Nosh - Artful Dining
10880 Ocean Highway No 21
Pawleys Island, SC 29585Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Nosh - Artful Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://noshpi.com/
- Phone: 8433149014
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Fusion / Eclectic, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jermaine Taliferro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Nosh has a beautiful Banquet Facility as well as an experienced Event Coordinator. From choosing the menu to overseeing the smallest details, Nosh looks forward to helping guests perfect their special occasions. Whether the event is a wedding, a holiday party or a corporate event, Nosh delivers the service, the expertise and, of course, the flavor that is sure to please.
- Private Party Contact: Evan McCormick, General Manager 8433149014
- Entertainment: Nosh Artful Dining provides Live Entertainment Friday & Saturday Nights starting at 8:00pm on our Pavilion Stage. We host some of the hottest local artists.
A word from Nosh - Artful Dining
Nosh - Artful Dining is tucked away among the live oaks of The Hammock Shops in the heart of historic Pawleys Island, South Carolina. Here, guests will experience fine, artistic dining at its best. Executive Chef, Jermaine Taliferro is a true artisan, masterfully creating unique works of culinary art. Nosh - Artful Dining offers handcrafted cuisine featuring the finest of locally sourced, seasonal ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Nosh - Artful Dining - Best Restaurants in Pawleys Island ›
Nosh - Artful Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (21)special occasion (12)romantic (11)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (8)fit for foodies (6)great for brunch (6)late-night find (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Girls weekend dinnerAmberncncDined on 9/13/2014Overall our experience at Nosh was good. However, one of my guests did not get the sausage in her pasta which was a bummer. Everyone else had fabulous meals. Service was good but not great, which has been my main complaint about my past experiences at Nosh. It was not at all crowded and it took forever to get our drinks. For being on of the top places in Pawley's they need to step it up!Special Features:
- Nice placeValentineDined on 9/5/2014We dined on the deck. Unfortunately the band was warming up, but fortunately, the band was good when they actually played. I am glad that a restaurant is in this spot - it needs a good base.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner, wonderful night.LpncDined on 8/31/2014What a wonderful evening! Sat out on the porch listening to the band playing great music. The food was excellent and our server was great. Would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014We had reservations and were told upon arrival at Nosh that the only available seating was in the bar or outside patio. Since it was extremely warn and noisey outside, we opted for the bar. Service was poor, rolls arrived with no silverware
- Not totally impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My wife had the Ceaser Salad with grilled chicken, she indicated that it was not fresh tasting, mediocre at best. I had the scallop/crabcake dinner which was OK, but the highlight was the sauce, which there was too little of? The brussells sprouts were a bit overcooked and actually tasted burnt, did not finsh. The highlight was our server, Kelly! She was pleasant, energetic, and congenial.Special Features:
- DinnerBigdogDined on 8/23/2014The food was out of this world. Have been there for lunch and dinner and was very pleased. The service was top class.Special Features:
- Delicious mealSailorchicDined on 8/15/2014We had an excellent meal at Nosh! The grouper was fantastic and the tuna appetizer is not to be missed! One tip, if it's a nice night request outdoor seating in you reservation. We did not do this and unfortunately were not able to get a table to sit outside. The interior is very nice, but the outdoor patio has a nice charm and there is live music on Friday nights.Special Features:
- Not Particularly ArtfulLitchfieldJackDined on 8/11/2014Food was uninspired and covered with too many gloppy sauces. Not much artful about it, heavy handed at best. Server was friendly and pleasant but knew little about the menu.
- First and probably last visit.DiningExplorerDined on 8/9/2014Hostess must have been trained at the DMV. Waitress was very good. Four of us had different meals and none were judged better than just OK. Disappointed overall: would have had a better meal at Carraba's or Bonefish.Special Features:
- calamaripacabnDined on 8/8/2014The calamari was outstanding. i never had it the way it was prepared and served. the drinks from the bar were also well madeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nosh okWinemanVIPDined on 8/5/2014Weak wine list. Out of several listed wines. Glasses were not crystal. Waiter seemed to be new/inexperiencedI would recommend this to a friend.
- EdmundoDined on 7/27/2014My wife and daughter ate here the other night and our food was excellent , but the service and the desserts were outstanding! We have eaten here numerous times outside, but with the high humidity, we elected to dine inside. Very quiet and comfortable.Special Features:
- Great BrunchWineDiva66Dined on 7/27/2014My son won a gift certificate so we decided to stop by for brunch. The food was great, service great. We really enjoyed our meal. We would go to Nosh again.Special Features:
- MoseleyDined on 7/26/2014We had a delicious meal. The best fish in a long time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014We took some skeptical family members who ended up calling friends to tell them how good the experience was. They also did a good job with my daughter and my gluten issuesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad foodBOBMTPVIPDined on 7/10/2014Have eaten there a few times and last meal was just poorly done. Crab and scallops cakes all breading. Nice bar area though
- good for large family groupS2staceyDined on 7/10/2014interesting menu, great cocktails. very good service.Everyone got a different dinner and all thought theirs was devine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch Spot!villefoodieVIPDined on 7/6/2014Nosh has a really cool Bloody Mary bar for the Sunday brunch: ingredients include okra, bleu cheese, bacon, horseradish...yum!! The eggs benedict is delicious: try it with a fried green tomato slice in lieu of canadian bacon--really good.Special Features:
- dinner at Nosh'sPamRVIPDined on 7/5/2014Five of us dined here and all enjoyed the food. I had the NZ green-lipped mussels - very large and tasty and plentiful. The toasted bread that accompanied it was a little stale but the the house salad was fresh and the dressing was tasty. And we had a table right in front of the group playing that night in the gazebo. Hated to leave - very nice venue for a summer evening. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunchPamRVIPDined on 6/29/2014There were 7 of us and we all enjoyed our meals - especially the eggs benedict - definitely a big hit with many of us. The service was very good and our waiter was attentive to our every need. The make-your-own bloody mary bar was enjoyed as well as wine and mimosas. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great location and setting, but...LadokguyDined on 6/22/2014...the food isn't as good as we remember from last year. Preparation is so-so, quality of ingredients only fair. When we arrived there was no hostess to greet us (we had reservations), so we just sat at the bar and ended up eating there. The outside pavililion/bar is a nice setting, and will be even nicer once all the outdoor construction going on in the Hammock Shops area is completed.Special Features:
- mikeDined on 6/21/2014Service was very good .We sat inside Food not so good. We have eaten there many times Food is sometimes very good sometimes not so good. Chicken was dry ,tough and salty.
- SPECTACULAR MOMENTSsurvivorsDined on 6/15/2014The entire experience is fantastic. All your needs fulfilled immediately and graciously. Recommend this restaurant to all.Special Features:
- Less than impressedbergaclsDined on 6/12/2014This visit to Nosh left me less than impressed. We went for a romantic experience based on our first trip to Nosh. Unfortunately, there was a rambunctious child at a table near us when we arrived. Then a woman who was by herself was seated near us and she proceeded to have a loud conversation on her cell phone. I ordered Chicken Saltimbocca and was very disappointed when it was delivered with a brown sauce. I expected a white wine sauce, but the dish tasted like it was made with a marsala sauce. Our return to this restaurant the next time we visit Myrtle Beach is doubtful.Special Features:
- Unexpected find!2dogmamaDined on 6/2/2014Have been shopping at the Hammock Shops for years and never went to Nosh. Finally tried it and it was wonderful. I first had lunch with a friend, then took my husband there-he loved it as well! Whenever we have friends/family visit us from the North, we make it a point to get in a trip to Nosh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014We found the service to be very slow and the food timing poor. Our apps came before our drinks, and we had to order more drinks before we actually needed them in anticipation of the long wait. The food was OK, but not worth the price.Special Features:
- The following 90 reviews are from the Nosh - Artful Dining reviews archive.
- fabulous foodVDPDDined on 5/18/2014Probably the best food I ate, while we were visiting Pawley's Island, was from this restaurant. It is absolutely outstanding there every time! Unfortunately the service was somewhat lacking. It seemed as though there was not enough staff to manage all those tables outside. Although our server was very kind and friendly, it appeared that he was run off his feet and not able to deliver the service we had hoped for. We still will be back because of the food and outdoor location and I would still highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- have the soupOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/16/2014Finest "She Crab Soup" I have ever tasted. Service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner and atmosphereSharonDined on 5/11/2014We were two couples who went there for dinner on Mothers' Day. The dining room was intimate, and had an upscale, but comfortable feel. Each of us enjoyed the entree that we selected. The service was good and everyone who worked there was friendly and gracious. We will return when we come back to this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GooddynerDined on 5/9/2014Good food, my lamb was pretty good but my wife's fish was so-so, guess I was hoping for a little more "fit for foodies" class of food.
- DisappointmentPaulDined on 5/6/2014We have eaten here before. Did not have a special and food was average
- Out2eatVIPDined on 5/2/2014The entrees need to be more simple. It seemed like everything had a cream sauce. Fish was just ok. Usually enjoy the deck and outdoor dining, but we made the mistake of going on a Friday night and there was loud live music that wasn't very good. Didn't want to eat inside, it was such a nice night. This place could be better!
- Very disappointing...CharlestongalDined on 4/25/2014We use to enjoy visiting Nosh when in from Charleston. Not so much anymore. Service was okay, we went on a busy night. Food has totally changed and prices have drastically risen. Example: Now instead of 5 pieces of bruschetta you now pay more and get 3, Very thin, Cold pieces of bruschetta. Calamari was cold and not appetizing. Our friends at the table had one mussel and decided not to finish.This definitely isn't Franks or Bistro. Yet the prices are similar. My mother and her friend visited a few days before during lunch and got so,ex kind of Apple or pear salad.... No dressing was served with it and by the time the waiter returned they had almost finished. Overall, Probably will not visit unless it's just for a cocktail at the bar.Special Features:
- JeanMarieDined on 4/20/2014We love Nosh. Inside or outside, although we prefer the outside porch in good weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunch at Nosh at Pawleys IsPawleys29Dined on 4/20/2014The ambience was inviting and service was exceptional. The food was just okay. The she crab soup was better than average. However, the quiche was not fresh and pastry did not taste great. The Caesar salad with shrimp was quite small considering the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterPearlDined on 4/13/2014Once we got our food it was delicious. However we had to ask for a manager to correct the wrong entrees that were delivered. Maybe we had a new waiter but he had no idea how to handle the kitchen's mistake.Special Features:
- My wife's grouper was veryRed52VIPDined on 3/30/2014My wife's grouper was very dry and my snapper was just average.
- First TimersfinedinerDined on 3/23/2014We went to Nosh for the first time on Saturday night. Our experience was very positive on all levels---food, service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be MissedMDRRJRVIPDined on 3/22/2014I wish we lived closer. It would become a regular favorite. Since moving from Raleigh this is one of the best we've found.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Ambience and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2014This restaurant is a true Elegant Lowcountry restaurant. The interior is elegant yet rustic. Music is perfect and the food is always outstanding.Special Features: