386 Main Street
Armonk, NY 10504Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantnorth.com/
- Phone: (914) 273-8686
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Eric Gabrynowicz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: We are happy to host your private event in our beautiful upstairs dining room. For further questions about having your special event with us email Kim at email@example.com
A word from North
Former Union Square Cafe Wine & Spirit Dir. Stephen Mancini and former Union Square Cafe Sous Chef Eric Gabrynowicz join forces again, but this time in Armonk, NY at the new, Restaurant North. Restaurant North is known for its "Refined Farm-to-Table New American Fare", educated approach to Wine & Spirits and its unparalleled hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
North - Best Restaurants in Armonk ›
North reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (129)neighborhood gem (91)special occasion (71)hot spot (53)notable wine list (51)great for lunch (32)vibrant bar scene (32)romantic (30)good for groups (26)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- EaltpwdrVIPDined on 11/21/2014Sitting upstairs is a better option if you object to the downstairs noise level. The pear salad to start was quite good and is large enough to share. The sock eye salmon and the swordfish were prepared as requested and really good. The pig dish however was dried out and tough. We all loved the breads and could have made a meal of it,especially the focaccia. Our waitress was lovely and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing, but will try going againmc17nyDined on 11/18/2014I hesitate to write a negative review, so I will first begin by saying that my very first visit to North during restaurant week was for lunch and it was FANTASTIC. Because of the great experience, we decided to come back for dinner the following week, which was no longer restaurant week. Unfortunately, this experience was not as great. My boyfriend ordered the pork belly which was much too fatty. There was just about 5% meat and the rest was fat. Despite the fact that pork belly is supposed to be fatty, this one was way over the top. Sorely disappointing. I had the veal, which was considerably better, but the underlying puree had way too much butter. It overwhelmed the taste of the puree. We were pretty bummed at the end of the night. However, every restaurant has an off night, and our lunch experience was great, so we would definitely try them again. Don't let this negative review deter any newcomers! By the way, service was exceptional on both occassions, so I must give recognition for that :-)Special Features:
- The food was cold!danjVIPDined on 11/16/2014The service was very slow and the food came cold! We ordered the hot chocolate chip cookie for dessert, it was good, but again cold! I was a little disappointed in this restaurant.
- Loved it We will definitely be back.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/16/2014The menu has bee thoughtfully chosen and sourced from local providers. Each dish was unique, but still had a hint of those flavors you're craving. The squash soup is divine. The kale salad had a wonderful lemon-flavored dressing, not too harsh. We ordered spaghetti squash as a side dish and it did not disappoint. Save room for the giant toll house cookie at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big fanOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014North has become my new favorite restaurant. The quality, unique, flavorful offerings were staggering. Cauliflower pancetta and the brisket were highlights. We will come back often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Gone WrongEMR4415Dined on 11/14/2014We waited 30mins for our reservation; we were seated next to the door and spent the majority of our meal with various people standing inappropriately close to us. It was the worst table in the place, and if they hadn't been so busy and clearly unconcerned we would have asked to be moved. Our waiter was disconnected and only interacted with us to ask if we wanted bread. They were obviously overbooked and didn't seem concerned that it took over 30 minutes for each of our courses to be served. All told, we were there for dinner for over 2 hours which would have been ok if the experience had been pleasant. Although we were looking forward to this reservation, I am significantly disappointed in our experience.
- Great placewildmonkeyDined on 11/13/2014Went there for lunch during restaurant week. Beautiful space, food was fabulous and waitstaff was very attentive. Will definitely go back for a non-restaurant week lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Dinning ExperienceJerry4foodDined on 11/11/2014The atmosphere was ideal for a pleasurable eating experience- light and minimalist décor. The service was professional and prompt. The food was superb and one could apprehend it was prepared by an experienced and expert chef. If one appreciates good food that is at once both interesting and extremely appetizing North is the restaurant for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive to ArmonkbbgalDined on 11/9/2014Took my boyfriend to North for his birthday. The service and food were excellent. Our waitress was very attentive as was the rest of the staff. The food was just delicious and the portions were quite copious. It was our first time there and it will not be our last - we were pleased with everything and I would highly recommend North whether it's for a special occasion or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best in WestchesterlondonmanVIPDined on 11/8/2014the Armonk dining scene has gotten so good recently, and North is probably the best. Love how the menu changes with the season and with whatever is best from the market. enjoy the gin from greenpoint, brooklyn!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/7/2014We thought during restaurant week ..the kitchen would try harder to entice. We will never go back. An 8:45 reservation and did not get seated until 9:30.
- Never disappoints!KEA429Dined on 11/7/2014Food was amazing as always! Love the take home muffin for the next day! Sara our waitress was not only friendly she was was extremely attentive. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- The besttymelyronVIPDined on 11/7/2014Still! A perfect combination of great food and service, especially for Restaurant Week. Squash soup for starter and brisket for main we're flawless. Save room for the skillet cookie. Unique selection of drinks completes the night. Don't wait for a special occasion to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014From your 1st bite to your last you will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Best in WestchesterGlutenboy1VIPDined on 11/6/2014If there is a rating above outstanding, that is what North deserves. Without a doubt, the most delicious food, with any special dietary requests honored, with ease. The experience was perfection, as was the service. All waitstaff was exceptional, and went way above our expectations. (Please salute the friendly, and speedy service to the team offering the delicious breads throughout our meal. ) Loved the treats given at our departure. Can't wait to return, and will continue to recommend North for all who enjoy perfection.Special Features:
- SweetieDined on 11/6/2014Very pleasant wait staff, kind and attentive. Food good,my main was a bit spicy.....presentation beautiful. My desert was a total wonderful surprise...chocolate chip cookie and ice cream..a great treat.Special Features:
- thetrierthetrierDined on 11/6/2014Everything was sensational and the portions were very generous. I don't know where to begin I loved everything we tried. We made sure to get different items for each course so we could try more things. The chocolate chip cookie was beyond the description. It should be described as a skillet cookie. We had the absolute best waiter ever, he could not have been more helpful. North is one of my favorite restaurants, too bad it is far from my home. I would be there every week.Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurantcpar114VIPDined on 11/6/2014We always enjoy our meals at Restaurant North. The service is very attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. The food is farm fresh and always changing so you never get the same item twice. We always leave full and happy.Special Features:
- Excellent food, chaotic serviceFoodie81Dined on 11/5/2014Food was outstanding from the cauliflower panacotta to the whole roasted pork (A MUST) and the white chocolate ganache. Great pairings, minimalistic arrangements. Congratulations, Chef!! Servers constantly dropped other table food at ours or were walking around back and forth w same plates trying to figure out which table they belong to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trying too hardSomersVinDined on 11/5/2014Four of us went for Hudson Valley Restaurant Week. The selection for the entrees was limited so we settled for brisket of beef, which was OK but not memorable. A bottle of wine was reasonable,chardonnay, but unremarkable. When I tried to order a beer, I was given a list of about 20" craft" type beers. None were familiar to me so I asked for any that were . The answer was no. I settled for one that the bartender chose, which I did not like. The service was quite attentive and the squash soup was also good. The desert was imaginative (olive oil cake), but not that good. The wine by the glass seemed overpriced, as were the beers. We chose North because of excellent reviews. I am sorry to have to disagree.
- estabanestabanDined on 11/4/2014Great place. Love the food and the staff and service is casual and friendly. North has always been a great place to go out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week lunchjazzyplainjaneDined on 11/4/2014the place was jumping when we go there and everyone was odviously enjoying themselves. all ages were having a good time. the service was very attentive and friendly. they were patient in explaining all the different new foods we don't usually eat. and they were quick to clean up finished dishes. the food was outstanding and DELICIOUS. they gave you plenty to eat, so much in fact that you would have to take some home. will definitely recommend to all and go again!!!!Special Features:
- One of the best in the areaOutoftownerDined on 11/4/2014Excellent service and ingredients. When we first ate at North we fell in love with the place. Absolutely the best food in the area and definitely up there with great NYC restaurants. But the past few times we've eaten there we've found the menu and ingredients to be just as good but the seasoning to be lacking. The food has gotten rather bland, at times even tasteless. It's a shame because the effort and ingredients are the same. Just a little better seasoning would make a huge difference. And less black pepper so we could taste the food more.Special Features:
- Lackadaisical lunchSoozlesDined on 11/2/2014I went here for a late lunch on a Sunday afternoon and found the food not as good as the dinner that I ate here last year. I am impressed how North tries to have seasonal food on their menu. But the poached were virtually raw and the sausage was a close cousin to a Jimmy Deans patty. The atmosphere is sophisticated-casual and inviting with sunlight streaming through the french doors. Not sure whether I would make the 20 minute drive to come here again, but I might give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Food!jakeDined on 11/1/2014Food was terrific, homemade pastas (three, one gluten free) , lovely selection of salads and other appetizers made from locally sourced ingredients, there were two of us dining, one of us is on a sodium restricted diet and this restaurant went above and beyond in meeting our needs. They were just simply amazing, caring, patient and actually prepared food that was not on the menu on a Saturday evening with a packed dining room. Our server was so patient checking and re-checking with the chef to make sure that foods were indeed salt-free. . .we highly recommend. Excellent food overall salt or no salt! Also nice that restaurant has a number of gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/30/2014Always a fabulous meal at North. The attention to all details of the meal make it memerable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingluv2dineDined on 10/26/2014We went to Restaurant North for Brunch. Beside the usual brunch items there was a risotto, short ribs with poached eggs. All you could here from our table was oh my god you gotta try this. Two thumbs us from all 8 of us.Special Features:
- great very original menusOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014Lime to visit all the time. Lived the eggplant fries and your roast chicken and burges divineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014The food was outstanding - went here because it was close to the new home of the Hudson Stage Theater and was totally floored. The food amazing and the service as delightful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014While the food was good, the selection was very limited. We did not realize that Saturday lunches were more of a brunch selection and so were disappointed. Started with eggplant fries that were extremely salty. The brisket was good but not great.
- JuergenVIPDined on 10/23/2014The food was excellent, as always. In fall and winter it is extra noisy as the windows are closed. While a certain noise level is beneficial, the only weakness of North is that it is a bit too loud.Special Features:
- ConvenientDined on 10/22/2014The food was fresh and delicious. I requested sitting upstairs which doesn't have as much ambiance as downstairs, but was nice and quiet. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NorthMandyobVIPDined on 10/22/2014First time to North! Tried to come a few times for dinner and never got here but today we made it, for lunch! It was empty but for one other table of 3 women, 2 more eating at the bar and a couple if guys also eating at the bar so we really had the place to ourselves! Loved the room and decor. Staff were very nice. Food was delicious! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurantWriterChrisDined on 10/18/2014Every staff member was personable and seemed very happy to be working there. Danielle (front of house) was terrific. Try the Hazelnut egg appetizer and the eggplant fries with honey and salt. Really good as an appetizer (though listed as a side). Dessert: we tend to look for chocolate, and there was only one possibility, but it also turned out to be a highlight. The chocolate chip cookie served in its own little cast iron pan (hot) with the substituted chocolate ice cream (instead of vanilla) was a wonderful cap to the meal. If I were hard pressed to find a negative, I would say maybe the kitchen relied a little too heavily on baby Marigold blossoms for flair. They can be a little strong to taste (hopefully we were supposed to eat them). :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!MTLMDined on 10/18/2014We had a lovely time at North! Dinner as always was terrific. And the service is always outstanding. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and the staff was very kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The case of hit and missMarWestyVIPDined on 10/17/2014We had several appetizers and a couple of entrees. Although its very exciting to come and try new meals there is a danger because the dishes are constantly changing, so there is no way for the chef to get a real feed back on his creations. As a result we were a bit disappointed with some of the platters: one was too spicy the other too sweet… yet some of the platters were delicious. Our server was very nice and knowledgeable and because of that overall we had a positive experience. We'd come back again sometime in the future, but I can't say that North is a priority on my list right now.Special Features:
- Excellentmargot1Dined on 10/16/2014The moment we walked in the door we knew we made the right choice, The hostess was friendly, our waitress Sara was delightful she made great recommendations for our meal, checked on us often and provided friendly conversation. We had Short ribs with filet and vegetables, the carrots were The best, we also had Roasted Pig which my husband raved about. We definitely will be returning to North.Special Features:
- Not sure it's worth it...EastPortchesterDined on 10/10/2014Overrated and overpriced: $18 for a simple tomato salad, for example, and $25 for a glass of pinot noir. The service was attentive and pleasant, but it was so dark I could not read the menu, and so noisy I had difficult hearing across a table for two. The food was passable but not outstanding in any way.
- Consistently greatBauschVIPDined on 10/10/2014Always a fantastic meal here. The kale salad is a great standby. We each had the veal entree which we'd highly recommend. But everything here is good. If you're not one for New York state wines, ask for the wine list. The owner is typically present and visible--energetic and friendly--and his style shows in the waitstaff who are efficient, witty and charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!!dentaldanVIPDined on 10/8/2014Food is always fresh, excellently prepared and delicious. Service is top notch. LOVE this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.