8100 Boone Blvd
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://nostosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7037600690
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am to 2:30pm Monday-Friday 5:00pm to 10:00pm Saturday 5:00pm to 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wine
A word from Nostos Restaurant
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Nostos Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Vienna ›
Nostos Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
364 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (247)special occasion (164)neighborhood gem (152)great for lunch (105)good for groups (98)romantic (87)notable wine list (72)hot spot (65)vibrant bar scene (35)kid-friendly (14)great for brunch (12)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- go for the small platesIhaveafoodproblemDined on 9/27/2014super convenient (basically next door to the office building complex where Tiffany's is located). cold dip platter was delicious and the salads are great. I had high expectations for the bronzino and the roast lamb over orzo, but they were both oversalted. The grilled octopus is worth trying. the lunch menu is great - if you love gyros, this is not your local pita pit. From what I can remember, the lunch menu is more diverse than the dinner menu (and has all the small mezze dishes). Service, ambiance, and decor make it worth going back.Special Features:
- amazing food + great service...butmediteraneanManDined on 9/26/2014the but is only the noise level which isnt the restaurant per say just a very loud collection of people in close proximity to us that we couldnt hear each other talk....but the food was beyond amazing and the service was great. i would recomend this place for groups or families or friends as long as u dont mind the noise level......but not a romantic or quiet place by any means...still i would go againSpecial Features:
- Highly recommendedFrancisHDined on 9/26/2014The restaurant is elegant while inviting. The food was delicious – I had the swordfish and J had the Traditional Sampler (vegetarian dolmades, spanakopita and eggplant papoutsaki with the lamb chop). We started with the sampler (tzatziki, taramosalata, tyrokafteri, feta and olives, imam baildi, and greek beans), The waiter was excellent. He was friendly and professional and very patient – we spent at least 2.5 hours.Special Features:
- Too expensive!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014Food was generally okay! But not good enough for the price we paid!Special Features:
- One of the Best Restaurants In NOVAPistolPackingBroadDined on 9/23/2014Food was wonderful, service attentive but not obtrusive. Great find, will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Worst Service I have ever hadTulipDined on 9/22/2014I recently visited Nostos for the first time, after hearing tons of great reviews from my family and Lebanese friends. I went with my parents (who are regulars), and we had the absolute worst service, I've ever had. The waiter was very rude, messed up our order and didn't want to fix it (he told us to "eat what he brought").We were barely attended to. It ruined what could have been a lovely night.
- Incredible authentic Greek foodNostosRocksDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I went for the first time on Friday 9/12...it was so good that we came back again on Friday 9/19. If you enjoy authentic Greek food (or Mediterranean food in general) you will love Nostos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- limited vegetarian optionsgrouplunchDined on 9/19/2014The vegetarian options were very limited. The Phyllo puffs were very greasy. When we ordered the last menu item in the traditional dishes as vegetarian, we were served with 3 phyllo covered spinach and cheese puffs.... and when ordered for a chicken version, the eggplant came with beef. For people who ate beef, the dishes were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food + great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014I took a friend to Nostos for the first time and she is a true foodie - she was delighted to discover a new 'find'! The sea bass was perfectly cooked and seasoned with perfect sides and my Taverna salad with grilled chicken was divine. I don't know when I enjoyed a salad so much! I was purposely eating light and the waiter was totally sweet about me not ordering appetizers and large entrees, along with alcohol. The server, Jerry (a darling Italian man) was the best waiter I think I have ever had - the way all waiters should be: solicitous without being overbearing, pleasant - not fake, and give excellent recommendations.Special Features:
- EsteeEsteeDined on 9/17/2014Nostos is my favorite go-to restaurant. Given we work hard for our money, it's terrific that that same attitude permeates all of Nostos. Service is swift and friendly. Food is magnificently prepared and presented. 'Have never had a disappointing meal at Nostos. With the added space, it seems a little quieter in the new room. However anywhere you sit is beautifully appointed and deliciously welcoming. For a special occasion, or just to treat yourself this is the place for you time and again.Special Features:
- High End GreekFoodiesDined on 9/17/2014We have been to Nostos on three occasions. Everytime has been excellent! We are foodies and they deliver amazing food and excellent service. No complaints :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014When I first went to Nostos I was very excited with the dishes I tried (mainly fish). I still think the fish are great but the other plates I tried in this last visit was greasy, portions are really small (i.e. ask for the meatballs plate $12 and it was only two meatballs!!!). Even though we ordered appetizers to share, and I had my main dish I was still hungry.
