North Star American Bistro-Brookfield
19115 W. Capitol Dr. #100
Brookfield, WI 53045Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
North Star American Bistro-Brookfield
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.northstarbistro.com/
- Phone: (262) 754-1515
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Saturday: 11:00 am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 10:00 am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Duffy O'Neil
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Affordable, elegant and creative food brought to you by a team that is professional, friendly and attentive to the details that will make your experience outstanding.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Stoner 2627541515
A word from North Star American Bistro-Brookfield
North Star American Bistro offers outstanding burgers, amazing seafood and steak and other seasonal, reasonable entrees in a comfortable, contemporary setting. North Star also has a full-service, non-smoking bar where you can relax and enjoy cocktails, appetizers or a full meal any time of the day.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
North Star American Bistro-Brookfield - Best Restaurants in Brookfield ›
North Star American Bistro-Brookfield reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (23)great for lunch (18)special occasion (16)romantic (15)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great evening at the North American Star BistroTiger41Dined on 11/18/2014We took our 24 year old granddaughter out for her birthday and going there for the first time, were amazed at the quiet setting at the restaurant, All three meals were excellent, as was the servicer, a young gentlemen. We will be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First-timerNoThanksDined on 11/14/2014Everything was great except the service was a little slow. Very polite and helpful, but slow. Waited almost a half hour for him to return to take our orders; not sure where he disappeared to. Not mad about it, but it was a little annoying. Otherwise, food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, mediocre servicebrookfieldgalDined on 11/10/2014It wasn't a busy night at the restaurant, yet our waitress wasn't very attentive. We went on a random Monday night. She took her time coming over to say hello. After that we waited over 15 minutes for her to come back and take our order. Food came out in a timely manner and was delicious! We were not asked how our meals were. After we were clearly done eating (our napkins we even set on the table), she didn't come back after AT LEAST 10 minutes but she kept walking by. I would recommend this restaurant but not this waitress. I've been here plenty of times and even to the one in Shorewood but never experienced service like this. Keep up the good work with your food!Special Features:
- Friday Fish FryBoogieDined on 11/7/2014Although the restaurant was quite busy with a wedding and patrons eating before an event at the Wilson Center, we were seated quite quickly. It was good that we had made a reservation or we likely would have not gotten a table. The fish was good as usual and the portion size was just right. Our server was attentive even though she appeared to have our table and the whole bar area to serve. It is nice to see the wait staff working as a team to get food out and to make sure that needs are taken care of. We did have to wait a bit for the bill but not an excessive amount of time and we were in no rush. We look forward to dining at the North Star American Bistro again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KTdineDined on 11/3/2014What an enjoyable night! While it took a while to get our drinks, once that was resolved we had wonderful food with friends we could actually hear (not much noise - although the restaurant wasn't terribly busy).
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014we did experience slow service, especially in the delivery of the food. The food was very good once we received it. We came in at 12:15 on last Sun.Special Features:
- Great Food!TuttiDined on 10/26/2014Went there for our anniversary. It was a Sunday night and during a Packer game so, there was no one in there but us. But, the server treated us well and the food was delicious. It was like our own private dinner. The crab cake salad was very good. I had the short ribs with mashed potatoes and spinach-Excellent. My husband had the scallops and he said it was very good. She gave us a complimentary creme brulee for dessert. The food was great. Service was good, although I don't know how it would be if there were more guests.Special Features:
- Waitress ruined the night :(WinoDined on 10/24/2014Our waitress was terrible. Very inattentive and took her time getting back to our table. She seemed depressed and unhappy at work. She didn't have a lot of tables as when we'd sat down three of her tables were finishing up. It would have made the experience better to see her happy to be working and show some enthusiasm. The food was lovely, great portion sizes, and fantastic range of foods to choose from. Shame the service was so poor.Special Features:
- Always goodjokamDined on 10/18/2014For some reason we forget about this restaurant when trying to think of someplace to go out on the weekend, but every time we go it is really, really good. My husband and friend ordered the steak, I had the the short ribs and our other friend had the salmon. All of it was great. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- great choicefoodieDined on 10/11/2014outside of a bit noisy when every table is taken, it can't be beat. it's popular and worth stopping at.Special Features:
- Highly recommend dining here4foodDined on 10/9/2014The food is always fresh and well prepared. It is presented very well. The waitstaff are friendly and efficient. The menu changes from time to time.we have used them for special occasions in the restaurant, and catered food at my home. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- CountryjoDined on 10/3/2014Cater to diners going to Sharon Lynne Wilson Theater which is nice. Restaurant was very busy and food took a little longer than expected but still got out in time to get to the theater. Had one of the Friday night fish specials and not as good as other foods on the menu that I have had before but still good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerCDMMAMDined on 9/20/2014Had an amazing dinner on Saturday night. Special was stuffed pork tenderloin which was served over Risotto and it was delicious. The french onion soup was also a big winner with my wife and daughter. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Never disappointingalwayshungryDined on 9/19/2014We live in the neighborhood and get to NSAB once a month. It's a neighborhood gem that pays attention to all of the little details. The wait staff is well trained, friendly, and fun. The food is varied and always very good. It's a great place to go on the spur of the moment as well as a place to take family and friends.Special Features:
- PewaukeanDined on 9/17/2014Never fails to satisfy. Booths provide privacy for conversation and food is consistently good.Special Features:
- GreatMKDKDined on 9/13/2014Our experience was outstanding at North Star Bistro. Recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Food was very good, interesting, and inviting. Our server was obviously new and a little “green” but he was working hard and trying his best to make our experience great. His effort is appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- familychefDined on 9/2/2014I join a friend here for lunch regularly, usually once a month. Selections are first rate for lunch and the service is usually a 4 star. From time to time a large group meets for a birthday, ladies luncheon or a business group. The staff does a nice job of seating them in areas that do not intrude on small groups of two or three. The entire facility is clean and the staff is efficient without being harried. I like to come on a week day, a little after the business lunch crowd. Very good food.Special Features:
- Great PlaceExtremelyhappydinersDined on 8/24/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday. The six of us all had great service from Jamie, our waitress. Very professional and friendly. Upon arrival we were seated immediately. The food was reasonably priced and excellent. Will certainly return! I wish open table had not sent two E mails confirming the reservation, as this was supposed to be a surprise.Special Features:
- Excellent Experience!hilltopDined on 8/16/2014We had a quiet table just as requested. The atmosphere was lovely and the wait staff very attentive.Special Features:
- Terrible Food!!!!pcotDined on 8/3/2014Unfortunately, we had a bad dining experience at North Star Bistro. I guess our expectations were too high - we thought the food would be better than the average junk one could get at an Appleby's etc. I ordered 2 eggs, with toast & a side of bacon. My plate came heaped w/some sort of potatoes (maybe trying to be hashbrowns?) that were so overly seasoned they were inedible. The "toast" seemed to be leftover french bread from the night before, that was grilled (rather than toasted) & buttered and seasoned. Not what I wanted, liked ot expected. My husband had a very bland omelet, w/the same toast, potatoes bacon. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone who would want a nice breakfast. Total junk. Sorry!!!
- Friday Fish Frypenquin99Dined on 8/1/2014One of our favorite places and so glad it is close now that we moved! Great appetizers and a very good perch fry. Choice of potatoes and the slaw is great.Special Features:
- The following 329 reviews are from the North Star American Bistro-Brookfield reviews archive.
- One of our favoritesWiddyDined on 7/27/2014We always enjoy North Star, whether for lunch, brunch or dinner. Their baked French Onion Soup is my absolute standard for any other restaurant to meet--and so far, none has!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably great foodalwayshungryDined on 7/25/2014This is one of those special neighborhood spots that has great food, wonderful service and chances are you'll run into friends and neighbors. Great value. We go at least monthly.Special Features:
- Decent Place for Business LunchSatisfiedDined on 7/24/2014Aside from an error in bringing the wrong appetizer, the food and service was good. While neither the restaurant or food "wowed" me during my first visit, I am willing to try them again at a later time for either a professional or personal dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014We come often and overall love Nort Star Bistro. Sunday was not a very good experience. The waitress did not offer bread, we had to ask. We had to ask twice for more water. After dinner desserts....I've had wonderful brandy Alexander's there. This one was awful! Who puts chocolate syrup in one.....awful. When will you bring back a German reisling. The man tried to tell me the Wasington state wine was from Germany!! This being said only as constructive criticism and hopefully helpful. We are back again this Friday with guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JRPMDVIPDined on 7/13/2014We had a great brunch Sunday morning. The Eggs Benedict were well made and the Bloody Mary was good and not overly spicy. My son raved about his Club Sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Empty PlatesdotsmosaicDined on 7/12/2014We always love the ambience and service at North Star American Bistro-Brookfield, but this time I must comment on the food. Everything from the wine and beverages, the appetizers and entrees was delicious. The plates on our table were cleaned - every bite eaten! And, I was dining with some picky eaters. We had Bourbon Salmon, Flat-Iron Steak, Goat Cheese Salad, Mediterranean Chicken, and a beef dish (can't remember the name, but the taste was great). Every bite was thoroughly enjoyed and we really feel like we treated ourselves to a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JRPMDVIPDined on 7/11/2014As always, the fish fry is great and so are the cocktails. What more could you ask for on a Friday night.Special Features:
- A neighborhood gemWinegirlVIPDined on 7/9/2014A nicely decorated interior, friendly bartenders, a great menu with something for everyone, dependably consistent quality of cooking, attractive plating, excellent service. I can take anyone here and they will have a fine meal from one of the daily specials, to a steak or chop, a pasta specialty, a personal gourmet pizza, a great burger. I've had some really inspired dishes here, some were "memorable" meals here when ordering specials. Wine list is thoughtful and deep enough. Only minus is the rather high wine by the glass prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad meal.TravelerVIPDined on 7/1/2014Always consistent high quality. Crab cake salad is great.Special Features:
- A Brookfield GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We were pleasantly surprised to find such an upscale restaurant in a strip mall environment. The food was delicious, but what was most notable was the bar selection and the bartender's professionalism. She gave great recommendations and became our very curtious waitress, while we sat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-notch!susieazDined on 6/27/2014We chose North Star Bistro for dinner one night of our family reunion, because their menu offers choices to suit everyone's taste, and because the restaurant is just the right level of upscale yet comfortable. Food was excellent. Service absolutely top notch. A perfect dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day successmmaxwellDined on 6/15/2014We took our Dad here for Father's Day and he absolutely loved it. Each one of us really enjoyed our meal and our server was really great! I will be back if in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Waitress either has a standoffish personality or she was out right rude. Appeared to be reacting to the child with us.Special Features:
- Great Fish FrySisDiningWBrosDined on 6/13/2014It pays to call and ask if a place does have a fish fry. Their online menu does not show any options for fish on Friday, but they had several. We had the eggplant for an appi-very tasty. We all ordered the fish fry, one had the calm chowder who said it was very good and our other guest and myself had the salad (spinach & tossed-both very good). The only disappointment was the very limited wine list - our guest was not impressed with the selection. The staff was very nice and attentive. I would recommend this restaurant for adults and families w/older children. The floor plan seemed tight so might not be the best place for a large group (over 8) or for a family that has toddlers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMuddypawsDined on 5/31/2014The food was great, as was the service. Friendly staff. This restaurant is flexible when placing your order. Adjusting our choices to our specifications. Great drinks. I live on the east side of Milwaukee and have frequented the restaurant in Shorewood. Enjoyed the food, staff and atmosphere better at the Brookfield site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JRPMDVIPDined on 5/19/2014North Star remains a dependable Brookfield gem of a restaurant. The menu changes once in a while, but thankfully they keep the butternut squash ravioli with scallops, and the short ribs, which are my favorites. Their baked French onion soup is one of the best around. Cocktails are very well made.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedChurchLadyDined on 5/19/2014This is one of my favorite places to eat; close to home, great food at fair prices. Always an easy choice, thanks for another great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, great servicefoodieDined on 5/13/2014Stopped on a Tuesday night to catch up with a former colleague so I knew this was a 2hr+ dinner. Reserved a booth. My Scallop & Truffle salad was outstanding and my colleague had the Gorgonzola pizza with green apples. Both items were eye appealing and tasty. Menue items were appropriately priced. Our waiter was attentive, but didn't rush us. Since it was a Tuesday evening the place was not packed and table turnover wasn't an issue. I would stop again to try more items from their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.