilled beef, lamb, and chicken. Salmon over spinach. Small plates were the way to go!Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014My husband is Greek and his mother is an amazing cook, so we both are very critical when it comes to Greek food and usually disappointed in Greek restaurants. We absolutely loved Nostos. The food was excellent, loved the extensive Greek wine list, and the service perfect. We highly recommend and will go there again...many times.Special Features:
- Delicious Eveningkerriu73Dined on 11/1/2014Everything was wonderful except the noise level. We were happy to have our party of seven seated at a nice round table in the corner of the dining room, but it was very difficult to have a conversation with anyone except the person seated next to you. The food and service was fabulous.Special Features:
- Flavors of GreeceCandyVIPDined on 11/1/2014Whether you are a vegetarian, piscetarian or meat lover, you will find delicious choices at Nostos. The choices for appetizers are many, as well as a variety of fishes, and lamb prepared very nicely. The deserts are very special. And all dishes are Greek, through and through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/31/2014My new favorite restaurant!! However they are pricy.Special Features:
- Once again - PerfectAmb1VIPDined on 10/31/2014My husband and I really enjoy lunch at Nostos. We are never disappointed. The food and service have to be among the best at Tyson's Corner. You just have to try it. I am sure you will agree with me. We retrun often and recommend it to our family and friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/30/2014The food at Nostos is always excellent, and tonight's experience did not disappoint. I love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date spotJimmyCDined on 10/29/2014I took a first date to Nostos. Its probably a bit pricey for a first date (especially considering mine did not work out) but its a great spot for second or third dates and couples. Also the best Greek food I have ever had and the wine selection (mostly Greek wines) is superb and they made great recommendations.Special Features:
- Yum! Brrr! What??waltVIPDined on 10/28/2014LOVE Nostos' overall; the food is amazing! We frequent the restaurant and it is often a bit on the chilly side and always very loud (maybe the acousitcs?). The tables are a bit tightly packed but the restaurant is pretty; greek blues, greys and white. When we arrived on our last visit no one even acknowledged us walking in; they had their backs to the door and were preoccupied with something. I was a bit annoyed until a waiter recognized us and gave us a warm welcome, checked the computer and showed us to our seats. Restaurant is generally a bit more chaotic when management is buzzing around.Special Features:
- What A Fantastic Spot!infoodieheavenDined on 10/28/2014Nostos is a superior restaurant in Tysons Corner. What a gem. The food is outstanding and exactly what you find in Greece. The staff is warm and friendly, exactly what you find in Greece. The restaurant is lovely, whitewashed and contemporary in design and it feels just like Greece. The waiter who took care of us recommended a crisp cold white Greek wine that was simply delicious. Try the lamb chops for lunch. They are unforgettable! I have no hesitations in recommending Nostos over any other restaurant in Tysons Corner.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2014I am a foodie and am always looking for incredible food. I accidentally discovered Nostro a month ago, and have been back 3 times since. The fish dishes are exquisite and the vegetables that accompany them are flavorful and perfectly cooked. I had a few of the dips and they are fantastic (especially the eggplant dip). The complimentary bread that they serve as well as the olive tapenade set the tone for the delicious food that will follow. I had the lamb the last time I went, and it was tender and delicious. My friend had the halibut on a bed of spinach and she said it was the best halibut that she ever ate! I am simply addicted to this restaurant and look forward to many many visits.Special Features:
- SpartanmanDined on 10/27/2014We have lunched here before and loved it, our guests were taken with the freshness and value of their meals, the ambiance and the helpfulness of the waiter. One of those gems of a restaurant.Special Features:
- LynnDined on 10/25/2014Great food and service but there is no sound absorption material so noise level is up there - have to raise your voice to speak with dining companionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceGBM3Dined on 10/25/2014Went to Nostos for an anniversary. Our dining room was a bit crowded, but the noise level was acceptable. The food was excellent. We both had whole fish specials. Our waiter was Youri, and he was great. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Loved the sea bass with pistachio crust. Liked the service.Special Features:
- NoisyComtesseDined on 10/24/2014Love the food and service. Noise level near unbearable. Not romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/24/2014The grilled octopus and Branzino were as good or better than any we have ever had and we have had it many times in many great restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- work on the entriesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014salads, bread and spread were excellent, lamb shank not as flavourful or as lean as I would have preferred, swordfish disappointing, complimentary desert excellent. Pre cocktail a good pour and mixed correctly. All in all not overpriced a little overrated but will probably give Nostos another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for family and friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/23/2014We enjoyed the warm and discrete hospitality from mgt and waiters. They are not in your face but attentive enough. The foods were excellent and presented well. We did not drink, so there is no comment on the wine list or the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plan on spending a lot of time hereNoVaFoodieVIPDined on 10/22/2014Went for lunch with business colleagues. Place was super busy but still a group of 5 shouldn't be an issue and we had reservations. Everyone around us was seated AFTER us and yet was serviced their food BEFORE us. Ordered a shared app of the saganaki (flaming cheese) which took forever to arrive and yet within 5 minutes our entrees appeared. REALLY hate that - wouldn't order an app if my main course is going to arrive at same time. No time to enjoy the cheese which needs to be eaten when hot. Food was okay but not great. Had heard great things about this restaurant from others so maybe I need to try again