- SpartanmanDined on 9/15/2014The best Greek-inspired food in the entire DC area. Authentic in preparation and in fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!reviewerDined on 9/13/2014Food was delicious. Excellent ingredients, expertly prepared. Service was professional, warm and attentive. The dining room was noisy, but we sat at a table in the bar area which was, perhaps surprisingly, much quieter!Special Features:
- Lovely birthday dinnerViennaLNODined on 9/13/2014The restaurant is small and the noise level was high, but our party of 4 could still carry on a conversation without having to yell. Everything was delicious - we had feta and hot pepper spread, lamb meatballs and sesame crusted feta with honey to start. Moussaka was good, but lamb chops and sea bass were outstanding. Baklava was perfect.Special Features:
- Amazing!JanellHVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was my second visit to Nostos and I am still impressed with their ability to manage huge headcount and delicious food. The kitchen is amazing and the continue to earn their stars! The servers were overwhelmed but they never let you feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite restaurant!luv2discoverDined on 9/13/2014Our daughter treated us to Nostos for dinner to celebrate our 42nd wedding anniversary - our first time there - and we absolutely loved it! The food was amazing, the service was excellent, and the ambience lively and fun! Recommend having reservations to this very popular gem, especially on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently FineTryItAllDined on 9/12/2014Being of Greek origin and coming from a family of food lovers, I am often not satisfied with Greek restaurants. This was my fourth visit to Nostos. They definitely take Greek dining to a higher level. The food is consistent and cooked and presented to perfection. The service was very efficient and the host and server were very personable. Seafood is is a highlight here. I liked especially the octopus appetizer. The flavor of the food comes out in every dish. We'll come again and again.Special Features:
- Wonderful!DiningInGreeceDined on 9/12/2014Always outstanding the food is wonderfully fresh and great. I have recommended several people who were quite surprised by how great this place is. It's like you step back into Greece. Superb!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FindStretchDined on 9/11/2014We are thrilled to have an excellent Greek restaurant in Northern VA. The service was friendly and outstanding. The food was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally...a truly Greek restairamtzanexecVIPDined on 9/11/2014Delighted to find this Greek dining establishment in the Tyson's Corner area. A crowded Tuesday night but the wait staff, hostess and owner couldn't have been more obliging. The food was so truly Greek...not a watered downed Americanized version. I will be back...again and again.Special Features:
- Greek Dining OpportunityMontyHDined on 9/11/2014Like Greek food? Then you need to visit Nostos. It is hidden away in Tyson's Corner, just off Leesburg Pike near Tiffany's and Just behind the McDonalds. The atmosphere and design of the resturant is marvelous. Think Nuvo Greek. The food is 4 Stars. They have the traditional Greek dishes, and they are cooked to perfection. Try the Arni dishes and the Taramosalata. You will not regret your visit.Special Features:
- Leisurely Ladies LunchAmySueDined on 9/11/2014Lunch or Dinner, Nostos is wonderful for those who love Greek Cuisine or if you're trying it for the first time. If you are pressed for time, this may not be the place for your lunch break. This is for business meetings, catching up with friends, etc. Waiter was attentive without hovering, suggested excellent wine choices to go with our lunch. Delicious food, excellent atmosphere. Reservations are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at NostosGoodfoodonlyDined on 9/9/2014This restaurant is great find for Tyson's Corner. I have had both lunch and dinner at Nostos. The food is great, the wine list is fun and the service is fine. The noise level is out of control. Many large groups go there (recommended by hotel concierges?) and there isn't much in decor to absorb the sound. I found this to be true at both lunch and dinner. Don't go if you are trying to have a business dinner. You can't hear anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nostos dinner reviewAnneDined on 9/9/2014I have eaten at Nostos several times and each time is fabulous. Nostos is my favorite restaurant now and I recommend it to everyone I can. The service and food are outstanding and the tops. The fish dishes are unbelievably awesome. The only negative is the noise level which is too high.Special Features:
- Great foodTem25Dined on 9/9/2014Fantastic food, great spot to take customers for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Greek food !!RickDined on 9/6/2014Good food, but really crowded on a Saturday night and very noisy. Service was OK I guess for such a big crowd but could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnSDined on 9/6/2014Food and wine were very good. Service was only intermittently attentive. Noise level made conversation difficult. Due to noise, I will probably not return anytime soon, but will instead look for a quieter place.
- Noisy with fair food.FallsChuchFoodieDined on 9/5/2014This was the noisiest restaurant I have ever been in. We had to yell at each other to be heard. The food was hit or miss and way over priced. Service could have been better. I had to ask what the specials were and our table was left full of crumbs. Standouts were the grilled octopus and the desserts. Saganaki was hard and not melted even after being flamed. Chicken was way too salty. Lamb chops were over cooked when we asked for medium rare. Not sure how this place made the 100 Best Restaurant list in DC.
- CycloneDined on 9/5/2014The noise was so loud we had trouble talking and hearing each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mauroomieDined on 9/4/2014It was our wedding anniversary and we wanted to try someplace we hadn't been before. The atomosphere was inviting, very knowledgeable waiter- great recommendations and excellent service. We tried several of the small portion items and each was wonderful!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/3/2014Two of us had the lamb shank. Two of us had the halibut special. All four of us were quite happy! The lamb shank was fork tender, no knife required.Special Features:
- Great food for mezze or for dinnerVAspagirlDined on 9/2/2014We were a party of 4. We shared an appetizer and bottle of wine, and we each ordered a small plate - the swordfish skewers were delicious. Since the small plates generally don't include a side, we ordered the oven roasted potatoes as well. We shared two desserts, and left feeling very satisfied. As usual, the food was excellent, and the service attentive but not hovering. The noise level is the only detraction from this lovely restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDLfoodieDined on 8/30/2014Recently stayed nearby for a DC weekend and tried this restaurant. Absolutely wonderful. Cannot recommend it highly enough.Special Features:
- Always delicious!SuziDined on 8/30/2014The food and service is always wonderful. A fine family owned establishment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014Food is excellent. Been here twice, always impressed with the quality. The wait staff……well, they could learn to be a bit more charming, and they make you feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/26/2014The decor, the food, and the ambiance are all amazing. This is fresh, high quality Greek food that will keep you coming back!Special Features:
- DeliciousDinersFromDCVIPDined on 8/26/2014Very delicious food at good price point. The branzino is prepared perfectly, I have had it on four different visits to Nostos. The place have a very nice vibe but is extremely noisy so it is very difficult to have a conversation as you find yourself shouting over the table next to you who are shouting over the table next to them. I've learned to stay away on weekends because of this but I love the food and usually opt for weekday reservation and eat typically earlier than I usually would.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CliftonCoupleDined on 8/25/2014Nostos was highly recommended to us and it didn't disappoint. The flaming cheese, sea bass, and lamb chops were outstanding. The atmosphere and service were very welcoming. Our high expectations were exceeded and we can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great but difficult to hearviennawondersDined on 8/25/2014I have three criteria- food, service and ability to enjoy the company of those at our table. Nostos has wonderful food, we ordered about 12 different dishes and enjoyed all of the especially the beet salad and the Greek beans. The server offered no indication that he was happy we were there.The last time I was at Nostos, the server was great- helpful with menu recommendations. This time, no help or advice. The problem with Nostos is the noise level. We asked for a quiet table and were seated in the middle of the large noisy dining room. A friend invited us to dinner at Nostos next Saturday. I am not looking forward to shouting and to asking people to repeat themselves. Difficult for 4 of us, next week there will be 6!