386 Main Street
Armonk, NY 10504Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantnorth.com/
- Phone: 9142738686x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Eric Gabrynowicz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: We are happy to host your private event in our beautiful upstairs dining room. For further questions about having your special event with us email Kim at email@example.com
A word from North
Former Union Square Cafe Wine & Spirit Dir. Stephen Mancini and former Union Square Cafe Sous Chef Eric Gabrynowicz join forces again, but this time in Armonk, NY at the new, Restaurant North. Restaurant North is known for its "Refined Farm-to-Table New American Fare", educated approach to Wine & Spirits and its unparalleled hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
North - Best Restaurants in Armonk ›
North reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (95)special occasion (61)neighborhood gem (60)notable wine list (42)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (30)romantic (26)great for lunch (21)good for groups (14)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great Meal as AlwaysFrancophileADDined on 9/17/2014Wonderful food, amazing service, great wine list make this Armonk gem a place I keep wanting to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointed!mimiVIPDined on 9/9/2014Every single thing was overly salted. Chicken burger, chips, salad dressing all very salty...omelet ok but fries so salty. It ruined the meal completely. Have been there 3x before and always SO good. This time a big let down.
- Impeccable!!pisces312Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I spent our first anniversary dinner here and it did not disappoint! I have been in restaurant management/hospitality for over 15 years and was impressed with the thorough service and the attention to detail they provided us. They happily accommodated my pregnancy by offering a "mocktail" which was unique, different and equally delicious. The three courses we chose included confit of chicken wing risotto, squid ink cavatelli, lovely sweet and sour shortribs with sauteed greens and seared top round, tender veal over pomme puree... my mouth is still watering! Thank you again for a wonderful meal and also for the fresh baked muffins to go that I enjoyed with our kids the next morningSpecial Features:
- avalon1188VIPDined on 9/6/2014Restaurant North is always a favorite for it's farm to table food done amazingly inventively. However, we waited about 20 minutes for a table we had a reservation for which was empty but they just couldn't get it set up? Also, the din in the restaurant is very loud so its hard to hear the people you are seated with. The food is outstanding so it makes up for the flaws.Special Features:
- disappointedLocalYokelDined on 9/6/2014We've been regulars at North since it opened, and this last visit was disappointing. The chef is terrific and the food was terrific as always, far better than almost every suburban restaurant. But we waited far too long, well over 40 minutes, between our appetizers and our entrees, and I'm quite sure no one on the staff gave it a thought. This may be ok and understandable with a large party, but not for just a party of two. I loved the scallops, but honestly, does any one think three is the right number of scallops? And if a portion is going to be small, perhaps someone could have warned me and suggested I add a side dish? Finally, I have a special love for Ethiopian coffee. But $12 for a cup? I don't think so.Special Features:
- Foodie heavenNoCompromiseDined on 9/6/2014It was our first time to North. The experience was super. Ambience was calm and airy. Our server was fantastic. The wine list is comprehensive and worth the time to explore. We had their signature Bloody Mary's while we took the time to pick a bottle. The combination of tastes is genius. We had the pork belly with a polenta sauce. The biscuits and seasoned pepper and mint butter should not be missed.Special Features:
- The BestBillVIPDined on 9/5/2014North is the best. Pure and simple. Inspired dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite!!!!EvePDined on 9/5/2014Interesting menu, fabulous food and incredible service. A don't miss!Special Features:
- far inferior to prior visitsgreygeekVIPDined on 8/31/2014North WAS our favorite restaurant in Westchester and we were saddened by our last visit. The food was served cold. Wine (our selection) was sub-par, but in a fine restaurant, we would have been given an alternative when we commented on our level of disappointment. The service was far less enthusiatic than on other visits.Special Features:
- Sea scallopsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014I really enjoyed dinner on a busy Saturday night. Food was delicious and the service was professional friendly and attentive. My only criticism is with the fact that my entree included only 3 scallops for $31. There was a large, medium and medium/small scallop and it left me in unsatisfied from a portion size perspective.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentaleseDined on 8/27/2014Every dish the 4 of us had was amazing. From bread to dessert! Nice touch sending us home with breakfast muffins!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!DisappointedVIPDined on 8/26/2014We really like North, however, they are horrible at reservations. We had 8 pm reservation and didn't get seated until 8:30. Our server, while pleasant was slow. My dinner (veal) was served cold. And, all night we saw muffins delivered with the check. When we got our check, we had no muffins. When I asked we were told they had run out. That was insult to injury!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bad night, or gone downhill?DavidgrDined on 8/23/2014I've been a big fan of North and have been there 5 or more times for dinner. It's been outstanding each and every time until my most recent visit. When we were seated our waiter told us that they were out of scallops. Okay... that happens. So my wife ordered tuna. The waiter then came back and told us "no tuna" so she ordered veal. Bread was brought to the table, but the waiter apologized that there was only one kind... they were out of the others. Service was very slow. We waited a long time to order a bottle of wine, a long time to order our meals and a long time for the food to be delivered. Previously meals were great. This time it wasn't bad... just ok. I may be back, but there are alot of other restaurants I prefer.Special Features:
- Everything fresh and delicious!ChefmommaDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed everything we ordered! We started with the lamb carbonara. Wow! Amazing flavors from this dish of homemade pappardelle. We also enjoyed a salad of farm fresh tomatoes delicately flavored with fresh herbs and olive oil. The pork belly dish was outstanding as were the short ribs. I usually never order deserts, but made an exception and ordered the panna cotta. It was one of the lightest and the creamiest I have ever had. The chocolate chip cookie served with homemade vanilla ice cream was also terrific. Loved the presentation of our dishes and the goodies to take home. 5 stars all the way! The downstairs room is lively and fun. Next time I'll ask for a table by the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THEMAYORVIPDined on 8/22/2014~~CHEF ERIC, HIS SERVICE AND WINE TEAM, CONSTANTLY RAISE THE BAR FOR EXCELLENCE FOR THE FRESHEST INGREDIENTS AND ECLECTIC WINE LIST. ~~THE RESTAURANT'S EVER-CHANGING MENU GUARANTEES A VARIETY OF CULINARY EXPERIENCES USING TOP-GRADE FOOD ITEMS. ~~RESTAURANT NORTH IS A DEFINITE 'GO-TO' RESTAURANT THAT IS A TREASURE IN THE ARMONK AREA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/21/2014Excellent prix-fixe lunch options with extremely fresh, local and seasonal ingredients. Couldn't have had a more pleasant lunch.Special Features:
- Just So-soRoRoVIPDined on 8/20/2014Lunch at North on Wednesday was pleasant, but the food, although interesting, was too salty for my friend. The salad accompanying my chicken burger was inedible. The dressing was pure lemon juice! Dessert was very good.
- Couldn't be worse!NotnowVIPDined on 8/19/2014We went when it first opened, and had a horrible experience, tried it again with friends... Food was cold, service awful, portions tiny! Music was horrible. Eden the bread was bad... Never again
- DeliciouswolvesandwineDined on 8/19/2014Went in for dinner to treat my brother for his birthday after having lunch here a few weeks ago. The heirloom tomato salad was simple, delicious and so fresh. Buuba's burger was huge and those fries were super tasty. Service was on point and not overbearing. Overall a great place to eat for lunch and dinnerSpecial Features:
- Excellent Service and SurpriseMichaelWDined on 8/17/2014Really excellent spot - great food, service, atmosphere, and highly creative fresh twists to old themes. When I booked my reservation on Open Table I mentioned it was my daughter's b-day, and they went out of their way to recognize her special day. Well Done!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/15/2014Cute bar, nice decor, solid but not extraordinary food. You almost feel like you are dining in Manhattan but you can't hear yourself think.Special Features:
- Just so soWorkinmommieVIPDined on 8/6/2014Good food, very interesting (like a hazelnut encrusted soft boiled egg with pancetta) but very pricey, limited menu options and not much for the gluten free folk. Also the view is of a parking lot so it's not much to look at. Don't know if I will return.Special Features:
- Truly awfulUESCriticVIPDined on 8/3/2014This was the worst meal I have had in a long time--and really expensive. Each of the five of us had fish, which was presented in tiny portions surrounded by dark, greasy vegetables. Something called cooked root vegetables appeared on the table, and they looked like something that I would pull out of my garden and throw in a pan without thinking of how they were presented. Yes, the setting is nice, but you still want a good meal.All in all, very disappointing.
- EXCELLENT French toastFlxusvirusDined on 8/2/2014EXCELLENT French toast, Good at blunch, intimate feelingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for DinnerCJdursDined on 8/1/2014The food and service were great. Our meal took a little longer then the restaurant would have liked but my wife and I hadn't even noticed. At the end of the meal they brought us a free desert and apologized for the delay without us ever complaining about anything. Service like that is what serperats good restaurants from great restaurants. I will definitely be returning and I will definitely recommend to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelectableScarlettDined on 7/31/2014Each item we ordered was incredibly delicious and visually appealing. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best thing I have eaten in 2014KellyVIPDined on 7/31/2014The Smoked Salmon Flatbread and Kale and Quinoa Salad with Preserved Lemon Dressing! Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siberia with open tableBistroDined on 7/30/2014Every time I book with open table I am seated in Siberia. Why?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreRadarDined on 7/25/2014We were seated on the second floor which is totally devoid of ambience. The service was excellent and the food was very good but my steak was undercooked and nothing special. It was fairly expensive. I wouldn't go back. Too many better choices in the vicinity including Moderne Barn.
- Another fabulous mealDeadEdVIPDined on 7/23/2014Each time North does not disappoint. Went with friends who had never been and they were effusive in their praise. Bobo's chicken may be the most delicious chicken dish on the planet. Always have to save room for the chocolate chip cookie in the skillet with Killer Chocolate ice cream. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Great food, not great valurRonniTVIPDined on 7/23/2014Restaurant has a limited menu with very high prices, but dishes very flavorful and creative.Special Features:
- Awesome LunchwolvesandwineDined on 7/23/2014North has a great prix-fixe menu for lunch! (3 courses only $25). The risotto with the confit chicken wing was excellent, very nice and creamy. They had a "happy waitress" sandwich which was and old time favorite of mine... so delicious! Great steal for lunch!! Definitely a must goSpecial Features:
- Perfect Summer Lunch!GingerVIPDined on 7/22/2014This is a great oasis for foodies tucked into the charming village atmosphere of Armonk. The roasted pig on the prix fixe menu was memorable as was the entire dining experience. A business lunch or a break from the usual daily routine are perfect reasons to splurge on this excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Expensive but very goodgcminVIPDined on 7/19/2014This was our second visit and there will be more in the future. The food is very good and there are ample choices. Portion sizes were reasonable, although prices are on the high side. All four of us had different items and we were unanimous in our positive opinions. The wine list is a bit eclectic, and prices are fair (we had a delicious Macari Chardonnay, a Long Island vintner). The ever changing menu makes for an interesting evening, but also can be a challenge for those with allergies and particular diets. However, the plethora of gluten-free items is a pleasant aspect. Overall it is an excellent dining experience albeit at a high price.Special Features:
- Might have just been out entreeDateNightDined on 7/18/2014We were very happy the ambiance, wine, and food service. But two of us ordered the cavatelli with lobster for $29 entree size portions only to be disappointed. There was no taste, the consistency of the pasta was that of day old play-doh, and where was the lobster? The other members of our party were pleased with their entree so maybe we just picked the wrong entree. But for that price tag and the outstanding reviews, we expected much more. We won't give the restaurant a second chance. It was that bad. If you go, just don't order pasta to be on the safe side.Special Features:
- Don't go hungry!maryVIPDined on 7/16/2014Very disappointed Portion of tile fish minuscule and I'm not a big eater! Pork was so poorly presented: looked like a block of reconstituted pig. Servers perfume was pretty but not good when having wine. Same for one of the busboys. Too bad went twice b4 and enjoyed it well enough Figured the oration size had been corrected bc so many reviews mentioned it Guess the owner doesn't read open table reviews
- Excellent with outstanding service.dentaldanVIPDined on 7/16/2014My wife and I go for lunch often, dinner sometimes, and the food is always excellent. I want to point out our waitress on several occasions, Maria, is amazing. She is knowledgeable, courteous, very helpful and professional. My wife is a on again, off again vegan and Maria always has the kitchen prepare something delicious for her. We hope to see her every time we go, as she is just as integral as the food for a amazing dining experience.Special Features:
- Nice RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Everything was great, dinner portion on the small side.
- Not worth the moneyOrthophonistDined on 7/10/2014Food lacked character and depth. Sauces of little flavor. Items within each dish ill suited to each other. A bland dinning experience.
- ExcellentChrisDined on 7/10/2014Innovative food and incredible service makes this one of the best restaurants I've eaten at in westchester. Decor is nicer downstairs but it's louder and the tables are closer together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.