NoRTH - Scottsdale
15024 N. Scottsdale Rd, Suite 160
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
NoRTH - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.northitalianfarmhouse.com/
- Phone: 4809482055x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11am - 4pm
Mon – Fri 3pm - 6pm
All Day Sunday
Mon - Thu 4pm to 9:30pm
Fri – Sat 4pm to 10:30pm
Sunday 4pm to 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Taylor Domet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from NoRTH - Scottsdale
We’ve turned a modern lens on traditional Italian cooking. North Italia is our love letter to Italy—a place that’ll make you feel like you’ve stepped off a charming side street to discover a culinary gem. After a decade in business, we’ve learned a thing or two and we’re approaching perfection in the art of handmade pasta and pizza. Every day, we start from scratch to create dishes like Strozzapreti with Bloomsdale spinach or supple ribbons of tagliatelle for our Bolognese. Our pizza is a revelation: an airy, barely chewy center embraced by a perfectly crisp crust. With the spirit of the Italian taverna, North is the place to talk shop over a cocktail or swap gossip sharing delectable chef creations. Every neighborhood would be lucky to have a place like North.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
NoRTH - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (76)fit for foodies (65)neighborhood gem (58)great for lunch (56)special occasion (34)notable wine list (32)good for groups (27)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (24)romantic (23)kid-friendly (20)great for brunch (16)late-night find (13)scenic view (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This restaurant is number 1 on my list...the food is excellent and they will accommodate your specific twists to their fare as long as they have the ingredient in house. The General Manager goes out of his way to accommodate as well as all of the servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014North never disappoints. The food and service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice patio diningtholiusDined on 8/21/2014Food is always great. Service was good, excellent wine selections. They have two patios.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!TedLDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I entertained friends from Houston, TX and we chose North after dining there several times ( lots of times). It was Saturday night and the place was exciting. The wait staff was great with their suggestions for wine and the appetizers and entrees were done to perfection. If you love Scallops, this is the place. Our guests were impressed with the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/17/2014We dine at North weekly. You can't beat their All Day Sunday Happy Hour. They always have a different pizza and bruschetta of the day on Happy Hour. They never disappoint. In addition, the board and bottle special for $20 is the best! Lastly, we've always had amazing service there. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is way too loud in the annexJackDined on 8/15/2014We had a party of 3 and everyone thought the food was good. The only complaint was that the kale was not cut as small as it should be. We all agreed that it was way too loud in the annex and we will not dine there again.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceTSKIDined on 8/8/2014I last minute reserved my place online and requested a rose for my wife at her seat...The not only called me back but did it for me. The waitress was amazing and spot on in her timing. The food was excellent. Overall this was an excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Won't go backMaxwellsmartDined on 8/2/2014Gone 3 times. Each time I wonder why we go back. Maybe because of the convenience. Food nothing specials and also lacks something to the dish. Good wine list but not for an individual glass.
- Excellent!NickDined on 7/25/2014This place delivers, great ambiance, food was fantastic. It is loud!Special Features:
- For business meetingstraveldinerDined on 7/24/2014Food was great and service excellent. But space was very crowed and noise level was so high that it was impossible to carry on a normal conversation with out speaking very loudly and/or learning over or around the table to communicate. For a fun night out, great choice. For a business dinner..would pick a quieter location.Special Features:
- Fox FavoriteliketoeatDined on 7/24/2014Another great Fox restaurant, leaning toward Italian, but enough choices for any palate. I had the market salad with quinoa which was absolutely delicious with a fabulous dressing. I probably didn't need to add chicken because the salad portion was a good size. My spouse had the ricotta gnocchi with short ribs. That, as you can imagine, was rich and delicious. Service, as at all Fox restaurants, was friendly, efficient and professional.lSpecial Features:
- speedysummertripDined on 7/20/2014We had a great dinner... service was super, food was terrific. If anything.... things happened just too darned quickly. We tried to have a nice relaxing dinner. But service was so efficient, food was so quick we were in /out within an hour! Would like to go back and enjoy the experience a little more slowly.Special Features:
- Chilled placeSpadgeDined on 7/13/2014As an overseas visitor from the UK I cannot fault The service and food. Excellent!!Special Features:
- Very cool placeErin150VIPDined on 7/11/2014The menu is absolutely delicious and the service is great. It's too noisy to have a good conversation but it's totally worth it for dinner and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewYupdudeDined on 7/2/2014It was really nice and the food was great!it just was pretty loud and that made it a little hard to talkSpecial Features:
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/29/2014Food, service and ambience always excellent. Another great experience at North!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable, but noisyLeemurDined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed our dinner at NoRTH with friends. We all enjoyed our food. Most of us did pasts dishes and they were tasty, but the pasts was a little overcooked. Very tasty though. We did the Chef's selection of mixed meats and vegetables for an appetizer and enjoyed that very much. The only real problem with this place was the noise level. By the middle of our meal the place was full and the noise level had us yelling at each other to be heard. I'm not sure what they could do about it, but it would be nice if they could add some baffles or something to help absorb the decibels of distraction. Our waiter was excellent. Cheerful, knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findCiscosalDined on 6/27/2014What a great find this restaurant was. The food was excellent, the staff friendly and the service great. It can be a little noisy, so not the place for a quiet dinner. I took a group of friends and we all had a great time. The sharing plates were perfect for a little nibble with wine before dinner, plus catered for all pallets with a veggie option. Ordering dinner was a breeze, they were even happy to accommodate some little changes/alterations we had with no fuss. I would highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great food butOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/27/2014Great food! Had a reservation, but seated us at a very small table up next to the bar in Bar North. We asked for more space and they put us outside on the patio which was fine until they turned off the misters - began to roast.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DRNOVIPDined on 6/25/2014Food and service were outstanding. Waiter made excellent suggestions.Special Features:
- NoRTHOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2014The little girls that were the receptionists were very pre occupied. It was really loud inside so we were seated outside (it was hot). Waiter was very good. He even spotted that one of the pasta’s was not prepared as ordered (he did not bring it to the table). He immediately took it and had it done as ordered, and brought it back himself. He offered a complimentary desert for the trouble. The sauce on the sea bass was overpowering. We may try it again (the waiter saved the day).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!mgcinazDined on 6/21/2014Great food, Felt a rushed appetizer and main course came out very fast. But overall recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but great foodEats4pattiDined on 6/20/2014It's hard to hear yourself think and conversation is difficult. But the food and service are great.Special Features:
- Delish food at North!SFeaterDined on 6/16/2014While visiting my family in the Phoenix area, we had dinner at North one night. I live in a city with some of the best restaurants in America, so my standards are pretty high. We had an excellent meal at North--and one that would have cost a lot more where I live. We started with the meatballs (YUM) and artichokes. We all had a round of salads which were fresh and delicious with just the right amount of dressing. I had the pesto chicken pasta and it was to die for. I know my family enjoyed their entrees as well. We will definitely return next time I'm in town. My mouth is watering thinking about our dinner there.Special Features:
- Sunday happy hourPartyof5Dined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed the happy hour at North. Their pizza and a bottle of wine special was terrific. Service was attentive. We look forward to our next visit and trying out the outside table seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a dull momentbradfDined on 6/15/2014I enjoyed our visit to NoRTH, we went there for Father's Day. It wasn't overly busy and our table was ready when we arrived. The staff was great and the food wad excellent. The atmosphere was upbeat, just an overall good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedLizabyrdDined on 6/7/2014Salmon dish was superb. Pasta fresh and homemade. Good wine listSpecial Features:
- good experienceeatnoutDined on 6/7/2014We had not been to North for some time and decided to try it on a Saturday night. It was busy and inside was very loud. Fortunately we asked to sit on the patio and the hostess was able to seat us there. Our server was the best. He was friendly, attentive, and offered knowledgeable advise. The food was good, but we thought the fish was a little pricey given it did not include any side dishes. I would not hesitate to go back, but only if I sat outside.
- Exceeded All ExpectationsJestjohnDined on 6/6/2014AS terific as all the Appetizers and Entree's are, save room for Dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014We have been going to North at Kierland for years. The food is wonderful, the atmosphere is pleasant and the service is very good.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Love dining at North! It's so great, I always order the same things and am wonderfully satisfied!Special Features:
- best dessert ever: budinoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2014We enjoyed two salads, 2 pasta entrees, meatballs, some Italian white wine, all well prepared and presented, but the shared dessert, budino, made the smiles permanent. $100 plus tax n tip in "North", Scottsdale, is a moderate night tariff. If you stick to water, its $35 less. The staff is all smiles and it gets better if you can manage a few in response.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for out of townersDesignlink1Dined on 5/28/2014It is always nice out side. It is a must to dine on the patio. Us locals keep this place in business but the community table is always booked for large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal with good friendsIceManDined on 5/26/2014We took friends, who just moved here, to North so they could experience one of our favorite spots. Food was great as usual. Our server, Sam, was great but; unfortunately, we were seated in Bar North so we felt like the "bad kids" who had to be moved out of the main "classroom". Felt a little forgotten at times due to the distance between where we were and the main restaurant. We made the best of it anyway and had a blast amongst ourselves and enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice lunchimundecidedVIPDined on 5/26/2014friendly staff and good solid food make this a return visit worthy placeSpecial Features:
- NoRTHwhenvisitingDined on 5/25/2014We have the opportunity to visit NoRTH quite a few times while visiting Scottsdale. Many years back we used to go there as a lunch location but it has matured nicely into a nice dining experience. It is upbeat, the food is great and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2014Consistently great service, food and atmosphere! Sunday night wine specials are particularly fun!Special Features:
- ALWAYS GREATAZFOODIEDined on 5/25/2014We included NoRTH as part of our 50th birthday weekend celebrations because we always have a great experience there. As usual, the food and service were perfect.Special Features:
- North by NortheastOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2014Had dinner for the first time at North on Saturday. My first impression was that they've put way too many tables in the space and the place is quite loud. We had a server who was very nice and very attentive, but we could tell that he wasn't into food. He was able to make recommendations, the best he could do to describe the food was "it's good." I went with his recommendation of the spaghetti & meatballs, and it was really good. Also had the calamari appetizer, which turns out is mostly arugula with a few pieces of calamari, but was not at all disappointing. Surprising, but delicious. I was kind of disappointed in the selection of pasta dishes. Only 6 options, and they were fairly pedestrian. Overall, good food, a bit loud, worth the priceSpecial Features:
- good-not great and reasonable priceeasyniteoutDined on 5/23/2014Our food was good..not great....but we didn't expect haute cuisine. Good place to go if you are looking for an easy night out.I would recommend this to a friend.