359 13th Ave NE
Minneapolis, MN 55418Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://northeastsocial.com/
- Phone: 612-877-8111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday 4:00PM -12:00am Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: Closed, Happy Hour 4:00pm-5:30pm,Monday thru Friday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Geoff Little
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Northeast Social
Neighborhood bistro pub in the heart of the North East Minneapolis Arts District.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Northeast Social - Best Restaurants in Downtown / North Loop ›
Northeast Social reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (43)special occasion (34)romantic (31)great for outdoor dining (21)notable wine list (14)late-night find (11)great for brunch (10)good for groups (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- chowtimeDined on 10/5/2014Tasty & unique brunch, server was excellent, great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!marco7777Dined on 8/29/2014As always NE Social was excellent. It is our favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Weather the resturant is very busy or it is a slower night I have always had great experience at NE Social. The food is always interesting and delicious and the staff friendly and attentive. They also have a wounderful brunch on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veg friendlyButtercupDined on 8/15/2014If you have a vegan or vegetarian in your group this place as some menu options. They did a wonderful job with their small menu by providing something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatingoutagaineatingoutagainDined on 8/15/2014The menu was more limited this time than I remembered. Excellent cabernet on the by-the-glass list. Very noisy but still able to talk across the table.Special Features:
- Always Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014One of the best places in NE. Great service and fantastic food!Special Features:
- Beautiful spaceIthasitallDined on 8/2/2014Great neighborhood. The NY Times had it right, 13th Ave and the NE Social club is a place not to miss. Great food, atmosphere and service, how often do you get all three in one spot!?! And the wine was quite good too.Special Features:
- Outdoor diningkaydinesoutVIPDined on 7/28/2014Enjoyed being able to dine outdoors but can't rave about the food.
- Would go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014The apps were excellent. We had the market cheese and the grilled sausage. The strip was very good, missed great only slightly for being a bit salty. The entire staff was fantastic. Excited to go back and try more offeringsSpecial Features:
- Perfect evening of food and funJGoodmanDined on 7/25/2014I made a reservation for a pre-show theatrical event in the cities and this was the perfect place to stop, enjoy the meal on the patio, the service and selection was above none.Special Features:
- questionable food combosSeldomgoesoutDined on 7/10/2014The food seemed overpriced for what you got. The pork tenderloin (25?) was very salty and covered in a red adobo sauce over beans and rice. It made it taste too much like a burrito. I think that it may have been better if the rice/beans were on the side along with a raw veggie or two to cleanse the pallet from the heavy sauce. It was nice and smokey but too salty. The homemade pasta (20?)was mixed with truffle bits with mushrooms and veggies in a white sauce.There wasn't any real flavor one way or the other aside from the mushrooms. Normally the food is good and interesting - it could be just these two dishes. The wine list, service and the deserts are great! Since we seldom go out anymore, we really hope to get something unique but tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shelli placemissshelli2Dined on 7/9/2014The menu was diverse, the food was creative and the service was the best I have experienced in ages - welcoming, attentive and uber sensitive to some of our table members needs. A good time was had by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- more social with living socialmcmikeDined on 6/30/2014The quality of the food and presentation was excellent. Portion sizes modest. I needed a little more bread to sop up the great liquor at the bottom of the bowl of mussels and was charged an additional dollar. Seems a bit tacky. Though I would not consider NE Social a great value, the value of the coupon made the experience rewarding and memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Wonderful MealWillbebacksoonDined on 6/30/2014NE Social doesn't have a two page menu. They have a one page menu consisting of carefully prepared menu items that are to be savored. I had their mussels this time and the hint of curry gave the broth an incredible smoothness. The burger was incredible also. The meat had so much flavor you could have simply ordered a plain burger and relished it. Their homemade pickles....can't forget those. Our bartender, Jordan, was attentive, informative and very personable. In fact, all the clientele at this gem, go out of their way to make your dining experience a relaxing one. While I am not a huge steak person - their Top Sirloin steak always gets smiles and awes when it is served.Special Features:
- Nice night out in the neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014Katie was our server this visit and she was spectacular. She went out of her way to please us and was very professional and friendly. The new pasta dish was wonderful the mushrooms and sauce were perfect. The sea bass was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood FindPattiVIPDined on 6/30/2014I've been to the NE Social many times and this place never fails to please me. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. The food is amazing and always with a twist. Tried the Buttermilk Pie for dessert - it was quite delicious and unexpected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't let the small menu fool you!JbotherDined on 6/28/2014The Northeast Social Club was a very pleasant surprise. We had an Amazon Local deal but would come back even without the discount. We shared an appetizer, delicious salad, perfectly cooked steak and tasty dessert recommended by the waiter. The NE Social Club is a great neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love NE Social!MandyDined on 6/28/2014Northeast Social is always my favorite restaurant pick! The food and the service is always wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Service, Excellent FoodButterflyDined on 6/28/2014The service was above expectations paying attention to detail. Michael was always present behind the scenes making sure every detail was covered to make the experience excellent. Th entree and wine ..... Fabulous! Looking forward to the next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good - quaintWonderfulVIPDined on 6/28/2014Some interesting items on the menu worth exploring in this unique little place ! Most of the food was very good... It's always disappointing when a restaurant charges for a bread basket - not even homemade bread... :(Special Features:
- Always a great experience!dateniteDined on 6/27/2014Enjoyed ourselves once again. So nice to get great food in our neighborhood. Not a lot of choices for the vegetarians but the server inquired in with the chefs and they created a super tasty dish for my Vegan dinner date! Also a great wine suggestion by the server. Another happy date!Special Features:
- The following 954 reviews are from the Northeast Social reviews archive.
