North End Grill
104 North End Avenue
New York, NY 10282Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
North End Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.northendgrillnyc.com/
- Phone: 6467471600x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday: 11:30am - 10:30pm; Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm; Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Korsh
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from North End Grill
Equipped with a distinctive open kitchen, which features custom-designed wood-burning grills and two charcoal-fired Josper Ovens, North End Grill showcases a market-driven menu replete with fresh, grilled cuisine, complimented by an inspiring wine and cocktail list, and a bar with over 100 scotches.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
North End Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (111)neighborhood gem (93)special occasion (69)great for lunch (58)notable wine list (52)great for brunch (46)vibrant bar scene (42)good for groups (40)romantic (35)great for outdoor dining (30)hot spot (23)kid-friendly (19)scenic view (14)late-night find (9)Show More
- 2essenceVIPDined on 8/30/2014Our only complaint was that they brought all the food out at once, appetizers and entrees. The food was, as always, excellent and imaginative. We do wish they'd change their menu a little more often.Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/30/2014Went for brunch, which was fine. Brunch hardly tested the new chef who replaced the founding chef. But my wife and I thought the food was very good and, happily, the price point was lower than on our last visit. North End Grill has a bit of a generic feel to it, but it's thoroughly professional and satisfying.
- A dinner to rememberjuliemc1102VIPDined on 8/26/2014Our reservation was honored promptly, and we got a table that was comfortable without being too noisy. The food was A++. We started with burrata with grilled bread, good to the last crumb. The wine list was notable for having interesting choices from Long Island. Our main courses were excellent. We ordered a side of corn that was spectacular. It tasted entirely of corm but better. Peach crisp for dessert was another standout. Although we live a meaningful cab ride away from the North End Grill, we are already talking about our next visit. Service was excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!ThissistaraDined on 8/22/2014Recommended by a coworker back in California. The food was awesome! The waiter had recommendations for the table, all which were also amazing. The place was pretty dead at night, but since it was such an amazing experience, we all assumed it must be a "go-to" for lunch time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome lunchJonpenn7Dined on 8/22/2014Everything was ideal. Service, food, ambiance- it has gotten better over timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Danny MeyerfoodiefirstDined on 8/20/2014enjoyable, attentive but not overbearing...wonderful food.... nice ambiance... highly recommend...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- harzmDined on 8/19/2014Wonderful food, excellent service. no hassle. We had a great time!Special Features:
- Yummy, will return again!ImaniVIPDined on 8/13/20145 stars in all categories, great menu with an array of unique selections. awesome place for a business lunch, recommend making reservations ahead of time because it gets crowded arounf 1pm. looking forward to returning again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/12/2014This was one of our many visits to North End Grill. With the change in chef, the food quality has remained excellent. The sommelier Mia picked a fabulous wine to pair with our meal. The rest of the service was just adequate. I was accustomed to excellent service with a lot of individual attention and this time it all fell kinda flat. I didn't see that many familiar faces, so perhaps there has been a big shift in staffing or they were having an off day. I can say the experience was a bit disappointing in comparison to my previous visits and gives me pause about returning with so many other options in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Very Good around the CornerGermanyatNYDined on 8/9/2014This is Battery City, enjoy a daily changing menue wich is absolutly perfect for flame/Wood griled Food, we liked it very much for our dinner around the Corner :-))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonymousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Love the food love the staff love the service This is our go to spot every week And we are treated like family here Love everything danny meyers touchesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experience every time2BudsVIPDined on 8/6/2014Wish they had burrata every time, but we make do when they don't. This place has you from the bread. The service is very friendly and experienced, so it makes having such wonderful food a very relaxing and enjoyable event. Had friends from out of town join us there for dinner recently and they thought it was divine, thanking us profusely for introducing them to this as they would have not discovered on their own.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Waiter seemed fairly bored and uninterested in providing a decent level of service- something you expect at this type of restaurant. We were seated outside- 2 members of our party not completely under the awning and it started to rain. Waiter just shrugged when we asked for another table. Really? Luckily the rain stopped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealLennyDined on 8/3/2014I chose the North End Grill for easy access for my cousins from West Orange, NJ. The restaurant was chosen randomly but i saw they had a great fish selection. The food and service far surpassed my expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Unbelievable food and great ambiance! The staff was incredible and really recommend the scallops! They really took great care in our service and made sure our celebration was unforgettable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a lunch date!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014I booked this for a much-needed date with my wife. It was excellent! We shared the little neck clam pizza & pancetta/egg/potato pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service = lacking, food=not specialJS504Dined on 7/31/2014The food was fine but definitely not as good as the prices would have dictated. The best good item was the duck fat fries... Those were amazing. The lamb chops were ok but were too thin for my liking. Our waitress was terrible. She seemed to very unhappy about her job. She brought us out food am there weren't any problems, it was just her attitude. Not friendly at all...just going through the motions. The dinner definitely wasn't worth the price. I would not recommend it unless you went for the beer and fries.Special Features:
- NYEatsDined on 7/31/2014Never fails to deliver excellent service and food!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/30/2014I reserved a table for 4 executives; one of which was the CEO visiting from Europe. When I called to confirm the reservation I had made 2 weeks prior through opentable, the "reservationist" advised that there was no such reservation. She said they could accommodate the party at 12:30pm. I told her that a member of the party was vegan and she said that was no problem at all. I also requested a table to the side, as secluded as possible and she said no problem again. When the party returned to the office, I found out that there was NOTHING the vegan could eat and the restaurant didn't even offer to make something. Further, the table they were sat at was right next to the kitchen in a virtual walkway! I will NEVER frequent this place.
- GREAT Danny Meyer Customer Service.kentDined on 7/29/2014We were lucky enough to get a table outside on a wonderful breezy evening and really enjoyed a family style dinner with a lot of apps, sides, and a couple of entrees for 5 diners. Everything was delicious, especially the crabmeat appetizer, the creamy burrata with grilled ciabatta, & the grilled and seasoned brussel sprouts & the cauliflower. LOVED the desserts also !! The staff was VERY accommodating and we really appreciate their "ownership in the restaurant " to make sure we have a wonderful dinner !! We will be back soon ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another winner from Danny MeyerReeks1Dined on 7/26/2014Honestly, I've never been this far south in Manhattan! It's quiet down there. Took a sunset sail from Battery Park and was looking for a higher-end restaurant for our group for afterwards. Google and voila!: North End Grill. The menu looked impressive and did not disappoint once we were there. Started with the shisito peppers. Delicious, but they are delicious everyone. Sea salt, olive oil and an open flame. No biggie. The potato, egg and pancetta pizza was amazing, with the richness of the yolks balancing out the salt-sprinkled pizza crust. For my entree, the whole branzino, which is my favorite fish. Here, as it should be, simply prepared and delicious. Perfect. This place is worth the trip downtown.Special Features:
- nonieDined on 7/24/2014Everything was very good, especially the chichen liver.Special Features:
- Great food-unremarkable placejustokDined on 7/22/2014Food was good, interesting menu. decor same as so many other places need some color. Black with white marble is so yesterday and not well done. Wait staff nice but they have too many tables. The closeness of tables make for a noisy dining experience.Special Features:
- Never coming backDissatisfied83Dined on 7/20/2014I picked this place because of the great reviews. As I entered wih a friend to let them know we made rsvp's the hostess looked at us and walked the other way. A man came and sat us outside. We waited about 10 mins to get our drink & waited half hour for our food order. The main hostess walked over and apologized for the delay & insinuated we would be comped drinks on the house. Never happened! Will never come back here & food was greasy & flavorless.Special Features:
- Terrific food, excellent servicejoieDined on 7/18/2014Strong kitchen, good-looking restaurant and attentive, easy service. Went for a social dinner, but would be equally good for business. Good wine list too. Will look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2essenceVIPDined on 7/12/2014Everything was perfect. The way they prepare octopus makes them legendary!Special Features:
- Gave it a second trySheritaDined on 7/6/2014I had been to the North Ave grill in the past and did not have the best of experiences, I am so happy that I decided to come back. Our service was really outstanding. Kim was the best and went out of her way to make our visit to the restaurant a well received one. We came from brunch, my mother had the waffle which was a little sweet for my taste but she really enjoyed it. I had the house cured smoked salmon and crab salad, both of which were delicious. The server even brought us the beautiful cheesecake that wasn't even on the menu. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Amazing evening!ElisaSDined on 7/5/2014From the moment we walked into this beautiful, spacious restaurant and were led to our table, we knew we were in for a fantastic evening. The waitstaff were attentive without being intrusive, the special drinks (blueberry mohito and rose sangria) were unusual - refreshing twists on the usual drinks. The charred pepper side dish, snacks, for instance the smoked sable with beets and sour cream and the appetizer which 4 of is shared (the pizza with pancetta, eggs and potato) were exquisite. We all had the seasonal shellfish bake, iceberg lettuce with blue cheese dressing and blueberry cobbler with vanilla icecream. Every bite of each thing we ordered was perfection! We can't wait to return.Special Features:
- great dinnerrobertDined on 7/4/2014Menu was creative. Food was fantastic. Service was very good. Will definitely be back. Overall a ten on a scale of one to ten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/3/2014the clam bake was sensational we all loved it If it was easier to get to I would be there more often But I will always settle for The Modern and of course USC [my all time favorite]Special Features:
- Great Place!MaryTDined on 7/3/2014I was having my largest client for lunch while he was here in NY. He was staying downtown so I wanted to find a place close to his location. Since I am not familiar with the area I researched online. I was impressed by the website and the reviews I read. I decided to give it a try, with fingers crossed. The first thing I said when I walked in the door was "oh this place IS nice!" The food was fresh and amazingly tasty. The service was impeccable. Some places in the city can be a little snooty, but not here. Everyone was super friendly and made us feel very welcomed. I will be back! My client also loved it and sent me a follow-up text thanking me for taking him to such a great place. I think he will also be back next time he is in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacekandeDined on 6/29/2014Would go there again. They didn't have a huge menu but what they did have was unique. They cook like me! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new2nycVIPDined on 6/27/2014A very special evening enjoyed by four of us at North End Grill. The smoked sable,burata grilled octopus and oysters were all delicious starters.We all had the bronzini for main course.it was buttery,moist, and perfectly cooked-excellent!! We shared three desserts,particularly loving the rhubarb crisp with smoked vanilla?ice cream-but ALL were good. the wine list was nice, and after a few "tastes" we enjoyed a pinot gris. The service was outstanding--friendly,and helpful-and conversation possible on a summer friday eve.. They also have a special of $1.00 oysters at the bar and patio from 8-10pm... We loved the evening and will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too NoisyViewLoverDined on 6/26/2014The food was really good, but the noise level was a little too much. It was hard to have a conversation. I felt like I was having to talk too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch and DinnerJimMVIPDined on 6/24/2014Dropped in for a late lunch one day while in the neighborhood and sat outside. Service was impeccable and food fantastic, so decided it was worth trying for dinner, too. We were not disappointed. Again, service was perfect, excellent wine recommendation, food was incredible. Very happy we came across this place. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit as good as the firstKathleen3206Dined on 6/24/2014Since our first visit in February the chef has changed, but this has had no bad effects. The menu items are still creative and flavorful, the wine list is carefully chosen, the service is solid, and the room still gets packed with eager eaters. Every dish we chose was delectable. All the staff members we encountered were upbeat and friendly.Special Features:
- Odd location, smart restaurantFoodwomanVIPDined on 6/21/2014A restaurant where the staff "buys in " and the chef delivers. Terrific range of brunch food...homemade sausages...lamb, pork...balls on skewers. Thick, carmelized bacon, Smoked fish. They use their wood burning fires potential well. Can't wait to try dinner.Special Features:
- I've become a regularNYCSCHVIPDined on 6/19/2014It helps that I work in Battery Park City for sure but it's really the food that makes this worth the trip. I go for lunch regularly but also come here for dinner when I can. The service is lovely, they have high end menu options but without the high end prices or the requirement of a prix fixe. The dishes are flavorful and inventive but remarkably simple. The single malt scotch selection as well as the wine list helps round out the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPRMayorDined on 6/18/2014Dined with a friend who is big into food and wine, we came here to experience the service and Chef Eric Korsh's menu. Our experience was ideal, we felt the presence of hospitality from beginning to end and our server was savvy in pairing wines with each of our courses. I look forward to dining here again.Special Features:
- Great seafood, amazing whiskey listBillDined on 6/18/2014Small but daily updated menu with butter-melting seafood, lamb and steaks. Small to medium portions, but decently priced for what you get in terms of taste. Very extensive wine and whiskey lists, with most items accordingly priced for the successful. But some good deals too. Food is amazing (milk poached Halibut anyone?), ambiance is business and conversation friendly, improved by outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.