North End Cafe
1722 Frankfort Avenue
Louisville, KY 40206Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
North End Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://northendcafe.com/
- Phone: 5028968770
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Tuesday - Sunday: 8:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Seckman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering is offered seven days a week. We offer caterings for small or large groups. We cater breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Please visit www.northendcafe.com to view our catering menu, or call Torri Coddington @ 896-8770
- Private Party Facilities: North End Cafe is opening a private meeting room on February 1, 2009. The room will seat up to 25 people and is perfect for business meeetings, bridal showers, baby showers, birthday parties, or any special occassion.
- Private Party Contact: Torri Coddington 502-896-8770
- Special Events: We are now offering rental of the entire restaurant for large parties. This is perfect for receptions, anniversary parties, etc.
A word from North End Cafe
Located on Historic Frankfort Avenue in two Renovated Shotgun style Houses, the North End Café offers a unique setting for any occasion. Our décor blends historic architectural elements of the original design with modern accents. We feature a collection of artwork from Louisville's up and coming artists.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
North End Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sunday Brunch Success!!Tomcat88VIPDined on 11/4/2012Very wide choice of Sunday breakfast & brunch items on the menu. plus the daily specials offered us some tasty entrees. We enjoyed a relaxed noon brunch to share conversation and enjoy the Sunday sports section. Great service and fresh fruit side items added to our meals.Special Features:
- This was not first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/30/2012This was not first visit to the cafe but a first not so enjoyable one. Hostess had difficulty getting order correct and when food was brought out, this problem became more obvious! Additionally, food was cold when it finally did arrive at table. Decided to eat it anyway despite being cold and just hope this was an exception and not the new norm! Will try Cafe again just to check.Special Features:
- When I got there and saidOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2012When I got there and said we had reservations thru open table I was told they did not have us down and that the Restaraunt had stopped doing open table. Confusing since I got a co formation and now this request for review! Either employee(s) ate misinformed or this is a useless auto email request! I would not mind an answer since we eat there a lot! Thx'Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2012The food was very good and the young woman who was our server was excellent. We were the only people there from about 6-7 on a Tuesday evening. This was a very good dining experience, but I have experienced not so good before.
- Enjoyed everything, made reservatioOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2012Enjoyed everything, made reservations online the night before, love that. I had reservations for a play later and the reservations let us get there in plenty of time.Special Features:
- We requested a table becauseHoganDined on 9/22/2012We requested a table because the seats in the booth are too low for short (and getting shorter) people and were cheerfully accomdated. Unfortunately, that meant we had to sit in the noisy room. On the happy side the noisiest people left before our food arrived. The broiled salmon was great as always but the curry dish was a disappointment. The Rueben was also good. The service was quite good.Special Features:
- You have a fabulous menu andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2012You have a fabulous menu and beer selection. The service is always wonderful and the food could not be better.Special Features:
- service was slow at beginning;OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2012service was slow at beginning; and there were not many diners (late reservation). however, server very friendly, and service picked up once we received our appetizers. food was great. two of us are vegan. the vegan stir fry was excellent as was the quinoa black bean cake.
- The group I was with was newOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012The group I was with was new to North End Cafe. We found the food to be delicious and nicely prepared. The atmosphere was casual and friendly. Our server was very nice and helpful with the menu. It was a nice place to carry on conversations without any sort of loud music getting in the way. It was a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- The North End Cafe truly isOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2012The North End Cafe truly is what it says it is: simple. There's no fear of hating a pricey plate that championed culinary risk for the sake of risk. The food is American style with an emphasis on comfort food. The plates are affordable, and you can be confident that whatever you pick will taste great! The atmosphere is comfortable and on the nicer side as far as restaurants go. The wait staff was great: accurate, courteous, and efficient.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2012Wide selection of delicious food. Wonderful atmosphere for conversation at the table. Attentive service.Special Features:
- Great food and good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2012Great food and good service. NEC has a unique menu.Special Features:
- eSteve2555Dined on 8/9/2012Food was tasty. However, 35 minute wait for lunch to arrive was too long.Special Features:
- Great food, good service inOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2012Great food, good service in a pleasant, informal atmosphere. What else could you want?Special Features:
- Excellent Food ExcellentSeviche4SevicheVIPDined on 7/25/2012Excellent Food Excellent Service Have been to this hotel several times, always good food, good service and good value.Special Features:
- Excellent breakfast, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2012Excellent breakfast, great vibe, pleasant service. We will be back!Special Features:
- Needs ImprovementOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2012Very quiet, which is ok if that's what you are going for. Our poor waitress was new and struggling to get it right. They didn't actually have many of the beers on their beer list. The mussels were undercooked & about one third of them were not open when they arrived at the table. Overall, ok, just nothing special.
- Try the orange-spiced french toasttellitlikeitisVIPDined on 7/4/2012Food was very good and fresh. I think they were short of help when we went on the 4th of July, the service was a bit slow. After glancing over the menu.....we want to try the dinner entree's too!Special Features:
- Great food, but it didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012Great food, but it didn't all come out at the same time, and drink refills weren't as often as I'd like. They weren't busy, either, but my last experience there before was great, and they were very busy, so maybe this was just a fluke?Special Features:
- We liked this restaurant veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012We liked this restaurant very much. The service was outstanding and the food was excellent. I like that the breakfast menu was available in the early evening. My trout hash was unusual and very good. My companion had an omelet - she said it was 'delicious.'Special Features:
- Neighborhood Go-To PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2012Great food as always. I find that sitting in the bar area for lunch is the quietest spot. Asked for local eggs to be used for my omelet of the day - veggies and goat cheese. Especially yummy.Special Features:
- Friendly service, Timely service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2012Friendly service, Timely service. Enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/3/2012Great atmosphere, great food, and reasonably priced. It's my go to brunch spot for out of towners.Special Features:
- Food was fantastic, atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2012Food was fantastic, atmosphere was a big let-down. It was very noisy with very few diners inside - most ere out on the patio. The atmosphere really took a nose-dive when a foursome of extremely loud and impossibly annoying people came in that had clearly been drinking before arriving. The salmon was delicious and the calimari was some of the best I've had.Special Features:
- Great food, prompt service,TLC516Dined on 5/13/2012Great food, prompt service, adequate selections for kids, especially since they serve off of the breakfast menu (except for specials) all day.Special Features:
- I thought it was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012I thought it was excellent. I've been here before for both breakfast and dinner. My wife was less than impressed with the Salmon, but it simply wasn't to her taste. I finished it for her and thought it was great. Everyone in my family enjoyed the chips, salsa, and guacamole.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Great service and great food! Perfect for Sunday brunch or a nice cafe style dinnerSpecial Features:
- Our group of 8 had excellentEKEMVIPDined on 5/12/2012Our group of 8 had excellent service and the food was terrific. The fresh fish special, always a risk at a restaurant, was fresh and perfectly prepared. We did not feel rushed and the young teens with us were fine. Good spot.Special Features:
- I was at North End Cafe forKarenVIPDined on 5/5/2012I was at North End Cafe for breakfast on Derby day. There were four of us and we all ordered different things: from Migas to the veggie stirfry and black bean taco. We all loved our meals and the waitress did a super job of checking in and refilling coffee cups and water glasses. I'm already trying to figure out when we are going back. The migas are fantastic: hearty, made with three eggs, jalapenos, cheese, and spices and served with awesome breakfast potatoes! Yum!! It was a great way to kick off Derby!!Special Features:
- What a find! I highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012What a find! I highly recommend the restaurant. The food was amazing (chicken enchiladas melt in your mouth and the scallops and grits are to die for). The atmosphere is fun and interesting ( a converted "house" no less). When in Louisville do yourself a favor and get to the North End Cafe.Special Features:
- could have been a better experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2012could have been a better experience if service was good.
- Perfect! We had the chickenPc1029VIPDined on 4/21/2012Perfect! We had the chicken quesadilla for an appetizer for the 4 of us, and then I had a very good chicken salad sandwich, and my husband had the asian stir fry with chicken. He said it was really good too. It was the perfect place to eat before biking to the waterfront for Thunder Over Louisville!Special Features:
- Great place for dinner beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012Great place for dinner before going to the prom. Friendly staff, great food, great atmosphere. We sat in a quiet room in the front of the restaurant.Special Features:
- MUST Try or GO BACK if been a whileOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/19/2012I had not been here for years because of moving out of state but I remember it being pretty good and a hot brunch spot but I guess it had been a long time since I had dinner. Each plate that was set in front of me just got better and better. I took the first bite of my dinner and I think I fell back in my seat, AMAZING sums that up! I just kept saying to my friends, was this place always this good! I wanted doc one back before leaving town but just not enough time... it's a MUST GO TO SPOT. Prices are great too!Special Features:
- Waiter was friendly, but theCAC25VIPDined on 4/5/2012Waiter was friendly, but the restaurant was out of two of the three items we ordered. I also ordered a Sonoma Chardonnay and was told they were out of that too. It became a bit of a joke. The food was average.
- We left happyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2012We had a really lovely time at North End last Saturday. We ordered a Cobb salad, and mussels and baked brie from the tapas menu. The kitchen split the salad for us and one salad was great for the two of us. This is a slightly nontraditional Cobb: added pickled beets and spring lettuce mix, Swiss cheese instead of bleu, but really excellent. The mussels were cooked just right in the house recipe which has a tomatoey broth--again excellent but nontraditional. The brie was fine and a nice way to finish. We had a bottle of New Zealand sauvignon blanc that was fruity, refreshing and perfect. Wine list is good but somewhat pricey. No rose to be found. Our server was wonderful: helpful, friendly, caring, efficient and happy to answer questions.Special Features:
- Non-breakfast food is avgOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2012Non-breakfast food is avg at best.. We stayed after for drinks and the lingering staff were quite rude to us for interrupting their 'party'
- Wonderful breakfast placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/18/2012Wonderful breakfast place that is often overlooked because their lunch and dinner offerings are so well known. Love this place-- they have been great for years and have not become complacent.
- North End is one of our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/10/2012North End is one of our favorite places. We go almost every Friday evening in the summer to sit on the patio and drink wine. This time, we met an out-of-town friend for lunch -- and I'm not sure I'd ever been inside before. It's really wonderful.Special Features:
- I always enjoy North End andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012I always enjoy North End and I love that they offer vegetarian/vegan friendly options. My non-veg date loved the veggie burger and especially the fries.Special Features: