North End Grill
104 North End Avenue
New York, NY 10282Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
North End Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.northendgrillnyc.com/
- Phone: (646) 747-1600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday: 11:30am - 10:30pm; Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm; Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Korsh
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from North End Grill
Equipped with a distinctive open kitchen, which features custom-designed wood-burning grills and two charcoal-fired Josper Ovens, North End Grill showcases a market-driven menu replete with fresh, grilled cuisine, complimented by an inspiring wine and cocktail list, and a bar with over 100 scotches.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
North End Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Awesome place for dinnerMattiaDined on 11/22/2014I had a late dinner at the bar, right in front of the kitchen area. It was amazing to see all the chefs working as a well oiled machine, while having a delicious dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulCarolinaDined on 11/22/2014We were visiting NY for a long weekend and were looking for nice restaurants in the Battery Park area. Made reservations at this restaurant based on the reviews from open table, and we were not disappointed. The crowd is a bit older than i expected, probably because it is a bit pricey, so it does not attract younger crowds, but in any case, nothing to complain about. The appetizers were yummy! We had shihsito peppers and head-on prawns. For entrees, my boyfriend ordered a 28day aged steak which was perfect. I ordered a whole daurade and the waiter was kind to ask me if i minded the fish with the head or without. It was delicious and it melred in the mouth! The staff was really nice and took good care of us, filling our glasses every time they were a bit empty. For dessert we had almond joy ice cream... I tasted heaven! In summary, we had a wonderful experience and if i lived in NYC i would go to that restaurant often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a knockout with great food, wine & serviceLml4400VIPDined on 11/20/2014Occasionally a bit pricey but maybe because it's our neighborhood "go to". The food is still outstanding after the departure of Floyd Cardoza with so excellent standards like Grilled octopus and Clam Pizza. Entrees are locally sourced and stand up well to their varied wine list. The service is over the top attentive without being intrusive and will keep me coming back again and again Thank you one and allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow - Ridiculously nice people and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/18/2014My wife and I misjudged the walk from the subway. And the play we had gone to lasted longer than advertised. But as we hightailed it down Chambers, we called and they kept the kitchen open a little longer for us, even though it was late, after ten. And the food was fantastic. This is a great place, a destination spot. They made us happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Delicious!CHIQUITA635VIPDined on 11/18/2014The food was very delicious The manager and our server made us feel very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulousJenGDined on 11/16/2014North End Grill is a fabulous place. Great service, amazing food, and I mean amazing. It's a bit pricey for me for every day, but great for a special occasion (or if someone else is paying!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatKiscoQVIPDined on 11/15/2014Fabulous brunch, their eggs Benedict variations always a hit. Great gin fizz (perfect brunch drink, just sayin).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North End Grill is AMAZING!razlivchikDined on 11/14/2014This is a real gem in Battery Park! Fantastic service, really great fresh ingredients that are infused to create perfectly balanced, always amazingly delicious, innovative plates. I come here as much as I can, and this place never disappoints. They change up the menu quite a bit, have a great wine list. Even the table bread is fabulous. Oh, yes, the dessert... don't leave this place without it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heartbreak HealedJSNYCVIPDined on 11/13/2014We were heartbroken when Chef Eric Korsh left Calliope and then that spot closed. Now he has resurfaced at North End Grill, and that is a very good thing. Eric's cooking and classic Danny Meyer service is a powerful combination indeed. We were a group of six, and we plowed our way through a good chunk of the menu. Everything was delicious. A bit out of the way for us, but we'll be back soon, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great choicewallstreeterDined on 11/13/2014delicious food and quiet diningroom, great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014Delicious and perfectly prepared dishes. Loved the octopus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious brunch with friendssonhomeu01VIPDined on 11/8/2014We took 2 friends visiting from Washington, DC for brunch on Saturday. I had the crab and spinach benedict, which was wonderful! My fiancée had the breakfast pizza and it was good too, but the crab and spinach benedict was definitely better. My friends had the breakfast pizza and the short rib burger, and both enjoyed their selections. We shared the bread basket to start which was very good as well. I was so impressed that almost everyone in the dining room had young children with them and the place was so quiet! Nice that the restaurant is child-friendly and that there are so many well-behaved children out there. Our server from Georgia was very friendly. Will definitely be back, we love that this gem is so close to our apartment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great on trend foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2014wonderful staff to to recommend fooda nd wine, great charchuterie made in house.Special Features:
- elegant; excellent for businessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014service excellent - first time someone had the courtesy to ask me how much time we have so he can plan the service accordingly. much appreciated. oh, and 200 single malt scotch labels noted on the way out...will have to come back in the evening some time.Special Features:
- Quick LunchbizluncheonDined on 11/6/2014Why would you not serve bread after our drinks order considering there was none with my Entree while charging approx $30 per Entree
- Another great anniversary dinnerpeskeDined on 11/5/2014North End Grill keeps on killing it! Despite a regime change, the new chef has produced a fresh new menu with a charcuterie that I almost got lost in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday evening dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/2/2014I had the seafood bake, which was really good (tho it had a lot of butter- which made it a little messy to eat). Really enjoyed the open kitchen and attentive service. I also tasted the steak which was delicious (would recommend) and the duck fat fries (also, recommend.) The chocolate malt cake for dessert was very good and I enjoyed the pumpkin ice cream and the malted chocolate ice cream. Would go back again if in FiDi and wanted a nice meal. Their bar looked like they would have good drinks as well. I saw that someone had a whiskey flight while I was on my way out of the restaurant and would want to try that the next time.Special Features:
- excellent dinnernew2nycVIPDined on 11/1/2014Very enjoyable meal here for four of us sat night.The fish--Halibut ,especially delicious.the desserts, as well.I think this is a terrific restaurant and im always pleased to dine here... the service was excellent and I look forward to returning...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing winesWineLoverDined on 10/31/2014Seems possible to offer better wine than the ones we tried. At least the by glass Pinot Noir.Special Features:
- They treat their customers wellOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/30/2014Great innovative dishes, especially their desserts which were to die for. When my wife's duck wasn't done exactly to the temperature of her liking, they took care of it properly. Our server Erica and the manager Noni provided great service.Special Features:
- When the chef changeschbbDined on 10/27/2014My husband and I used to go to that neighborhood gem when it opened. But unfortunately, after a change of chef, the quality dropped. The prawns we ate were defrozen ones. This was confirmed by the waiter. Would you not except fresh sea food in such a high scale restaurant with such prices ? After the seafood platter, which we had to eat without a plate, we didn't receive anything to clean our hands. After such a disaster, we skipped the entrées and went directly to the desserts which were overly sweet. In my pear crumble, I only tasted the sugar, not even the slightest hint of pear. We are so sad because the North End Grill used to be one of our favorite spots downtown. We'll have to find another one to invite our guests.
- Fantastic ExperienceItalianscallionVIPDined on 10/26/2014What a gem. The wait staff was incredible. The Sommelier superbly helpful. Our waiter found out my wife's interests and went online and printed out information on places to visit the next day. The food was extremely well prepared. We had a whole Dorado with the head on. One of the best pieces of fish I've ever had. At the end of our meal , the Sommelier came by our table with a half pint of a very nice Speyside scotch and a crystal bucket of ice. Bottle of distilled water with a dropper. This was the Piece d' Resistance. They do a lot of power lunches for wall street and you now know why. This is a definite top of our list for a return. A marvelous dining experience overall.Special Features:
- Another Danny Meyer hitcontangoDined on 10/17/2014Have been here twice. Once for lunch, and last Friday evening to celebrate our son's birthday and anniversary. Both experiences were excellent. The menu is innovative and everything we ate was delicious. Bar menu is innovative as well. Service was as excellent as all of Mr. Meyers establishments are. The decor is modern yet very warm and inviting. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 10/17/2014With a recent new chef and a new menu, North End Grill's food is consistently good and sometimes outstanding. Not every dish is transformative, but a number produce satisfied grins. Service is welcoming and friendly as you'd expect in a Danny Meyer restaurant. It's a pity only that prices have been creeping up in the last year or so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!RandyL999VIPDined on 10/16/2014Went to the 9/11 museum and needed a place to eat afterwards. What good fortune to find a Danny Meyer restaurant within walking distance! Server Robin and wine director Mia made sure we had a great experience. Food was wonderful, great wine list ($68 for a half bottle of Krug is absurdly great!). Short rib beef burger is a don't miss along with the duck fat fries. Superb pastry chef as well. Next time in NYC we'll make sure to be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Duck LegChuckVIPDined on 10/16/2014The oysters weren't great; they smelled too fishy and didn't seem fresh but the duck leg was excellent. The eggs are a hit, too. They could add more gluten free menu items and better accommodate those with allergies.Special Features:
- Good Food, even better Wiskey BarVideoEaterDined on 10/14/2014Food was fantastic with just the right amount of edge, but be sure to cap it with Wiskey from there very large selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North End Grill Great AgainJJSNYCDined on 10/12/2014Food is always good and changes with the season. When they have it, the tasting menu is a great selection.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/11/2014This was our third time there, and each time has been fantastic.Special Features:
- DisappointedYogafriendVIPDined on 10/11/2014We have been great fans of the North End Grill since it opened but we were disappointed recently. The service had lost its edge, .e.g., we had to ask for more bread twice. The cooked carrots on one dish were cold. The duck with cherry sauce had no cherry sauce. My fish was excellent but the standards were not what they had been.Special Features:
- High expectationsDaveberDined on 10/10/2014Food was very good but not special. Expected a Danny Meyer restaurant to be special. It was not. Ambience was quite nice. Service should have been better at these prices.Special Features:
- Great service, outstanding foodJaniceDined on 10/9/2014The service was wonderful. Everyone was extremely attentive. The menu was diverse.Special Features:
- Too much fatLN54Dined on 10/6/2014The meal was generally good. But it was coocked and served with far to much fat! A lot of noise in the room.Special Features:
- Great until the endsiryumalotVIPDined on 10/5/2014Everything was lovely but once our main courses arrived our server literally disappeared. We waited and waited and waited (with three children five and under) for dessert and then waited and waited again to pay. It was odd, that said the food was so good it almost didn't matter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/4/2014North End Grill has remained a delicious favorite of ours ever since we moved to Battery Park. The Service and food is wonderful and because of its laid back vibe (albeit the modern chic decor) it has truly become a once a week favorite for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining Experiencejwn59Dined on 10/4/2014Came to North End Grill on the recommendation of a co-worker. Was a little anxious, as the dinner was to celebrate my wife's birthday and I didn't want to dissappoint, but no chance of that. It was a great experience. Food was excellent. We had the clam pizza as an amazing starter and it just got better from there. The wait and bar staff were knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. They took some time to talk to us about our experince and seemed determined to make sure we had the best time! We will definitely be going back next time we are in NYC!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot, service could be betterDannyDined on 10/1/2014I've eaten at Danny Meyer's other restaurants, like Gramercy Tavern and Union Square Café, and they have the service down to perfection. So maybe it was my high expectations, but the service at this location was just fair. Our waitress was a little inattentive, and it wasn't all that crowded.Special Features:
- Would definitely returnNickDined on 9/25/2014I dined with a friend who was staying at the Conrad next door. The dining room atmosphere was modern, relaxing, and conducive to conversation. The food was very good. The grilled octopus salad appetizer was memorable as it was pretty and tasty, topped off with delicious white anchovies. Our entrees of grilled lamb chops and milk poached halibut were excellent as well. For dessert, one of us wanted something light, not on the menu, and the waiter was able to delivered a delicately arranged fruit plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/23/2014Food was DELICIOUS. Ordered the loup de mer (which I had ordered several days before and enjoyed so much that I "had" to have it again). Great appetizers and raw bar. Lovely wine list. TOO good bread and desserts.Special Features:
- They can be quick when you need itCons1VIPDined on 9/22/2014Good place and we told them we have limited time and the turnaround was perfect and the food good. A+ for serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.