NoRTH - Scottsdale
15024 N. Scottsdale Rd, Suite 160
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
NoRTH - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.northitalianfarmhouse.com/
- Phone: 4809482055x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11am - 4pm
Mon – Fri 3pm - 6pm
All Day Sunday
Mon - Thu 4pm to 9:30pm
Fri – Sat 4pm to 10:30pm
Sunday 4pm to 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Taylor Domet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from NoRTH - Scottsdale
We’ve turned a modern lens on traditional Italian cooking. North Italia is our love letter to Italy—a place that’ll make you feel like you’ve stepped off a charming side street to discover a culinary gem. After a decade in business, we’ve learned a thing or two and we’re approaching perfection in the art of handmade pasta and pizza. Every day, we start from scratch to create dishes like Strozzapreti with Bloomsdale spinach or supple ribbons of tagliatelle for our Bolognese. Our pizza is a revelation: an airy, barely chewy center embraced by a perfectly crisp crust. With the spirit of the Italian taverna, North is the place to talk shop over a cocktail or swap gossip sharing delectable chef creations. Every neighborhood would be lucky to have a place like North.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
NoRTH - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (74)fit for foodies (68)neighborhood gem (54)great for lunch (50)hot spot (37)special occasion (35)notable wine list (30)good for groups (29)vibrant bar scene (23)romantic (19)kid-friendly (14)great for brunch (8)late-night find (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great experience over allOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014Great food, drinks, room, service..will definitely go back. Great spot to dine if you're tight on time or you're starving.Only complaint is the food came out extremely fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!sallyddVIPDined on 10/18/2014Enjoyed lunch here with family and was amazed by the variety of offerings, even though the menu was not huge. I loved the mussels and husband had amazing fresh pasta with chicken and pesto. Group also enjoyed the tomato soup, meatballs and antipasti type meat platter. Wish we had one of these in South Florida!
- Not as great!TanyaDined on 10/15/2014We eat here quite a bit, maybe it was the chef off nite. Had a group of 5. Everyone thought it was just ok..I ordered the salmon as usual, the size was sooo small! It looked more like an app. vs a main course. And I am only 5'3 @ 101 lbs. didn't really fill me up. Again I will be back. Hopefully be on a "better" nite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, Could Be bettertominScottsVIPDined on 10/12/2014I ordered a salad topped with salmon 'well done, no pink'. The salmon was cooked a little too much and dry on the bottom. I expected it would be cooked through, but not so dry.Special Features:
- Solid ItalianF00dfntcDined on 10/10/2014Good fresh Italian food. Ambiance is nice but a little loud. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and SangriaBDDSTLDined on 10/9/2014I have been coming to Phoenix for over 15 years for work and I love the local Red Sangria, but this place has the best. Crisp and Cool with a perfect blend. The food is not bad either, the red sauce is perfectly balanced and the noodles are perfection. What a great place to hang out and enjoy life with a good drink, great food and friends or family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service on Oct. 8, 2014HendricksginandtonicDined on 10/8/2014The food on Oct 8 was enjoyed by all of us and we would order our dishes again. The NOISE level was so high we couldn't have a conversation without yelling. The noise was loud conversations from other patrons and not in any was offensive....just LOUD. Our Server "BRE" was excellent and we would ask for her if we should ever return.Special Features:
- KPLNeighborVIPDined on 10/1/2014Great service beginning to end. Waitstaff is always attentive - and so it the kitchen, which is often missed when "service" is discussed. The kitchen is always willing to modify orders, split orders, etc...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014This was a horrible dining experience. We took an out of town guest, but the combination music and voices made it a din...no one could hear..even those sitting right next to each other. Food was average.
- Perfect chickenTastyArtFareDined on 9/26/2014Food was perfection. Chicken Rosemary was the best I've had any where around and that includes the Chicago area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoRTH is TeRRIFICOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014Wonderful and varied menu selections, delicious -- every one and backed by superb service.Special Features:
- great dessertcanotopDined on 9/24/2014the only memorable part was dessert, it was awesomeSpecial Features:
- Great special occasion placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014I surprised my wife with a date night to North! Great place. We chose the pre fixed restaurant week menu. Everything was awesome. A little pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulPekapixiDined on 9/20/2014This was awful. The bruschetta was oddly gummy. It seemed like there were cold cuts on top. Neither of us could stomach it. The risotto was soupy. The bread was far too chewy and bland. I tried to order a cocktail - a bice Prosecco blend - but the vodka in the ratio was far too high, and I hardly touched it. Worst of all, the noise. We could not shout across the table loudly enough for a conversation. Everyone in the restaurant was yelling to be heard over the clattering of plates and trays. We finally just asked for dessert to go, and we took it to the bookstore nearby to let the headaches abate. The beet salad was good .... But not good enough to redeem the experience. Awful. Absolutely awful.
- Bring your ear plugsSteveDined on 9/19/2014Food was delicious, the server was great, but the decibel level was off the meter. People around us were asking to be moved outside, but were being told it would be a 30 minute wait.Special Features:
- FRC Always ImpressesanonymousfoodreviewphxDined on 9/13/2014Great ambience for a birthday dinner. The staff was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable about the menu. Salmon cooked perfectly and tasted great. My girlfriend had the rosemary chicken - delicious as well! Complimentary dessert for my birthday date - tiramisu was to die for! Only been to north a couple times and always had a positive experience. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- saltDavidVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food here is very good, but beware of the salt. Everything I have ever had at this restaurant is very salty, even if you ask them to go light on the salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff!easygoingdinerDined on 9/6/2014This was my first time visiting North's and it was for my friends bachelorette party. The staff was amazingly friendly and fun! The food was really YUMMY and the drinks were fantastic. It was pretty loud which made it a little difficult to chat but there were a lot of group parties going on. We had a fabulous time!Special Features:
- we enjoyed our visitluv2eatVIPDined on 9/2/2014The service at the bar was excellent The food was a little unevenSpecial Features:
- Food was OKtominScottsVIPDined on 9/2/2014I ordered the Simple Salad with chicken on top. The chicken was a bit on the dry side. Hopefully, the next time I try this it will be better. The construction of this restaurant makes it quite noisy when it is full and you very often have to talk very loudly for the person across the table to hear you. There are no sound deadening surfaces anywhere. This can be quite annoying for everyone involved.Special Features:
- Pizzas and PastasOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/1/2014Popular eatery in a heavy touristy outdoor mall. Food is good, well presented. Basically pizzas and pasta dishes, some meat entrees and salads which you can add meat or fish to. Very LOUD! Trendy & hipster. Our server was nice, but a bit on the snobbish side. He told us he could help us pair wine with our selections, and when we ordered are own choice of wine, he was a bit 'uppity.' Other than that minor detail, service was fine.Special Features:
- soos4545Dined on 8/22/2014This restaurant is number 1 on my list...the food is excellent and they will accommodate your specific twists to their fare as long as they have the ingredient in house. The General Manager goes out of his way to accommodate as well as all of the servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014North never disappoints. The food and service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice patio diningtholiusDined on 8/21/2014Food is always great. Service was good, excellent wine selections. They have two patios.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!TedLDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I entertained friends from Houston, TX and we chose North after dining there several times ( lots of times). It was Saturday night and the place was exciting. The wait staff was great with their suggestions for wine and the appetizers and entrees were done to perfection. If you love Scallops, this is the place. Our guests were impressed with the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/17/2014We dine at North weekly. You can't beat their All Day Sunday Happy Hour. They always have a different pizza and bruschetta of the day on Happy Hour. They never disappoint. In addition, the board and bottle special for $20 is the best! Lastly, we've always had amazing service there. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is way too loud in the annexJackDined on 8/15/2014We had a party of 3 and everyone thought the food was good. The only complaint was that the kale was not cut as small as it should be. We all agreed that it was way too loud in the annex and we will not dine there again.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceTSKIDined on 8/8/2014I last minute reserved my place online and requested a rose for my wife at her seat...The not only called me back but did it for me. The waitress was amazing and spot on in her timing. The food was excellent. Overall this was an excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Won't go backMaxwellsmartDined on 8/2/2014Gone 3 times. Each time I wonder why we go back. Maybe because of the convenience. Food nothing specials and also lacks something to the dish. Good wine list but not for an individual glass.
- Excellent!NickDined on 7/25/2014This place delivers, great ambiance, food was fantastic. It is loud!Special Features:
- For business meetingstraveldinerDined on 7/24/2014Food was great and service excellent. But space was very crowed and noise level was so high that it was impossible to carry on a normal conversation with out speaking very loudly and/or learning over or around the table to communicate. For a fun night out, great choice. For a business dinner..would pick a quieter location.Special Features:
- Fox FavoriteliketoeatDined on 7/24/2014Another great Fox restaurant, leaning toward Italian, but enough choices for any palate. I had the market salad with quinoa which was absolutely delicious with a fabulous dressing. I probably didn't need to add chicken because the salad portion was a good size. My spouse had the ricotta gnocchi with short ribs. That, as you can imagine, was rich and delicious. Service, as at all Fox restaurants, was friendly, efficient and professional.lSpecial Features:
- speedysummertripDined on 7/20/2014We had a great dinner... service was super, food was terrific. If anything.... things happened just too darned quickly. We tried to have a nice relaxing dinner. But service was so efficient, food was so quick we were in /out within an hour! Would like to go back and enjoy the experience a little more slowly.Special Features:
- Chilled placeSpadgeDined on 7/13/2014As an overseas visitor from the UK I cannot fault The service and food. Excellent!!Special Features:
- Very cool placeErin150VIPDined on 7/11/2014The menu is absolutely delicious and the service is great. It's too noisy to have a good conversation but it's totally worth it for dinner and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewYupdudeDined on 7/2/2014It was really nice and the food was great!it just was pretty loud and that made it a little hard to talkSpecial Features:
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/29/2014Food, service and ambience always excellent. Another great experience at North!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable, but noisyLeemurDined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed our dinner at NoRTH with friends. We all enjoyed our food. Most of us did pasts dishes and they were tasty, but the pasts was a little overcooked. Very tasty though. We did the Chef's selection of mixed meats and vegetables for an appetizer and enjoyed that very much. The only real problem with this place was the noise level. By the middle of our meal the place was full and the noise level had us yelling at each other to be heard. I'm not sure what they could do about it, but it would be nice if they could add some baffles or something to help absorb the decibels of distraction. Our waiter was excellent. Cheerful, knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findCiscosalDined on 6/27/2014What a great find this restaurant was. The food was excellent, the staff friendly and the service great. It can be a little noisy, so not the place for a quiet dinner. I took a group of friends and we all had a great time. The sharing plates were perfect for a little nibble with wine before dinner, plus catered for all pallets with a veggie option. Ordering dinner was a breeze, they were even happy to accommodate some little changes/alterations we had with no fuss. I would highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great food butFoodieVIPDined on 6/27/2014Great food! Had a reservation, but seated us at a very small table up next to the bar in Bar North. We asked for more space and they put us outside on the patio which was fine until they turned off the misters - began to roast.I would recommend this to a friend.