North Star American Bistro-Brookfield
19115 W. Capitol Dr. #100
Brookfield, WI 53045Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
North Star American Bistro-Brookfield
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.northstarbistro.com/
- Phone: 2627541515
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Saturday: 11:00 am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 10:00 am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Duffy O'Neil
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Affordable, elegant and creative food brought to you by a team that is professional, friendly and attentive to the details that will make your experience outstanding.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Stoner 2627541515
A word from North Star American Bistro-Brookfield
North Star American Bistro offers outstanding burgers, amazing seafood and steak and other seasonal, reasonable entrees in a comfortable, contemporary setting. North Star also has a full-service, non-smoking bar where you can relax and enjoy cocktails, appetizers or a full meal any time of the day.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
North Star American Bistro-Brookfield - Best Restaurants in Brookfield ›
North Star American Bistro-Brookfield reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (24)great for lunch (21)special occasion (20)good for groups (20)great for brunch (16)romantic (12)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great DinnerCDMMAMDined on 9/20/2014Had an amazing dinner on Saturday night. Special was stuffed pork tenderloin which was served over Risotto and it was delicious. The french onion soup was also a big winner with my wife and daughter. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Never disappointingalwayshungryDined on 9/19/2014We live in the neighborhood and get to NSAB once a month. It's a neighborhood gem that pays attention to all of the little details. The wait staff is well trained, friendly, and fun. The food is varied and always very good. It's a great place to go on the spur of the moment as well as a place to take family and friends.Special Features:
- PewaukeanDined on 9/17/2014Never fails to satisfy. Booths provide privacy for conversation and food is consistently good.Special Features:
- GreatMKDKDined on 9/13/2014Our experience was outstanding at North Star Bistro. Recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Food was very good, interesting, and inviting. Our server was obviously new and a little “green” but he was working hard and trying his best to make our experience great. His effort is appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- familychefDined on 9/2/2014I join a friend here for lunch regularly, usually once a month. Selections are first rate for lunch and the service is usually a 4 star. From time to time a large group meets for a birthday, ladies luncheon or a business group. The staff does a nice job of seating them in areas that do not intrude on small groups of two or three. The entire facility is clean and the staff is efficient without being harried. I like to come on a week day, a little after the business lunch crowd. Very good food.Special Features:
- Great PlaceExtremelyhappydinersDined on 8/24/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday. The six of us all had great service from Jamie, our waitress. Very professional and friendly. Upon arrival we were seated immediately. The food was reasonably priced and excellent. Will certainly return! I wish open table had not sent two E mails confirming the reservation, as this was supposed to be a surprise.Special Features:
- Excellent Experience!hilltopDined on 8/16/2014We had a quiet table just as requested. The atmosphere was lovely and the wait staff very attentive.Special Features:
- Terrible Food!!!!pcotDined on 8/3/2014Unfortunately, we had a bad dining experience at North Star Bistro. I guess our expectations were too high - we thought the food would be better than the average junk one could get at an Appleby's etc. I ordered 2 eggs, with toast & a side of bacon. My plate came heaped w/some sort of potatoes (maybe trying to be hashbrowns?) that were so overly seasoned they were inedible. The "toast" seemed to be leftover french bread from the night before, that was grilled (rather than toasted) & buttered and seasoned. Not what I wanted, liked ot expected. My husband had a very bland omelet, w/the same toast, potatoes bacon. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone who would want a nice breakfast. Total junk. Sorry!!!
- Friday Fish Frypenquin99Dined on 8/1/2014One of our favorite places and so glad it is close now that we moved! Great appetizers and a very good perch fry. Choice of potatoes and the slaw is great.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesWiddyDined on 7/27/2014We always enjoy North Star, whether for lunch, brunch or dinner. Their baked French Onion Soup is my absolute standard for any other restaurant to meet--and so far, none has!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably great foodalwayshungryDined on 7/25/2014This is one of those special neighborhood spots that has great food, wonderful service and chances are you'll run into friends and neighbors. Great value. We go at least monthly.Special Features:
- Decent Place for Business LunchSatisfiedDined on 7/24/2014Aside from an error in bringing the wrong appetizer, the food and service was good. While neither the restaurant or food "wowed" me during my first visit, I am willing to try them again at a later time for either a professional or personal dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014We come often and overall love Nort Star Bistro. Sunday was not a very good experience. The waitress did not offer bread, we had to ask. We had to ask twice for more water. After dinner desserts....I've had wonderful brandy Alexander's there. This one was awful! Who puts chocolate syrup in one.....awful. When will you bring back a German reisling. The man tried to tell me the Wasington state wine was from Germany!! This being said only as constructive criticism and hopefully helpful. We are back again this Friday with guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JRPMDVIPDined on 7/13/2014We had a great brunch Sunday morning. The Eggs Benedict were well made and the Bloody Mary was good and not overly spicy. My son raved about his Club Sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Empty PlatesdotsmosaicDined on 7/12/2014We always love the ambience and service at North Star American Bistro-Brookfield, but this time I must comment on the food. Everything from the wine and beverages, the appetizers and entrees was delicious. The plates on our table were cleaned - every bite eaten! And, I was dining with some picky eaters. We had Bourbon Salmon, Flat-Iron Steak, Goat Cheese Salad, Mediterranean Chicken, and a beef dish (can't remember the name, but the taste was great). Every bite was thoroughly enjoyed and we really feel like we treated ourselves to a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JRPMDVIPDined on 7/11/2014As always, the fish fry is great and so are the cocktails. What more could you ask for on a Friday night.Special Features:
- A neighborhood gemWinegirlVIPDined on 7/9/2014A nicely decorated interior, friendly bartenders, a great menu with something for everyone, dependably consistent quality of cooking, attractive plating, excellent service. I can take anyone here and they will have a fine meal from one of the daily specials, to a steak or chop, a pasta specialty, a personal gourmet pizza, a great burger. I've had some really inspired dishes here, some were "memorable" meals here when ordering specials. Wine list is thoughtful and deep enough. Only minus is the rather high wine by the glass prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad meal.TravelerVIPDined on 7/1/2014Always consistent high quality. Crab cake salad is great.Special Features:
- A Brookfield GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We were pleasantly surprised to find such an upscale restaurant in a strip mall environment. The food was delicious, but what was most notable was the bar selection and the bartender's professionalism. She gave great recommendations and became our very curtious waitress, while we sat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-notch!susieazDined on 6/27/2014We chose North Star Bistro for dinner one night of our family reunion, because their menu offers choices to suit everyone's taste, and because the restaurant is just the right level of upscale yet comfortable. Food was excellent. Service absolutely top notch. A perfect dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day successmmaxwellDined on 6/15/2014We took our Dad here for Father's Day and he absolutely loved it. Each one of us really enjoyed our meal and our server was really great! I will be back if in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Waitress either has a standoffish personality or she was out right rude. Appeared to be reacting to the child with us.Special Features:
- Great Fish FrySisDiningWBrosDined on 6/13/2014It pays to call and ask if a place does have a fish fry. Their online menu does not show any options for fish on Friday, but they had several. We had the eggplant for an appi-very tasty. We all ordered the fish fry, one had the calm chowder who said it was very good and our other guest and myself had the salad (spinach & tossed-both very good). The only disappointment was the very limited wine list - our guest was not impressed with the selection. The staff was very nice and attentive. I would recommend this restaurant for adults and families w/older children. The floor plan seemed tight so might not be the best place for a large group (over 8) or for a family that has toddlers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 314 reviews are from the North Star American Bistro-Brookfield reviews archive.
- Great foodMuddypawsDined on 5/31/2014The food was great, as was the service. Friendly staff. This restaurant is flexible when placing your order. Adjusting our choices to our specifications. Great drinks. I live on the east side of Milwaukee and have frequented the restaurant in Shorewood. Enjoyed the food, staff and atmosphere better at the Brookfield site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JRPMDVIPDined on 5/19/2014North Star remains a dependable Brookfield gem of a restaurant. The menu changes once in a while, but thankfully they keep the butternut squash ravioli with scallops, and the short ribs, which are my favorites. Their baked French onion soup is one of the best around. Cocktails are very well made.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedChurchLadyDined on 5/19/2014This is one of my favorite places to eat; close to home, great food at fair prices. Always an easy choice, thanks for another great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, great servicefoodieDined on 5/13/2014Stopped on a Tuesday night to catch up with a former colleague so I knew this was a 2hr+ dinner. Reserved a booth. My Scallop & Truffle salad was outstanding and my colleague had the Gorgonzola pizza with green apples. Both items were eye appealing and tasty. Menue items were appropriately priced. Our waiter was attentive, but didn't rush us. Since it was a Tuesday evening the place was not packed and table turnover wasn't an issue. I would stop again to try more items from their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerValerieDined on 5/11/2014The food was fine -server a little annoying -either she was not present when we needed her and could not see her or get her attention, or she was trying to clear plates quickly and get us out of there. We were seated at a table in the middle of the room which was okay, would have preferred a table The food was pretty good. I probably would go back -now that I know I have to RESERVE a booth I would make sure I did that.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchArygiewiDined on 5/11/2014Went this past Sunday for Mother's Day. As always, it did not disappoint. Great for a family gathering of any size. Lots of different menu choices to appease any palate. Service was also good.Special Features:
- Great food, so-so serviceSEP530VIPDined on 5/10/2014Had made a reservation for a booth and the hostess acknowledged that but still sat us in a table even though there were booths open. The last booth didn't even fill up our whole time dining there. Server did not have much of a personality and seemed rushed at every encounter. Food was very good though.Special Features:
- great food. even better serviceJeffmDined on 5/9/2014From the moment we walked in we were greeted by a friendly hostess that seated us immediately. Our waitress was superb! Very friendly and had great knowledge of the specials. She took great care of all our dining needs and was prompt and very responsive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsJaneannVIPDined on 4/30/2014We had not been to North Star for about a year. What a delicious meal! So happy it still lives up to our memory of it.Special Features:
- dinner at north star BrookfieldjetblattDined on 4/26/2014Had a pleasant dinner...food was great..service ok but seemed as though they may have been short on wait staff..all in all a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Sunday BrunchJulieGDined on 4/20/2014We chose North Star for brunch on Easter Sunday because we wanted to order off menu, rather than have a gut-busting buffet. It was a good choice. They had their normal brunch menu and a list of special drinks. Good variety on the entree choices and good prices. Charging $1.25 for an extra piece of toast is a little crazy, but oh well. We chose to sit in the bar and the service from bar staff was excellent. Build-Your-Own Bloody Mary bar for $5 was great ($1 extra for premium vodka). Will go here again for brunch on any normal Sunday...a nice step up from the family restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationpenquin99Dined on 4/19/2014We arrived for a birthday celebration and our server must have overheard us toasting. When it was time for dessert he brought out a dessert to the birthday boy without any requests needed. As usual the food and service was excellent. Because they are a busy place I usually reserve a table on line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Star American BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014The staff was fantastic. Very friendly, and out going. Both in the bar and the restaurant. The food was excellent. Great selections. Definitely would go back.Special Features:
- Excellent Friday Fish FryWichirDined on 4/11/2014My wife and I have been to North Star in the past but not recently. I recommend reservations on Fridays. They changed the menu since the last time we were there, and although it seems more limited there is a broad selection. The Friday night fish fry selections do not appear on the menu, but they are worth asking about. My wife likes shrimp, and although the menu only shows one shrimp entrée, the Friday night shrimp entrée was excellent. Eight very tasty fried shrimp, French fries and cole slaw was more than my wife could eat. I ordered the lake perch, also with French fries and cole slaw, and it was also very tasty. We concluded dinner with one piece of turtle cheesecake, which was picture perfect and very good. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Sad -too BadBlondieDined on 4/11/2014Reservation thought I made at Shorewood Location, went to Shorewood location and hostesses were not helpful and we were told to bad! Did not keep this reservation.
- excellent food as alwaysdchristensenDined on 4/5/2014I hadn't been to North Star in several months and was excited to see a new menu and new menu items. I had the pretzel crusted pork chop which was awesome. That only with a good glass of wine ended with turtle cheesecake was blissful yumminessSpecial Features: