2610 North Cannon Drive
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.northpondrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (773) 477-5845
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 1:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Bruce Sherman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: North Pond provides one of the most distinctive settings in the city for private social and business events. Our Lincoln Park location offers stunning views of Chicago’s dramatic skyline. We offer an inclusive evening for your special occasion, complete with a seasonal four-course dinner
- Private Party Contact: Natalie Labun 7734775845x
- Cross Street: Lakeview & Deming
- Public Transit: CTA 151, 156 (Wrightwood), 22 (Clark & Deming)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet and Taxi drop off location:
Valet Parking is $10 per vehicle. Drop-off is at the intersection of Lakeview and Deming, on the West side of the park. From there, the restaurant is a short walk into the park.
A word from North Pond
Located within Lincoln Park, at the edge of a pond overlooking Chicago's dramatic skyline, North Pond can easily claim the city's loveliest setting. Inspired by the market, Chef Bruce Sherman utilizes exceptional ingredients at the height of their season. His cuisine reflects the Arts & Crafts decor of the dining room - complex layers of subtle craft beneath a simple decorative style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
North Pond - Best Restaurants in Lincoln Park ›
North Pond reviews from OpenTable diners
232 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (184)fit for foodies (163)scenic view (161)romantic (145)neighborhood gem (99)notable wine list (76)great for brunch (47)great for outdoor dining (24)good for groups (17)hot spot (15)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- A lovely find in Lincoln ParkDiscerningdinerVIPDined on 11/22/2014Fabulous from start to finish! We eat at fine dining establishments pretty regularly, and this ranks among the best. Everything was unbelievably fresh, seasonal and inventive. It's definitely worthy of another visit at some point in the future. Can't wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great wine, great service, great venueOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2014North Pond has elegance in dining without pretense. Our party of four each had fish ...all different and all very flavorful and cooked to perfection!!! Our waiter was terrific..attentive without hovering. I asked him to select a dessert for me...awesome chipotle ice cream and tres leche cake...I wold go back for that alone!!
- the total experience was a night to rememberLexingtoniansDined on 11/20/2014the entire staff went out of their way to make this one of the finest dining experiences my wife and I have ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Anniversary DinnermjohndrowDined on 11/16/2014My wife and I were visiting Chicago for our first anniversary and were recommended North Pond as an excellent place to celebrate. When we arrived we were greeted with a complimentary glass of sparkling wine and an anniversary welcome. I was a little disappointed at first as I had requested a seat in the "front room" where you have a view of downtown, but we were seated a table in the backroom near the kitchen. However, after our first course, our wonderful server Nicholas, told us he had a table open up right at the front window if we would like to move, which we did and had the rest of our dinner with an incredible view. Nicholas was an excellent server with a deep knowledge of the menu and an ease in which he explained the dishes and made recommendations, not to mention quite personal and very aware of our special evening. As for the special anniversary touches, our menu was personalized for us with our names and 1st anniversary congratulations printed in the title, we received a complimentary round of sparkling wine, a special appetizer/welcome "tasting" from the chef, a special dessert with our names and 1st anniversary written in chocolate around the edge of the dessert plate and a very warm treatment from the entire staff from hostess, to server to bussers, to the valet for our cab at the end of the evening. And this is all without giving recognition to the outstanding food we enjoyed. The dishes we tried were amazing. The menu descriptions were quite complex to read (meaning - how will they get all of these into this dish?). Every dish we tried somehow pulled it off, with great success. We had the Carrot, Crab and Egg. Pork for our first courses, the Bison, Grape salad (which was by far my favorite - who knew grapes would compliment carpaccio and blue cheese so well?!? Excellent!) and we both had the Grassfed Beef, Mushroom mains (Koren-style short-rib along with the rib-eye medallion and mushrooms, yum) and finished with Peanut, Caramel. Delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!amancDined on 11/16/2014Thank you so much to the entire North Pond team for a fantastic dining experience. From the fabulous, friendly and knowledgeable bar-tender, to the kind and accommodating hostess team, to the extremely well informed wait staff and of course, the exceedingly talented kitchen crew and bus boy - everyone was incredible and helped make for a truly magical and unforgettable brunch with family. We really appreciate the thought and attention to detail that has gone into the North Pond Restaurant. The choice, execution and presentation of the food, the wine-list, the décor, the amazing staff - it is all in all an outstanding restaurant and we cannot wait to return. Thank you all so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Pond BrunchJohnjohnDined on 11/16/2014I enjoyed North Pond's location in the middle of Lincoln Park. It was great to walk around the pond after brunch. The prefixed brunch menu was also convenient and all of the choices sounded delicious. Between my girlfriend and I, we tried half the brunch menu and it was all quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive yet Authentic.CJinChicagoVIPDined on 11/15/2014From the duck, the grass-fed beef, to the seafood options, every dish, every choice was a stand-out. We went with well-heeled folks from the suburbs who knew their wines, and they left gushing about the food, the service, the wine, the incredible atmosphere. So authentic everywhere, not pent-up or overly posh -- just genuinely wonderful food with genuinely good service. Chicago needs more restaurants like this -- not trying too hard, not weird, not glam, just an experience that was sincere, solid and supremely satisfying. The food is just the beginning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment on the PondCARTBRIDGEVIPDined on 11/12/2014It's too bad. The exceptional food and decor were tempered by below average and somewhat unprofessional service. Not the experience I had expected from a restaurant with so many good reviews. I suggest they consider an upgrade or retraining of their servers and front desk team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingAF13VIPDined on 11/8/2014We were excited to experience North Pond. The menu online looked great and the location is really nice. The staff was nice, but really pushy to order all items at once. We wanted to start with a shared dish and then see what we wanted from that point on. The "greetings" from the kitchen was a nice touch...but it had obviously been prepared hours in advance. The two shared plates to start were also obviously prepared in advance. That was a bit of a turn-off. We did enjoy the arugula and Foie gras.Special Features:
- North Pond Seasonal BlissHeggyMJDined on 11/7/2014Fantastic night! Made a late night reservation for a special occasion and wasn't disappointed. I used to run by the location everyday on my daily run and was always intrigued by the allure of this location for a restaurant. The beautiful scenic location in Lincoln Park is only surpassed by the interior ambiance and diligently prepared food. The Fall seasonal menu did what any great menu should do. It takes you on a ride that brings smells, tastes, and visions of nostalgia right in front of you while gracefully introducing you to new flavors brilliantly arranged. A solid A and very deserving of its Michelin status.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFrenchBabyVIPDined on 11/7/2014Despite mixed reviews, we decided to try North Pond on a recent visit to Chicago. The setting is beautiful and the building itself is quite charming. Overall though I would not recommend North Pond for the price point. The good: Setting and Service. Our server was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. The bad: food and drink selection. I had seen a pork chop on an on-line menu and was looking forward to trying. Unfortunately it was not on the menu the day we went, so my wife and I both had fish dishes that we found to be bland and uninspiring. For bourbon lovers, this is definitely not the place to go as their selection is virtually nonexistent. Maybe we caught them on an off night, but we won't be returning to find outSpecial Features:
- Perfect for that Special SomeoneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2014I could not have been more pleased with my experience at North Pond. The food, the atmosphere, the staff...just perfect all around.Special Features:
- Nice Anniversary CelebrationGajetmanDined on 11/5/2014The North Pond is a cozy and wonderful restaurant. The Chef is fantastic and makes very excellent offerings to choose from. Using local and seasonal foods, I don't think anything on the menu is bad. Great wine list and super fine service. We just celebrated our wedding anniversary there and were treated like royalty. It's very unlikely you will be disappointed with anything at The North Pond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed returning after many years.rhb111Dined on 11/2/2014Out of town friends loved the place as did I. Perfect place for discriminating out of town friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousfinedinerDined on 11/2/2014We sat in the front room - my favorite. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visit for ambiance and viewTomHBDined on 11/2/2014We attended Sunday brunch. The food was good but not exceptional. The beef was undercooked and there was almost no chocolate in the chocolate dessert. The vegetarian entree was good but was all vegetables and no protein. The service was excellent, however, and the view and decor are as nice as anything in Chicago. It was fun to watch the people, kids, and dogs enjoying the pathway around the lake.Special Features:
- Not up to parOf10diningoutDined on 11/1/2014This was my second visit to North Pond. My first visit rated 5 stars all around--great waiter, great food, wonderful ambiance. This visit was just so-so. Our waitress did not seem to know the menu well, which makes a visit to this organic/local restaurant a bit challenging to appreciate. We had one vegetarian in our group, and while there was nothing expressly vegetarian on the menu, the chef gamely put together a group of ingredients that turned out fine. Except--we didn't know what was on the plate and no one came around to explain it. And, our food was not hot. An off night for this very pricey restaurant.Special Features:
- awesomeRiverNorthFoodJunkieVIPDined on 11/1/2014This is truly one of the best dining experiences in Chicago. Absolutely loved itSpecial Features:
- Always OutstandingScottVIPDined on 11/1/2014Dined many times and never been anything but elated. Compares favorably to any fine dining restaurant in Chicago.Special Features:
- Awesome food Avg ServiceDwpLjpVIPDined on 11/1/2014Incredible and unique gourmet food. Server did not know the dishes (couldn't answer questions), and said that their Pinot Noir by the glass wasn't available, without offering to serve a glass from one of the 10 bottled Pinot's on the menu, and without making any other suggestions for a lighter red wine for my wife. A Captain later cleared up his error and brought the Pinot that was on the menu, it had been available all along.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Awesome location and incredible food. Really enjoyed a nice date at North Pond with my girlfriend. The wait staff was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in LPark, needs work on serviceChiGirlDined on 10/26/2014I have supported Bruce Sherman & North Pond for many years. While the bartender was very engaging and vibrant, by contrast, our server was polite, but not very customer-service oriented. She did not introduce herself nor did she smile the whole time. She seemed eager to end her shift and for our table to wrap up our brunch. The hostess was also not friendly and declared that we would need our whole party present before being seated. This should be stated somewhere on their website or mentioned in their confirmation call the day before. My brother was parking the car and we were hoping to be seated with drinks and coffee, but were told to wait in the bar. The food, as always, was delicious and a wonderful presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland cake & tough beefToughVealCannedVegetablesVIPDined on 10/26/2014I have had three excellent meals at NP. All for dinner. This was brunch. I won't go again. The amuse bouche foreshadowed the rest of brunch. It was a crudely simple apple coffee cake, with all the complexity and lack of flavor of the Stouffer's store bought version. The beef for the main course was insulting. If you're going to serve a naturally tough (but flavorful and potentially excellent) cut like petite shoulder tender (aka terrus major), marinate it, tenderize it using a machine, slice it very thin across the grain...anything that allows me to avoid sitting across from my date chewing on this thing like a piece of cow cud, until it finally relents and allows me to swallow it. On the bright side, the coffee was excellent. Steve
- outstanding foodcecchicagoVIPDined on 10/24/2014THis restaurant deserves its one-star Michelin! Our waitress was very caring, made sure we were comfortable, as well as the Restaurant manager. We each picked different main courses and dessert, and everything was delicious. we even had extra "pâtes de fruit".Special Features:
- Excellent tasting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014We went to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday and he said it was the best meal he's ever had! The tasting menu was delicious (with two extra, compliments of the chef courses) and the wine pairing were great also.Special Features:
- Enjoyable but way overpricedChar47Dined on 10/24/2014Lovely room; view of Lincoln Park is wonderful and it is an easy place to have a conversation. Food was good but not awesome. Almost felt like the restaurant was striving to hard to be "unique" and to have lots of different flavors on the plate. Everything was interesting; nothing was outstanding. Brought my wife here for her 65th birthday at her request, but for the money next time we will go to Vie in Western Springs - also expensive but much better quality. Wait staff was attentive, but almost intrusive. The best wait staff seem to pay attention to what you are doing and time their interruptions; at North Pond, there were loads of people attending to us, but i felt interrupted every few minutes.Special Features:
- OutstandingZimgalVIPDined on 10/22/2014Bruce continues to be so innovative and at the same time to produce such TASTY food. He is amazing. The plating is beautiful but in the end it's the taste that surpasses everything else. North Pond is the bestSpecial Features:
- Beautiful & fantastic foodFallgalDined on 10/19/2014North Pond is one of the most beautiful restaurants in Chicago and its location adds to the charm. The food and service are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulHodgie2Dined on 10/19/2014I have you eaten in a lot of places. This was one of the best meals I've ever had. It was a Sunday brunch. The flavors were wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsBillVIPDined on 10/19/2014We live an hour outside the city, but drove in just for brunch Sunday. The pace is slow, and the service matches the food, outstanding.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerPlikuhnkDined on 10/18/2014The only thing I could complain about was that the music was a bit too loud at one point to converse with the rest of my table. Otherwise, everything was perfect. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Star of chicagoEnjoyGoodFoodDined on 10/17/2014We didn't know what to expect when we made reservations for North Pond but were very pleased with our experience. The restaurant has a very warm ambiance with arts and crafts styling. The mood is relaxed and welcoming, set by a gracious staff. The food was a wonderful blend of distinct flavors fused in a complementary harmony. The food was presented in an artistic and elegant manner. The waitstaff were cordial helpful and accommodating. North Pond offers one of the nicest dining experiences we have experienced anywhere in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Evening at North PondFurndogDined on 10/12/2014We celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary with another couple celebrating their 7 year wedding anniversary over this past weekend at North Pond. The service, food, ambiance, etc. was nothing short of amazing. The host printed Happy Anniversary menus for us to bring with us, had Happy Anniversary scripted on the desert item, etc. What a magical evening and we will forever remember this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodie ExperienceGandLfromTXDined on 10/10/2014Located off the street in Lincoln Park, the view of North Pond and the Chicago skyline make for a great romantic foodie dinner. The service was a little slow, but we were in no hurry. We had the Smoke Brined Pork Loin and the Chilean Sea Bass- both were prepared and presented very creatively, and were wonderfully delicious.Special Features:
- SuperbTburgessDined on 10/9/2014Celebrated a special occosion, and I loved the special touches that North Pond added. Amazing setting, beautiful restaurant with outstanding food and service; it was a great choice. Loved the seasonal menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDisappointedDined on 10/9/2014First time at North Pond. Can't wait to go there again and especially in the summer when we can sit outside and enjoy the view. Good service, good, food, a high price but worth it.Special Features:
- menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014The menu is very limited. My wife had difficulty finding something she wished to order.Special Features:
- Nice but noisy guests ruined moodddownDined on 10/8/2014My wife and I went to North Pond for a wedding anniversary dinner. The staff was very friendly and the general ambiance of the restaurant was nice. The staff personalized our menu and a dessert course, which we thought was very thoughtful. However, a loud and obnoxious table beside us ruined the mood for everyone else. Although the customers were causing the noise, the restaurant is ultimately responsible for every guest's dining experience. As such, they should have kindly asked the loud table to keep the noise down. This table was so loud that it ruined the romantic mood. The restaurant staff, otherwise perfectly friendly and professional, failed to take action. Also, we found it strange that 3-4 different people served us food.Special Features:
- NbbmVIPDined on 10/5/2014Extremely slow service food is nothing special they spend to much time in the presentation portions are to small
- Best Meal I've Had In ChicagoMighelDined on 10/5/2014Delicious, inventive creations, perfectly sized portions, tremendously attentive wait staff. From the time we sat down, we felt the attention to detail from top to bottom, and it was reflected in the 4 courses that we had for dinner. Fresh, local ingredients combined in unexpected, yet approachable ways. Definitely recommended, and we plan to go back every anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.