North India Restaurant
123 2nd Street
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
North India Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://northindiasf.com/
- Phone: 4153481234
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from North India Restaurant
A new Indian Restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
North India Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (6)good for groups (2)fit for foodies (1)kid-friendly (1)neighborhood gem (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Good lunch spotfoodbabybayDined on 9/10/2014It's a buffet so it's fast and good for lunch. No waiting, unless there's a line of people ahead of you for the buffet. The ambiance is nice, although loud. They spend a lot of money on real roses for every table, daily. In the window tables by the front, they really need to hang up some window curtains or screens or something because the midday sun turns those tables into a rotisserie! It's way too hot to sit there, we had to ask to move. Some curtains would help. Other than that, a great little spot for decent Indian food at lunchtime downtown.Special Features:
- DisappointingRobertVIPDined on 6/24/2014Ate there the day it opened. Food was very good. Returned and was very dissatisfied. Tandoori prawns were overcooked to the point of disintegration. Not motivated to give them one more try. The place was empty at 8 in the evening which makes me think they've got real problems in the kitchen.
- The following 3 reviews are from the North India Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good food, unorganized serviceEastBayRoVIPDined on 6/15/2014Great, authentic Indian food. Nice lunch buffet. The service is a bit disorganized and rather slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chaotic ExperienceSnookeerVIPDined on 5/9/2014The whole experience was Chaotic and Disorganized. Upon arriving I informed them I had a Opentable Reservation. They immediately shoved my group in to the "Feed Line" (Buffet) and once we had our food we had to stand holding our food waiting for a table to open up. I again informed them we had a reservation. No one seemed to know what to do. So we waited until a table became available. They attempted to seat us right next to the door and right by the feed line. I complained and they reseated us slightly away from the line. The food was good and for that reason I may go back but they need to work a little different ESP if someone takes the time to make a reservation ahead of time to dine with them. Very poor serviceSpecial Features:
- Authentic Indian foodFoodieVIPDined on 4/27/2014I'm so glad I tried this restaurant. Having been burnt by other Indian restaurants I wasn't sure what to expect but they had pasanda on the menu which I haven't seen elsewhere. We ordered the lamb pasanda and lamb jalfrezi with rice and kabuli and keema naan breads. It was far too much food for the two of us but it was all delicious. They also serve beer, traditional Indian drinks (lassi and masala chai) as well as desserts but we were too full to try those. Their menu is extensive and I'm planning to go back for my Indian fix next time and try something different. I would have preferred the traditional Indian music but they changed the music to chart hits soon after we arrived. The restaurant was otherwise quiet and the service was good.I would recommend this to a friend.