- NE SocialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014Love this restaurant. If we lived closer we would definitely visit more often. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- Amazing foodamz724Dined on 6/25/2014Our waiter was so friendly and passionate about the food. Food was fantastic - I had the a grilled rare tuna sandwich and I'd list it in my top restaurant meals ever. The place was pretty noisy but not obnoxiously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, good food.casualdinerDined on 6/25/2014The place was a little loud, but the food was good. A little pricey, but fair. Love the artwork. Our server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2014Waitress made sure we did not order any "happy hour" items once she found out we were using a Living Social coupon and took the menu away from us saying "you can't order from that menu." Restaurant has become "over-confident" - needs more variety and more frequent menu changes. Some items are very small portions with large prices.Special Features:
- Love the neighborhooddogsDined on 6/23/2014Loved the outdoor dining, good service, good food. Make sure you call for reservations ahead for weekends, and during the week. Relaxed atmosphere. No pressure to rush. Good for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty local foodleelerbug0294Dined on 6/23/2014Love the high-quality and delicious local food. Prices are a bit high, but completely in line with what would be expected for a foodie place like this. And it was good. Service and staff were great! Wine list was nice with some reasonable by-the-glass prices. On the whole, a nice night out!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014It's one of our favorite finds and have never been disappointed. Our waiter and all the staff was fantastic and the food as always was wonderful. We certainly will return and look forward to see what their next menu brings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely w/ fabulous food but noiseyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014I had been wanting to try NE Social as I live in the neighborhood and enjoy taking friends and business colleagues out on the town...especially fine restaurants of MPLS. We all agreed that the food was top notch with a fine wine list. Our waiter was less than average actually down right poor. He could not describe any of the specials nor answer basic questions regarding things on the menu. He finally just said "read the menu - it's all explained". We began taking bets as to how hung over he was. The Noise Level was intolerable absolutely terrible. Nice try with the carpet tacked to the underside of tables. We had to yell at each other. We probably won't be back.Special Features:
- Suburbanite1Dined on 6/21/2014The food was amazing. My mouth experienced flavors/seasonings they never experienced before. My steak was perfectly cooked the way I asked. Loved the small neighborhood feel. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RBMNDined on 6/19/2014great food great atmosphere great service great valueSpecial Features:
- Great food and wineDavin8VIPDined on 6/19/2014Enjoyed food but found the restaurant very hard to find. They need sign that is large and hanging from side of building. Neat paintings inside restaurant that are fun to look at. The restaurant is on corner on same block as Ritz theatre. Great service and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food/good servicedsbjDined on 6/18/2014We had wonderfully attentive service and the food was terrific and presented well. We are at the point of needing a quieter setting but know there are many who would not be affected by the level of talk in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014My wife and I went to NES on a Wednesday night and our service was lackluster. We did not order alcoholic beverages and it seems that is what put our server off. After he brought us our sodas, he only came back to take our order and deliver the food. Either there was a back-up in the kitchen or service is just slow at NES, but it took an hour and 45 minutes for an appetizer, salad and entrees. Not once did our server as if we wanted more to drink or how the food was. All the food was lack-luster. The interior of NES is nice but there is some very creepy art/paintings on the walls. Thankfully we had a Groupon, so our ~$80 dinner was not too bad. Both my wife and I decided we would not go back.
- Highly recommend this restaurantRosie1Dined on 6/17/2014There were four of us dining and each ordered a different entrée. All four were wonderful. (salmon, chicken, steak, burger). Prices are moderate expensive, but the giant half pound burger for $12 could be split by two people for a very reasonable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemBrownsDined on 6/16/2014After you finally find it, Northeast Social is an epicurean delight. Very unique menu offerings in a wonderfully quaint setting - a restored corner store under a Polish-American social club. The food was excellent and the service was superb. We'll be back, with friends.Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodPickleDined on 6/15/2014Northeast Social Club scores very high on my scale of restaurant food. The flavors blew me away and the presentation was strong. With all of my attention on food I almost forgot to say the service was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRev1Dined on 6/15/2014We have enjoyed NE Social for dinner many times but found the food very disappointing for brunch.
- Lived up to the hypeFoodiskingDined on 6/13/2014Had heard great things from friends, and it didn't disappoint. Apps, entrees, and dessert were all wonderful. Our server (Erin) was funny and knowledgable. Will definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool space, good foodTomSVIPDined on 6/7/2014Been hearing about Northeast Social for awhile and was eager to try it out. Wasn't disapppointed, food was good the people were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.