2610 North Cannon Drive
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.northpondrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7734775845x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 1:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Bruce Sherman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: North Pond provides one of the most distinctive settings in the city for private social and business events. Our Lincoln Park location offers stunning views of Chicago’s dramatic skyline. We offer an inclusive evening for your special occasion, complete with a seasonal four-course dinner
- Private Party Contact: Natalie Labun 7734775845x
- Cross Street: Lakeview & Deming
- Public Transit: CTA 151, 156 (Wrightwood), 22 (Clark & Deming)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Due to construction blocking our Lakeview & Deming Valet area, we have temporarily relocated our Valet and Taxi drop off locations:
Valet Parking - $10 per vehicle. Drop-off is at the Gazebo on Stockton Drive, on the West side of the park.
The best taxi drop-off is at 2610 North Cannon, on the West side of the street. A North Pond Sign marks the spot where a taxi can enter. From there, the restaurant is a short walk into the park.
A word from North Pond
Located within Lincoln Park, at the edge of a pond overlooking Chicago's dramatic skyline, North Pond can easily claim the city's loveliest setting. Inspired by the market, Chef Bruce Sherman utilizes exceptional ingredients at the height of their season. His cuisine reflects the Arts & Crafts decor of the dining room - complex layers of subtle craft beneath a simple decorative style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
North Pond - Best Restaurants in Lincoln Park ›
North Pond reviews from OpenTable diners
235 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (188)scenic view (175)fit for foodies (163)romantic (155)neighborhood gem (100)notable wine list (79)great for brunch (43)great for outdoor dining (31)hot spot (15)good for groups (11)great for lunch (8)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Gem in LPark, needs work on serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014I have supported Bruce Sherman & North Pond for many years. While the bartender was very engaging and vibrant, by contrast, our server was polite, but not very customer-service oriented. She did not introduce herself nor did she smile the whole time. She seemed eager to end her shift and for our table to wrap up our brunch. The hostess was also not friendly and declared that we would need our whole party present before being seated. This should be stated somewhere on their website or mentioned in their confirmation call the day before. My brother was parking the car and we were hoping to be seated with drinks and coffee, but were told to wait in the bar. The food, as always, was delicious and a wonderful presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland cake & tough beefToughVealCannedVegetablesVIPDined on 10/26/2014I have had three excellent meals at NP. All for dinner. This was brunch. I won't go again. The amuse bouche foreshadowed the rest of brunch. It was a crudely simple apple coffee cake, with all the complexity and lack of flavor of the Stouffer's store bought version. The beef for the main course was insulting. If you're going to serve a naturally tough (but flavorful and potentially excellent) cut like petite shoulder tender (aka terrus major), marinate it, tenderize it using a machine, slice it very thin across the grain...anything that allows me to avoid sitting across from my date chewing on this thing like a piece of cow cud, until it finally relents and allows me to swallow it. On the bright side, the coffee was excellent. Steve
- outstanding foodcecchicagoVIPDined on 10/24/2014THis restaurant deserves its one-star Michelin! Our waitress was very caring, made sure we were comfortable, as well as the Restaurant manager. We each picked different main courses and dessert, and everything was delicious. we even had extra "pâtes de fruit".Special Features:
- Excellent tasting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014We went to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday and he said it was the best meal he's ever had! The tasting menu was delicious (with two extra, compliments of the chef courses) and the wine pairing were great also.Special Features:
- Enjoyable but way overpricedChar47Dined on 10/24/2014Lovely room; view of Lincoln Park is wonderful and it is an easy place to have a conversation. Food was good but not awesome. Almost felt like the restaurant was striving to hard to be "unique" and to have lots of different flavors on the plate. Everything was interesting; nothing was outstanding. Brought my wife here for her 65th birthday at her request, but for the money next time we will go to Vie in Western Springs - also expensive but much better quality. Wait staff was attentive, but almost intrusive. The best wait staff seem to pay attention to what you are doing and time their interruptions; at North Pond, there were loads of people attending to us, but i felt interrupted every few minutes.Special Features:
- OutstandingZimgalVIPDined on 10/22/2014Bruce continues to be so innovative and at the same time to produce such TASTY food. He is amazing. The plating is beautiful but in the end it's the taste that surpasses everything else. North Pond is the bestSpecial Features:
- Beautiful & fantastic foodFallgalDined on 10/19/2014North Pond is one of the most beautiful restaurants in Chicago and its location adds to the charm. The food and service are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulHodgie2Dined on 10/19/2014I have you eaten in a lot of places. This was one of the best meals I've ever had. It was a Sunday brunch. The flavors were wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsBillVIPDined on 10/19/2014We live an hour outside the city, but drove in just for brunch Sunday. The pace is slow, and the service matches the food, outstanding.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerPlikuhnkDined on 10/18/2014The only thing I could complain about was that the music was a bit too loud at one point to converse with the rest of my table. Otherwise, everything was perfect. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Star of chicagoEnjoyGoodFoodDined on 10/17/2014We didn't know what to expect when we made reservations for North Pond but were very pleased with our experience. The restaurant has a very warm ambiance with arts and crafts styling. The mood is relaxed and welcoming, set by a gracious staff. The food was a wonderful blend of distinct flavors fused in a complementary harmony. The food was presented in an artistic and elegant manner. The waitstaff were cordial helpful and accommodating. North Pond offers one of the nicest dining experiences we have experienced anywhere in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Evening at North PondFurndogDined on 10/12/2014We celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary with another couple celebrating their 7 year wedding anniversary over this past weekend at North Pond. The service, food, ambiance, etc. was nothing short of amazing. The host printed Happy Anniversary menus for us to bring with us, had Happy Anniversary scripted on the desert item, etc. What a magical evening and we will forever remember this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodie ExperienceGandLfromTXDined on 10/10/2014Located off the street in Lincoln Park, the view of North Pond and the Chicago skyline make for a great romantic foodie dinner. The service was a little slow, but we were in no hurry. We had the Smoke Brined Pork Loin and the Chilean Sea Bass- both were prepared and presented very creatively, and were wonderfully delicious.Special Features:
- SuperbTburgessDined on 10/9/2014Celebrated a special occosion, and I loved the special touches that North Pond added. Amazing setting, beautiful restaurant with outstanding food and service; it was a great choice. Loved the seasonal menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDisappointedDined on 10/9/2014First time at North Pond. Can't wait to go there again and especially in the summer when we can sit outside and enjoy the view. Good service, good, food, a high price but worth it.Special Features:
- menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014The menu is very limited. My wife had difficulty finding something she wished to order.Special Features:
- Nice but noisy guests ruined moodddownDined on 10/8/2014My wife and I went to North Pond for a wedding anniversary dinner. The staff was very friendly and the general ambiance of the restaurant was nice. The staff personalized our menu and a dessert course, which we thought was very thoughtful. However, a loud and obnoxious table beside us ruined the mood for everyone else. Although the customers were causing the noise, the restaurant is ultimately responsible for every guest's dining experience. As such, they should have kindly asked the loud table to keep the noise down. This table was so loud that it ruined the romantic mood. The restaurant staff, otherwise perfectly friendly and professional, failed to take action. Also, we found it strange that 3-4 different people served us food.Special Features:
- NbbmVIPDined on 10/5/2014Extremely slow service food is nothing special they spend to much time in the presentation portions are to small
- Best Meal I've Had In ChicagoMighelDined on 10/5/2014Delicious, inventive creations, perfectly sized portions, tremendously attentive wait staff. From the time we sat down, we felt the attention to detail from top to bottom, and it was reflected in the 4 courses that we had for dinner. Fresh, local ingredients combined in unexpected, yet approachable ways. Definitely recommended, and we plan to go back every anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchFoodie4VIPDined on 10/5/2014My girlfriends and I went for brunch and it was wonderful! I though the egg bacon, pork bean, and plum honey were the best options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely brunch, perfect fall localeSistersDined on 10/5/2014Fresh, complex food pairings. Mostly hits, a few misses (crab bisque flavor overwhelmed by too many ginger snaps. Hard to eat yogurt sauce off the bumpy slate used for duck presentation). Men in our group left hungry. Loved the pork. Tuna good. Beef ok. Desserts yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayInsearchofexcellenceVIPDined on 10/4/2014The food and service were mundane. I was not impressed with the combination of flavors or selection of how the plates were arranged. We were annoyed that service was always coming over to our table inquiring how everything was. Just not classy for us. This critique is based solely on eating at other Michelin star restaurants throughout the world. On a scale of 1-10 as a M1 star restaurant it is a 3.Special Features:
- ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/4/2014North Pond has it all. Can be a little hard to find but it is part of the charm. And once you are there, it is relaxing and worth it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- life changing mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/2/2014BF & I knew we were in for a treat. We had no idea it would be like this. After the meal, I felt like I'd just had sex. Can't decide? Don't be afraid to let your server decide for you. Don't leave Chicago w/out visiting this gem. Seriously. You'll regret it.Special Features:
- Great experience as alwaysWgcsilverDined on 10/2/2014We come here every year for our anniversary and every year the food and service is outstanding. Seasonal tasting menu and wine pairing is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceY2KMCSDined on 10/1/2014Service was perfect. Bruno inside such a nice park makes it special. Food was very nice too. Wine's were more expensive than i thought they would and should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency rules!drzeppoVIPDined on 9/28/2014This was the first time i ate here in the daytime, and it was truly wonderful. Perfect sunny day, perfect view over the pond. Great meal and a wonderful server, Kevin. A must stop every time i am in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!LestatDined on 9/28/2014Went to North Pond for brunch to celebrate a special family occasion. It was the perfect place to do so and the food was wonderful. The view is the best in the city of Chicago, the food and service were outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2014Whenever I have out of town visitors who enjoy good food and ambience, I bring them here. I've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic night with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/25/2014Great for a romantic night out with fabulous food and service. See the beautiful skyline and water without the hassles of downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true dining experienceDiningdivaDined on 9/25/2014The food selection was so enticing it was difficult to choose. The waiter was well versed on the menu and aided in making the right selection. The presentation of each plate was as beautiful as the view of North Pond outside our window, which began with the Chicago skyline in daylight just across North Pond and ended with the twinkling lights of the city and the moon reflecting in North Pond. Magical. The concord grape sorbet I had for dessert was absolutely delicious and luckily remained on my palette for some time. The architecture outside and inside the building let you know this was a special place. The chef sent both an appetizer and a dessert taste to our table and a special menu welcoming me by name was printed on our menusSpecial Features:
- Fresh and exciting cooking.2sydney2Dined on 9/24/2014The food the ambience and service met all our expectations. Although we didn't opt for the degustation and decided on al a carte we certainly didn't miss out on tasting the best the restaurant had to offer. The freshness of the food shone through in all the dishes we tried. My fish was succulent, cooked to perfection without being overly laden with sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Food EverfrancijbDined on 9/21/2014This was an amazing experience. The food was phenomenal and they really want the extra mile to make our 1st Anniversary Special--including specially printed menus. I can't recommend this place enough. No matter what you get, I am sure it will be some of the best food you have ever eaten. Period.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceTFranklinDined on 9/19/2014The food, service and wine parings were exceptional. One of the best dining experiences I have had in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Treat!AmiconVIPDined on 9/17/2014My husband and I went to North Pond last night for our anniversary. The whole meal start to finish was superb! The staff was very attentive and knowledgeable. I got the Corn & Smelt Soup, Tomato Salad, and Salmon Entree. All were perfectly prepared and so unique!! All the food is locally sourced and you can tell that the chef puts a lot of TLC into each plate. Menu is changed seasonally. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Geo Furmangeo3dineDined on 9/14/2014It was an early afternoon brunch with sun shinning through the Frank Loyd Wright windows The food was delightful, atmosphere was as well. The food was excellent with a very nice plating for each course. I cannot wait to go back for dinner.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014A group of 6 of us, on vacation, went to the North Pond for Sunday brunch. It was superb! Every meal ordered was perfect. The flavors were great. Portion size was exactly right. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for great food that might not be exactly what you're used to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Love This RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014My partner and I decided at the last minute to fly to Chicago for our 29th anniversary and had fond memories of eating at North Pond awhile back. The first time we went there was a rain storm travelling to the restaurant with tree limbs on the streets and a torrential downpour upon arriving at the pathway to the restaurant.........needless to say we were drenched after walking the pathway to the restaurant............but still it was a wonderful experience. This past Saturday was perfect..........cool, crisp, clear night............great table, fantastic food and server........it was perfect. I highly recommend this restaurant not only for a special occasion but anytime you are in Chicago..............Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Best restaurant in Chicago for a special occasion!Special Features:
- North Pond excelsDJSWashDCDined on 9/11/2014The tasting menu was superb with one course exceeding the next EXCEPT for the main course of meat which paled compared to the others. The dishes on the tasting menu are very complex with novel combinations which are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.