NoRTH - Scottsdale
15024 N. Scottsdale Rd, Suite 160
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
NoRTH - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.northitalianfarmhouse.com/
- Phone: (480) 948-2055
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11am - 4pm
Mon – Fri 3pm - 6pm
All Day Sunday
Mon - Thu 4pm to 9:30pm
Fri – Sat 4pm to 10:30pm
Sunday 4pm to 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Taylor Domet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from NoRTH - Scottsdale
We’ve turned a modern lens on traditional Italian cooking. North Italia is our love letter to Italy—a place that’ll make you feel like you’ve stepped off a charming side street to discover a culinary gem. After a decade in business, we’ve learned a thing or two and we’re approaching perfection in the art of handmade pasta and pizza. Every day, we start from scratch to create dishes like Strozzapreti with Bloomsdale spinach or supple ribbons of tagliatelle for our Bolognese. Our pizza is a revelation: an airy, barely chewy center embraced by a perfectly crisp crust. With the spirit of the Italian taverna, North is the place to talk shop over a cocktail or swap gossip sharing delectable chef creations. Every neighborhood would be lucky to have a place like North.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
NoRTH - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (85)fit for foodies (71)neighborhood gem (50)great for lunch (42)hot spot (41)special occasion (33)good for groups (32)notable wine list (29)romantic (25)vibrant bar scene (21)great for brunch (9)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014We were on vacation in Scottsdale for the week and stumbled upon this gem while shopping at the Kierland outdoor mall. To put it simply, North is a great restaurant. We enjoyed it so much, we went there twice for dinner in 3 days! The wait staff was fantastic. Both attentive and friendly. The food isn't excellent. Nothing fancy, but excellent. I highly recommend the mussels as an app, and The 'Pig' pizza with extra cheese :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad experience. It is locally owned!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2014I love the happy hour specials....the bruschetta was great, the wine was great. I brought a colleague new to Phoenix and she loved it! I love to support our locally owned and independent restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MmmmVIPDined on 11/18/2014Chicken parm was soft and mushy. Mixed greens salad was good.Special Features:
- Great spotNickDined on 11/17/2014Love coming here. Nice place to grab an appetizer and glass of wine. Dinners are great too. It does get busy sometimes so using OpenTable works out greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place!BarbVIPDined on 11/16/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our Sunday brunch at North. The food was delicious and the atmosphere is vibrant and energetic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/16/2014North is a favorite...it's always a pleasure dining there. I like the food and ambiance. Nice that they offer happy hour all day on Sundays too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/15/2014Have been here 4 times and it's alwaya great. This time we took some out of town relatives along with our local family, including my daughter (12) and also the family daushound. The restaurant is dog friendly and she was treated as well as we were! Great place that I would highly recommend. We'll be back! Wait staff very attentive... Food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and first visit experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014our visit this past Saturday was our first and was for my birthday and it was a great experience. The appetizer, wine, pasta, dessert and coffee were all wonderful. Our server was great as well. We will be coming back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014Decent food nice location and ambiance . Would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodSoozDined on 11/13/2014We loved our braised meatballs! And, the "Simple Salad" that we started with was large enough to share as was the pasta entree. Each course was really very good!! The only negative is that the restaurant is quite noisey so it is better to sit outside. We will go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice place to dineCS629VIPDined on 11/12/2014I love this restaraunt. The seasaonal harvest salad with farro and quinoa with goat cheese, beets and brussel sprouts (which I usually don't like) is devine! I loved it so much I tried (but failed) to make it at home. Also, the beef short ribs are so moist and fall apart with a fork delicious!! One last thing, I must admit, when a restaruant can make my favorite Belvedere Lemon martini perfectly, I will be returning again, and again. Thank you for a great restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short RibsDavidVIPDined on 11/11/2014These were the best I have ever had at North ExcellentSpecial Features:
- Great MeatballsSullyVIPDined on 11/10/2014We were looking for a relaxing dinner and found it at North. My simple order of pasta and meatballs was exceptional as the meatballs were extra special. Others ordered combination of salads and appetizers. Very satisfied with atmosphere, service, and price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should Have Been BettertominScottsVIPDined on 11/8/2014I ordered the chopped salad with salmon. I asked for the salmon to be cooked well done, but not burnt. The meal came with the salmon pink in the middle, not fully cooked. The kitchen fixed it after I brought it to the servers attention. I had to wait another 10-15 minutes for the salad to arrive. The other member of my party ordered a custom vegetable plate. The vegetables were pretty large, not cut up and he thought that they would be cooked in some sort of saute' but were not. They initially delivered on two separate plates, so he requested that they all be placed on one plate. All of the veggies were placed on one plate and redelivered. Most of the vegetables were charred (burned) in several spots. The Olive Cake was great!Special Features:
- Must eat here when in ScottsdaleAttymikebDined on 11/5/2014One of our favorites for over a decade of visits to Scottsdale. Great bar, great outdoor dining, great food and excellent wine list! Always good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, Service So, SoazchickaDined on 11/4/2014The food is always good at North, but the service the last few times is very lacking. Maybe that is the vibe they are going for but to me it feels like they don't really care and puts me off. Also, I noted when I made our reservation for Open Table that we were going there to celebrate a friends birthday. Not the hostess nor the server made any mention of it. Also, the noise level was very loud. We had to shout to hear each other across the table. We will be going somewhere else from now on for our special lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love NorththodgdonDined on 11/3/2014Love this place. Been going here for years and everything I've tried has been fantastic...unfortunately I have a hard time NOT ordering the scallops...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Fiancé's birthdayMashDined on 11/2/2014Delucious food, great service, they did a little something extra for his birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio !MaylyDined on 10/31/2014The food is always good. We you have the chance to have diner on the patio and the weather is fine, it's just wonderful.Special Features:
- go to placedeanDined on 10/30/2014We eat here at least once a week when in Scottsdale it our go to placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably GoodMangiareVIPDined on 10/24/2014This retaurant is consistently good and they have a great happy hour.Special Features:
- nice placePaldaveyDined on 10/21/2014The food and service were great. Noisy not a great place if you want quiet. Nice outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience over allNomnomnomDined on 10/19/2014Great food, drinks, room, service..will definitely go back. Great spot to dine if you're tight on time or you're starving.Only complaint is the food came out extremely fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't live up to hypeFromBostonDined on 10/19/2014As a regular visitor to the Phoenix area, I have become a fan of several Fox Concept Restaurants. NoRTH has been on our list for a while, and we went on our most recent visit. It definitely pales in comparison to others, notably, the Greenhouse right next door, and Olive & Ivy. The food is nothing special, the wine list very limited unless you want to pay $70+ for something that retails around $25, and our server was perfunctory. We started with the marinated artichokes - not nearly as good as those served at LGO or Bandera. The bolognese was decent, but the chicken pesto was so heavily pestoed you could taste nothing else. The gnocchi and braised short rib was a mixed bag - the short rib was piping hot but the gnocchi cold.
- Very nice!sallyddVIPDined on 10/18/2014Enjoyed lunch here with family and was amazed by the variety of offerings, even though the menu was not huge. I loved the mussels and husband had amazing fresh pasta with chicken and pesto. Group also enjoyed the tomato soup, meatballs and antipasti type meat platter. Wish we had one of these in South Florida!
- Not as great!TanyaDined on 10/15/2014We eat here quite a bit, maybe it was the chef off nite. Had a group of 5. Everyone thought it was just ok..I ordered the salmon as usual, the size was sooo small! It looked more like an app. vs a main course. And I am only 5'3 @ 101 lbs. didn't really fill me up. Again I will be back. Hopefully be on a "better" nite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, Could Be bettertominScottsVIPDined on 10/12/2014I ordered a salad topped with salmon 'well done, no pink'. The salmon was cooked a little too much and dry on the bottom. I expected it would be cooked through, but not so dry.Special Features:
- Solid ItalianF00dfntcDined on 10/10/2014Good fresh Italian food. Ambiance is nice but a little loud. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and SangriaBDDSTLDined on 10/9/2014I have been coming to Phoenix for over 15 years for work and I love the local Red Sangria, but this place has the best. Crisp and Cool with a perfect blend. The food is not bad either, the red sauce is perfectly balanced and the noodles are perfection. What a great place to hang out and enjoy life with a good drink, great food and friends or family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service on Oct. 8, 2014HendricksginandtonicDined on 10/8/2014The food on Oct 8 was enjoyed by all of us and we would order our dishes again. The NOISE level was so high we couldn't have a conversation without yelling. The noise was loud conversations from other patrons and not in any was offensive....just LOUD. Our Server "BRE" was excellent and we would ask for her if we should ever return.Special Features:
- KPLNeighborVIPDined on 10/1/2014Great service beginning to end. Waitstaff is always attentive - and so it the kitchen, which is often missed when "service" is discussed. The kitchen is always willing to modify orders, split orders, etc...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014This was a horrible dining experience. We took an out of town guest, but the combination music and voices made it a din...no one could hear..even those sitting right next to each other. Food was average.
- Perfect chickenTastyArtFareDined on 9/26/2014Food was perfection. Chicken Rosemary was the best I've had any where around and that includes the Chicago area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoRTH is TeRRIFICdineSublimeDined on 9/25/2014Wonderful and varied menu selections, delicious -- every one and backed by superb service.Special Features:
- great dessertcanotopDined on 9/24/2014the only memorable part was dessert, it was awesomeSpecial Features:
- Great special occasion placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014I surprised my wife with a date night to North! Great place. We chose the pre fixed restaurant week menu. Everything was awesome. A little pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulPekapixiDined on 9/20/2014This was awful. The bruschetta was oddly gummy. It seemed like there were cold cuts on top. Neither of us could stomach it. The risotto was soupy. The bread was far too chewy and bland. I tried to order a cocktail - a bice Prosecco blend - but the vodka in the ratio was far too high, and I hardly touched it. Worst of all, the noise. We could not shout across the table loudly enough for a conversation. Everyone in the restaurant was yelling to be heard over the clattering of plates and trays. We finally just asked for dessert to go, and we took it to the bookstore nearby to let the headaches abate. The beet salad was good .... But not good enough to redeem the experience. Awful. Absolutely awful.
- Bring your ear plugsSteveDined on 9/19/2014Food was delicious, the server was great, but the decibel level was off the meter. People around us were asking to be moved outside, but were being told it would be a 30 minute wait.Special Features:
- FRC Always ImpressesanonymousfoodreviewphxDined on 9/13/2014Great ambience for a birthday dinner. The staff was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable about the menu. Salmon cooked perfectly and tasted great. My girlfriend had the rosemary chicken - delicious as well! Complimentary dessert for my birthday date - tiramisu was to die for! Only been to north a couple times and always had a positive experience. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- saltDavidVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food here is very good, but beware of the salt. Everything I have ever had at this restaurant is very salty, even if you ask them to go light on the salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.