2610 North Cannon Drive
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.northpondrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7734775845x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 1:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Bruce Sherman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: North Pond provides one of the most distinctive settings in the city for private social and business events. Our Lincoln Park location offers stunning views of Chicago’s dramatic skyline. We offer an inclusive evening for your special occasion, complete with a seasonal four-course dinner
- Private Party Contact: Natalie Labun 7734775845x
- Cross Street: Lakeview & Deming
- Public Transit: CTA 151, 156 (Wrightwood), 22 (Clark & Deming)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Due to construction blocking our Lakeview & Deming Valet area, we have temporarily relocated our Valet and Taxi drop off locations:
Valet Parking - $10 per vehicle. Drop-off is at the Gazebo on Stockton Drive, on the West side of the park.
The best taxi drop-off is at 2610 North Cannon, on the West side of the street. A North Pond Sign marks the spot where a taxi can enter. From there, the restaurant is a short walk into the park.
A word from North Pond
Located within Lincoln Park, at the edge of a pond overlooking Chicago's dramatic skyline, North Pond can easily claim the city's loveliest setting. Inspired by the market, Chef Bruce Sherman utilizes exceptional ingredients at the height of their season. His cuisine reflects the Arts & Crafts decor of the dining room - complex layers of subtle craft beneath a simple decorative style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
North Pond - Best Restaurants in Lincoln Park ›
North Pond reviews from OpenTable diners
246 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (201)scenic view (197)romantic (167)fit for foodies (163)neighborhood gem (94)notable wine list (74)great for brunch (50)great for outdoor dining (32)good for groups (12)great for lunch (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Beautiful, butOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014The setting and arts and crafts decor is stunning, but the food at brunch was disappointing. While it was nice to have a custom printed menu congratulating us on our anniversary, we were shocked to see it printed on the back of a similar custom menu for another couple previously. As a party of 4 we were able to try all 4 options for all 3 courses. Of these, only a few were very good (odd for a Michelin 1-star), and at least 1 (the tuna dish) was dry, overcooked and nearly inedible. Food was precious, over-engineered and under-portioned. An August heirloom tomato dish should have more than a few tablespoons of tomatoes. Only the desserts excelled. Come for the view but not so much for the food.Special Features:
- always perfecthappypersonDined on 8/27/2014We love North Pond. It never lets us down. The other night was no exception. Beautiful view. Special food. Super service.Special Features:
- Perfect...!!!BigdogDined on 8/26/2014My wife and I are from Florida and this was our second time to North Pond. The venue, the food and the service are top shelf. Perfect in every way.Special Features:
- Mixed bagOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014This was a return visit for my wife and me and the first time for an out of town couple. The overall experience was great but I wish the food had been more flavorful and less quirky. Reading the descriptions and trying to figure out some parts of the menu did provide entertainment value, but I think the unusual combinations and ingredients may have detracted from rather than enhanced the meal. Still, everything we ordered was well prepared and the service was perfect.Special Features:
- GREAT SERVICE ... FOOD IS MEDIOCREKarecareDined on 8/24/2014We had reservations for a Sunday Brunch. The service was outstanding ... the food was mediocre. Although the location of the restaurant is wonderful and there were several open tables, they seated us behind a post and we were not able to take advantage of the pond and city views. The wood floors were buckled in several places and on the way to the restroom I tripped on one of the floor boards. I found out from the hostess that a few days prior the restaurant was under water from the major storm. Not sure if the city health department would have allowed them to remain open and I would have never eaten there had I known this prior to making the reservation.Special Features:
- Great, fresh food with a viewslefebDined on 8/24/2014We did brunch (3 course, prix fixe) at North Pond and it was great. Every course was new and different and everything was very fresh. You can't beat the view and the restaurant itself has really nice, Frand Lloyd Wright prairie style decor.Special Features:
- Highly Recommend!LauraVIPDined on 8/24/2014I live in DC but travel to Chicago at least once a year on a weekend and the first thing I do is book brunch at North Pond. It is a complete experience. My favorite tables are in the sunlit front area that faces the lagoon with views of the Chicago skyline. The menu is inspired and fun and the service has always been the absolute best. It is a place you'll want to linger and a meal you will not forget!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Pond wonderful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our furat visit here and we celebrated a 35th wedding anniversary. While not a fan of some if the close table settings, the food and staff service far outshines the table seatings. Highly recommend the seasonal tasting and wine pairing. Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice - good for older peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is beautiful, food is excellent and the acoustics are great if you are with older people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic dinnerluv2dineDined on 8/20/2014Absolutely fantastic service. Very friendly. Food is very flavorful and filling although the portions are small they won't leave you hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and sceneryOtisDined on 8/20/2014Great location and the food is outstanding. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sj4242Dined on 8/17/2014Fantastic service, beautiful and intimate setting. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative!DvandVIPDined on 8/12/2014Wonderfully creative menu with great food! And service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Incredible brunchfedericoVIPDined on 8/10/2014The brunch was awesome. Any combination of courses that you pick will definitely amaze you. We loved it. The waiters and maitre were impeccable in every way.Special Features:
- Just lovely.bruncherDined on 8/10/2014I took my husband here for brunch for his birthday. The service, the food, and the ambiance were all wonderful. We will be coming back for future special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best restaurant in ChicagoDanielDined on 8/9/2014The drinks were spectacular, the food was even better and the service was icing on the cake. Yes, its expensive. But please, save up for this very special experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and safeProfessorDined on 8/6/2014We took our out of town daughter. This restaurant is a bit far off the beaten path -- but cab from downtown about $10. Seating seems a bit arbitrary. We had reserved in advance, but were given a seat in a high traffic area of restaurant, far away from the "pond". Guess you have to ask ahead of time to be seated in nicer part of restaurant. Food was nice -- but not memorable. Seemed very safe choices. Fancy names, nice menu, bland food.Special Features:
- perfect.elfyDined on 8/6/2014Took my wife here for her birthday dinner. Everything was exceptional. The table we reserved was ready and waiting for us right as we arrived. Dinner is drawn out over the courses so if you go plan to be there for a nice long evening but know that every second will be full of simply amazing food.Special Features:
- Oh my stars!K3kidVIPDined on 8/2/2014North Pond well deserves even more Michelin stars, but certainly is a standout restaurant in a city with many great menus and chefs. North Pond is my favorite "go to" restaurant for any special occasion and I have celebrated birthdays, anniversaries, celebrations of achievements, and even appreciation to people who have worked for me there. The Chef's Tasting menu with wine pairings is always a special treat but the whole table needs to participate. Chef Bruce Sherman's (James Beard awardee) extra tastings among the already succulent feast are fabulous and add to the festivity. I love North Pond and make it a point to take special guests there. Can't wait for the next visit.Special Features:
- Special dinnerValerieDined on 7/31/2014Our dinner at North Pond was fabulous! We'd been for brunch years ago but wanted to try it again since it received a Michelin star this year. We had the prix fixe menu, and the food was sensational! Our server was very knowledgeable and attentive. We were in the room overlooking the pond, and the view was gorgeous. Windows and doors were open, as the weather was perfect, which helped to make our experience even better. What a wonderful night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I forgot how great the food is!Satiated64VIPDined on 7/30/2014I chose North Pond for a birthday dinner with friends and selected it because of its beautiful setting on the pond with the fabulous view of our skyline. I hadn't been there in several years, and had forgotten how inventive, and complex the food selections are. The appetizers/salads were excellent -- we had the tomato salad, the octopus and figs and the beet salad -- each of us raved about them. For dinner we had salmon, bass, pork, and again each of us raved throughout the meal. The sauces are so fresh and piquant -- the vegetables are cooked perfectly with a sweetness and a snap to them. The only disappointment was the desserts -- we were looking for yummy birthday treats, and the selections were a little too sophisticated for our taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly splendid dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014We had such a lovely evening at North Pond Cafe celebrating a very special occasion. Absolutely everything was wonderful--incredible dining experience, the finest of gracious service and a lovely, quiet scenic setting.Special Features:
- Great Use of Seasonal FoodsJonDDined on 7/29/2014Every bite was delicious. Lots of sharing. Wonderful walk through the park on a summer night.Special Features:
- Superb in all respectsVinnyDined on 7/25/2014We were a party of 4 and we all ordered the tasting menu with wine pairing. There were several unfamiliar items on the tasting menu that I would have never tried. All were spectacular. The server told us about each wine and explained how the wine complements the course just served. She was willing to hold that wine if we wanted more or to substitute if we wanted it. In my view north pond cafe is amongst the very best in Chicago just in terms of food. The location in the park overlooking the pond and downtown makes it unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014Another lovely meal at North Pond. The space is lovely and the food is excellent. We asked for a different seat due to my shellfish allergy and they were happy to oblige. We probably had the best seat in the house. The wine list was fantastic as was the food. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/24/2014Getting reservations on Open Table seemed impossible. I watch the calendar and jumped as soon as I could make one. I think just calling ahead would have accomplished the same outcome. On a Thursday evening, the restaurant was quiet and under subscribed. So I kept wondering why it was so difficult to get a reservation? Coming from DC I didn't want to miss my chance to dine there, so I kept up with their reservation system. That said, The food was both interesting and delightful in its presentation. The ambience was warm, inviting, and cozy. Our server was attentive and helpful. It must be hit or miss when you can't get a reservation. I would recommend the effort to secure one - it was a foodie experience.Special Features:
- Ok - great if your a foodieLisaLuDined on 7/24/2014I thought food was lacking. Too fancy to the point of tasteless. Thought my halibut tasted like feet. However to be fair, my husband loved it. Lesson - if you have a simpler palette and are not into the new age put every spice on the dish - this is not the place for you.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/23/2014North Pond is the one restaurant we go back to time and again. As much as we enjoy trying the new "hotspots", North Pond offers consistently great food, wonderful service in arguably the loveliest atmosphere of any place in Chicago. The menu changes seasonally, but for me, whatever chef Sherman does with beets is a "must try."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableOldFoodieVIPDined on 7/23/2014We took a friend from out-of-town. Every dish was excellent; and plated perfectly. Unusual mixtures of ingredients that worked and tasted wonderful together. Setting and building always enjoyable. Desserts more unusual than great--but still fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected treasureTokimaDined on 7/22/2014We selected this restaurant for our vacation start. The staff was very accommodating to our possible delay in arrival and dinner was a treat. We will return. Menu was well balanced in flavor and lovely presentation. Much attention given to local availability and seasonal foods.Special Features:
- Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/22/2014Our dining experience at North Pond was exceptional. We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary and were not disappointed. The service was very good from the host to the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VioletPurpleDined on 7/20/2014It was amazing! We did the tasting menu and the service was great!Special Features:
- Great Lincoln Park GemJShaggVIPDined on 7/20/2014All the ratings and accolades for North Pond are accurate and well deserved. The staff are extremely knowledgable and well versed in both the menu and wine list. Just an amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Restaurant in Recent MemorySus77Dined on 7/20/2014I made reservations well in advance, requesting a table by the window so we had the view. First, no table outside. No table by the window. We were relegated to a booth by the bathrooms. Secondly, our server didn't appear for 15 minutes. Another server took took our drink order, which then took another 15 minutes to get. A bottle of wine was part of that order, but they advised that that selection was unavailable...try again. Our server surfaced about now to advise that she was quite busy with a 94th birthday party. And then there was the food. Fish preparation was described as cool center. We specifically ordered to be cooked medium, with a warm center. Neither fish came as ordered. Only good thing here is the architecture and the view.
- Romantic? By what definition?mblewittVIPDined on 7/19/2014Booked based on reputation as "most romantic". Where? Perhaps a few tables in side/front room, but dining room where we sat was not. Main dining room actually very noisy and far from romantic. They had run out of 2 of the fish dishes on menu. Food and service was very good, but compared to reputation, overall somewhat disappointing. PS Could have done without the drama around bartenders injured ankle. Sorry for her, but didn't need this a part of my romantic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Pond - A Chicago GemPoppyseedDined on 7/19/2014North Pond is one of Chicago's loveliest restaurants with an exquisite picturesque view of a beautiful pond situated at the north end of Lincoln park. The food is simply superb and highly creative, and the service is friendly and attentive. Just about everything at this restaurant is perfection. I cannot think of a more ideal place to bring out-of-town guests, which is what we did last Saturday night. They fell in love with North Pond just as my wife and I did several years ago.Special Features:
- 3rd anniversary dinnernaviDined on 7/19/2014This will be our 3rd time dining with North Pond for our anniversary. Every time we are at this restaurant we are treated wonderfully, the food is an experience and we have a romantic sweet dinner. We have made it a tradition in our home to dine with them, they even personalized the menu for us. We realized before we left that we had accidentally left it there, and they said that it is not a problem and that they would send us another copy via mail. We were really happy to hear that since we keep the menus each year :) I would recommend this restaurant for any special occasion, the tables next to us were celebrating birthdays.Special Features:
- Outstanding findNielsDined on 7/18/2014I am not sure how long North Pond has been around, we just found this gem in Lincoln Park, nestled in the woods on North Pond lies this charming Franlk Lloyd Wright style restaurant. We were seated in the sun room, windows open with a view of the pond. The food was very unexpected, incredible combinations of flavors, my appetizer was a mushroom sautee with a duck egg and carrot foam dome with mushroom broth drizzeled over it all at the table. My wife had the Halibut which as she said was the best she ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion ParadisejpmcdDined on 7/17/2014WE eat out a lot here in Chicago and have been to some of the very best the city has to offer...but when it comes to that special occasion (9th Anniversary)...there is only one choice for us to guarantee a great evening and great food...The North Pond. Quality, diversity, flavors and new fun things to try is all there. Intimate bar for the cocktail and then let the experience begin.Special Features:
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/17/2014I took my mom when she visited in town. We didn't know what to expect and it's definitely a more romantic type place, not exactly mother-daughter-grabbing-a-bite. However, we had a GREAT time! The food was some of the best we've ever had, the food was incredible and the atmosphere was warm and inviting. Excellent restaurant!Special Features: