North End Steakhouse
151 Admiral Kalbfus Rd.
Newport, RI 02840Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
North End Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://northendsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (401) 849-9880
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from North End Steakhouse
Coated with our signature rub and fire-grilled, our signature steaks have a flavor all their own. In addition to great steaks the North End Steakhouse also offers a full menu that includes seafood, ribs, sandwiches, gourmet pizza and more. Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner the North End Steakhouse also has Banquet and Meeting rooms for weddings, corporate meetings, parties, and other events or functions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
North End Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Back AgainAMoveableFoodieVIPDined on 11/1/2014As always, great food at great prices. Outstanding ribeye special served with expertly prepared gnocchi. A 20 oz. seared prime rib at a flawless medium-rare. Never disappointed at NESH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nice surpriseCLNYVIPDined on 10/29/2014i was surprised that a steakhouse located in a motel could be as good as it was A party of 6 all enjoyed their meals Steaks were all cooked as ordered and were very tender. my entree of prime was also very tender and cooked very rare as i ordered it. Sides were very generous and good also prices are very reasonable a nice place i will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprisedcxenaDined on 10/6/2014If you're looking for a quaint and/or trendy place in Newport, this is not it. This restaurant is located within a chain motel right off a major road, and while very clean and neat, has no ambiance to speak of. Having said that, let me just say that the food is excellent plain fare (although I would skip the lobster here. It was just okay) and VERY reasonably priced for the Newport area. There is a full range of menu items, to include a child's menu. The service was "meh", but all special requests were adhered to (for instance, "no garlic"), the food was hot and fresh and the portions were HUGE. It is an excellent choice for those on a budget not wanting fast-food fare, and/or for families with small children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and service!LMCuconnDined on 8/24/2014will definitely go back! My friends and I enjoyed a delicious meal! The steak was cooked perfectly and everyone at the table had a really nice timeSpecial Features:
- A Well Kept SecretAMoveableFoodieVIPDined on 7/24/2014I have always been a believer that in order to find a great prime rib, you have to be willing to try a place of the beaten path. North End Steakhouse (NESH) is that place. I have visited this establishment several times since moving to Newport, and am happy to see that it has ended up on Open Table, although I hope the crowds stay small. The menu is diverse, the specials are extraordinary, and the prime rib is the best around. There are no other places in the area that you will find 20 or 30 oz. cuts of quality meat for the price at NESH. Their Surf N' Turf, or Turf N' Turf (2 lobsters) are the best deals by far. This all being said, I have not wandered far from the larger cuts of Prime Rib, sirloin, or the Surf/Turf combos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem with great pricesMattyBDined on 7/23/2014Went for steak night. Family of five all had properly cooked flavorful filet's with wine for $100. Fantastic service with a smile!Special Features:
- Just okJustbeinghonestDined on 6/21/2014The food was ok but just average . To be honest concidering the name is North End Steakhouse I expected a steak house with multiple steaks to choose from but did not get it here . The steak was nothing special and they have a lot of other dishes on the menu from Italian food to pub food etc . Nothing about this place looked or tasted like a steak house . Very deceiving in the nameSpecial Features: