1133 Austin Hwy
San Antonio, TX 78209Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://noshsa.com/
- Phone: 2108266674x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Global, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Luca Della Casa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us at 210.826.6674 for your off-site catering needs. Nosh staff will assist you in designing the perfect menu for you and your guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Our unique location offers a range of special event rooms, private dining rooms, bar area and a patio. Our staff can assist you in choosing the best location to suit your specific needs. With our ability to accommodate up to 50 guests, whether you are planning a business meeting, luncheon, cocktail party, reception or special occasion, Nosh looks forward to serving you. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or special requests for your private dining event.
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Richardson 2108248686x
A word from NOSH
Nosh brings together diverse flavors & ingredients; offering small plates for sharing family style with several selections per guest. With options ranging from grilled Argentinian sausage to fresh house-made tagliatelle, the menu explores cuisine from around the world. Nosh also boasts an extensive beer and wine list to compliment any item on the menu. Open for lunch, dinner and late-night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
NOSH reviews from OpenTable diners
- Inconsistent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014Was our 3rd or 4th visit since moving a few blocks away. Had a reservation, but was seated without them asking about one or getting our names. Within 5 minutes after our reservation time the restaurant had no open 4 tops, so I don't know what their plan was if we actually showed up with our reservation at that time. Seems to be a pattern, usually make an Opentable reservation there, but they never ask. Food is hit/miss, sometimes great, sometimes only a few things are good. On this last visit, mussels were awful, server didn't even ask why we didn't eat them. Had to stare down the server to get his attention. Haven't seen Chef Luca in the kitchen on any visits, guess he's busy now running Silo upstairs.Special Features:
- Quick bite in an hour and 15 minsforevereatingdessertVIPDined on 5/9/2014I've been dining at NOSH since it opened a few years ago- always had great service, great food and drinks. Maybe my last visit was an off night, but everything was terrible. It took 5 minuets for 2 people to be sat after our reservation in a not crowded restaurant and patio. Ordered 2 drinks and they took 15 minuets to arrive. Ordered fries, veggie pizza and burrata della campania. Pizza- cold, tasteless aside from salty capers. Burrata della- Cheese arrived ice cold (supposed to be room temp) and in a puddle from the room temp zucchini (supposed to be cold) that had been sitting for a while. The drinks and the frites were excellent! Since plenty of restaurants have mastered drinks and fries as well as service, I will not be back.
- Just what I wantedJimMcDined on 3/22/2014Great Parmesan fries and beer selection. We were able to enjoy talking with our friends and several small plate dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious little plates!OnesmallratDined on 3/15/2014The mussels were superb and everything tasted fresh and different. Would love to go again and try new specials!Special Features:
- DisappointedAjcobbDined on 2/22/2014After all of the reviews we expected a busy place on a Saturday night and great food, what we found was a half full restaurant and average food at best. We started with the truffle fries and they were good but not remarkable. The table ordered two pasta dishes, both with undercooked pasta. We sent the ravioli back because it was so chewy and the redone plate was only slightly better. The pork belly pizza was fine but like the fries, not extraordinary. Service was OK but nothing to return for. On a side note do not ask for any of the dishes that got raves from previous menus, the current chef will not make them. This was a first visit and we will not return.
- NicenikoDined on 2/22/2014The atmosphere was nice. The server was attentive and friendly. As for the food, the lobster ravioli was a bit under cooked and the pizza was okay. The truffle fries were great and the crepe was very good. I liked the cleanness and quiet. This spot is nice for a first date or romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've been before withoutJLPBDined on 10/17/2013We've been before without reservations. There was no record of our OpenTable reservation, according to the person who greeted us, so we were seated in a back room which was very cold - others also complained, moved tables or left to sit at the bar because it was so chilly. No solution was offered to address the situation. Service was very slow - they seemed understaffed and were quite busy. Food, however, was quite good.
- Great date night!Luv2eatDined on 10/11/2013My husband and I went out for a "Date night" and had a wonderful time. The portions were just right and the food was awesome. Our server was knowledgeable and pleasant! We would recommend NOSH to anyone. We look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am a little disappointedfd4thghtDined on 9/21/2013I am a little disappointed in their menu. We ordered two small dishes, both were deep fried and on the dryer side. However, we'd expected some sort of dip to balance out the dryness, but neither had any dip, and flavors were average. We liked their wild boar pizza, but another tuna fish we ordered tasted like salted tuna from a can. I am not impressed with the food we ordered this time.
- Nice noon "nosh"GRANOLAVIPDined on 9/12/2013Great place for a lovely lunch of fabulous food prepared by a talented chef and delivered by a super-friendly, energetic and efficient server, Ashely.She single-handedly managed the lunch crowd with a cheerful attitude and competence and made wonderful recommendations as she helped my fickle-self choose from the somewhat limited menu. Shrimp salad was small on size but large on flavor from the divine dressing that I wanted to lick from the bottom of the bowl (I refrained!). I was then WOWED by the wild boar pizza. The perfect crust (better than a few of the "designer" newbie pizza joints around town) and wonderful combination of tasty toppings made my tummy tap dance. I ate all but one piece (oink oink),so no dessert...always next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great find!! ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2013This is a great find!! Excellent favors and decent portion sizes with a good beer and wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!amandam106Dined on 8/7/2013This is a tapas style restaurant. Small plates loaded with flavor. Loved all dishes we tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful find!AggiefoodieDined on 7/20/2013We were impressed with Nosh from the moment we walked in! Friendly staff & beautiful building! The small plates were nice for sharing.... Truffle fries were amazing. The wine flight was a nice addition to our meal. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great Dinner Special from NOSHOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2013NOSH ran a three day special this week, three course dinner for two for just $27. I made dinner reservations on OpenTable.com and went Friday evening. The courses consisted of cherry tomato and mozzarella salad, maltagliati pasta with spicy sausage, and vanilla sponge cake with chocolate filling. The portions were generous and the meal was delicious. By the time we left, it seemed everyone in the restaurant was taking advantage of the special. Get on the NOSH mailing list and take advantage of their great dinner specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for beer & small-plate fareYummyinSAVIPDined on 6/11/2013Nosh is a convenient neighborhood place that is near Alamo Heights in San Antonio. It has great selections of craft beers that they serve in beer flights. They also specialize in small-plate dishes that can allow you to try various things without overeating. Generally yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/17/2013There were 6 of us, 3 children and 3 adults and we found food for everyone. The truffle fries were the first to go, it was so good, thought about ordering another one but we had ordered so many others. The boar pizza was good, as well as the margherita pizza (watch for the heat! It's spicy), fried veggie/meatball (can't remember what they are called, menu not online), beef tartare, flattened fried pork with spaghetti sauce were delicious! The only one we did not finish was the salmon ceviche, it was a bit too sour for our taste. But it was definitely little plates with big taste!Special Features:
- Needs to grow somehoustonfoodieVIPDined on 5/11/2013Food is acceptable, but not outstanding, service is nice, garden is loud being adjacent to Austin Highway.Special Features:
- We were impressed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2013We were impressed with the overall execution of everything we ordered. The truffle fries, butternut squash ravioli, and pizza Margherita were delicious and memorable. I thought it was a bit unusual that the burrata, while very tasty, did not come with bread or flatbread. Nosh has a thoughtful beer and mixed drink menu but I would have liked more wine choices. We will be back to try more of the menu.Special Features:
- Great food! Seemed a littleRobLDined on 4/26/2013Great food! Seemed a little disorganized on arrival. Had a reservation but felt like they didn't know we were coming. Food is fantastic!
- Great little fusion smallSnayDined on 4/19/2013Great little fusion small plates restaurant. Lived up to the name... Small plates big taste!Small seating area so not ideal for large groups.Special Features:
- very nice variety of foodbjt602Dined on 2/23/2013very nice variety of food great service pleasant setting
- Nice break from the usual restauranSonKneeBoyVIPDined on 2/22/2013Wonderful place. I loved the beer choices and my wife found a glass of wine she enjoyed. Make sure to order only 1 or 2 plates at a time, it helps to focus on each plate. One thing that would have been more helpful is to see a current beer list at the table rather than look at unfamiliar labels in the cooler.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2013I had friends in from Boston, so I made reservations. I've been to the bar at Silo before, but never to Nosh. We really enjoyed the meal! I love the small plate’s concept - our group really loves to share. We tried the Shrimp salad-which was just ok. The buffalo mozz skewers were really delicious and the truffle fries were a hit- really crispy and the dipping sauce was good. The short ribs with polenta were fall off the bones tender, I’d have to say the highlight was the wild boar pizza, which is the special Thurs nights. I really didn't want to order it, but the guys insisted. I'm so glad they did! The meat was not game-y at all - it was SO good! We really enjoyed the entire meal, and I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Can't wait to returnOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013We ate in the front room. The service was warm, friendly, and very helpful. The two of us chose five items. Our server asked if we wanted to course the meal. It was a great suggestion. The Salmon was refreshing and balanced. I paired well with the mozzearella skewer. The Pizza (the Bomb) was good. Beef rib and risotto was a real hit but the star was the seafood tagliatelle with hand made pasta. Dessert was fried gnocchi. it was a different, simple finish and topped a great evening.Special Features:
- Higher end gastro pub in SAKiwiWannaBeVIPDined on 1/12/2013I would categorize Nosh as a great gastropub in SA. The food is clearly high quality and innovative but not fussy. From the fried chick peas, salad, pizza and pasta, my wife and I shared a great meal. All are relatively small plates ala tapas so you can enjoy a lot of different choices. The beer selection is much better than the wine list.Special Features:
- Excellent gastro pubJaimeVIPDined on 1/12/2013My wife and I have visited Nosh on three occasions. Each time, the staff have been courteous, attentive, and offered excellent recommendations for both food and wine. The food is top-notch gastro pub style (ie, small but delicious portions). Think tapas. As the menu recommends, to make a meal you'll need to order several items. It's fun to experiment. Everything is delicious. A favorite.Special Features: