386 Main Street
Armonk, NY 10504Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantnorth.com/
- Phone: 9142738686x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Eric Gabrynowicz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: We are happy to host your private event in our beautiful upstairs dining room. For further questions about having your special event with us email Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from North
Former Union Square Cafe Wine & Spirit Dir. Stephen Mancini and former Union Square Cafe Sous Chef Eric Gabrynowicz join forces again, but this time in Armonk, NY at the new, Restaurant North. Restaurant North is known for its "Refined Farm-to-Table New American Fare", educated approach to Wine & Spirits and its unparalleled hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
North - Best Restaurants in Armonk ›
North reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (102)neighborhood gem (64)special occasion (54)notable wine list (42)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (24)romantic (21)great for lunch (21)great for brunch (14)good for groups (13)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014We went to Restaurant North for Brunch. Beside the usual brunch items there was a risotto, short ribs with poached eggs. All you could here from our table was oh my god you gotta try this. Two thumbs us from all 8 of us.Special Features:
- great very original menusOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014Lime to visit all the time. Lived the eggplant fries and your roast chicken and burges divineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014The food was outstanding - went here because it was close to the new home of the Hudson Stage Theater and was totally floored. The food amazing and the service as delightful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014While the food was good, the selection was very limited. We did not realize that Saturday lunches were more of a brunch selection and so were disappointed. Started with eggplant fries that were extremely salty. The brisket was good but not great.
- JuergenVIPDined on 10/23/2014The food was excellent, as always. In fall and winter it is extra noisy as the windows are closed. While a certain noise level is beneficial, the only weakness of North is that it is a bit too loud.Special Features:
- ConvenientDined on 10/22/2014The food was fresh and delicious. I requested sitting upstairs which doesn't have as much ambiance as downstairs, but was nice and quiet. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NorthMandyobVIPDined on 10/22/2014First time to North! Tried to come a few times for dinner and never got here but today we made it, for lunch! It was empty but for one other table of 3 women, 2 more eating at the bar and a couple if guys also eating at the bar so we really had the place to ourselves! Loved the room and decor. Staff were very nice. Food was delicious! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurantWriterChrisDined on 10/18/2014Every staff member was personable and seemed very happy to be working there. Danielle (front of house) was terrific. Try the Hazelnut egg appetizer and the eggplant fries with honey and salt. Really good as an appetizer (though listed as a side). Dessert: we tend to look for chocolate, and there was only one possibility, but it also turned out to be a highlight. The chocolate chip cookie served in its own little cast iron pan (hot) with the substituted chocolate ice cream (instead of vanilla) was a wonderful cap to the meal. If I were hard pressed to find a negative, I would say maybe the kitchen relied a little too heavily on baby Marigold blossoms for flair. They can be a little strong to taste (hopefully we were supposed to eat them). :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!MTLMDined on 10/18/2014We had a lovely time at North! Dinner as always was terrific. And the service is always outstanding. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and the staff was very kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The case of hit and missMarWestyVIPDined on 10/17/2014We had several appetizers and a couple of entrees. Although its very exciting to come and try new meals there is a danger because the dishes are constantly changing, so there is no way for the chef to get a real feed back on his creations. As a result we were a bit disappointed with some of the platters: one was too spicy the other too sweet… yet some of the platters were delicious. Our server was very nice and knowledgeable and because of that overall we had a positive experience. We'd come back again sometime in the future, but I can't say that North is a priority on my list right now.Special Features:
- Excellentmargot1Dined on 10/16/2014The moment we walked in the door we knew we made the right choice, The hostess was friendly, our waitress Sara was delightful she made great recommendations for our meal, checked on us often and provided friendly conversation. We had Short ribs with filet and vegetables, the carrots were The best, we also had Roasted Pig which my husband raved about. We definitely will be returning to North.Special Features:
- Not sure it's worth it...EastPortchesterDined on 10/10/2014Overrated and overpriced: $18 for a simple tomato salad, for example, and $25 for a glass of pinot noir. The service was attentive and pleasant, but it was so dark I could not read the menu, and so noisy I had difficult hearing across a table for two. The food was passable but not outstanding in any way.
- Consistently greatBauschVIPDined on 10/10/2014Always a fantastic meal here. The kale salad is a great standby. We each had the veal entree which we'd highly recommend. But everything here is good. If you're not one for New York state wines, ask for the wine list. The owner is typically present and visible--energetic and friendly--and his style shows in the waitstaff who are efficient, witty and charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!!dentaldanVIPDined on 10/8/2014Food is always fresh, excellently prepared and delicious. Service is top notch. LOVE this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014This was our third time at the restaurant. Some of us had delicious meals, others just so so. The service is not great.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendJimODined on 10/3/2014We had an outstanding meal beginning to end. Great service and fantastic menu. Everything came prepared to exacting specifications. We will return. Don't miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another spectacular meal at NorthChairmanMeeowVIPDined on 10/1/2014A good friend and I have enjoyed about 7 lunches at Restaurant North before I took my wife up for a mid-week dinner last Wednesday. AN ASIDE: the prix fixe 3-course menu at lunch offers beautiful and delectable courses and is a tremendous bargain (currently at about $25 TOTAL) So: the food is out of this world, service is attentive/proper/well-trained, wine list and bar options are stellar, setting is lovely/welcoming/very comfortable. We both eat gluten free, and there is obvious training with the staff -- all ingredients are known, wait staff verify everything with the chef. I eat at Gramercy Tavern once/week & judge all other restaurants by that standard. Of course North is a different scene (compared to GT), but all else on par!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what happened to this place?OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/27/2014used to love north, the menu isn't as good as it used to be. my tuna had something that tasted like turkey gravy on it. not that i am going back, but too bad you got rid of the gluten free snicker doodle cookie in the skillet. when i request a table downstairs in advance and are forced upstairs because the owner is accommodating friends, it's annoying. upstairs is quiet and downstairs is lively. completely different evening.
- Outstanding food and servicePedroVIPDined on 9/27/2014We were celebrating our 23 wedding anniversary. We could have not selected a better restaurant for the ocassion. Food was delicious, the maitre and the waiters did a fantastic job making us feel very well It was our first visit to this restaurant and it is now in our top list for future ocassionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic4Dined on 9/26/2014We were celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary and at the recommendation of a friend, we booked North. Our first impression of North was not great (and they knew about the anniversary). We were seated upstairs in the corner directly behind the air conditioning vent. The atmosphere upstairs was stagnating. For twenty minutes, our server spent more time talking about her personal life with a couple nearby. Tired for our waiting for our server to return with our drinks and the lack of service, we asked for another table. We were moved downstairs, which had a better vibe and much more energetic. The restaurant redeemed itself - they treated us to drinks and dessert for our anniversary, and the service downstairs was superior to upstairs.Special Features:
- Food4ThoughtDined on 9/23/2014I have been eating at North since it opened. I am a real fan of the menu - something for everyone. From delicate omelet and risotto to full on burger. This occasion was a celebratory lunch. My team left smiling....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NorthfoodisloveDined on 9/19/2014Food here is always wonderful, although my friend's dish (the chicken) was a bit salty for her taste. Wine by the glass a little pricy, considering the level of the pour (a bit skimpy). A little noisy downstairs.Special Features:
- Great Meal as AlwaysFrancophileADDined on 9/17/2014Wonderful food, amazing service, great wine list make this Armonk gem a place I keep wanting to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointed!mimiVIPDined on 9/9/2014Every single thing was overly salted. Chicken burger, chips, salad dressing all very salty...omelet ok but fries so salty. It ruined the meal completely. Have been there 3x before and always SO good. This time a big let down.
- Impeccable!!pisces312Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I spent our first anniversary dinner here and it did not disappoint! I have been in restaurant management/hospitality for over 15 years and was impressed with the thorough service and the attention to detail they provided us. They happily accommodated my pregnancy by offering a "mocktail" which was unique, different and equally delicious. The three courses we chose included confit of chicken wing risotto, squid ink cavatelli, lovely sweet and sour shortribs with sauteed greens and seared top round, tender veal over pomme puree... my mouth is still watering! Thank you again for a wonderful meal and also for the fresh baked muffins to go that I enjoyed with our kids the next morningSpecial Features:
- avalon1188VIPDined on 9/6/2014Restaurant North is always a favorite for it's farm to table food done amazingly inventively. However, we waited about 20 minutes for a table we had a reservation for which was empty but they just couldn't get it set up? Also, the din in the restaurant is very loud so its hard to hear the people you are seated with. The food is outstanding so it makes up for the flaws.Special Features:
- disappointedLocalYokelDined on 9/6/2014We've been regulars at North since it opened, and this last visit was disappointing. The chef is terrific and the food was terrific as always, far better than almost every suburban restaurant. But we waited far too long, well over 40 minutes, between our appetizers and our entrees, and I'm quite sure no one on the staff gave it a thought. This may be ok and understandable with a large party, but not for just a party of two. I loved the scallops, but honestly, does any one think three is the right number of scallops? And if a portion is going to be small, perhaps someone could have warned me and suggested I add a side dish? Finally, I have a special love for Ethiopian coffee. But $12 for a cup? I don't think so.Special Features:
- Foodie heavenNoCompromiseDined on 9/6/2014It was our first time to North. The experience was super. Ambience was calm and airy. Our server was fantastic. The wine list is comprehensive and worth the time to explore. We had their signature Bloody Mary's while we took the time to pick a bottle. The combination of tastes is genius. We had the pork belly with a polenta sauce. The biscuits and seasoned pepper and mint butter should not be missed.Special Features:
- The BestBillVIPDined on 9/5/2014North is the best. Pure and simple. Inspired dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite!!!!EvePDined on 9/5/2014Interesting menu, fabulous food and incredible service. A don't miss!Special Features:
- far inferior to prior visitsgreygeekVIPDined on 8/31/2014North WAS our favorite restaurant in Westchester and we were saddened by our last visit. The food was served cold. Wine (our selection) was sub-par, but in a fine restaurant, we would have been given an alternative when we commented on our level of disappointment. The service was far less enthusiatic than on other visits.Special Features:
- Sea scallopsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014I really enjoyed dinner on a busy Saturday night. Food was delicious and the service was professional friendly and attentive. My only criticism is with the fact that my entree included only 3 scallops for $31. There was a large, medium and medium/small scallop and it left me in unsatisfied from a portion size perspective.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentaleseDined on 8/27/2014Every dish the 4 of us had was amazing. From bread to dessert! Nice touch sending us home with breakfast muffins!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!DisappointedVIPDined on 8/26/2014We really like North, however, they are horrible at reservations. We had 8 pm reservation and didn't get seated until 8:30. Our server, while pleasant was slow. My dinner (veal) was served cold. And, all night we saw muffins delivered with the check. When we got our check, we had no muffins. When I asked we were told they had run out. That was insult to injury!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bad night, or gone downhill?DavidgrDined on 8/23/2014I've been a big fan of North and have been there 5 or more times for dinner. It's been outstanding each and every time until my most recent visit. When we were seated our waiter told us that they were out of scallops. Okay... that happens. So my wife ordered tuna. The waiter then came back and told us "no tuna" so she ordered veal. Bread was brought to the table, but the waiter apologized that there was only one kind... they were out of the others. Service was very slow. We waited a long time to order a bottle of wine, a long time to order our meals and a long time for the food to be delivered. Previously meals were great. This time it wasn't bad... just ok. I may be back, but there are alot of other restaurants I prefer.Special Features:
- Everything fresh and delicious!ChefmommaDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed everything we ordered! We started with the lamb carbonara. Wow! Amazing flavors from this dish of homemade pappardelle. We also enjoyed a salad of farm fresh tomatoes delicately flavored with fresh herbs and olive oil. The pork belly dish was outstanding as were the short ribs. I usually never order deserts, but made an exception and ordered the panna cotta. It was one of the lightest and the creamiest I have ever had. The chocolate chip cookie served with homemade vanilla ice cream was also terrific. Loved the presentation of our dishes and the goodies to take home. 5 stars all the way! The downstairs room is lively and fun. Next time I'll ask for a table by the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THEMAYORVIPDined on 8/22/2014~~CHEF ERIC, HIS SERVICE AND WINE TEAM, CONSTANTLY RAISE THE BAR FOR EXCELLENCE FOR THE FRESHEST INGREDIENTS AND ECLECTIC WINE LIST. ~~THE RESTAURANT'S EVER-CHANGING MENU GUARANTEES A VARIETY OF CULINARY EXPERIENCES USING TOP-GRADE FOOD ITEMS. ~~RESTAURANT NORTH IS A DEFINITE 'GO-TO' RESTAURANT THAT IS A TREASURE IN THE ARMONK AREA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/21/2014Excellent prix-fixe lunch options with extremely fresh, local and seasonal ingredients. Couldn't have had a more pleasant lunch.Special Features:
- Just So-soRoRoVIPDined on 8/20/2014Lunch at North on Wednesday was pleasant, but the food, although interesting, was too salty for my friend. The salad accompanying my chicken burger was inedible. The dressing was pure lemon juice! Dessert was very good.
- Couldn't be worse!NotnowVIPDined on 8/19/2014We went when it first opened, and had a horrible experience, tried it again with friends... Food was cold, service awful, portions tiny! Music was horrible. Eden the bread was bad... Never again