8100 Boone Blvd
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://nostosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7037600690
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am to 2:30pm Monday-Friday 5:00pm to 10:00pm Saturday 5:00pm to 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wine
A word from Nostos Restaurant
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Nostos Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Vienna ›
Nostos Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
357 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (235)special occasion (174)neighborhood gem (153)great for lunch (109)good for groups (99)romantic (87)notable wine list (75)hot spot (55)vibrant bar scene (32)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (13)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (5)Show More
- Great flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/20/2014Consistent food quality from previous visits. The salads tend to be a little "oil heavy" but you can always ask for it on the side. Personal favorite for Greek/Mediterranean food.Special Features:
- Not your Mom & Pop Greek CafeBruiserpDined on 8/14/2014I had been for lunch a few times and took wife and friends back for dinner. They were very impressed with everything. Service was quick and attentive. Wine suggestion was wonderful and not over the top expensive. Food was very tasty. The ladies had fish and I had the traditional sampler since I have always loved Greek food. All parts were done to perfection. Restaurant can be noisy but asked for a quiet table and got one. For a night out at a good restaurent you can't beat Nostos for food and value.Special Features:
- Had a marvelous mealBobbypuDined on 8/12/2014The Broiled Octopus was fantastic. First time I had it as an app. Almost steak like - broiled and singed to perfection. For the entrée I had the Black Sea Bass. Perfectly cooked and served over spinach. A hint of lemon and a good sized portion made for a good meal. My friend had the Lamb Shank -- also perfectly cooked and a large portion. Their cheese cake was good but over priced at $10 per slice. Nice wine list with good selection of Greek wines with an explanation on the menu of their origin and taste notes. A pleasant complementary sweet wine afterwards made for a nice conclusion to the meal.Special Features:
- Great DiningFoodloverDined on 8/11/2014This restaurant continues to reveal consistently good and imaginative cooking, along with an elegant and comfortable ambiance. Nostos has excellent fish dishes; I had the seafood stew, which consisted of fish, shrimp, squid, mussels and potatoes, in a wonderfully rich tomato based sauce. You'll want to use their outstanding bread to scoop up every bit of the sauce! My dinner companion had the branzino, which was prepared well; the waiter removing all the bones from the fish at the table. Our waiter was professional, pleasant, and efficient.Special Features:
- Still fantasizing...PhilipVIPDined on 8/9/2014Our dinner at Nostos was delicious, each course was a knockout, especially the sea bass and mussels!Special Features:
- Too NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/9/2014We were disappointed to find that the noise level is as high as it's ever been. The food is wonderful but I hate having to yell to my dinner companions. Will definitely make me consider future reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Treat!TheYCDined on 8/9/2014Nostos is always a great experience and well worth looking for, since it is a little tough to find. Our waiter provided a nice recommendation o the wine. We split the lamb and potatoes special - potatoes were well seasoned and the meat was falling apart likecrock-potted roast beef. We split a couple of mezzes, the dolmodakia and the grilled octopus earning many points!Special Features:
- Nice place, reasonableLocal01Dined on 8/8/2014Excellent Greek food with a flair. Lovely restaurant. Good simple fish and interesting Greek wines.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Much too loud. Food, service, ambiance were fine. Maybe a little overpriced, but we 4 could not hear ourselves talk.
- Outstanding Food!NOVADrewDined on 8/8/2014My new favorite restaurant in Tyson’s. Wonderful menu with small plate dining and traditional entrees. Spacious dining area allows more room between tables than many area restaurants. The lamb chops were the best I’ve had, and the apple cake was surprisingly delightful. The Greek wine list was a bit out of my comfort zone, but the waiter made an excellent recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/8/2014Great food, great service. Any lamb dish is excellent. They make great martinis, too.Special Features:
- baileyDined on 8/7/2014Great food and service, but noisy and quite pricey for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!HappyDinerDined on 8/5/2014Our choice to go to Nostos was to celebrate our parents' wedding anniversary and everything about the restaurant - the food, the service, the setting, the Cretan wine - all added to the special occasion. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Nostos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty Greek foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014We liked this restaurant. The ambience is nice and the Greek food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningKandGDined on 8/2/2014We arrived 30 minutes before our reservation time and they were able to seat us at a table even though we got there early. The restaurant was lively and tables were filled with happy diners. I loved the white stick decor that they used to section off the different dining rooms. Food, wine, service and ambiance were outstanding and we had a wonderful evening. It was a fun experience trying the mezedes (small plates). I'd say for we picked wisely for our monthly "date night" out! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to folks looking for a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningLF2013VIPDined on 8/2/2014The whole evening was outstanding! The first course we shared fried zucchini, lamb burgers and an eggplant concoction. The zucchini was one of the best I've ever had - light, airy and served hot. The lamb burgers were fantastic, juicy and excellent flavors. My lamb chops were amazing - so tender and cooked perfectly. The whole table completely enjoyed their meals, and their sea bass and halibut entrees were also outstanding. Desserts were fabulous - we had four different ones and each was wonderful. Wine selections were terrific. The main restaurant room gets a little noisy, but very energetic. Love the decor - very clean, and contemporary. Service was also excellent, zero complaints from this picky group. A wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationSpecial58Dined on 8/2/2014Best lamb chops ever! Wine recommended by waiter for our dinner was superb. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drduckyDined on 8/2/2014The food was quite good, though the service not up to par. I expected more, given white table cloths and somewhat elevated prices vs average for Greek food. I felt rushed from the beginning and was out the door in under an hour. Plates were stacked on the table for clearance :( Nonetheless, the surprisingly good wine and food would bring me back (just with different expectations for service)
- Delicious and FreshViennaVoyagerDined on 8/1/2014Nostos has some of the best fresh food, delicious fresh fish, and a great Greek wine list. The salads are light and refreshing, they have some of the best fish in the area. My meatarian friends love the lamb and their filet mignon. And the desserts are a great finish if you are treating yourself. The staff is friendly and attentive. My only hesitation on reviewing this place is that it might make it harder to get a reservation!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just FabulousFoodyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Nostos is one of the best resters. in the Wasington area and the best restr. in the Tysons area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Outstanding MealEllenDined on 8/1/2014Love the food at Nostos. The branzino fish is amazing, the grilled whole calamari is also another favorite of our. All the small plates are wonderful tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Greek RestaurantWhereTheFrenchLocaksGoVIPDined on 8/1/2014A more expensive but worth the price cute Greek restaurant tucked way within an office building in Tyson's Corner. Food quality is one of the best I have had. Serves an established clientel that expect to be treated with reputational respect. Definitely recommend for romantic as all white decor is reminiscent of the homeland. Great for office executives as well given the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food in a Beautiful SettingNeenDined on 7/31/2014I love Nostos. All of the food is amazing, especially the Greek meatballs and the saganaki (cheese flambé). They have small plates and full entrees--I recommend the small plates for sampling and sharing with friends. This is a perfect spot to meet up and chat with friends you haven't seen in a while. It also works for a romantic dinner--my husband took me here for our anniversary last year and I was very pleased.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/30/2014Food, service, ambiance all top notch as always!! We had grilled calamari, cooked perfectly with a nice grilled/ smokey flavor, shared the beet and arugula salad, very fresh, and also had the feta and hot pepper spread with pita..yummy!! For entrees we all had fish; 2 halibut (a favorite), and 1 salmon. The fish is always cooked perfectly, moist and delicious. The food is fresh and "clean" without heavy sauces or seasonings just perfect! It was a special occasion for one of our party and her friend had delivered a cake which they gladly kept for a day and surprised her with after dinner.Special Features:
- DEGSDMDined on 7/30/2014The service was outstanding, the food was OK, and the décor of the restaurant is nice, modern, and clean. Reference the noise level: It started out nice (we could talk to each other) by the time half of the tables filled up we couldn't hear each other without yelling. I guess you call that "energetic"......I call it unpleasantly loud.
- Ist time at NostosJohnVIPDined on 7/30/2014This will not be our last time at Nostos. Great food, Evan was a great server. Wine was outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent setting, great foodParisPerfectVIPDined on 7/29/2014Beautiful, simple and elegant decor, great food and friendly staff - if somewhat overworked and less attentive than would be expected during busy periods. The fish preparation here is one of the best in the DC area IMHO. Try the grilled octopus and the whole fish with olive oil/lemon - simple and amazing! If you love good food, this place deserves a try.Special Features:
- Good placedrmoriartiDined on 7/26/2014As suburban restos go, this place is a good find (that is- if you can find it).Special Features:
- Best Greek Restaurant in VirginaCandyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Very authentic Greek cuisine with delicious appetizers, as well as main courses. The deserts are creative, as well as traditional.Special Features:
- Very ImpressedHungryMonsterDined on 7/25/2014Everything we ordered was great! We also had an awesome waiter who made good recommendations and was very engaging. We'll go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- arshVIPDined on 7/25/2014Love this place food is great we will recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/25/2014Wonderful food, true to the Greek cuisine and service ethos. Lovely experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GreekCinelliSuperCorsaDined on 7/25/2014We dined at Nostos at Tysons Corner with friends we've known for 30 years. We arrived at 7:15 pm for our reservation and left past 11:00 pm and the food was scrumptous, the waiter was superb and the other staff were spot on, non-intrusive, but always "there" when a wine or water needed replenished. We highly recommend Nostos for an evening out....Special Features:
- Fabulous Mediterranean FoodjamdoggDined on 7/25/2014Our meal here was memorable. The food was fantastically good, not something you can say very often. Our group of four had both small plates and main courses, with a shared mezzo appetizer that was outstanding--dips that were lush and fragrant with spice. The small plates are an excellent option, allowing you to try several things to share. The main courses looked delicious and reports were that they were just that. Service was great--attentive but not hovering, never lacking anything. Only downside is the noise level, which made conversation a bit difficult. Food so good I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- 13th BirthdayAmb1VIPDined on 7/25/2014We had an awesome lunch with our 13 year old grand daughter. She decided on a traditional Greek stew. We had the fish. Both meals were done to perfection. We enjoyed the food, the outstanding service, and the apple cake.Special Features:
- great food, beautiful restaurantabc1VIPDined on 7/21/2014service is lovely noise level is impossible to deal with, they really need to do something about the acoustics. we have been there twice in two different rooms, on a weekend and a weeknight. not inclined to return because of the noise level-a shame, because everything else is just about perfect!
- Nostos continues to supriseIllusionVIPDined on 7/19/2014I took clients for dinner after I had already visited Nostos previously for lunch and the place lived up to my expectations - particularly since the place was fully booked on Sat night. The service was superb; the appetizers superb (grilled octopus rules) and while I did not partake in the entrée my guests loved theirs. If you did not know the location of Nostos - you need to! Tucked off Gallows Rd in Tysons Corner area in a business block - it is worth a visit - often!Special Features:
- Greek Dining at its BestCandyVIPDined on 7/19/2014We feel like we are in Greece when we dine at Nostos. The Greek cuisine is well-prepared and lovingly served. Every dish we have tried is great.Special Features:
- great food but...OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/18/2014We've been to Nostos several times & love the food. The service is usually outstanding, but this time we were very rushed. Entrees were delivered before we finished appetizers. Plates were removed while we were still chewing. [waiters: it is RUDE to take plates before everyone is finished] As for the acoustics, they've made some effort to tone down the noise, but it's still very difficult to hold a conversation. Nostos could be a perfect restaurant if they'd smooth out these issues.
- Best Branzino in DCDinersFromDCVIPDined on 7/17/2014We went in for lunch of salads in June and really enjoyed the experience! The Village Salad and Seafood salads were delicious and fresh as could be. Service was excellent and what a nice dining room. A real treat in a Steak House town! Yesterday we were back for dinner and it was awesome. The branzino was the best in Washington at half the cost of DC's hot seafood spots. This is just really great authentic, delicious greek food served by a fantastic team in a beautiful setting. It was just so nice with such a good vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.