2610 North Cannon Drive
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.northpondrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7734775845x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 1:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Bruce Sherman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: North Pond provides one of the most distinctive settings in the city for private social and business events. Our Lincoln Park location offers stunning views of Chicago’s dramatic skyline. We offer an inclusive evening for your special occasion, complete with a seasonal four-course dinner
- Private Party Contact: Natalie Labun 7734775845x
- Cross Street: Lakeview & Deming
- Public Transit: CTA 151, 156 (Wrightwood), 22 (Clark & Deming)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Due to construction blocking our Lakeview & Deming Valet area, we have temporarily relocated our Valet and Taxi drop off locations:
Valet Parking - $10 per vehicle. Drop-off is at the Gazebo on Stockton Drive, on the West side of the park.
The best taxi drop-off is at 2610 North Cannon, on the West side of the street. A North Pond Sign marks the spot where a taxi can enter. From there, the restaurant is a short walk into the park.
A word from North Pond
Located within Lincoln Park, at the edge of a pond overlooking Chicago's dramatic skyline, North Pond can easily claim the city's loveliest setting. Inspired by the market, Chef Bruce Sherman utilizes exceptional ingredients at the height of their season. His cuisine reflects the Arts & Crafts decor of the dining room - complex layers of subtle craft beneath a simple decorative style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
North Pond - Best Restaurants in Lincoln Park ›
North Pond reviews from OpenTable diners
246 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (205)scenic view (193)romantic (175)fit for foodies (167)neighborhood gem (96)notable wine list (79)great for brunch (46)great for outdoor dining (31)hot spot (14)good for groups (13)great for lunch (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Outstanding!LestatDined on 9/28/2014Went to North Pond for brunch to celebrate a special family occasion. It was the perfect place to do so and the food was wonderful. The view is the best in the city of Chicago, the food and service were outstanding.Special Features:
- Romantic night with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/25/2014Great for a romantic night out with fabulous food and service. See the beautiful skyline and water without the hassles of downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and exciting cooking.2sydney2Dined on 9/24/2014The food the ambience and service met all our expectations. Although we didn't opt for the degustation and decided on al a carte we certainly didn't miss out on tasting the best the restaurant had to offer. The freshness of the food shone through in all the dishes we tried. My fish was succulent, cooked to perfection without being overly laden with sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Food EverfrancijbDined on 9/21/2014This was an amazing experience. The food was phenomenal and they really want the extra mile to make our 1st Anniversary Special--including specially printed menus. I can't recommend this place enough. No matter what you get, I am sure it will be some of the best food you have ever eaten. Period.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceTFranklinDined on 9/19/2014The food, service and wine parings were exceptional. One of the best dining experiences I have had in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Treat!AmiconVIPDined on 9/17/2014My husband and I went to North Pond last night for our anniversary. The whole meal start to finish was superb! The staff was very attentive and knowledgeable. I got the Corn & Smelt Soup, Tomato Salad, and Salmon Entree. All were perfectly prepared and so unique!! All the food is locally sourced and you can tell that the chef puts a lot of TLC into each plate. Menu is changed seasonally. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Geo Furmangeo3dineDined on 9/14/2014It was an early afternoon brunch with sun shinning through the Frank Loyd Wright windows The food was delightful, atmosphere was as well. The food was excellent with a very nice plating for each course. I cannot wait to go back for dinner.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014A group of 6 of us, on vacation, went to the North Pond for Sunday brunch. It was superb! Every meal ordered was perfect. The flavors were great. Portion size was exactly right. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for great food that might not be exactly what you're used to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Love This RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014My partner and I decided at the last minute to fly to Chicago for our 29th anniversary and had fond memories of eating at North Pond awhile back. The first time we went there was a rain storm travelling to the restaurant with tree limbs on the streets and a torrential downpour upon arriving at the pathway to the restaurant.........needless to say we were drenched after walking the pathway to the restaurant............but still it was a wonderful experience. This past Saturday was perfect..........cool, crisp, clear night............great table, fantastic food and server........it was perfect. I highly recommend this restaurant not only for a special occasion but anytime you are in Chicago..............Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Best restaurant in Chicago for a special occasion!Special Features:
- North Pond excelsDJSWashDCDined on 9/11/2014The tasting menu was superb with one course exceeding the next EXCEPT for the main course of meat which paled compared to the others. The dishes on the tasting menu are very complex with novel combinations which are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For CelebrationsKathyDined on 9/10/2014Mention the occasion and they put that on the top of the menu -- fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular nightEffanelleDined on 9/7/2014Special birthday and made to feel VERY special. Delicious food and wonderful to experience local seasonal fare. Will definite return when next in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Went here for brunch. It was nothing special. Each dish used way too many ingredients so that you could not appreciate what may have special, e.g. the flat iron steak, the blueberry cornbread. Also, other than the feature ingredient each and every "side" was, frankly, bad. I understand that it is fine dining, but the chef needs to take a lesson in simplicity. The main course could just have been more steak, and a simple potato (the rice was terrible) and the desert should have been a larger piece of blueberry cornbread without, the candied pecans, caramel popcorn, etc. NOT! worth $100 (with only coffee to drink) for two people with tax and tip included.
- Fabulous brunch!LiveToEatVIPDined on 9/7/2014What a beautiful setting for a very special restaurant. The food is a treat for the senses; the presentation is colorful and inticing, and the flavors are a reflection of what is fresh in the market. The combination of flavors are perfectly balanced! This was a fabulous 'last taste of Chicago' as we headed home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy every visit.chitowndinerDined on 9/4/2014We can always count on North Pond for a great food experience but the warm night which allowed for all the doors to be open was spectacular. The sun sets on the lagoon with the city backdrop as the Chef's tasting begins. Be sure to ask for the front/window room. A unique building in an almost hidden location. Amazing fresh ingredients well prepared in a romantic, peaceful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazing!!ChicagoLanceVIPDined on 9/4/2014After our experience at North Pond this week, I have a new favorite restaurant to recommend to friends or colleagues looking for a great place to dine while in Chicago. Approaching North Pond, it reminds you of Tavern on the Green - settled deep into Lincoln Park, away from the busy streets and overlooking a large pond with the city in the background. We experienced the tasting menu - every single bite was mouth-watering!! The fois gras was our favorite but that isn't to say that the beef wasn't fall off the fork delicious! Our service was top-notch and with every wine pairing she shared stories with why the wine was one of her favorites. If you go - spend the extra to get the tasting menu and wine pairings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best spot for special occasionKmgchicagoVIPDined on 9/4/2014We had dinner here for our anniversary and it felt really special. The menu was personalized with the a happy anniversary message as was the dessert plate. We sat near the windows in the outdoor area and it was beautiful on a warm summer night. Absolutely outstanding service. Food was impressive. Prices are little high but worth it for what you get. Highly recommended on a regular night (not Mother's Day).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placeterrylightVIPDined on 9/4/2014It is always a pleasure to dine at North Pond Cafe. Dinner was delicious, comfortably paced and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- Excellence all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014From the ambiance, to the service to the delicious food. This was a fantastic dining experience all around. The seasonal tasting menu took the best of what's available today and made for a memorable dining experience. The server was knowledgeable, friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Memory made Magical!ElizabethDined on 9/2/2014I am so thankful to the North Pond for taking every measure to make my birthday a special one. I made the reservation ahead of time on Open Table, explained that I used to live in the neighborhood, and now live in NYC, I'm bringing my husband here for the first time on my 35th birthday. I requested a pond view table and they did not disappoint. We were seated immediately at a prime spot overlooking the pond and Lincoln Park. They also took the time to add a couple personalized touches throughout the evening. I don't want to spoil the surprises for other birthday-goers, but let's just say the North Pond team will make every effort to put magic into your special occasion. Thank you again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasy Dining Come to Life!razzledazzleDined on 9/2/2014I cannot think of enough good things to say about this restaurant!! Service was possibly the best we have ever experinced. Our server, Charmioano, was so warm and welcoming. She was incredibly attentive but not at all intrusive. I always appreciate when the wait staff shows such enthusiasm with the menu, and this one, which draws inspiration from local market, truly inspires excitement. The watermelon gin cocktail was delightfully refreshing and each dish was prepared with inventive combinations of flavors and textures and presented beautifully. We would definitely make an effort to return next time we visit Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, butOenophile66VIPDined on 8/31/2014The setting and arts and crafts decor is stunning, but the food at brunch was disappointing. While it was nice to have a custom printed menu congratulating us on our anniversary, we were shocked to see it printed on the back of a similar custom menu for another couple previously. As a party of 4 we were able to try all 4 options for all 3 courses. Of these, only a few were very good (odd for a Michelin 1-star), and at least 1 (the tuna dish) was dry, overcooked and nearly inedible. Food was precious, over-engineered and under-portioned. An August heirloom tomato dish should have more than a few tablespoons of tomatoes. Only the desserts excelled. Come for the view but not so much for the food.Special Features:
- Fave place to Ooh and Ahh over foodCadeDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I brought my parents here to enjoy a summer evening meal. We were seated in the middle of the room that faces the North Pond to enjoy the open windows and perfect evening ambiance. We started with drinks at the bar and moved into the restaurant. Each of us ordered salad dishes, main dishes, and desserts, which was way too much food - but so fun to share tastes. We all enjoyed the experience immensely! It was one of the highlights and most memorable adventures during their visit. Thanks!Special Features:
- always perfecthappypersonDined on 8/27/2014We love North Pond. It never lets us down. The other night was no exception. Beautiful view. Special food. Super service.Special Features:
- Perfect...!!!BigdogDined on 8/26/2014My wife and I are from Florida and this was our second time to North Pond. The venue, the food and the service are top shelf. Perfect in every way.Special Features:
- Mixed bagOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014This was a return visit for my wife and me and the first time for an out of town couple. The overall experience was great but I wish the food had been more flavorful and less quirky. Reading the descriptions and trying to figure out some parts of the menu did provide entertainment value, but I think the unusual combinations and ingredients may have detracted from rather than enhanced the meal. Still, everything we ordered was well prepared and the service was perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/24/2014Our dinner was fabulous. But we were stuck in the larger, back room even though I'd requested a table in the beautiful front room. I wish all of the seating areas were created equal at North Pond, but the back room is dark and claustrophobic (or some might say cozy - good for winter when a fire in the hearth is a bonus, but not good for August!) - no place to be stuck at 6:30 on a summer night. Even though they put us in front of an interior window looking into the beautiful front room, it was just not the same :(Special Features:
- GREAT SERVICE ... FOOD IS MEDIOCREKarecareDined on 8/24/2014We had reservations for a Sunday Brunch. The service was outstanding ... the food was mediocre. Although the location of the restaurant is wonderful and there were several open tables, they seated us behind a post and we were not able to take advantage of the pond and city views. The wood floors were buckled in several places and on the way to the restroom I tripped on one of the floor boards. I found out from the hostess that a few days prior the restaurant was under water from the major storm. Not sure if the city health department would have allowed them to remain open and I would have never eaten there had I known this prior to making the reservation.Special Features:
- Great, fresh food with a viewslefebDined on 8/24/2014We did brunch (3 course, prix fixe) at North Pond and it was great. Every course was new and different and everything was very fresh. You can't beat the view and the restaurant itself has really nice, Frand Lloyd Wright prairie style decor.Special Features:
- Highly Recommend!LauraVIPDined on 8/24/2014I live in DC but travel to Chicago at least once a year on a weekend and the first thing I do is book brunch at North Pond. It is a complete experience. My favorite tables are in the sunlit front area that faces the lagoon with views of the Chicago skyline. The menu is inspired and fun and the service has always been the absolute best. It is a place you'll want to linger and a meal you will not forget!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Pond wonderful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our furat visit here and we celebrated a 35th wedding anniversary. While not a fan of some if the close table settings, the food and staff service far outshines the table seatings. Highly recommend the seasonal tasting and wine pairing. Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice - good for older peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is beautiful, food is excellent and the acoustics are great if you are with older people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic dinnerluv2dineDined on 8/20/2014Absolutely fantastic service. Very friendly. Food is very flavorful and filling although the portions are small they won't leave you hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and sceneryOtisDined on 8/20/2014Great location and the food is outstanding. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sj4242Dined on 8/17/2014Fantastic service, beautiful and intimate setting. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative!DvandVIPDined on 8/12/2014Wonderfully creative menu with great food! And service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Incredible brunchfedericoVIPDined on 8/10/2014The brunch was awesome. Any combination of courses that you pick will definitely amaze you. We loved it. The waiters and maitre were impeccable in every way.Special Features:
- Just lovely.bruncherDined on 8/10/2014I took my husband here for brunch for his birthday. The service, the food, and the ambiance were all wonderful. We will be coming back for future special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best restaurant in ChicagoDanielDined on 8/9/2014The drinks were spectacular, the food was even better and the service was icing on the cake. Yes, its expensive. But please, save up for this very special experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.